#1 Posted by Lantern Prime (12987 posts) - - Show Bio

Who wins

#2 Posted by King Saturn (222996 posts) - - Show Bio
Lantern Prime said:
"Who wins"
Which Highlander ? Duncan MacLeod or Connor MacLeod ?
#3 Posted by Lantern Prime (12987 posts) - - Show Bio

Connor

#4 Posted by Braise (1306 posts) - - Show Bio

What are some of Highlander's feats?

#5 Posted by Andferne (38281 posts) - - Show Bio
Braise said:
"What are some of Highlander's feats?"
He is a renowned swordsman who can only die by severing his head. Has had decades or centuries to perfect his style.
#6 Posted by Static Shock (53032 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's Methos when you need him?

#7 Posted by King Saturn (222996 posts) - - Show Bio
Afro Samurai would kill Connor or Duncan MacLeod. Afro Samurai is much faster with his blade than Connor or Duncan... and even though both Duncan and Connor have the experience over Afro Samurai... some of the things Afro done in terms of speed feats and agility feats rivals Spider-Man... and Duncan and Connor cant move like that...
#8 Posted by Andferne (38281 posts) - - Show Bio

I think even if Afro can beat him, he has no way of knowing how to kill him. So even if he stabs him and goes to leave Connor can get up shortly after and continue the fight. Sooner or later he would get the strike needed to defeat Afro for good.

#9 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1508 posts) - - Show Bio
Andferne said:
"I think even if Afro can beat him, he has no way of knowing how to kill him. So even if he stabs him and goes to leave Connor can get up shortly after and continue the fight. Sooner or later he would get the strike needed to defeat Afro for good."
I don't think that would be possible, its just that the difference in demonstrated abilities is huge. Afro has some ridiculous feats.
#10 Edited by King Saturn (222996 posts) - - Show Bio
Andferne said:
"I think even if Afro can beat him, he has no way of knowing how to kill him. So even if he stabs him and goes to leave Connor can get up shortly after and continue the fight. Sooner or later he would get the strike needed to defeat Afro for good."
Damn... I forgot about that. But I still think Afro's speed and reflexes are greater than what we have seen from Duncan and Connor... but in reality its sort of unfair to compare them... simply because Afro Samurai is an Anime style cartoon... which shows Afro doing almost Superhuman level agility and speed at times and they can do that much easier with Animation... compared to a live action show where the Highlanders show us great technical sword fighting... but under the veil of live action film...
#11 Posted by Static Shock (53032 posts) - - Show Bio
Andferne said:
Highlanders can only kill Highlanders, right?
#12 Posted by Andferne (38281 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Highlanders can only kill Highlanders, right?"
Nope, they just need their head severed.

Fantasma Ghost said:
"I don't think that would be possible, its just that the difference in demonstrated abilities is huge. Afro has some ridiculous feats."
He can have all the feats in the world, if he does not know how to kill Connor then sooner or later that one blow he will need strikes and it is all over.
#13 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1508 posts) - - Show Bio
Andferne said:
"Static Shock said:
"Highlanders can only kill Highlanders, right?"
Nope, they just need their head severed.

Fantasma Ghost said:
"I don't think that would be possible, its just that the difference in demonstrated abilities is huge. Afro has some ridiculous feats."
He can have all the feats in the world, if he does not know how to kill Connor then sooner or later that one blow he will need strikes and it is all over."
That's just it, his reaction times, speed and reflexes are clearly in superhuman levels, and any of the Highlanders have shown that. He has no way of tagging Afro.
#14 Posted by King Saturn (222996 posts) - - Show Bio
I guess the hope is that Afro wont go for the Head Shot on Connor from the start... but I think Afro would cut Connor's head off before Connor could draw the fatal blow on Afro...
#15 Posted by Andferne (38281 posts) - - Show Bio
Fantasma Ghost said:
"That's just it, his reaction times, speed and reflexes are clearly in superhuman levels, and any of the Highlanders have shown that. He has no way of tagging Afro."
Because no one without superhuman qualities has ever tagged someone with them before? There are countless times in comics where people hit someone they should never be able to. There is also a major factor of Luck, and especially when you are dealing with a Blade all it takes is one lucky strike and games over. Connor has more than just luck on his side, he has immortality, and swordsmanship.

Now I don't know Afro's level of competence in sword play, but from what I do know it is not on Connors level as he has trained in countless styles for a very, very long time.
#16 Posted by OgreMan (366 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Afro.

#17 Posted by gunswordfist (2690 posts) - - Show Bio

Afro wins here. He cuts apart robots for breakfast. Highlander's 'immortality' advantage would not matter at all.

#18 Posted by OgreMan (366 posts) - - Show Bio
gunswordfist said:
"Afro wins here. He cuts apart robots for breakfast. Highlander's 'immortality' advantage would not matter at all."

Agreed
#19 Posted by King Saturn (222996 posts) - - Show Bio
Afro Samurai wins...
#20 Posted by gunswordfist (2690 posts) - - Show Bio
OgreMan said:
"gunswordfist said:
"Afro wins here. He cuts apart robots for breakfast. Highlander's 'immortality' advantage would not matter at all."
Agreed"

Damn straight motherf*****!
#21 Posted by Triumphant (2578 posts) - - Show Bio

Afro ftw

#22 Posted by Graymalkin (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Afro with ease

#23 Posted by Lantern Prime (12987 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what... Im gonna look up te abilities of the Highlanders.....

#24 Posted by Sparda (15794 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Damn... I forgot about that. But I still think Afro's speed and reflexes are greater than what we have seen from Duncan and Connor... but in reality its sort of unfair to compare them... simply because Afro Samurai is an Anime style cartoon... which shows Afro doing almost Superhuman level agility and speed at times and they can do that much easier with Animation... compared to a live action show where the Highlanders show us great technical sword fighting... but under the veil of live action film... "
There is a Highlander anime movie. I haven't watched it, but maybe there's some good feats in there.....
#25 Posted by Lantern Prime (12987 posts) - - Show Bio

Afro is way faste than Spiderman

#26 Posted by King Saturn (222996 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"King Saturn said:
"Damn... I forgot about that. But I still think Afro's speed and reflexes are greater than what we have seen from Duncan and Connor... but in reality its sort of unfair to compare them... simply because Afro Samurai is an Anime style cartoon... which shows Afro doing almost Superhuman level agility and speed at times and they can do that much easier with Animation... compared to a live action show where the Highlanders show us great technical sword fighting... but under the veil of live action film... "
There is a Highlander anime movie. I haven't watched it, but maybe there's some good feats in there....."
Really ?  Wow... I gotta check it out

Lantern Prime said:
"Afro is way faste than Spiderman"
Maybe he is... but thats almost a moot point... cause we both know there is nothing superhuman about the agility and speed of Duncan and Connor MacLeod... they are just exceptional Sword Fighting Immortals...

#27 Posted by DJ Diesel (1596 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you guys even WATCH Afro Samurai? He cuts bullets in half, defelcts about 100 crossbow bolts, cuts rockets and when he offs someone he's VERY thorough. Thsi nonsense about not killing the highlander because he'd STAB him. The vast majority of guys Afro knocks off he cuts them in half, often from shoudler to armpit, same as beheading if you ask me, besides, let the highlander come back ANY OF THEM, they'll get dealt with AGAIN, dealt with quick.