• America Chavez
  • Black Panther

To The Death!

#2 Posted by Supermanthor (13663 posts) - - Show Bio

no body on xmen can stop starbrand and captain universe

team 2 stomps

#3 Posted by Aqualion0 (1148 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor:

It's restricted Starbrand not that one who can do universal stuff and kill Beyonders.

#4 Edited by Supermanthor (13663 posts) - - Show Bio

@aqualion0: even then starbrand oneshoted hulk into space by accident

survived a attack from hypreion thor and hulk together

its more than any x mens paygrade you pictured

you could argue that magik can bfr them in limbo but then again even low high tiers like blue marvel and hypreion can speed biltz

other than that torch can go super nova mode

you have spectrum who is almost unkilleble and oh america chavez can bfr most in space

and of couse thor and hulk

only ones from x men matter are kitty rouge ( if she dosnet get one shoted ) jean and Rachel nate and quentin to a some degree

#5 Edited by cosmic_reign (3326 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-men have a chance.

Consider Hope can mimic powers from the entire roster of her team to the highest potential without taking away from them. They can be heavy factors if we take into account a "full potential" Nate, Rogue, Mags, Jean, Havoc, Bishop(just to name a few).

Still don't know which team would win, but I doubt it's a stomp. IMO

#6 Posted by Supermanthor (13663 posts) - - Show Bio

but I doubt it's a stomp. IMO

you are right i have gone too far with saying that but i am seeing team 2 edgeing here

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#7 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

As always X-Men’s greatest strength is their telepaths but they lack the raw power the Avengers/F4 have. Could go either way but leaning team 2 cuz physically speaking they outmatch team 1 by a massive margin.

#8 Posted by cosmic_reign (3326 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmic_reign said:

you are right i have gone too far with saying that but i am seeing team 2 edgeing here

Yeah, I'm sure arguments can be made for both sides. ;)

#9 Posted by Supermanthor (13663 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor said:
@cosmic_reign said:

i know right ;)

#10 Edited by geekryan (3806 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 has a lot of powerhouses that the X-Men simply can't match...

BUT, the X-Men have Jean, Emma, Psylocke, the Cuckoos, Nate, Quentin, and Hope. That's a lot of telepathic power that I don't see Team 1 being able to overcome.

I'm not too familiar with Starbrand or Captain Universe though, so Idk

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#11 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

Starbrand and captain universe solo.

#12 Edited by PyroFN (5646 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_living_tribunal_24: Nate Grey, Hope Summers, and Jean Grey disagree.

I made sure to look up starbrand and captain universe. No mention of telepathic resistance.

#13 Posted by del_torro (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

Are the following people immune to telepathy?

Captain Marvel

Hyperion (Composite)

Thor

Captain America

Starbrand

Captain Universe

Reed Richards

Human Torch

The Thing

Blue Marvel

Anti-Man

Spectrum

Binary

America Chavez

Because Nate grey, Jean grey, Emma frost, Cuckoos, Quentin Quire, Psylocke and Hope Summers (mimicking all of them at full power), is 9 powerful Telepaths combining their power. Even if they did have mental defenses, would it be able to stand against that combined power.

They could make them join the Xmen to fight, put them to sleep, turn off the powers of some of them or trap their minds in loops or have it eaten out by psychic viruses.

But then people like Star brand, Captain Universe and Indestructible hulk have incredible Power that can one shot a lot of people at once. Also, the nature of the minds of beings like Captain universe or starbrand

#14 Edited by The_living_tribunal_24 (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: doesnt mean they wont get one-shotted still.

#15 Posted by cosmic_reign (3326 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmic_reign said:

i know right ;)

Leaning heavily towards X-Men now.

Possible scenario:

Hope mimics everyone's powers, then multiplies herself into an army.

Sure there may be countless scenarios, but here's one I think the X-men would win.

#16 Posted by destinyman75 (13610 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men die or are saved... not by telapaths they can be overcome... nope Magik is MVP for her team. With magneto being a huge help. So If the X-Men win it's because of Magneto and Magik not telapaths.

Avengers have so much more power it's not funny. Thor could wrek 90% of the x men easily. While he's a big factor its actually Spectrum that makes it nearly Impossible for the X men to win here

#17 Posted by PyroFN (5646 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_living_tribunal_24: If they get the chance, it could be a one-shot. Given the number of characters on the battlefield, it is unlikely.

#18 Edited by PyroFN (5646 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75: Rachel already wrecked Thor in AvX. Thor isn’t wrecking Nate, Jean, or Hope. Iceman is another who can take Thor.

And the telepaths do more work than most of the X-Men here. Seriously, like Thor and Iron Man are the only ones with notable resistance.

