• 63 results
Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#1 Posted by AllStarSuperman (38613 posts) - - Show Bio

Hit-Girl/Mindy Macready (Kick-Ass)

No Caption Provided

VS

Hawkeye/Clint Barton (Marvel Cinematic Universe)

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• In Character
  • Standard Gear
  • Random Encounter
  • Opponents Start In Sight and 100 Feet Away

No Caption Provided

Who wins?

#3 Posted by jayskee (3816 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye

#4 Posted by highaccuser (29055 posts) - - Show Bio

Clint solos the Kick Ass cast.

#5 Posted by TifaLockhart (18879 posts) - - Show Bio

There are robots and the city is floating and I'm shooting arrows and nothing makes sense.

#6 Posted by TifaLockhart (18879 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: hey, A.S.S., have you seen the KA2 HeroClix figures and if so, what do you think of them?

#7 Posted by AllStarSuperman (38613 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by morleericks (9384 posts) - - Show Bio

Well they start in sight so probably Hawkeye

#9 Posted by AllStarSuperman (38613 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#10 Posted by Cosmic_Templar (2511 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Hitgirl an arrowtimer?

#11 Posted by lubub55 (5809 posts) - - Show Bio

At this distance Hawkeye.

#12 Posted by AllStarSuperman (38613 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure why everyone is giving the win to Hawkeye because range. 100 feet isn't that far, plus there's tons of cover in the warehouse. Plus it's a lot faster to draw a hand gun and fire it then to draw a bow, load an arrow, then fire it.

Is Hitgirl an arrowtimer?

Shes a bullet timer.

No Caption Provided

#13 Posted by Cosmic_Templar (2511 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: Well then, I see no reason why she can't dodge his arrows and defeat him at H2H.

#14 Posted by lubub55 (5809 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: It's much easier to pull off accurate shots from 100 feet with a bow than it is with pistols, and Hawkeye has AOE arrows.

#15 Posted by highaccuser (29055 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure why everyone is giving the win to Hawkeye because range. 100 feet isn't that far, plus there's tons of cover in the warehouse. Plus it's a lot faster to draw a hand gun and fire it then to draw a bow, load an arrow, then fire it.

She can't avoid any trick arrows and he can avoid bullets reasonably.

I know Clint is bogged down by his in-universe classification as Black Widow level, but in a forum environment he would fodderize characters like that with the gear he possess.

#16 Posted by Silverrings (5361 posts) - - Show Bio

Given how little trouble Mindy had with multiple bullets at very close range with extremely limited cover and space I don't see arrows being a big problem for her, and the second she's within slicing distance Clint gets cut to ribbons.

Having said that he can just blow her up from afar.

#17 Posted by highaccuser (29055 posts) - - Show Bio

Clint would also stomp in melee regardless.

#18 Posted by AllStarSuperman (38613 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#19 Posted by blackpantherisb (2469 posts) - - Show Bio

Hit Girl

#20 Posted by AllStarSuperman (38613 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#21 Posted by NewWorldOrder (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

Hit Girl

#22 Posted by Slim_Summers (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals on hit girl wins because Clint wouldn't kill a little girl or even go all out h2h

Morals off Clint kills her immediately

#23 Posted by DSTREET45 (2986 posts) - - Show Bio

Clint due to trick arrows. Even if he wasn't going for the kill he has at least one AoE arrow that could down her.

#24 Posted by buildhare (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

Clint due to trick arrows. Even if he wasn't going for the kill he has at least one AoE arrow that could down her.

#25 Posted by AllStarSuperman (38613 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#26 Edited by rogueshadow (22479 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure, the area of effect pulse arrow from Age of Ultron could do her in, not sure how she could defend against that given it's range, whereas I think Clint's generally too tactically aware and fast to get tagged off the bat.

Avatar image for ithemanwithoutfeari
#27 Posted by ITheManWithoutFearI (1967 posts) - - Show Bio

@dstreet45 said:

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#28 Posted by blackpantherisb (2469 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can't she just shoot lint in the head? She is a bullet timer, he won't open with an AOE arrow and she will open with a gun shot.

