1. Cyborg Superman(6 points)
  2. Gorilla Grood(1 point)
  3. Ultra-Humanite(6 points)

Battlefield:

Bottled Kandor
Bottled Kandor

Rules:

1. Win by any means but BFR.
  2. Standard gear for all characters unless otherwise mentioned.
  3. Characters are in character.
  4. Team work is a factor, but your team will not attack itself.
  5. Characters only know as much about the opposing team as they already do.
  6. Rounds are death matches, but MAY have a mission element.
  7. No time travel.
  8. No collecting OP items with prep.
  9. No PIS or plot powers.
  10. I will ref matches.
  11. There is no time limit on matches. Take as long as needed.
Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Sy8000  Online
Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@highaccuser: I've competed in tons of your tournaments but I'e never gotten to debate against you. This should be exciting regardless of the outcome.

If you'd like to go first that would be fantastic because the only person I truly know about on your team is Doctor Alchemy and the ONE thing I know about Firelord is that there is that PIS panel with him and Spider-Man, haha.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sy8000  Online

@thetruebarryallen: Alright let's get this started. First some intros.

Eradicator

The Eradicator is a Kryptonian program designed to preserve Kryptonian culture by eradicating other cultures. As an energy based lifeform he possess planetary levels of energy manipulating, and also possess Superman's powers and phisiology.

There are several incarnations of the Eradicator. Though they used energy powers to varying degrees, they all possessed the same powers (barring red warsuit Eradicators unique ability to turn into the fortress Eradicator, but that was simply because the other Eradicator's hadn't fused with the fortress Eradicator yet).

Firelord was a member of the Nova corps. Eventually, he became one of Galactus' heralds after Air Walker died. Like all of them, he was infused with a portion of power cosmic. Though he is best known for jobbing to Spider-Man, he was held his own nicely against several notable powerhouses.

One of his several stalemates against Thor:

Surfer states that though the heat of a sun isn't a problem for him, Firelord's flames are a threat to him.

Dr. Alchemy is the possessor of the philosophers stone. As it's name suggests, it's a high level tailsman that has complete control of elements and high level transmution as a result. Dr. Alchemy has become one of Flashes most prominent enemies and has been identified as one of the big guns of the rouges

I won't go into Ronan because...well let's get to that.

How the fight will go

Now my team has one big issue to deal with here: telepathy. You have two VERY potent telepaths on your team: Grood and Ultra-humanite. That said, my team has enough resisitance to power through this.

For one thing, Dr. Alchemy isn't human. He's a construct created by the philosophers stone to fufill the criminal desires of it's previous user.It is extremely unlikely telepathy could affect a being like Dr. Alchemy, especially since he can transfer his essence to the stone anyhow.

Firelord has had his soul tampered with like all power cosmic users. His soul is actually replaced by power cosmic, as is the case for all power cosmic users. This is relevent as it is how Silver Surfer explains he was able to resist Moondragons telepathy. Moondragon is a planetary telepath WITHOUT the mind gem, which she had in this instance. I'd say moondragon was superior to both your telepaths combined. I see no reason Firelord won't be similarly protected.

Eradicator is...not really a robot as much as a synthetic lifeform like vision or the original human torch. He has telepathy of his own, but I don't see the need to go into that.

Ronan has no TP resistance and yeah, he'll get dropped.

Now a second issue is that Cyborg Superman and the Eradicator have ALREADY fought, and Eradicator was stomped. However, that was the weakest version of Eradicator and he couldn't do this at the time:

Creates a phantom zone projector to banish Majestic. I imagine he'll do this to Cyborg Superman as he'll recognize him as the biggest threat. Hank will attack him with technopathy, but seeing as they are both Kryptonian their draw speed should be equal and both would get taken out.

But you know who's a faster draw than either of them? Dr. Alchemy. He's outreacted a blitzing Wally West at point blank. He even managed to transmute several times before Wally reached him.

