Rules

1. Win by Death, Incap or KO.
  2. Standard Gear.
  3. No Time Manipulation
  4. No speed steal
  5. No reality warping
  6. No Power Copying/stealing.
  7. No BFR
  8. No Summons, constructs or any other fodder stronger than 616 Bleeding Edge Iron Man. They cannot be amped either.
  9. Summons, constructs or other fodder are limited to 200
  10. Cloning is limited to 10

Voting Rules:

1. Vote for the better debater
  2. Do not vote on which character you think you will win
  3. Give reasoning to your vote.
  4. I will count the total votes
  5. If I feel a vote in unjustified or biased I will not count it.

Battle ground

Indestructible planet with no other people on it except for the fighters

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16029 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#3 Edited by blackspidey2099 (6504 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18238 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag after each post.

#5 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16029 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61 BTW you mentioned prep in your last match. But you don't have the prep perk? did I miss a change somewhere?

#6 Posted by DeathHero61 (18675 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-: I think I asked to drop one of my perks and get prep. We only get two perks right?

#7 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16029 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by DeathHero61 (18675 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Chronicplane (8817 posts) - - Show Bio

TAEP, Love seeing YGO characters being used in debates. Especially Bakura being one of my favourites.

#10 Edited by DeathHero61 (18675 posts) - - Show Bio

@chronicplane: Bakura is really cool, but I wish I had an amalgam of Bakura, Yugi and Marik, they each have a unique way of utilizing shadow powers the other doesn't. Yugi with illusions, Bakura with the soul, and Marik with the mind.

#11 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6504 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: I'm ngl, I was kinda hoping you'd be willing to go first since I know less than nothing about any of your characters.

#12 Posted by DeathHero61 (18675 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackspidey2099: There are detailed respect threads on Negi and Bakura on reddit, but if it makes you feel more comfortable, give me until thursday

#13 Posted by ANTHP2000 (25704 posts) - - Show Bio

Oooh tag me.

#14 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6504 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by DeathHero61 (18675 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackspidey2099:I want to keep this as simple as possible to avoid complicating things. This first post, will basically ease into things, then I will gradually build up to all the options my team has. This way I can keep you interested without overwhelming you with information all at once.

No Caption Provided

The Team of Psycho's and Ex-Heroes.

The main goal for prep is for us to combine our powers. With perfect teamwork and prep, this is doable.

We got a magician of insane proportions, a thief with dark magic and soul shenanigans. These guys don't seem too powerful for this tier, when you have characters like Dr. Strange, Magik, Sentry, Kaguya, Cyborg Superman, Hal Jordan, etc. etc. But they are merely pawns for the greater scheme.

With perfect teamwork, Buu will absorb Bakura and his millenium ring, and Negi and his fusion with Ialda and make himself into a hive mind of raw power. What do I mean by this? During the Buu Saga, when he was losing to Gohan he decided to make use of Piccolo's knowledge and Gotenks' raw power to gain even more power than before. Gaining their memories, knowledge and skills.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

He used the skills of the people he assimilated fairly easily too.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

It would be pretty easy for him to absorb Negi and Bakura and add on to his arsenal. With perfect teamwork, this shouldn't be an issue.

With prep we are going to make use of the immortality of both Bakura and Buu. In Bakura's case, as long as he has a portion of his soul imbued in something, whether its his milennium ring or just some random object, he can still survive.

No Caption Provided

He was more than capable of resurrecting himself, and even stated as much even when he lost his shadow game against Marik

No Caption Provided

During prep we will scatter several tiny pieces of Buu throughout the battlefield. Buu can regenerate from practically liquid or vapor.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Now that I explained the main goal. Lets talk about what everyone brings to the table in order to create this new warrior.

Buu

Buu obviously being the one absorbing everyone is the main part of the body. As you saw above he has a healing factor surpassing deadpool's casually.

His level of power is absurd, being able to destroy cities with his breath, and had to be warned not to use too much force or he would destroy the planet.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

During the Buu saga, the characters were at their peak regarding Destructive Capacity. But most characters would have to charge up in order to create a blast powerful enough to destroy a planet. Buu however literally just points and shoots.