#29 Posted by AlphaQ (4512 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye should win but Hit-Girl's guns, speed and aggro fighting style makes it possible she can pull the win on occasion.

#30 Posted by AllStarSuperman (38613 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#31 Posted by Rag_man (1230 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by wallywest042 (572 posts) - - Show Bio

Hitgirl. (love her nd hate hawkeye)

#33 Posted by tphilx (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Clint could blow her up with some explosive arrow, but if he doesn't, she takes him in H2H

Avatar image for major_hellstorm
#34 Edited by Major_Hellstorm (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who sees the word in character here? Clint will not use trick arrows against a little girl since it could kill her (as far as I know he has electric and explosive arrows, both deadly to a little girl). Clint would try to restrain her instead which would not end well as Mindy is a great shot and will go for the kill (random encounter so she does not know if he is a hero).

#35 Posted by Superhero24 (1023 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: yup. Hit Girl is like an average shield Agent probably below average in all honesty.

#36 Posted by AllStarSuperman (38613 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#38 Posted by DSTREET45 (2986 posts) - - Show Bio

Clint.

#39 Posted by HeroUp2112 (11736 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeaahhh...the operative phrase here is "in character". I just don't see Clint using any of his effective AoE arrows on her while she's raining in accurate pistol fire at him. She's going to quick close the distance between them and light him up with those same pistols from point blank ranger unless he puts an arrow IN her that's going to incapacitate her. I mean he MIGHT do that to a little girl if he knows she's likely to kill him. I see him as being that kind of guy, I just don't see it as being his first option.

#40 Posted by AllStarSuperman (38613 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: @heroup2112: Thanks for the explanations guys.

@lubub55: @jayskee: @morleericks: Reasons?

@rogueshadow said:

Not sure, the area of effect pulse arrow from Age of Ultron could do her in, not sure how she could defend against that given it's range, whereas I think Clint's generally too tactically aware and fast to get tagged off the bat.

Mindy's much faster then him, she could still outright dodge the arrow. If Clint did manage to hit the ground near her, she'd still survive it, as she as somehow taken a grenade unharmed, and she did it in regular clothes.

No Caption Provided

The only trick arrow that's really any sort of game changer, was that machine gun arrow from the first Avengers movie. Even then, that could be avoided, considering how she dodged direct machine gunfire while on top of that van in KA2.

Clint on the other hand, isn't a bullet timer, and he was fatally tagged at the beginning of Age of Ultron. He also had absolutely no reaction time against Quicksilver, who again, wasn't that fast, and died by bullets.

Hit Girl is like an average shield Agent probably below average in all honesty.

Don't be dumb. No fodder agent can solo 20 guys in direct gunfire with no cover. Hell, not even the good agents can, as not even Grant Ward has done anything like it.

Morals off Clint kills her immediately

Yeah, just like how morals off Clint killed Black Widow immediately.......oh wait.

#41 Edited by AllStarSuperman (38613 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser said:

Clint solos the Kick Ass cast.

He absolutely would not. He's never been portrayed as a team buster, he's actually been the weakest of the Avengers, except mayube jobber Falcon.

@highaccuser said:

Clint would also stomp in melee regardless.

Stop being ridiculous. Landing one attack on Black Panther doesn't make you some unbelievable god among men. Mindy actually going H2H with Mother Russia in an extended fight, actually showing blocks/counters/holds/escapes from holds, is infinitely more impressive than barely lasting 12 seconds against Panther before being laid out.

@highaccuser said:

She can't avoid any trick arrows and he can avoid bullets reasonably.

She could avoid almost every single arrow in his arsenal. An arrow with a taser on it doesn't make it faster or harder to dodge. And no Hawkeye can't really dodge bullets from an extremely accurate marksmen.

I know Clint is bogged down by his in-universe classification as Black Widow level, but in a forum environment he would fodderize characters like that with the gear he possess.