#19 Posted by cattlebattle (17517 posts) - - Show Bio

Honey Badger solos.

#20 Posted by Supermanthor (13663 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: lol @ Rachel "wrecking" thor

#23 Posted by Koays (10549 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by Rajjar (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

Composite Hyperion blitzes them from orbit; he legit might be stronger than all of the X-Men combined. Spectrum turns into light and immobilizes the telepaths.

#25 Edited by destinyman75 (13610 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: Rachel wrecking Thor is funny really not realistic...AVX was filled with such piss it's ridiculous at this point. Thor can take Bobby despite piss to build him up in that same storyline...But I understand TP will be a factor but I don't think the most. Magneto, Magik, Thor, and Spectrum in my view are going to be the hardest to put down...But I see your point on the impact of TP.....

#26 Edited by PyroFN (5646 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_living_tribunal_24: Seems like wrecking to me.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/16074/3146467-xmenwolverine12f+rachel+vs+thor.jpg

Twice. And these took place in the main books that tied-in to AvX and not the event books themselves. That means two different writers agree Rachel wins.

http://i.imgur.com/dxOVH.jpg

#27 Posted by PyroFN (5646 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar: Hyperion isn’t composite in this, is he?

#28 Posted by PyroFN (5646 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75: I can’t see any reason why Rachel can’t stand up to Thor since she can easily solo a herald of Galactus without Phoenix.

#29 Edited by Rajjar (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@rajjar: Hyperion isn’t composite in this, is he?

Seems to me that the OP took particular care with making sure that he was the only composite in this battle.

#30 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: when did she solo a herald of galactus? Terrax the jobber literally stood there git picked up by storm's lightning, got sliced by wolverine and then knocked out by having small rocks thrown at him. You're such a wanker.

#31 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: lol in X-men centric books, where Rachel was literally one of the main protagonists?

#32 Posted by destinyman75 (13610 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: Terrax is a jobber. Thor>> Any herald of Galactus other then Norrin. Who he likewise beats or stalemates...So probably not happening

#33 Posted by Toratorn (6318 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 was way more powerhouses, but team 1 has a lot of telepaths. Hmm...

If everyone is bloodlusted, I can see Spectrum, Human Torch and Hyperion just blitzing a good chunk of T1 to death before anyone makes a move. In fact, just Hyperion alone would probably be enough to pick up the chunk of ground all X-Men stand on and plow into Sun at super speed, just like he did with Wonder Man.

#34 Posted by The_Red_Devil (4259 posts) - - Show Bio

As always X-Men’s greatest strength is their telepaths but they lack the raw power the Avengers/F4 have. Could go either way but leaning team 2 cuz physically speaking they outmatch team 1 by a massive margin.

#35 Posted by Koays (10549 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_living_tribunal_24: Idk about Rachel beating Thor, especially since I dont think shes even here. But the same fight with Thor happened in an Avengers book as well as an X-Men book.

On Topic.

Lifeseed Nate is turning the four best on the other side into horsemen.

Hope is a nuke here.

Iceman, Storm, Magneto and Polaris hold the ground here

Rogue hits the middle of there line up and Drains them.

Then Jean, Emma, Quire, Cuckoos and Psylocke spam TP to clean up.

The X-Men aren't winning much one v ones, but their field clearing game here is excellent. It can be argued that at best the Marvel team goes down to probably 2 high tiers and some stragglers to go up against Lifeseed Nate, amped Rogue and Hope, and whatever horsemen Nate has assembled.

#36 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: that's fair enough, although I don't know if op allows lifeseed nate(if he states current versions then yes).

#37 Posted by Koays (10549 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_living_tribunal_24: Eh, it's either Lifeseed Nate or whatever we wanna call the weaker version of Nate hes pretending to be inside of Age of X-Man. Otherwise the next one down is depowered Nate or Shaman.

Really hard to restrict him here though, since without him the strategy is for Rogue AOE drain while all the energy projectors stand on a cliff and spam for their lives while hoping Hulk doesnt just bum rush them.

#38 Posted by PyroFN (5646 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_living_tribunal_24: Since when have we disregarded feats from characters in their own books? If we were to do that, half of the characters feats in any franchise would be null.

#39 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: when it comes to feats of fighting other prevelant characters and said adversary has tanked worse its safe to assume they're jobbing.

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
#40 Posted by TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings (2281 posts) - - Show Bio

I do think the telepaths are much bigger factor than most people are saying. You don't have to telepath everyone, just take over enough of the battlefield to turn it into your favor. The only way I see the telepathy monopoly on team one isn't as factor is if the heavy hitters take them out quick. But I do contend I think most of them will hold the line for long enough to really tip the scales, and they do have enough firepower to take out a Thor, at least with some team work.

