• Genesis LS/Post-Crisis/New 52 Highfather
  • 616 Mangog
  • Standard Gear/Equipment
  • Determined to win at all costs
  • Takes place in New Genesis
  • Both combatants start 500 feet apart from each other
  • Win by any means

Callouts:

I know Izaya doesnt really have many feats as Odin does. I just wanted to see how he fares against Mangog here.

Avatar image for korbnitewarrior
KorbniteWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By KorbniteWarrior

Mangog after a decent fight.

DocNugget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Highfather Darkseid level? Mangog stomps.

Avatar image for xantimobiusgodx
xAntiMobiusGodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manhog

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Highfather would move His world away like darskied did when Doomsday was near. Mangog Would rip him apart

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

They are traditionally equals to the other, yes. Doesn't really help Highfather much here.

Avatar image for x_superkal-el_x
X_SuperKal-El_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since when has Mangog been stomping Darkseid level threats? He isnt that powerful. He aint stomping nothing here.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mangog. The beast has given the old man Odin hell in the past. No reason why an inferior skyfather would be able to take him down

Bx_Dawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Highfather

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luzifer_Ztari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Highfather drops him on the sun.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@x_superkal-el_x said:
@docnugget said:

Since when has Mangog been stomping Darkseid level threats? He isnt that powerful. He aint stomping nothing here.

He manhandled the Destroyer fairly effectively for himself. Not sure about the "Darkseid level" threat given he's been beaten by Sups fairly consistently all the way up to a few months ago in Rebirth.

SirDragonFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mangog appears to have far better feats. He stomps

Avatar image for x_superkal-el_x
X_SuperKal-El_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_superkal-el_x said:
@docnugget said:

He manhandled the Destroyer fairly effectively for himself. Not sure about the "Darkseid level" threat given he's been beaten by Sups fairly consistently all the way up to a few months ago in Rebirth.

But wasnt that only because Freya was controlling the armor? Or not? Had it been Odin or someone with greater power, im sure the armor would have topped him. Nothing wrong with losing to Kal since he too himself has fought guys like Mangog in the past. Doomsday would make a good point. Thor has made Mangog work for it. He has never truly destroyed Thor in any encounter. Recently in Jason Aaron's he lost to Jane Thor. I guess the inconsistencies are there for him too. But as for Darkseid getting beat up by Kal or not, I believe that Highfather is still stronger than Superman and he def has the hax to beat Mangog. Plus since this is in New Genesis, Izaya can just gather all the New Gods and team up against Mangog. It wouldnt be a walk trough for him like he did in Asgard.

DocNugget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DocNugget
@x_superkal-el_x said:
@docnugget said:

Since "Darkseid level" is nothing impressive. "Darkseid level" is also known as "getting regularly stomped by Superman, getting destroyed by Doomsday, getting his heart ripped out by Orion, getting fisted by Black Adam, getting nearly shoveled to death by a random Green Lantern, getting stalemated by Wonder Woman, struggling with Power Girl and being consistently called Mongul/Orion/Superman tier" level. And that's not mentioning how the massively amped "True Form Darkseid" was struggling with Asmodeus (whose best feat is wrestling evenly with Superman Blue) or struggling with President Superman. Thor would beat the shit out of Darkseid and Mangog treats Thor like his punching bag.

DocNugget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmoman said:
@byondeon said:

Bold of you calling high-father a skyfather level being.

Yeah, but Celestial ranking is a bit much dont you think? High-Skyfather is fine~

Planetary even with 2
Planetary even with 2 "Skyfathers" helping him
No Caption Provided

Good thing this is still billions of times better than Darkseid, who was never even at 10 square mile busting level before he was amped by Source.

DocNugget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmoman:

Have you noticed you cant actually list an impressive Mangog feat/High-Father antifeat and rely soley on scaling? I wonder why.

Oh, but I can!

Island falling with the force of 100 teratons would have killed all New Gods (including Highfather) and Lanterns if not for Hal being boosted to 300% and having the help of other lanterns to stop it.

Mangog was unaffected by weapons that could shred the core of a star.

No Caption Provided

Still want to argue quantifiable feats? Because I'd rather stick to scaling which is 10 times less inconsistent than clearcut feats are.

