Highfather Izaya vs Darkseid

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MrDirector786

It's a surprise this battle hasn't actually been done yet, well at least according to my search. I don't know of any instance in which they actually fought, but if they did who would ultimately come out on top? The conditions for this battle are as follows: Darkseid has invaded New Genesis and Highfather himself decides to take on Darkseid. Both are willing to kill the other if necessary. The fight takes place in Supertown and no one else can interfere in the battle. So who comes out on top of this fight?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By demifiend

IZAYA takes this. IZAYA=YUGA KHAN    YUGA KHAN>>>> DARKSEID

Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Cypher's Gambit

Darkseid fails once again.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrDirector786
@demifiend said:
" IZAYA takes this. IZAYA=YUGA KHAN    YUGA KHAN>>>> DARKSEID "
I don't know if Yuga Khan is actually more powerful than Darkseid. Darkseid was only powerless against Yuga Khan because he was his father and the New Gods are not allowed to kill their own parents. Darkseid once told Orion to try to kill him if he wanted to but for some reason he couldn't bring himself to do it and Darkseid killed his mother by having Desaad poison her. It was revealed that New Gods could not kill their parents because they are supposed to be above doing such a thing so lowly.
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By PowerHerc

This fight could go either way, but I want Highfather to win.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FinalStar86

Izaya

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrDirector786 said:
" @demifiend said:
I don't know if Yuga Khan is actually more powerful than Darkseid. Darkseid was only powerless against Yuga Khan because he was his father and the New Gods are not allowed to kill their own parents. Darkseid once told Orion to try to kill him if he wanted to but for some reason he couldn't bring himself to do it and Darkseid killed his mother by having Desaad poison her. It was revealed that New Gods could not kill their parents because they are supposed to be above doing such a thing so lowly. "
...orion tore Darkseid's heart out.
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OmegaDynasty

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Well the Spectre couldn't put Darskeid down. 
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrDirector786
@the human Juggernaut said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @demifiend said:
I don't know if Yuga Khan is actually more powerful than Darkseid. Darkseid was only powerless against Yuga Khan because he was his father and the New Gods are not allowed to kill their own parents. Darkseid once told Orion to try to kill him if he wanted to but for some reason he couldn't bring himself to do it and Darkseid killed his mother by having Desaad poison her. It was revealed that New Gods could not kill their parents because they are supposed to be above doing such a thing so lowly. "
...orion tore Darkseid's heart out. "
That was because Orion was destined to kill Darkseid. In an earlier story, Orion couldn't bring himself to kill him and a few times Darkseid only let Orion kill him for some purpose of his own. When Yuga Khan was released from his prison, Orion couldn't bring himself to kill Darkseid because he was his father and Darkseid couldn't kill Yuga Khan because he was his father.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ssejllenrad

I love DS but he losses this. Not a stomp though.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Freefa11

Regardless of if they can't "kill" their parents (which sounds like rubbish; killing his mother is too "lowly" for Darkseid, but killing scores of innocent people, brainwashing children, and generally causing needless pain, suffering, and despair on a planetary scale is all hunky-dory? Riiiiight), that doesn't mean they can't fight them. Orion has fought Darkseid plenty of times with no problems at all. Darkseid couldn't even mount any kind of effective resistance against Yuga Khan at all. He was completely and utterly crushed with virtually no effort on the part of his father. 

Of course, Yuga Khan has not been mentioned, so far as I know, since his one brief outing, so it seems like he's been quietly retconned, and was basically just a plot device. 

Anyway, I'm not sure that Azaya is supposed to be Yuga Khan's equal. Yuga Khan tore up the entire New Genesis army by himself, yet it seems whenever all out war occurs between them and Apokalips, Darkseid wins or at least does very well. Azaya actually seems rather impotent, considering his station. I think he is too old and too passive to really put up a good fight against someone of Darkseid's calibre.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrDirector786
@Freefa11 said:
" Regardless of if they can't "kill" their parents (which sounds like rubbish; killing his mother is too "lowly" for Darkseid, but killing scores of innocent people, brainwashing children, and generally causing needless pain, suffering, and despair on a planetary scale is all hunky-dory? Riiiiight), that doesn't mean they can't fight them. Orion has fought Darkseid plenty of times with no problems at all. Darkseid couldn't even mount any kind of effective resistance against Yuga Khan at all. He was completely and utterly crushed with virtually no effort on the part of his father.  Of course, Yuga Khan has not been mentioned, so far as I know, since his one brief outing, so it seems like he's been quietly retconned, and was basically just a plot device.  Anyway, I'm not sure that Azaya is supposed to be Yuga Khan's equal. Yuga Khan tore up the entire New Genesis army by himself, yet it seems whenever all out war occurs between them and Apokalips, Darkseid wins or at least does very well. Izaya actually seems rather impotent, considering his station. I think he is too old and too passive to really put up a good fight against someone of Darkseid's calibre. "
Darkseid was only powerless against Yuga Khan because Yuga Khan was his father and the New Gods can't kill their own parents. And Orion may be about even with Darkseid physically but many times Darkseid only lets Orion beat him because of his own motives. Like he once let Orion kill him when they were in the source wall because committing a terrible act like patricide in the source tainted it and so tainted the whole universe which was Darkseid's whole intention, though Darkseid later revived himself.  But yes, they can fight their parents. Orion attacked Darkseid but when he did it once with the intention of killing him, he couldn't bring himself to do it. Darkseid had to kill his mother through Desaad because he himself couldn't kill her. Though I do agree that it is kind of stupid how they can't kill their own parents when the Apokoliptian Gods kill hundreds of innocents all the time. Orion was only able to kill Darkseid in Countdown because he was destined to kill him and this was stated quite a few times.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrDirector786

Can I get an explanation as to why Izaya would win? It's just that I haven't seen a whole lot of showings from him and the biggest thing I remember seeing him do was unite New Genesis and Apokolips into a single planet.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By AtPhantom

I'd go for a stalemate considering they were supposed to be each other's opposite. We certainly don't have enough evidence in feats for Izaya to say he's above or bellow. 

On a side note, I always thought that whole "you can't kill you father thing" to be bloody stupid. They wanted to introduce Yuga Khan, but have Darkseid loose his face.. Which happened anyway. It was an exercise in bad writing.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrDirector786
@AtPhantom said:
" I'd go for a stalemate considering they were supposed to be each other's opposite. We certainly don't have enough evidence in feats for Izaya to say he's above or bellow.   On a side note, I always thought that whole "you can't kill you father thing" to be bloody stupid. They wanted to introduce Yuga Khan, but have Darkseid loose his face.. Which happened anyway. It was an exercise in bad writing. "
Yeah, the whole "can't kill parents" was pretty stupid seeing as how Darkseid kills millions of innocents and destroys the Gods of other worlds but somehow can't kill his mother or father because doing so would be below him which doesn't make any sense considering the things he does.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AtPhantom

It's not the fact that killing his father would have repercussions. He is physically incapable of attacking his father. The minute Yuga Khan walked into the room, Darkseid was robbed of power to do anything about him. Orion is different because he could actually physically stand against his father.

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By kheranlord12
@MrDirector786 said:
" @Freefa11 said:
" Regardless of if they can't "kill" their parents (which sounds like rubbish; killing his mother is too "lowly" for Darkseid, but killing scores of innocent people, brainwashing children, and generally causing needless pain, suffering, and despair on a planetary scale is all hunky-dory? Riiiiight), that doesn't mean they can't fight them. Orion has fought Darkseid plenty of times with no problems at all. Darkseid couldn't even mount any kind of effective resistance against Yuga Khan at all. He was completely and utterly crushed with virtually no effort on the part of his father.  Of course, Yuga Khan has not been mentioned, so far as I know, since his one brief outing, so it seems like he's been quietly retconned, and was basically just a plot device.  Anyway, I'm not sure that Azaya is supposed to be Yuga Khan's equal. Yuga Khan tore up the entire New Genesis army by himself, yet it seems whenever all out war occurs between them and Apokalips, Darkseid wins or at least does very well. Izaya actually seems rather impotent, considering his station. I think he is too old and too passive to really put up a good fight against someone of Darkseid's calibre. "
Darkseid was only powerless against Yuga Khan because Yuga Khan was his father and the New Gods can't kill their own parents. And Orion may be about even with Darkseid physically but many times Darkseid only lets Orion beat him because of his own motives. Like he once let Orion kill him when they were in the source wall because committing a terrible act like patricide in the source tainted it and so tainted the whole universe which was Darkseid's whole intention, though Darkseid later revived himself.  But yes, they can fight their parents. Orion attacked Darkseid but when he did it once with the intention of killing him, he couldn't bring himself to do it. Darkseid had to kill his mother through Desaad because he himself couldn't kill her. Though I do agree that it is kind of stupid how they can't kill their own parents when the Apokoliptian Gods kill hundreds of innocents all the time. Orion was only able to kill Darkseid in Countdown because he was destined to kill him and this was stated quite a few times. "

Darkseid could not kill his mother because he still had a spark of  denceny in him that one of the reason he had Tigra locked away in section zero because she has seen Darkseid sensitivity. You have to understand that part of the motive was revenge not just power because his mother ordered the death of his first wife Suli the only woman he ever loved (she made good). Desaad is a low life he is willing to whatever it takes to get the job done that why Darkseid keep him around.
tenavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tenavis

If Izaya was younger, he'd have a real shot. 

