Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#51 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17694 posts) - - Show Bio
#52 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17694 posts) - - Show Bio
#53 Posted by emperorthanos- (16391 posts) - - Show Bio
#55 Posted by Yassassin (7697 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure give me a minute .

#56 Posted by DeathHero61 (18775 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_ingenuity takes my vote, I feel his strategy was well made, and it he had a counter for literally every point that his opponent could have made. I also found his team vastly more impressive.

#57 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

I will drop a vote tonight hopefully.

#58 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17694 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: That is true. His team scared the heck out of me since R1.

#59 Posted by boschePG (6319 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_ingenuity: @major_hellstorm:

I love giving detailed reviews

My vote goes to Mr Ingenuity

Why's

• Mr Is perks was actually an extra given the TP link to go with full knowledge. Mr I I thought actually combined the two fairly well to take out Loki. I think Mr I kept giving high standards for Nate which set the tone which made to me the astral rejection just a plot point where I felt that Nate could bypass it himself, and that would be without Silver Surfer's help. It wasn't said, but the rejection of Balder from the Destroyer is a sign of force but that duo are not really TP masters. Neither is Reed Richards. Mr I was showing Onslaught propping Nate up to go along with feats
  • The whole Thanos explanation of the soul and power cosmic was good.
  • Since it was a battle of three, I also felt that Mr I used more of his characters. It turned into a Silver Surfer and Nate attack/counter against Loki. Outside of the opening, I forgot about Cyborg Superman in this battle. Darkness was a fine opening, but Mr I said it probably wouldn't work. Quasar wasnt used as much as the other two, but Mr I even stated that Quasar could take Darkness out with massive energy. That wasnt even countered. I took it as a submission due to force.
  • This is more for Mr Ingenuity - I can give you the Marvel map related to 616 and the astral plane if you want it
#60 Posted by boschePG (6319 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: you should add me to the vote list. I tend to give detailed breakdowns

#61 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: @mr_ingenuity: Its tough call, and kinda had a hard time reading through it all. Both sides played a little of the game "Here is what the character should do if I wrote the comic." instead of "here is what they shown to do via scans." Like Loki turn shit into candy, but this translate to turning a world into shade and machines. Both sides did this to some degree, but Mr I did it a bit less.

I understand if other people would vote the other way for Major for major creativity of how this could go down, I just do not argue things or see things that way. Other than this nit pick, both sides were well matched in counters. I side slightly to Mr Ingenuity for this reason.

BTW, I hate both of your opening posts. Hate the post giant list of feats. Yes, I did this years back and notorious for that shit, but past few years I only post feats as they relate to a argument than posting shit ton of feats of what they can do roughly. Since you both did this, it was again not a factor. Just something I dislike now and days to what I use to like to do. Tastes change.

#62 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17694 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: How should I make an opener then? Also Loki is only turning the spawning point into tech and shade, not the whole world.

#63 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17694 posts) - - Show Bio

@boschepg: Thanks for the vote. And yeah my team was basically useless against Ingenuity's and I didn't counter his Darkness claim because it was true, if he lights up the planet Jackie would die.

#64 Posted by boschePG (6319 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: I too hate the strength, speed, durability openings. Readers dig it though like it gives the character status. I just want to jump into fights

@boschepg: Thanks for the vote. And yeah my team was basically useless against Ingenuity's and I didn't counter his Darkness claim because it was true, if he lights up the planet Jackie would die.

I wouldn't say it was useless. The purpose of the debate isn't having the stronger team, its making the readers think you would win in a fight. You had Cyborg Superman. Again....he is a Superman level dude and I thought you forgot about him. I remember someone a long time ago PMd me about he didn't know such and such could do what I said. I said I didn't say he could do it. I said he just thought I could do such and such.

#65 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17694 posts) - - Show Bio

@boschepg: To be honest I don't think Cyborg Supes has any resistance to telepathy or the speed to outrace Nate so I didn't use him cause I couldn't think of a way to.

Although now that the debate is over, what would you have used him for in this debate? (Or what should I have done?).

#66 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm said:

@sirfizzwhizz: How should I make an opener then? Also Loki is only turning the spawning point into tech and shade, not the whole world.

Make a very quick basic intro who they are, then just make a strategy and support it with feats as needed. If you feel you have a strength advatage, state it in the opening strategy and support it then.

It should be noted, that what I like to see is not the same as other voters. Voting is a fickle beats.

#67 Edited by Major_Hellstrom (17694 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: That's kinda what I did. I just had a small feats section at the bottom.

#68 Edited by emperorthanos- (16391 posts) - - Show Bio

@boschepg said:

@emperorthanos: you should add me to the vote list. I tend to give detailed breakdowns

Thats just my list of people I tag whenever I make a tourney( I can add you that if you are interested). But I will tag you whenever I need votes on a match from now on.

#69 Posted by emperorthanos- (16391 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr_I: 3

MH:0

#70 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (14700 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: My team is morals off and there is no such thing as a morals off Nate or Norrin in comics. Which means it's kind of hard to make a convincing strategy what a character should do.

#71 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17694 posts) - - Show Bio
#72 Edited by Mr_Ingenuity (14700 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: Nope the closest thing you'll find to a morals off Norrin is one that is willing to kill. But even then he's was pushed to do so and had good reason.

#73 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: Nope the closest thing you'll find to a morals off Norrin is one that is willing to kill. But even then he's was pushed to do so and had good reason.

I would argue what they shown to done, and do it more readily than with thought of whether they should or would on the circumstance. Just going for the kill with what they shown. Just a personal nit pick for me.

#74 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (14700 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: But that isn't morals off, which nulls my perk. And yes I did show feats of incharacter Nate, and Norrin using there powers. But those get generally ignored by writers as time goes on.

Also Norrin has expressed he can think of inventive ways to kill but he just doesn't as it's too easy for him.

No Caption Provided

#75 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_ingenuity: I just dont equate morals off with out of character. If you want to argue your character will kill more often, thats fine. I just want to see feats how he has killed. Like I said, you did way better in this regard.