He doesn't do it in the movies because he can't. Widow has beaten him once, and was beating him again until Scarlet Which interfered. He's only other showings are distracting Panther and Ironman, who he had no actual chance of beating.

#42 Edited by AllStarSuperman (38613 posts) - - Show Bio

Not seeing how Clint is supposed to avoid gunfire from Hit-Girl:

No Caption Provided

She shoots him dead.

She also has her strobe attachment, which gives her even more of an advantage:

No Caption Provided

And if the fight ever goes melee, I'd take the double bladed staff over the just basic staff:

No Caption Provided

#43 Edited by Eisenfauste (17367 posts) - - Show Bio

Pitting a special needs girl against Hawkeye isn't really fair.

#44 Posted by nickzambuto (27257 posts) - - Show Bio

She can avoid his arrows with superhuman reflexes and great agility. Clint would have to adapt quickly and trick or trap her with a trick arrow, like he did with Black Panther. On all reasonable counts, Hawkeye totally won that fight several times over. Black Panther for all his superhuman agility, was outplayed by Hawkeye and took explosives to the face. Thanks to F'ing invulnerable armor and nothing else he was able to continue, and still got outmaneuvered and choked out, saved only by the fact that he had the gear to just cut the bow in half. So he needed invulnerable armor AND claws that can cut through anything just to defeat Hawkeye. Either one of those is a gigantic advantage, but one of them wouldn't have been enough. Black Panther needed BOTH.

People really undersell Clint's performance in that movie. He even tricked Vision twice.

But is all of this applicable against a fighter as fast and witty as Mindy? I can picture either one of them winning.

#45 Posted by LordWhiskers (731 posts) - - Show Bio

Hit Girl lives up to her name and gets sniped. Clint feels no remorse for her and laughs it off. He brings her head to Wanda as a trophy.

#46 Posted by AllStarSuperman (38613 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#47 Posted by rogueshadow (22479 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

Mindy's much faster then him, she could still outright dodge the arrow. If Clint did manage to hit the ground near her, she'd still survive it, as she as somehow taken a grenade unharmed, and she did it in regular clothes.

No Caption Provided

The only trick arrow that's really any sort of game changer, was that machine gun arrow from the first Avengers movie. Even then, that could be avoided, considering how she dodged direct machine gunfire while on top of that van in KA2.

Clint on the other hand, isn't a bullet timer, and he was fatally tagged at the beginning of Age of Ultron. He also had absolutely no reaction time against Quicksilver, who again, wasn't that fast, and died by bullets.

• I'm not saying he's a bullet-timer, but Clint was only tagged by the laser turret because he was distracted by Quicksilver, it's not a mark against his speed.
  • Quicksilver was carrying a child and was hit by rounds from a Quinjet. I've read in the past that, real life fighter jet rounds move at about mach 3 and up. Quicksilver could perceive handgun rounds and Ultron's blasts in slow-motion, even Cap was a borderline statue to him.
  • Hit-Girl definitely has the better reaction times and can dodge his arrows, but I am not convinced she will tag him off the bat, he generally displayed high tactical acuity and truly insane spatial awareness over the course of the films, with the cover available here, I think that is a major factor. On the flip side, I'm not sure how Mindy is supposed to deal with something like this:
No Caption Provided

Or this:

No Caption Provided

Without a least getting knocked off her feet and disoriented, leaving her vulnerable to an electric arrow while she regains herself. Basically, the only reason I think Clint wins is because he doesn't have to tag her with an arrow win, which Mindy wouldn't even know in a random encounter.

Clint won't be using any lethal moves on a teenage girl though, which is a disadvantage.

#48 Posted by AlphaQ (4512 posts) - - Show Bio

If Hawkeye is willing to hurt a little girl, he wins. But to be fair, unlike Black Panther, Mindy will be shooting back. Mindy can keep shooting and dodge arrows, Hawkeye can't keep shooting and dodge bullets.

#49 Edited by ANTHP2000 (6555 posts) - - Show Bio

Hit girl

#50 Posted by RBT (12591 posts) - - Show Bio

Mindy