Then he quickly sets up a blast too big and powerful for Goku or Vegeta to counter, and these guys were already far beyond Frieza who could casually destroy a planet.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

On top of that, Buu has magic. Here he telekinetically lifts up the population of an entire city, and turns them all into candy(this is an impressive TK feat ranging in the hundred thousands if not more)

Negi

Negi is a combatant who utilizes ki and magic, so he has a good compatibility with Buu. His abilities are as followed

• Telepathy, both offensive and non-offensive(thanks to his current state, he gained a telepathic power that can spread across planets, and another telepathic power that is connected to literally billions of people across the solar system)
  • Enhanced Superhuman speed
  • Enhanced Superhuman strength
  • Expert Martial Artist Skills and Expert Magician.
  • Energy/Magic Absorption.

To give a general sample, lets talk about Negi's most notable skills particular the powerset known as Magia Erebea. The ability to absorb spiritual or magical energies meant to harm an enemy and supplement the attack absorbed to one's body.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

With someone like Buu in control of this ability with the tier he operates, even Thor's lightning blasts no longer seem like a threat. Negi has used this to even match the strength of Jack Rakan. Absorbing the energy of his attack, so he could effectively trade blows with Rakan.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8

Also whatever magic he absorbs he gains the properties of said magic. Like if it was say a lightning spell, he would be able to turn himself into an actual bolt of lightning. In fact, he can turn intangible....

And Buu's regen was already powerful enough. Now it will be so absurdly fast, he'll gain a huge boost in regeneration speed, thanks to Negi who can basically heal himself at lightning speeds, and his master(who is weaker) can do the same.

The person she is fighting has lightning lvl combat speed.

I haven't even gotten into Ialda(who is a part of Negi)

Bakura is all about summoning monsters and utilizing soul shenanigans.

Bakura has a lot of abilities, but his main gimmick which is important to my strategy, is his ability to insert souls into objects. Think Big Mom from One Piece

No Caption Provided

This can be an extremely dangerous ability, easily turning people into vegetables just by stealing their souls and transferring them to things like dolls or toys.

No Caption Provided

There isn't too much of a need or desire to go into intense detail relating to Bakura's abilities seeing as I don't want to overwhelm you too much.

Battle Plan

Nothing too complicated, with all the abilities my fused character will have, it will be easy for my amalgam(I'll call it Buukagi) to simply overwhelm yours in combat. Thor isn't on Buu's level with or without the fusion, and Iron Man is a weak link. I know nothing about Kang, but from what I know of the aforementioned weak links, there isn't much you can do to match my team's power. Assuming you are coming in at standard levels you especially stand no chance. As soon as the fight starts and you guys are within sight, Buu either A)engages you in combat directly or B) bombards the planet with planet busting attacks to wipe out your team immediately.

#16 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6504 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: Nice post; I'll try to reply as soon as I can.

#17 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16029 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6504 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-: it's only been 2 days...

#19 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16029 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6504 posts) - - Show Bio

TEAM DIVINE FUTURE: Thor Odinson; Kang the Conqueror; Iron Man

No Caption Provided

Right off the bat, I'm going to have to agree with the assertion that your team outguns mine in terms of raw power, so I'll skip most of the character overview stuff and get right to the prep which is what gives my team the advantage here. I'll just quickly introduce Kang, since a lot of his abilities will be important to the prep.

Kang: Temporal Titan

Armor:

Kang's armor features a bunch of great tricks and amazing durability. It's definitely going to be very useful in the coming battle.

1 - 2: In terms of blunt force durability, Kang's armor and its built-in shields are unparalleled. They can take powerful blows from the likes of Thor and Hercules, while leaving Kang unharmed.

3 - 5: This applies to his energy durability as well. Kang's armor can tank blasts from the likes of the Silver Surfer, and even Thor himself.

6 - 9: Kang's armor also offers unparalleled offensive power. He has a glove which can make whoever it touches be buried with the weight of half a planet, weapons which can burn through Silver Surfer's skin, and even anti-matter screens that can disintegrate any earthly matter.

10: Finally, Kang's armor even possess cloaking shields which can block the acute senses of even Silver Surfer - making himself effectively undetectable.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9

Time Manipulation:

Kang's time manipulation powers are key to my strategy, so let me go through them below.

1 - 3: Kang's powers mean he can access any weapons or items that exist in the time stream, instantly summoning them to his location.

4 - 5: Kang can also use these powers to see the future.