In all likelihood, Dr. Alchemy will make Kryptonite and take out Cyborg Superman before he can react. This shouldn't be hard. Superman's weakness to Kryptonite is well known and Dr.Alchemy has never shown the need to know about what he's transmuting things into. The "S" on Hank's chest should reveal his vunrabilities. He doesn't even need to do that, Alchemy can transmute the hell out of him and I don't think Hank would be able to do anything about it.

But let's say there's a scenario Cyborg Superman DOES manage to take out Eradicator. Should that happen, it would be Grood and Ultra vs Dr. Alchemy and Firelord. Dr. Alchemy should be able to handle Ultra rather quickly by doing this:

Then it's Grood vs Firelord and without TP Grood is seriously out of his league.

In the scenario where Dr. Alchemy takes out Cyborg Superman before he takes out Eradicator I just win even faster. Your move.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sy8000  Online
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: I did! I just got out of work 2 hours ago - and I'm working on getting scans for Grodd & Humanite right now. I'll most likely have something up by tomorrow night :)

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

@highaccuser: Alright - I do apologize for how long this has taken me. I've finally found the time [ and the scans ] to get an opener up; however, so let's get this show on the road.

Team: Evolutionary Processes // 001

So I've got quite an interesting team here - a Cyborg and two telepathic apes.

Cyborg SupermanGorilla GroddUltra-Humanite
Name: Hank HenshawName: GroddName: Gerard Shugel
Likes: Being better than SupermanLikes: Combat & DestructionLikes: Outwitting his foes
Dislikes: SupermanDislikes: The Flash + The RoguesDislikes: Corny Ape Jokes

Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman is one of the various 'Super Men' that came to be after the Death of Superman at the hands of Doomsday. Essentially Hank Henshaw gained the ability to transfer his consciousness to machines and technology after a run in with intense cosmic radiation and then transferred himself into Superman's Birthing Matrix thus granting him the abilities of a Kyrptonian.

He has all the abilities of Superman without the weaknesses along with top notch technopathy & genius level intellect.

Cyborg Superman was once a herald of the Anti Monitor during the Sinestro Corps War because the AM promised him death in return for his services. To make a long story short - Cyborg Superman was never granted his wish and is still alive & ready to kill.

Gorilla Grodd

Gorilla Grodd is a super intelligent, telepathic, anthropomorphic Gorilla and a foe of the Flash. Grodd is one of the most savage and deadly inhabitants of Gorilla City and commonly rules over the city with an iron fist.

He uses his abilities of telepathy and telekinesis in order to combat the Flash - combined with his sheer brute force.

Grodd is a terror for any foe he comes in contact with and won't hesitate to take a bite out of anyone on your team.

Ultra Humanite

Through what can only be described as an odd turn of events - a mad scientist known as Gerald Shugel ended up transplanting his brain into that of an Albino Ape.

He has been a foe of Superman, the Justice League, the Justice Society of America, and Power Girl. His telekinesis, telepathy, and brute strength proving to be troublesome for Earth's greatest heroes.

Ultra Humanite should be able to stand toe to toe with most combatants in this tournament and prove to them why he is the ULTRA Humanite.

The Battle // Counters

So - you've proposed a sort of 'plan' or 'turn of events' that you believe would result in a victory for your team. It's time for me to explain why you're team isn't going to be successful and why some of your plans won't work out as... well... planned.

Telepathic Resistances

You've admitted that my team has an edge in terms of telepathic output - with Grodd AND Ultra Humanite we've got some incredibly potent telepaths.

You've evaluated your team and come to the following conclusions:

• Eradicator - Immune to telepathy as he is a machine/synthetic life form.
  • Firelord - Immune to telepathy.
  • Doctor Alchemy - Is a 'Construct' created by the Philosophers Stone & is immune to telepathy.
  • Ronan the Accuser - Instantly KO-ed.

While I'll agree with Eradicator & Firelord - I do believe I'm going to have to debunk your claim about Doctor Alchemy being a construct that was created by the Philosophers Stone.

The scan that you displayed is from Flash V2 - Issue number 41 | Elemental Conflict

Within the context of the story line Doctor Alchemy has been escaping jail over and over yet nobody understands how it's been happening. Eventually Wally & Linda learn that the Philosophers Stone created a personality known as Alvin Desmond which was the opposite of Albert Desmond - the true Mister Element/Doctor Alchemy.