DocNugget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DocNugget

@cosmoman:

Highfather isn't Darkseid

He is his equal in every way that matters.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Try this on for size:

Worthless hyperbole. Colour me impressed!

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@x_superkal-el_x said:
@docnugget said:

But wasnt that only because Freya was controlling the armor? Or not? Had it been Odin or someone with greater power, im sure the armor would have topped him

Host controlling doesn't actually play much of a actual effect on power levels. Regular morals like a regular army general, a archaeologist and Jane Foster have used the Destroyer Armor just as well as other Asgardian hosts. The only difference is with Odin, who was the intended host of the Armor in the first place (alongside numerous other amps like the Odinsword, the Eternal Uni-Mind and whatnot). Even then, Loki-inhabiting the Armor was still capable of killing Odin stone-dead, so there's not really a disparity between hosts.

Nothing wrong with losing to Kal since he too himself has fought guys like Mangog in the past

I don't recall anyone who was as potent as Mangog Sups beating.

Doomsday would make a good point

Doomsday has never been as strong as Mangog beyond Hunter/Prey, which Sups openly conceded defeat despite using numerous other weapons including a Mother Box and other gear to try to get a lead. Doomsday Rex, N52 were all MASSIVELY weaker than that version.

Thor has made Mangog work for it. He has never truly destroyed Thor in any encounter

This is just plain untrue. Thor has been stopped by Mangog a good few times and would've been eaten in one in particular if not for Mangog being told to step aside.

Recently in Jason Aaron's he lost to Jane Thor

....after he'd wrecked the Destroyer, the entire Asgardian army, was stated to be indestructible to star busting weapons, etc. Jane Thor won by just sending him into the sun.

I guess the inconsistencies are there for him too

I can't think of any true inconsistencies for Mangog beyond him brawling with 70's Thing and Fin Fang Foom evenly in a Deadpool comic, and power levels are generally all messed up in those anyway lol.

But as for Darkseid getting beat up by Kal or not, I believe that Highfather is still stronger than Superman and he def has the hax to beat Mangog

How can Highfather be stronger than Sups if he's struggling to handle someone Sups has already beaten fair and square?

Plus since this is in New Genesis, Izaya can just gather all the New Gods and team up against Mangog. It wouldnt be a walk trough for him like he did in Asgard

I would imagine this wasn't a imagined option for the OP, otherwise this wouldn't even be a reasonable match at all.

SirDragonFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SirDragonFly
@cosmoman said:

Highfather isn't Darkseid, nice Scapegoat. Try this on for size:

Even his voice shakes the universe
Even his voice shakes the universe

Mangog is still > Highfather based on this feat.

When Mangog speaks, the universe itself shakes.

Shaking the universe by speaking > shaking the universe by howling.

No Caption Provided
DocNugget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmoman said:
@docnugget said:

Mangog was unaffected by weapons that could shred the core of a star.

Still want to argue quantifiable feats? Because I'd rather stick to scaling which is 10 times less inconsistent than clearcut feats are.

And yet Mangog was burned by the sun.

And had his teeth knocked out by War Thor

Sun incinerated the body of a being that could no sell Superman, Power Girl, Superboy, Guy Gardner and Bloodwynd bullrushing its eyeball at the same time.

Which makes said being massively more durable than Highfather who has been stunned by a slap from just Orion alone.

Not to mention that Darkseid, Hoghfather's equal, has been hurt and even beaten by hits from Superman, Superboy and Green Lanterns before as well.

Getting his teeth knocked out by War Thor is bad why? War Thor is at least a proper powerhouse. Darkseid has been bleeding from a punch from Jessica Cruz who was at 4% power.

DocNugget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DocNugget
@cosmoman said:
@docnugget said:

He is his equal in every way that matters.

Try this on for size:

Colour me impressed!

Darkseid feats are Darkseids, Nice try

No sells universal reality warping
No sells universal reality warping
Swats away the Guardians
Swats away the Guardians

Based on your babble, impressing you inst hard to do

Yeah, and Darkseid is Highfather's equal. Maybe even his better. So Darkseid's Ls are Highfathers by proxy!

>No sells universal reality warping

Epic fanfiction bro. Too bad this wasn't what was happening.