As it is, I think Darkseid would take this.

itheone123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I get an explanation as to why Izaya would win? It's just that I haven't seen a whole lot of showings from him and the biggest thing I remember seeing him do was unite New Genesis and Apokolips into a single planet.

Highfather's biggest feat is getting killed by Ares. -_-

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Darkseid.

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By OOCMikey

Bump.

This needs to be resolved ASAP.

Why would Highfather win? why? WHY?! We know he's strong, and is connected to the source wall, but how exactly is the source vs the omega effect a match up?!

mukurorokudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mukurorokudo:

I just want to know if there is any info out there that would aid in knowing that Highfather would win. Green Lantern comic, Sinestro Comic, even injustice comic gives me little to no insight.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They fought. It was a draw.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lore wise there suppose to be even, a power shift always messes things up

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadspiderbat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demifiend said:

" IZAYA takes this. IZAYA=YUGA KHAN YUGA KHAN>>>> DARKSEID "

I don't know if Yuga Khan is actually more powerful than Darkseid. Darkseid was only powerless against Yuga Khan because he was his father and the New Gods are not allowed to kill their own parents. Darkseid once told Orion to try to kill him if he wanted to but for some reason he couldn't bring himself to do it and Darkseid killed his mother by having Desaad poison her. It was revealed that New Gods could not kill their parents because they are supposed to be above doing such a thing so lowly.

Yuga Khan is the most powerful New God. He destroyed the entire New Genesis military and ate a planet in seconds, making Galactus look like an armature.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Izaya doesn't have any real feats in many ways to suggest he could hang with Darkseid. Is he powerful? Sure. But I think Darkseid would do him in based on his showings

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oocmikey: Sorry for the super late reply. IIRC it was during Evanier's run of New gods.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure that most if not all fight between Darkseid and Izaya end on a stalemate, even on the New 52.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, to address the replies to the thread in general:

what do we know about Highfather?

1. The Alpha Bullets are practically identical to the Omega Beams. If anything Izaya should have the advantage as there are five of them to two Omega Beams.

2. Neither faction, Apokolips or New Genesis, has the clear advantage over the other. If they did, the war would be over by now.

3. He got slapped by Yuga Khan and didn't stop him, implying that Yuga Khan is the strongest New god, or at least the most powerful despite what a statement from the guide says about Highfather being the strongest New god.

4. He is not entirely featless, having literally killed Steppenwolf and stalemated Darkseid.

Personally, I'd say this could go either way.

OOCMikeyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I just saw the Alpha Bullets feat in the comic two days ago, it pulled five people from another period of time and brought them back to New Genesis. I have the scan, it doesn't seem like they can kill things like the Omega Beams.

Other than that, I think we should take into account what Takion could do as a Source Avatar.

I think if Highfather could do half of what Takion could do, he should be able to take Darkseid.

Lastly, question, did Highfather give Orion the Astro Force?

OOCMikeyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oocmikeyy: Highfather had nothing to do with the Astro-Force. That is Orion's birthright.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, to address the replies to the thread in general:

what do we know about Highfather?

1. The Alpha Bullets are practically identical to the Omega Beams. If anything Izaya should have the advantage as there are five of them to two Omega Beams.

2. Neither faction, Apokolips or New Genesis, has the clear advantage over the other. If they did, the war would be over by now.

3. He got slapped by Yuga Khan and didn't stop him, implying that Yuga Khan is the strongest New god, or at least the most powerful despite what a statement from the guide says about Highfather being the strongest New god.

4. He is not entirely featless, having literally killed Steppenwolf and stalemated Darkseid.

Personally, I'd say this could go either way.

Isn't NG pacifistic and indifferent for the most part? I mean aside from certain instances and the N52

OOCMikeyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tifalockhart:

Can I get you some sources that says otherwise.

Not that Highfather supplies the Astro Force, but that Highfather is the reason Orion is able to conjure the Astro Force from the Source.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oocmikeyy: I could be wrong. I don't own every New gods appearance.

@nerevarine_11: They used to fight before the pact. And New Genesis trains during peace.

OOCMikeyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tifalockhart: lol I look at you like the expert though due to you always posting about them.

I had no knowledge of Alpha Bullets until this thread, I also have a Highfather respect thread.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oocmikeyy: I try and I don't make stuff up (though I might interpret it wrong). Kirby's stuff is still really good.

I've always had an interest in the Fourth World so I dabble but I'm far from an expert. My forte is Lobo and his related teams.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

bump.....................

mr-luxcipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate or Darkseid(due to having more combat-feats).

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate. Especially if New 52 versions are taken into account here

BabyDarkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkseid wins, effortless curbstomp

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Alpha Effect and Omega Effect have been implied to be the antithesis of each other. So even before the New 52 they should theoretically be equal to each other

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

ada_do

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers