Welcome to my very first Last Man Standing Tournment. It works a little different from your typical CAV or Tournament. Here are the rules:
How It Works
The basics of it are very similar to a free-for-all CAV in the sense that:
- There are multiple participants
- You will take turns posting in a set order
- Traditional Battle Rules
- There will be voting in the end to determine the winner
This, however, is where the similarities end. Instead of the winner being simply voted on at the very end of the match, their will be eliminations after each round. One round is after ever participant has posted a counter/rebuttal. Its a little obscure so I'll go into detail about mechanics of the tournament.
- There is a minimum of 4 participants required and a maximum of 10. Any less than 4 and it will not work and any more than 10 and it gets cluttered and the probability of it dying increases.
- A Character Tier will be agreed upon by the participants. (Street, Mid, High, Herald, etc)
- Each participant will choose a character (or a team but for now we'll keep it simple) that's in the tier selected
- The Moderator must OK the characters chosen (just to make sure that they are within Guidelines
- There MUST be a moderator.
- The moderator CANNOT be a participant in the match (you'll see why later) he must be an independent party. Most of the time you can just ask myself (@hulkage) to Moderate the match and I'll be glad to, but anyone can do it.
- The moderator needs to be impartial and CANNOT participate in the voting
- The moderator can decide on an appropriate prep time and what can be considered as standard equipment
- The moderator will set up a group PM, create the thread, tally the votes, tag people, etc
- The moderator will set up a posting order.
- They will also be in charge of keeping the peace and handling all Alliances, which brings me to my next point
The participants can set up temporary alliances with other participants. They can agree to work together for however long they want and here's how it works:
- Participants can decide in a private PM amongst each other to work together. Say, for example, the characters are Hulk, Thor, Juggernaut, and Superman. Participants representing Hulk and Thor can private PM each other and agree to work together and gang up on everyone else.
- After private alliances are made, they must notify the Moderator in some way.
- Alliances can only stay private for one round, after that round it is revealed that they are working together.
- Alliances can only begin at the start of a round. Participants cannot decide to become allies in the middle of a match. If they do it will not be taken into effect until the start of the next round
- There is no limit on how many people can be inside of an alliance as long as everyone isn't in it. If 7 out of 8 people decide to be in an alliance and gang up on one person then tough luck!
- Moderators must take morals into account when alliances are being made. Alliances cannot be made with someone whose morals directly contradict their own. For example: Batman and Captain America could team up, that makes sense. Batman and the Joker cannot be teammates because of obvious reasons. If such alliance is attempted, the moderator can veto it.
- If two characters have conflicting morals BUT have worked together in the past (ie: Professor X and Magneto) then an alliance can be made
- If you want you character to be bloodlusted then they CANNOT take part in any alliance
- You can betray you ally as long as its within character. Captain America might not, but with Deadpool, you never know.
- There will be someone eliminated after every round except the character intros. That means votes will open after each round
- Voters will vote on who advances in each round. But cannot vote biased on who they thinks wins in just an actual fight.
- Instead of voting purely based on who debated the best, the voter can also take the actual matchup into account. Even if lets say @killemall or @god_spawn were debating for a certain character, lets say Batman, and was putting on a debating clinic, if there are overwhelming odds like an Alliance between Captain America and Wolverine, the voter can take this into consideration.
- Voters can only vote for one more than half of the participants. If there are 8 participants they can vote for 5 to advance. If there are 3 left then they can vote for only 2.
- The character that has the least amount of votes at the end of each round gets eliminated until the best debater is left standing.
- If a participant is taking too long to respond then the moderator can decide to eliminate them himself, however, this doesn't mean that round is over. Someone still must be voted out at the end of that round.
We have a whole host of very talented debaters and here are the characters they are debating.
@ssj_god- Shendu (JCA)
@those_eyes- Composite Lucario
@jtindall- Composite Deathstroke
@sirfizzwhizz- Bomb Queen
@colliderz- Composite Greninja
@darkraiden- Fortune (MGS2)
@dextersinister- Kakashi (Pre and Post Sharingan Feats only)
@lowlaville- Kaneki Ken
@pierpat- Space Marine
- Power Armour
- Power Weapon
- Bolt Pistol
- Storm Shield
- Plasma Pistol
- Jump Pack