VS

@hellothere5432

Characters:

• Composite Darth Sidious (Champion)
  • Composite Darth Krayt
  • Composite Darth Maul

Perks:

• Full knowledge (7)
  • 30 minutes of Prep on the battlefield (3)
No Caption Provided

Map:

No Caption Provided

Characters start randomly and out of sight in the woods above. The battlefield consists of a populated Earth-like planet, and extends to the moon.

Mood Setter:

Rules:

• Cannot BFR longer than 10 minutes
  • Victory by Death or KO
  • Supernatural Energies
  • All Are In Character But Aware They Are In A Tournament
  • All characters have basic knowledge on allies and full-knowledge if perfect teamwork is taken.
  • DC are post crisis and forward, unless otherwise stated
  • No (Earth-sized) Planet Busting
  • link to the Signups Thread
Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

TAEP

Hellespont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellothere5432: Sure, unless you want to get started tonight, it’ll probably be tomorrow when I can get something up.

Hellespont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellothere5432: Thanks man you too, you wanna do opener, two main posts, and then conclusions?

Hellespont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellothere5432: Post is completed just need to find and add in a couple more Images. Will be completed this afternoon.

Hellespont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1: The Horsemen of Halloween

No Caption Provided

Foreword; As a casual Star Wars fan (movies only), my knowledge on your roster is limited. That said however, I can already say with the utmost confidence that you are in for a tough battle. My team is frankly stacked, with all of the horsemen being undervalued in the tournament OP. We have gods, immortals, hell-lords, and warlords of intergalactic proportions amongst our ranks, so proceed at your own peril.

I. Swamp Thing

Detective Comics
Detective Comics

Originally botanist Alec Holland, Swamp Thing is a man turned creature of pure vegetation. He serves as both the avatar and defender of "The Green", a mysterious alternate dimension where plant based elementals and the essence of all earthly vegetation reside. Given his plant based biology and connection to The Green, Swamp Thing has complete control over his own biology, other plants, many varying elemental forces, and wields access to spiritual powers such as telepathy, empathy, astral projection, and even time travel. It is with these powers that Swamp Thing has claimed the title of the Swamp God.

Hand-to-hand combat; Swamp Thing relies on the versatility of his plant based body to dominate his enemies. For example, he can grow to tremendous sizes to bolster his strength, regenerate from any wound, generate spikes and vines, etc. And the degree at which he can perform these feats is tremendous.

• Scan 1: Grows his body around the earth elemental avatar, completely overwhelming him.
  • Scan 2: Regenerates his entire body.
  • Scan 3: A being wielding Swamp Things powers instantly kills 1 billion people all around the globe by attacking them all simultaneously with spines and roots.
  • Scan 4-5: Grows larger than a mountain and smashes a giant fortress with his hands.

Ranged combat; Swamp Thing can blast enemies with a plethora of element based attacks, such as fire, water, earth, lightening, the weather, etc.

• Scan 1: Terraforms a mountain.
  • Scan 2: Blasts an enemy with electricity.
  • Scan 3: Summons a flash flood so powerful it disintegrates his enemies down to the bone.

Hax abilities; This is where Swamp Thing goes from a versatile powerhouse to utterly ridiculous. There is a certain set of abilities that I would deem as unfair for a fighter to have... Swamp Thing possess pretty much all of them. It would be a bit much to cover them all in just the opener, so I will keep them in the back pocket for now.

Swamp Thing's immortality; As shown above, Swamp Thing has tremendous regenerative faculties, however it actually gets quite a bit deeper than that. As the avatar of "The Green", Swamp Things true form is his astral form. AKA his consciousness. This being the case, as long as there is plant life on earth, his consciousness can enter said plant life and construct a new body instantly.

No Caption Provided

This has the dual implications of making Swamp Thing immortal and pseudo omnipresent.