See - there was some sort of internal conflict within Albert that still wanted to be a villain even after he had reformed. So while the Stone DID indeed create a construct known as Alvin Desmond - Albert was able to resolve the internal conflict and reunite himself with Alvin.

So I'm fairly sure that Albert/Alvin is still going to be weak to Telepathic Assualt via Grodd or UH. The Stone was able to create a construct but I do believe that the construct was defeated by Albert once he resolved his internal conflict.

In the profile of Doctor Alchemy we see that he is ALBERT DESMOND not Alvin - so he should be the human not the construct.

No Caption Provided

With that being said - I do believe now that 50% of your team is going to instantly be dropped via Telepathy from Grodd & UH.

For those users who are questioning just how strong the mental abilities of Grodd & UH are - Grodd has been able to mentally assault & harm Wally West while Ultra Humanite has taken down Power Girl & invaded her mind with his TP.

With you admitting that Ronan doesn't stand a chance & with me proving that Doctor Alchemy is going to get dropped just as fast it seems that this is already an uphill battle for your team.

Cyborg Superman vs Eradicator

I see this fight going just as all their fights in the past have gone - with Cyborg Superman essentially stomping Eradicator.

Scans 01 - 08 show Cyborg Superman combating Eradicator & doing a fine job of it; however, soon 77,000 bombs are dropped onto Coast City & the following explosion thrashes Eradicator and leaves Cyborg Superman unscathed. Scans 09 - 12 show Cyborg Superman fighting against Supergirl, Superboy, Eradicator, and Steel and winning. He creates weapons during the fight to target their specific weaknesses.

With this all being said - Eradicator doesn't have a strong track record against Cyborg Superman, though you've mentioned that during these fights Eradicator was at his weakest point.

So how would Cyborg Superman dispose of this composite Eradicator?

Simple - with Technopathy.

See, you've said it yourself, Eradicator is - in simple terms - a very advanced Kryptonian Computer Program. He isn't a true living organism but he's a program, in short, he is technology.

Now Cyborg Superman has shown masterful control over all forms of technology. He's made himself a body that replicates the powers and abilities of Superman without any of the weaknesses, taken over the JL Watchtower, and even commanded a fraction of the Source Wall which is far more advanced than Kryptonian Technology.

Considering that Cyborg Superman was able to do THIS:

- Command's an Alpha Lantern to commit suicide against his will. It's widely known that Alpha Lanterns are the elite members of the GLC, thus they would have incredible will -

AND THIS:

- Commanding 1 BILLION life forms while combating the Green Lantern Corps -

I don't see how ONE piece of Kyrptonian Tech would be beyond his scope. That Phantom Zone projector that you mentioned would be dis-configured with a simple thought and then Eradicator would be swiftly beaten via technopathic shutdown or forced suicide.

Maybe Eradicator is packing more of a punch then we've seen here - but all in all he has a horrible track record against Cyborg Superman and him being a machine makes him incredibly susceptible to Technopathic Control.

Dealing with Firelord

With the way things are going it's looking like it'll be Grodd, Ultra Humanite, and Cyborg Superman against Firelord.

You've mentioned that his flames are hot enough to hurt Surfer or at least make him worry - well, Cyborg Superman is pretty heat resistant.

He was left completely unscathed from an attack dubbed to be 'Hot as the Sun' from Hal Jordan - so Firelord is going to have to turn up the heat.

Speaking of Silver Surfer - Cyborg Superman tangoed with him once before, it was pretty much a stalemate though.

For anyone who looks at this and then screams THATS NOT A CANON CROSSOVER - you're wrong. It was confirmed.

No Caption Provided

So if Cyborg Superman is able to handle Surfer in a draw, and Surfer can easily handle Firelord - then it would make logical sense that Cyborg Superman is more than enough for Firelord.

However; we've also got Grodd & Ultra Humanite - Grodd is more useless but UH has wrecked Power Girl in physical combat along with being a reaccuring Superman Foe - so he can take some physical punishment.

No Caption Provided

Honestly - if my team believes that Firelord is going to be THAT much of a problem then they just won't drop Ronan right away & they'll use mind control on him to help battled Firelord.

UH & Cyborg Superman should be more than enough for him - especially if he's only stalemating Thor.

Anywho - I look forward to your response. Sorry my post is so late, hopefully we can get a good debate going here, right, @highaccuser?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sy8000  Online

@thetruebarryallen: Alright, let me counter relevant points now.

So I'm fairly sure that Albert/Alvin is still going to be weak to Telepathic Assualt via Grodd or UH. The Stone was able to create a construct but I do believe that the construct was defeated by Albert once he resolved his internal conflict.

In the profile of Doctor Alchemy we see that he is ALBERT DESMOND not Alvin - so he should be the human not the construct.

While this is true, Albert is clearly no longer truly human. It's been noted the philosophers stone always returns to him when he wants it to(I don't know how to make scans), so he has clearly achieved a degree of unity with the stone.

In addition, Dr. Alchemy has shown the ability to move his consciousness into the stone, which would certainly make it hard for telepaths to affect him as he wouldn't be organic.

I highly doubt he'd be vunerable to telepathy in that state.

I see this fight going just as all their fights in the past have gone - with Cyborg Superman essentially stomping Eradicator.

Scans 01 - 08 show Cyborg Superman combating Eradicator & doing a fine job of it; however, soon 77,000 bombs are dropped onto Coast City & the following explosion thrashes Eradicator and leaves Cyborg Superman unscathed. Scans 09 - 12 show Cyborg Superman fighting against Supergirl, Superboy, Eradicator, and Steel and winning. He creates weapons during the fight to target their specific weaknesses.

Eradicator didn't have his memories at that time. See, during reign of supermen Eradicator's memories were wiped so he thought he was Superman and as such wouldn't have known about his energy powers. I believe had he known about his powers he would have won that fight with Hank since Hank did not know he was technology, but that's a moot argument here.

I don't see how ONE piece of Kyrptonian Tech would be beyond his scope. That Phantom Zone projector that you mentioned would be dis-configured with a simple thoughtand then Eradicator would be swiftly beaten via technopathic shutdown or forced suicide.

That's the problem with this: it will take a whole thought.

While Cyborg Superman and Eradicator are well beyond other Kryptonians, they have the same basic physical stats, that includes speed. Each of them has the means to one-shot the other. I see no reason one of them will take out the other first, which is why I made a scenario where they both lose.

Bottom line:Cyborg Superman will easily beat Eradicator, that much I agree on, but he won't do so before getting BFR'd.

Now, you may point out that BFR is not a win in this tourney. This is true, but that doesn't mean it can't be employed. Once Ultra and Grood are defeated, Eradicator will be woken up and he'll send Alchemy into the Phantom zone. He should beat Hank pretty easily by making loads of Kryptonite.

If Eradicator is shut down and can't be awoken...well we're in a kryptonian city. There HAS to be some phantom zone tech there.

With the way things are going it's looking like it'll be Grodd, Ultra Humanite, and Cyborg Superman against Firelord.

Actually, it will be Grood and Ultra Humanite vs Dr. Alchemy and Firelord.

You've mentioned that his flames are hot enough to hurt Surfer or at least make him worry - well, Cyborg Superman is pretty heat resistant.

Nice, but that blast was only as hot as the sun, and Hank was still hurt. Surfer can handle the heat of the sun even better.

Casually moving through the suns core with no signs of pain.

But Hank and Firelord won't be fighting, so this isn't overly relevant.

So to summarize how the fight will go:

• Ronan will get TP'd. The rest of my team is resistant.
  • Cyobrg will get BFR'd instantly.
  • Alchemy will turn Ultra Humanites blood into acid.
  • Firelord will overpower Grood.
  • Dr. Alchemy will go into the phantom zone and beat Hank with Kryptonite.

I'm gonna be gone for 12 days, so I won't be able to respond to your post for a while.