>Swats away the Guardians

Templar Guardians who have been shitstomped by Cyborg Superman and have no impressive feats whatsoever. And Highfather didn't "swat them away", all he did was BFR them with a Boom Tube. Of course you wouldn't mention that, cosmojobber.

No Caption Provided

Mangog still rips Highfather's head off and shits down his throat. Even Thor can beat either him or Darkseid. Cry about it.

SirDragonFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmoman said:
@sirdragonfly said:
Orion feels the universe shake
Orion feels the universe shake
Mangog claims he can (no proof)
Mangog claims he can (no proof)

Damaging a Multiverse shaking bad guy >>> universal shaking

They cause and shrug off events that shakes the Multiverse
Highfather damages one
Highfather damages one

That's like saying that if my voice echoes across the street or a cave, then I am shaking it. Creating echo =/= shaking.

Would you say then that it's fair to put Mangog above Hulk? Hulk has shaken infinite dimensions so Mangog is multiversal. Odin has ripped at the fabric of the multiverse yet was afraid of Mangog...

SirDragonFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SirDragonFly
@cosmoman said:
@sirdragonfly said:
@cosmoman said:

Damaging a Multiverse shaking bad guy >>> universal shaking

Highfather damages one
Highfather damages one

That's like saying that if my voice echoes across the street or a cave, then I am shaking it. Creating echo =/= shaking.

Would you say then that it's fair to put Mangog above Hulk? Hulk has shaken infinite dimensions

Bad example, there is no sound in space so it wasn't an echo. Reverberations is what it speaks of, felt throughout the entire Multiverse.

Hulk was on a crossroad that specifically was infinite, it never shook even 1 dimension in its entirety. Odin ripped the whole of the Multiverse? Or only a section?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It literally says "reverberations echo". Both are literally directly caused by sound. It's not my problem that the writer thought that sound can echo in space. Facts >>> your feelings

That's just excuses and assumptions. Both feats contain the words "infinite dimensions" and "multiverse". In your opinion, if they were mentioned then it's automatically a multiversal feat, and the rest of the context needs to be ignored. Why go back on your ideology now? Also, by your logic I should be also asking, in your scan, did these guys create an echo across the whole multiverse or only a section?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@professorrespect: @docnugget:

Doc and Prof: Thor defeated Mangog in Jurgen’ run, albeit in round two and using an internal attack, but Mangog landed many hits on Thor before the cape hanging and was even hurt by Mjolnir strikes to the outside if his grunts were any indication.

Prof: weren’t you the one arguing for Dr. Doom assisting the Sinister Six against Darkseid due to location?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: He’s head of a pantheon of deities and male. That’s the definition of Skyfather which is a title and not a power level.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doc and Prof: Thor defeated Mangog in Jurgen’ run, albeit in round two and using an internal attack, but Mangog landed many hits on Thor before the cape hanging and was even hurt by Mjolnir strikes to the outside if his grunts were any indication.

Prof: weren’t you the one arguing for Dr. Doom assisting the Sinister Six against Darkseid due to location?

I don't think me saying that them being in Latveria with prep available consulting with Doom is the same as Highfather dumping every single New God on Mangog, because that would make it a overt mismatch just from numbers alone.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirdragonfly: Highfather has ripped the fabric of the cosmos with his staff

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: correct me if I’m wrong but didnt you suggest Doom would lend the Six aid in the form of technology?

the thread title was the Sinister Six vs. Darkseid. While neither of us are OPs in these threads, this one doesn’t even disallow outside interference so the other New Geneseans are going to stand around idly? You can’t have it both ways, and it’s clear who you favor at this point

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@tifalockhart said:

@professorrespect: correct me if I’m wrong but didnt you suggest Doom would lend the Six aid in the form of technology?

the thread title was the Sinister Six vs. Darkseid. While neither of us are OPs in these threads, this one doesn’t even disallow outside interference so the other New Geneseans are going to stand around idly? You can’t have it both ways, and it’s clear who you favor at this point

I stated that Doom would help them given the danger and the fact that Doom's worked with them in the past usually to get something out of it later.

I'm not sure if this is yet another cry of bias (despite the obvious record of researching both sides for great feats so that always falls flat anyway) but as I said in the prior post, having one guy help in a thread that gave the crew prep, access to non-standard gear and a whole day of unrestricted time to do what they wanted isn't the same as having Highfather in a random match dumping 100's of New Gods (not including weaponry, guys like Infinity Man, the Royal Guard, The Councils, the Monitors, etc etc) and making the thread a overt (lockable) mismatch.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: and I’ve read Preacher in its entirety so I’m not sure How you being well-read means you can’t be biased despite you going on record as calling Etrigan hot trash.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: and I’ve read Preacher in its entirety so I’m not sure How you being well-read means you can’t be biased despite you going on record as calling Etrigan hot trash.

He's super inconsistent and tends to flip flop between scrapping with Sups and then struggling with way less. Him in N52 doesn't get much better given from what I've read of him, maybe it's just his crossovers that tend to suffer from that through.

SirDragonFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SirDragonFly
@tifalockhart said:

@sirdragonfly: Highfather has ripped the fabric of the cosmos with his staff

which can be interpreted as a universe, not multiverse

I'd like to see Highfather bust a star or a galaxy at the very least before he can be put against someone like Odin

Odin blinks Mangog but he is still afraid of him tho

DocNugget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DocNugget
@tifalockhart said:

Thor was amped to hell and back when that happened. He was wearing the belt of power, which increases his strength twofold, and wielding gauntlets and a shield infused with Odinforce. The fact that he beat an amped Thanos clone as well shows that perfectly.

No Caption Provided

Mangog was literally about to eat Thor before he had all those amps.

This is what happens when an a guy with Thor lvl powers but without amps tries to blast Mangog's insides.

Mangog is considerably stronger than Thor, Thor being capable of dealing slight damage and not folding after one hit doesn't change that. Comic powerhouses, especially heroic once, have a tendency of hurting/taking some hits from opponents more powerful than them.

Highfather has ripped the fabric of the cosmos with his staff

Spacetime ripping feats are unquantifiable. And if you want to go that route, Thor poked a hole in spacetime with a finger once.

DocNugget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmoman:

@cosmoman said:
@docnugget said:
Not highfather
Orion >>> fodder sword

GoofyNugget continues to post Darkseid Anti-feats when speaking on High-father. Surprise Surprise, I guess I should Shitpost Unrelated Odin fails:

Behold, the All-Fodder~
Behold, the All-Fodder~

Mangog, the touchable:

Sun level and stabbed by Foddee

All-Fodder vs Mangog battle of the losers

Odin is OP
Odin is OP

Good to know your "debating" hasn't gotten any better. Let's see...

1. Odin was weakened at the time to ~Thor level.

2. Every single one of these attacks would hurt Highfather even more seeing how he was stunned by a mere slap from Orion.

3. Nice picture for ants, dipstick. Too bad Odin was weakened in that instance as well.

And maybe Highfather can use the omega beam!! Nice job, Altbabbler!

Who mentioned Omega beams when all that's been talked about was Darkseid's and Highfather's respective physicals, which are equal? But if you want to bring up Omega Beams, which are more powerful than Darkseid's and Highfather's physicals, let's not forget that they are sub 10 square mile busting level, just like any other attack Darkseid has.

No Caption Provided

Who have survived Black holes, something Mangog could never do. Cry some more~

Surviving black holes is impressive why? Superman did that too and it didn't stop Thor from giving him such a hard fight he could barely stand afterwards and admitted Thor was the strongest opponent he ever fought (which makes him superior to Darkseid and Orion too btw). In fact, he admitted that he only barely beat Thor.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And seeing how Superman is superior than either Darkseid or Highfather, judging by how he beats Darkseid's ass every day of the week, while Thor is considerably inferior to Mangog... Doesn't look good for New God jobbers.

So nice try, cosmoboy, but you're still trash, just like the characters you choose to wank. Reminds me of that hilarious Probe vs Destroyer thread of yours where half of CV's population ran a train on you. Now that was hilarious.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tifalockhart: Skyfather is a title, that does not exists for DC characters.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docnugget: incorrect. Fire lord wouldn’t return with the belt and shield until pages later. I own a copy of issue 25.

you could argue that Thor had the Odinforce, but considering Odin was having a conversation with Firelord telling him to bring Thor the goods after Mangog was KOd, I doubt that