II. Man-Thing

Marvel Comics
Marvel Comics

Dr. Theodore "Ted" Sallis was originally a scientist who's own serum (combined with mystical energies of the swamp) transformed him into the fearsome Man-Thing, a creature of equal parts science and mysticism. As the Man-Thing Sallis' body is comprised of a mixture of ooze, muck, vegetation and all things swamp-like. This unique physiology grants him super strength, invulnerability to bodily harm, and an oozy secretion which severely burns any life form that experiences the emotion of fear. Upon transformation he was also bestowed access to the "Nexus of All Realities", a cross-dimensional gateway connecting the Man-Thing to powers from all corners of existence.

Hand-to-hand combat; Man-Thing boasts strength and striking abilities that have rivaled the Hulk's. This coupled with his gelatinous biology nullifying physical damage, means that Man-Thing is virtually unbeatable hand-to-hand.

• Scan 1-2: Hulk's blows have no effect, oozing right through Man-Thing. Meanwhile Man-Thing lays down a beating.

"Whatever knows fear burns at the touch of the Man-Thing!";This catchphrase of Man-Thing's pertains to the fact that his body secretes a chemical which burns any organism that "knows fear" upon touch. This burning scales with the levels of fear, however on average it always does crippling damage.

No Caption Provided

Empathic powers; As a being of both equal parts science and magic, Man-Thing possesses psychic abilities such as the ability to communicate telepathically, sense the emotions of others, empathically induce fear, etc.

• Scan 1: Senses a mans childhood trauma.
  • Scan 2: Forces the man to psychically relive his traumatic fears.

The Nexus of All Realities; It may seem overpowered based on a description, but really access to the Nexus just grants Man-Thing the ability to teleport to other dimensions/ timelines and hax immunity. If these niches come up later, I will post scans.

III. Sinestro

Detective Comics
Detective Comics

Thaal Sinestro, ousted from the ranks of the Green Lanterns as the Corps', set out to found the Sinestro Corps. Utilizing Qwardian Power Rings, Sinestro and his corpsmen tap into the powers of yellow light, the fear aspect of the emotional spectrum. His Qwardian powers include strength well beyond the coveted "class 100" marker, FTL travel and combat speed, invulnerability, vast energy projection, and hard-light construct creation.

On construct based combat; While Sinestro can certainly throw a punch, attacking with constructs is any lantern's bread and butter. As such, Sinestro's construct feats will function as his hand-to-hand section. Here's some instances of him steamrolling some of DC's heaviest hitters:

• Scan 1: One-shots Guy Gardener.
  • Scan 2: Pummels Lobo (who goes down on the next page after only a second hit).
  • Scan 3: Beats the breaks off of Kyle Rayner.

His constructs can also function as shields, piercing weapons, etc.

Speed in travel and combat; The speed of the high ranking lanterns is very well documented and Sinestro is perhaps the highest ranking of them all. Here are some applications of Sinestro's faster-than-light mental faculties and flight speed.

• Scan 1: Blitzes Mongul so badly that the friction burns Mongul's skin off (remember Mongul has tangled with Superman numerous times).
  • Scan 2: Keeps track of both Carol Ferris and Hal J., defending and counter attacking.
  • Scan 3: Outmaneuvers Kyle Rayner in flight (while fighting both Kyle and Hal).

Fire power at range; The Qwardian power ring Sinestro wields makes a nuclear bomb look like a candle. Just ask Lobo.

No Caption Provided

VI. Hellstrom

Marvel Comics
Marvel Comics

Daimon Hellstrom is the half breed son of satan and a mortal woman Victoria. Raised on earth, Hellstrom embraces his humanity and has subsequently become a defender of earth from the demonic forces of his father. He does so with the aid of the many powers bestowed unto him from his demonic lineage, "darksoul", and mystical artifacts.

Armed combat style; While Hellstrom does tout the "strength of 100 men", he opts to attack with his mystical tools over fisticuffs. These mystical tools include firstly, his Trident which can nullify other magic abilities, teleport, track, move independently, exorcize demons, etc. And secondly, his Chariot, which he can summon at will and moves at blistering speeds.

Soulfire; Hellstrom's most powerful asset (besides maybe his versatility). Soulfire is a spiritual based fire which burns both physically and metaphysically, akin to something like Ghost Rider. This soulfire has been known to destroy the most powerful of spiritual beings, from armies of demons to full fledged gods.

• Scan 1: Cleaves through the shinto god Susanoo like a warm knife through butter.
  • Scan 2: Torches an entire army of demons.

Other abilities innate to Hellstrom include; Telepathy, teleportation, illusions, electrokinesis, duplication, and many other magic based spells and powers.

Resurrection; Last major talking point regarding Hellstrom, his divinity allows him to revive people from the dead. Swamp Thing and Man-Thing are already immortal, however just incase Sinestro finds himself in trouble, Hellstrom can either tend to his wounds or resurrect him entirely.

• Scan 1: Hellstrom heals a woman that the combined efforts of Reed Richards and Dr. Strange failed to heal.
  • Scan 2: Resurrects a dude.

Preparations

My two perks for this match are morals off and 10 minutes of preparations on the battlefield.

Phase 1: Terraforming

My prep time will begin by terraforming the battlefield from a standard forrest into a swamp. A swamp with extremely dense vegetation, lots of water, and thick fog. This will be accomplished effortlessly given that Swamp Thing has turned Gotham into a jungle, can summon massive amounts of water instantly, and can summon fog.

Scan 1: Manifests a clouds. Scan 2: Turns Gotham into a jungle in seconds.

This terrain will provide Swamp Thing and Man-Thing with limitless plants to attack with and regenerate/ sprout new bodies. It will also limit your teams visibility and movement.

Phase 2: Power Rings

Sinestro will bestow upon the other horsemen Qwardian power rings. With fear being a central part of all three's personas they are prime candidates for the Corps. As yellow lantern's they will receive massive buffs in strength, speed, durability, flight, and energy projection. *Remember I have morals off so there should be no moral objections regarding the use of Qwardian rings*.

Phase 3: Fear Itself

Swamp Thing will disperse hallucinogenic dust around the battlefield, which will induce fear chemicals in your teams brains.

No Caption Provided

This will buff the powers of our yellow rings, increase the burn damage dealt by Man-Thing's touch, and severely hinder your teams mental faculties.

The Battle - (First Impressions)

Considering I am only a casual Star Wars fan, my research on your team was halted pretty quickly by confusion on what is canon/ non-canon and what constitutes a "composite" Star Wars character. So bare with me if my analyses missed anything obvious... Though I think these tactics will work on pretty much any team...

Plan A: The path of least resistance

My primary method of attack is to abuse the gross unfairness of the horsemen's hax abilities. These could include telepathy, hypnosis, soul-stealing, dimensional BFR, astral plane attacks, time travel etc. though I suspect The Force may provide your team resistances, therefore I propose floral transmutation. Basically Swamp Thing can use microbial plants in the stomach to turn you into a tree...

Goofy? Yes. Effective? Highly.

Unless the force has some kind of niche resistance to this (doubtful), transmutation could end the match as soon as it begins. *Remember my team is morals off, so Swamp Thing will use this without hesitation*.

Plan B: The path of slightly more resistance

If push comes to shove and The Force does prove to grant resistances to hax, we can simply move to dominating your team conventionally. Here are some of the advantages the horsemen posses in a straight-up fight:

• Hallucinogenic spores in the air crippling your teams mind.
  • Control over every facet of the battlefield, from the elements, to the the plants, to the ground you stand on.
  • Physical statures that have matched the Hulk, Superman, Green Lanterns, etc.
  • Blinding speeds & nuclear+++ fire power across the board thanks to our power rings.
  • An army of constructs.
  • Fire that burns your soul and kills gods.
  • Two immortals immune to physical harm.
  • Resurrection.

And all of this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Alright that'll do it for the horsemen. Best of luck my friend, you'll need it ;) @hellothere5432

No Caption Provided

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Calling them “The Horseman” had me confused for a moment. I was like “Wait, did he take that perk?”

Hellespont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good reads so far.

Hellespont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellothere5432: Nice post my friend. Do you have any idea about when we have to open for voting?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hellespont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellothere5432: @zetsu-san: Great I’ll get cracking on this, but I was asking more time wise rather than post count. I’m with the extended family this week for thanksgiving so I may be slow.

Hellespont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellothere5432: Made some significant progress here tonight, shooting for tomorrow/ the next day to have this completed.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers