Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Rules:

• MCU versions
  • Luke and Danny have been hired to take out Spider-Man, who they think is a criminal.
  • Luke knows Spidey can take a punch and isn't holding back. Danny is in zen-mode with unlimited chi. Peter has his tech suit.
  • Basic knowledge. In character. Begin twenty feet apart in a New York City street.
  • Win by knockout or incap.

Heroes for Hire:

No Caption Provided

vs

Spider-Man:

No Caption Provided

Round One: No webs.

Round Two: Webs allowed.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I said the same thing in the Iron Fist vs. Spider-Man thread, but team R1, Spidey R2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny solos. Zen-Mode with permanent chi, GG.

(Btw I always thought, since the Defenders came out that this scene in the gif was cringe).

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both solo.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rogueshadow  Moderator

Bump. Any opposing opinions?

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man is too powerful for them imo. Even without webs his mobility is above anything the duo have faced, and nothing short of the most powerful chi punch has a chance of doing any significant damage to Pete.

Luke can wail on Pete all day and get no where, and while zen Danny is fast, I don't believe him to be faster than Pete with it. In the bank scene, he basically blurred out of the way of the purple lightning gun even though he had to free the thief from the web holding him on the wall

I'll say team can take a majority for round 1 (though I'll still back Pete since he can one shot Danny and beat Luke 1v1) But round 2 goes to Pete for sure imo.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually Luke either solos or gets stomped depending on what showings he look at. I don't think Luke can be used in battles anymore to be honest. His highs and lows are too far apart. Danny in zen mode with no chi limit would still beat the crap out Peter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Luke has no striking feat that surpasses shockers, so how does he even put Pete down?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man, both rounds. He's too strong for Luke and too fast for Iron Fist.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man, both rounds. He's too strong for Luke and too fast for Iron Fist.

No Caption Provided

GCA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Fist and Luke Cage should win both rounds.

I could see Danny beating him on his own with full potential.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Luke has no striking feat that surpasses shockers, so how does he even put Pete down?

You don't need to be as strong as Shocker to hurt Peter. He almost had a concussion from flinging himself at full speed and he could never fling himself with equal force to Shocker. Peter also can't hurt someone who tanked chi punches, though he would 4-5 shot someone who dies to shotgun fire. That's why I won't try to argue Luke winning either way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: well him ko'ing himself is more for plot reasons imo. It led to him learning about his suits capabilities as well as the chitauri power core.

Either way that happened because he didn't know to brace, he won't be off guard here.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: well him ko'ing himself is more for plot reasons imo. It led to him learning about his suits capabilities as well as the chitauri power core.

Either way that happened because he didn't know to brace, he won't be off guard here.

He wasn't KOd, but the fact that he was hurt didn't affect the plot so that wouldn't matter.

He wasn't bracing against Shocker either. It's not gonna make that much of a difference and he can still be hurt.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: if you are referring to the truck heist scene where Pete got a concussion from jumping into the roof, then I believe he was ko'd

As for the bracing, I mostly mean he was at least in a position to prepare to take a hit from the shocker. An example would be doc ock from Spider-Man 2 tanking hit after hit from an angry Spider-Man, tanking a fall off a building onto a train and getting smashed into a car without issue, yet when aunt may hit him off guard, he was in pain

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rogueshadow  Moderator

Bump.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

civil war spidey wins, but homecoming spidey gets owned easily.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: Homecoming Spider-Man was a lot stronger and faster than both of them.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

civil war spidey wins, but homecoming spidey gets owned easily.

This statement is stupid, it's not like Spider-Man was presented as weaker or less powerful in any way in homecoming.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher5000: don't waste your time. apparently because spiderman got tagged a few times and didn't want to hurt his love interests dad, he is fodder now on the vine.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Homecoming Spidey gets stomped. Even if he is more powerful than the duo (which I doubt) he’ll probably end up tripping on some webs and falling on his face and knocking himself out or something. Civil War Peter should win however.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher5000: don't waste your time. apparently because spiderman got tagged a few times and didn't want to hurt his love interests dad, he is fodder now on the vine.

I see, people's view of MCU spider-man will probably change after Infinity War though.

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ldm said:

@blackspidey2099: lol. He sounds like CW JOBBER Flash

Yeah, they unfortunately made him such a jobber and idiot just so they can do a stupid "coming of age" story with Iron Man. As much as I love the MCU, I can't forgive them for what they did to Spidey. Right now, I'm just hoping the Russo Brothers patch him back up into a cool hero for Avengers 3 and 4, because they did a good job in Civil War.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By christianrapper

@blackspidey2099 said:
@ldm said:

Yeah, they unfortunately made him such a jobber and idiot just so they can do a stupid "coming of age" story with Iron Man. As much as I love the MCU, I can't forgive them for what they did to Spidey. Right now, I'm just hoping the Russo Brothers patch him back up into a cool hero for Avengers 3 and 4, because they did a good job in Civil War.

most of the movie was spidey cleaning up the messes that he caused. also, it was like he forgot how to be spiderman. he easily beat falcon and bucky but was having problems with lesser villains.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099 said:
@ldm said:

most of the movie was spidey cleaning up the messes that he caused. also, it was like he forgot how to be spiderman. he easily beat cap and bucky but was having problems with lesser villains.

Cap beat him

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a694c5def8ac
deactivated-5a694c5def8ac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper said:
@blackspidey2099 said:
@ldm said:

most of the movie was spidey cleaning up the messes that he caused. also, it was like he forgot how to be spiderman. he easily beat cap and bucky but was having problems with lesser villains.

Cap beat him

Cap "beat him" by trapping him somewhere and running away. Bucky did the same thing earlier in Civil War yet no one says he beat Cap interestingly enough.

@blackspidey2099 said:
@ldm said:

most of the movie was spidey cleaning up the messes that he caused. also, it was like he forgot how to be spiderman. he easily beat falcon and bucky but was having problems with lesser villains.

How? It's not like Vulture wouldn't beat Falcon or Bucky in a fight, so he didn't have trouble with "lesser" villains at all.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By blackspidey2099

@monstrous93: Yeah, I definitely don’t think Peter lost to Cap - I mean, by that logic comics Peter beat Juggernaut by trapping him in cement. I’d say it was a draw with an edge to Peter.

I think Falcon and/or Bucky would have done well against Toomes, and if they teamed up they would certainly win. Spidey beat Falcon and Bucky at the same time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monstrous93: Yeah, I definitely don’t think Peter lost to Cap - I mean, by that logic comics Peter beat Juggernaut by trapping him in cement. I’d say it was a draw with an edge to Peter.

I think Falcon and/or Bucky would have done well against Toomes, and if they teamed up they would certainly win. Spidey beat Falcon and Bucky at the same time.

Why do you think they would beat him? Unless I'm mistaken Vulture's suit was bulletproof, so Bucky can't do anything to Vulture while he's in the air. Once Vulture beats Falcon I think he would be able to beat Bucky.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099 said:

Why do you think they would beat him? Unless I'm mistaken Vulture's suit was bulletproof, so Bucky can't do anything to Vulture while he's in the air. Once Vulture beats Falcon I think he would be able to beat Bucky.

Falcon can outmaneuveur Vulture and shoot at him, while Bucky can easily damage the armor since he could damage Iron Man armor (which is why Peter, by scaling, should have one-shotted Vulture tbh).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099:

Falcon can outmaneuveur Vulture and shoot at him,

I'm pretty sure Vulture's suit was bulletproof.

while Bucky can easily damage the armor since he could damage Iron Man armor

IM's suit seemed nerfed in that movie, either way if Vulture hits bucky before bucky hits him he may be able to knock him out.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rogueshadow  Moderator
BUMP
BUMP

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP
BUMP

Are we using season 2 of Luke Cage now? And does Spider-Man get his feats and suit from Infinity War or still just the Homecoming suit?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@rr79 said:

Are we using season 2 of Luke Cage now? And does Spider-Man get his feats and suit from Infinity War or still just the Homecoming suit?

Yes to Luke but Homecoming suit only.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79 said:

Yes to Luke but Homecoming suit only.

That makes it a tough decision. I would tentatively go with Luke and Danny now with those conditions. Luke definitely got more powerful in season 2, shown specifically with the special bullets built to take him down not having a significant effect on him anymore. And Danny seems to be more stable now as well. That punch in the warehouse was awesome as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1 too close

R2 he webs dannys eyes shut and takes on luke

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t think either of them can put Peter down.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t think either of them can put Peter down.

To be fair, Spider-Man knocked himself out by jumping into the roof of an armored vehicle...

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: He also tanked hits from the shocker.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RR79

@greysentinel365 said:

@rr79: He also tanked hits from the shocker.

Depends on your definition of tanked. They didn't cause any real injury, so I guess you can say tanked, but they clearly hurt him. And Shockers hits weren't as powerful as Danny's can be. That being said, I am not certain who would win. I give the edge to Luke and Danny, but I could easily be convinced otherwise. Either way I think it would be a great battle.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Up

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter is not loosing to this pair of incompetent fighters

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think spider man wins this although it will be a hard fought battle.

We can pretty much compare how he fought with winter soldier and falcon.

He will dodge around them make them look slow and web em up.

Also I think Spider-Man is stronger than Luke

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t see spider man soloing when he couldn’t even seal the deal versus Bucky and Falcon.

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter is too fast and durable

Avatar image for deactivated-60d22a069f2ea
deactivated-60d22a069f2ea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter solos.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf4439ee1f9
deactivated-61cf4439ee1f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always seen Peter as the perfect gatekeeper to the higher hero levels. Any street level character like these guys, he has a more than good chance of stomping.

Basically, Spider-Man is the Low-tier King.