6 - 10: Kang can view the entire timestream at his whim, and, as you can see, he can show Adam Warlock his entire past and future in just a few minutes.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10

This basically means that he can see who my team is going up against, view their entire history to see what their powers and weaknesses are, and then summon any weaponry or gear he needs to take them down.

Prep:

My team can use their prep to do a number of things. First, Kang will use his temporal mastery to look into the future and see who is on your team, and then look into the timestream to gain full knowledge on your team. If for some reason this doesn't work, he can just summon this time-stream viewer which Noh-Varr, Spider-Man, and Iron Man invented for the same purpose:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7
Avengers Vol. 4 #2

It shows them all the possible futures but also shows them the strongest transmission (ie. which is more likely to happen). So they will know your entire team's powers and plan for the battle to come, including telepathy, energy blasts, your whole soul-objects thing, regeneration, etc.

With that knowledge, my team will know exactly who they are facing, and what their powers are. Essentially, my team will be fully prepared for anything your team can do.

One of the most important devices my team can use, by getting Kang to summon it through time for him, would be Iron Man's genetic disruptor. It is able to completely depower heroes including Sentry, Ares, Spider-Man, Ms. Marvel, etc.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6
New Avengers Vol. 1 #55-57

The best part is that it can be targeted so it only depowers some people - as you can see in the last panel, villains like the Wrecking Crew, etc. are not depowered by the device. This means that Iron Man can use this device to depower your entire team without affecting Thor on our team. Given the wide variety of powers which this device has neutralized in the past, I'm sure it can do the same to your team.

Kang can also teleport Tony's z-gas and stun guns, which were able to take down the Silver Surfer.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5
Silver Surfer Vol. 1 #17

Since no one on your team has any sort of gas filters, these fumes should take them down as they did the Silver Surfer (who doesn't even need to breathe).

Kang can also teleport Tony's security systems, which fire immobilization rays powerful enough to capture the likes of Thor, Vision, and Iron Man himself.

The Avengers #119

They should be more than powerful enough to capture your team as well, since I'm not sure anyone on your team has the planetary level lifting strength of Thor, for example.

However, I'm not too sure whether the soul stealing stuff is a power or a piece of tech, so there's another option in case it's a piece of gear and thus immune to being depowered (and while I'm not too sure what it is, remember, my characters will know what it is since Kang's tech essentially gives them full knowledge). My team can completely wipe the planet clean of any life, if they have to. How will they do that? Well, it's quite simple.

Kang can teleport the Illuminati's arsenal of planet-busting anti-matter bombs onto the planet on which the battle takes place. The instant the battle begins, my team can teleport to the moon above, while Tony uses his technopathy to remote-detonate all the bombs on the planet. Unless your characters can show both a resistance to anti-matter annihilation, as well as the energy durability to withstand an attack several times above planet busting, this should completely wipe them out.

My team's final plan will be to use Kang's (severely discharged) cosmic cube to defeat your team. It only has enough energy in it to temporarily one-shot/KO Thanos, but since Thanos is above limits for this tourney, that should be more than enough to one-shot your composite character.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 #19/25

Once all those devices are set up, there's just the final steps to our team's plan to worry about. Kang will summon an army of 20 Iron Man suits to the battlefield, which Tony can then control simultaneously, like this:

New Avengers Vol. 1 Annual #1

Or this:

Invincible Iron Man Vol. 2 #6

They will be a distraction for your team which will help my team carry out their plans without being attacked or bothered. Then, Thor charges Tony and the armor army up with a couple lightning bolts to significantly increase their power levels, while Tony activates his telepathic nullifier before the battle starts so that your team's telepathy is rendered useless. Kang also summons comm devices so the entire team can talk to each other remotely. Finally, Kang cloaks up the entire team and army, and Tony goes into phasing mode, to ensure that they won't be taken by surprise when the battle starts.

Strategy:

My team will start the battle completely cloaked up, with the telepathic nullifier up and running. If they see that your team isn't being affected by the genetic disruptor (ie. isn't immediately sickly and ill), they will teleport/fly to the moon pictured near the planet and remote detonate the anti-matter arsenal they left on the planet. Then, Tony will scan for signs of life, and if he finds any, my team will zap it with their Cosmic Cube, ensuring that it's dead.

#21 Edited by blackspidey2099 (6504 posts) - - Show Bio