So I am going with the X-Men here.

#41 Posted by PyroFN (5646 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75: @the_living_tribunal_24: I’m not taking the jobber excuse unless either of you establish Terrax durability baseline. As far as I’m concerned, we don’t consider any outliers until a baseline is established. So either take the feat for what it is, or establish to me what you believe his base level durability is.

#42 Posted by destinyman75 (13610 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: Not an exscuse facts. Even Thing was able to contend with him, Thor>>>Thing>Terrax. It's just facts he's one of the weakest heralds there is. Firelord is above him, Morgan, Norrin, Stardust etc. And Thor is above they all maybe equal to Norrin in power based on all there fighting. Thor would one shot half this tema if serious about it. Not all.ot course and he isn't going to be winning again, magneto Spectrum, Thor, and Magik are the biggest factors here. If magneto wasn't here I'd givenit solidly to The avengers team. But he is and he Will be a good counter for Thor

#43 Posted by PyroFN (5646 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75: Okay, so the baseline is Terrax is under the heralds? Okay. That is good enough to me of an explanation. That said, Rachel is being established against high tiers at this point and time, when back then, we were only putting her against psychics, which is a whole different ball-Park from the physical realm. It says a lot when the Avengers are forced to call in Xavier to handle her and he tells her that they are the two of the most powerful telepaths on Earth at that point in time.

This is just Rachel of all people. I’ve not even gotten to Jean yet, whose shields have tanked a White Hole, further powered by Binary who is usually a planetary buster, has blocked a punch from Black Bolt who has been repeatedly scaled to Thor, has beaten Thing by outsmarting him with an illusion and then held him back with her own telekinesis until he suffocated, whose shields at Marvel Girl levels tanked hits from Abomination (a Hulk level villain), has at Marvel Girl levels telekinetically tossed Hulk around, who broken through psychic defenses thought impenetrable (aka helmeted Juggernaut, helmeted Magneto, Neo, Diamond Form Emma Frost), has gone toe-to-toe with a bloddlusted Gladiator, solo’d the Supreme Intelligence, and has done a lot more that would make things difficult for the Avengers. Need I also remind you that a Teen Jean Grey has bfr’d Thor after hitting with a telekinetic wave? It is not hard to believe that the psychics could give Thor a fight. A subconscious Jean Grey in a coma has given an Avengers team composed of Wasp, Captain America, Namor, Black Knight, and Hercules trouble, holding them all back. Even Spectrums powers, who was called Captain Marvel at the time, we’re turned off by a comatose Jean Grey. The original X-Men have fought aliens who copied an Avengers team composed of She-Hulk, Thor, Black Knight, and Doctor Druid. X-Factor was composed of only Marvel Girl, Cyclops, and Iceman. Those three held off the four Avenger copies until back-up came. Those copies mimicked the Avengers powers in exact.

Spectrum and Thor are factors, but not deciding factors by any stretch.

#44 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: like no selling planetary explosions?? and holding his own against a herald busting morg??

#45 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: binary has no planetary level feats.

#46 Posted by PyroFN (5646 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: again you go to stories where prevelant characters are jobbed, gladiator the same gladiator that wrecked vulcan the same vulcan that was easily trolling rachel. The writer literally makes rachel mention how rachel was a god before. This is bs since they're trying to make equivalency that since she was a god years before now she's on the same level as thor.

#48 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: i'd say no selling the planetary blast is his best, but he would definitely survive them.

#49 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: dude wtf are you saying??? monica literally blitzes before they can even think. Terrax decapitates them before they can react.

#50 Posted by PyroFN (5646 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_living_tribunal_24: “binary has no planetary level feats.”

Huh. Well, screw me. It was only one instance as far as I can see. Can’t find anything on that level again:

•Crystallizes Brood Queen and destroys her world.

https://i.imgur.com/5HXHx17_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Needless to say, there was a point in time where Carol was white hole star level. She couldn’t control it. Not sure of the circumstance though.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hwFvbY9K0jY/VxSb8n0dJTI/AAAAAAAACzk/vTjhS3mYI-4SBunm1uMT8bVBlcRopS8VQCCo/s1600-Ic42/RCO012_w.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-H6n-DOilQmQ/VxScBFXzYsI/AAAAAAAACzk/dqHUoGLzZwkYxMB0UoAAFiWT3qWT34YYgCCo/s1600-Ic42/RCO029.jpg

She has also helped Quasar save the sun one time by creating a White Hole. Don’t know how that works, but it apparently happened in Quasar #34.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/YKft51YjlqqgNQVAWX5_ucbb4vQtRgdmgZi9bsZhHd0Kx8vFEvw6X2tBP9z4RgpjC6L8M0SzblXl=s1600