Hero of Ferelden (Male Human Noble, Warrior with Sword/Shield) vs Geralt of Rivia

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Swordsmanship: Both are master swordsman, capable of combating large groups of enemies. Both have proven their prowess against man and beast alike. Though Geralt has decades more experience and is able to quickly move from enemy to enemy, figuratively dancing across the battlefield due to his mastery of swordsmanship. Geralt gets the edge here.

Magic: While not adept in the use of powerful spells, Geralt is capable of using Witcher signs. These signs are capable of both killing or incapacitating enemies long enough for Geralt to end the battle swiftly. The Hero of Ferelden is not adept in magic. He has, however, fought and defeated against many magic using enemies, from Maleficar (blood mages) to powerful demons and witched (Flemeth, Sloth Demon, etc). Personally I don't think Geralt's signs would pose immense threat to the Hero of Ferelden, though they would be something to watch for. Though Geralt gets the edge here, as he is capable of doing something the Hero can't.

Equipment: Geralt uses two swords, one steel for fighting humans/elves, and one silver for fighting monsters (as per the Witcher's trade). Geralt also makes use of healing items such as the Swallow potion, as well as oils and poisons on his blades. For long range Geralt utilizes a small, one-handed crossbow. The Hero of Ferelden uses simple weapons, Warden Commander plate, steel plated Warden helmet, and a Warden sword and shield. The Hero of Ferelden is capable of putting runes into his weapons to make them more powerful, giving the weapons special abilities like fire, ice, or lightning damage. All around I personally believe the Hero has the edge here, his armor and equipment (shield mostly) are more protective than Geralt's usual leather and chainmail armor.

Feats: Geralt has several impressive feats to his name, he's a dragonslayer, has battled with the Wild Hunt (something very few are capable of doing), and has cleaved his way through armies of both the living and the dead (mostly wraiths, like in Witcher 2 in Vergen). The Hero of Ferelden has slayed several High Dragons, has fought his way through hundreds of Darkspawn, killed an Archdemon (extremely powerful Darkspawn/Dragon/Old God monster), as well as fought demons, and hundreds of other warriors. I personally think the Hero wins here, he's fought and killed enemies more powerful and in larger quantities than Geralt has.

Physicality: Both are in peak physical condition, being warriors that constantly fighting against something or other. The Hero of Ferelden is far more durable and can take much more punishment than Geralt can (as seen from damage taken in-game), but Geralt is much faster than the Hero and more agile.

I can't draw a good conclusion, both are extremely skilled and are very even in combat. Who do you guys think wins?

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Swordsmanship: Both are master swordsman, capable of combating large groups of enemies. Both have proven their prowess against man and beast alike. Though Geralt has decades more experience and is able to quickly move from enemy to enemy, figuratively dancing across the battlefield due to his mastery of swordsmanship. Geralt gets the edge here.

Magic: While not adept in the use of powerful spells, Geralt is capable of using Witcher signs. These signs are capable of both killing or incapacitating enemies long enough for Geralt to end the battle swiftly. The Hero of Ferelden is not adept in magic. He has, however, fought and defeated against many magic using enemies, from Maleficar (blood mages) to powerful demons and witched (Flemeth, Sloth Demon, etc). Personally I don't think Geralt's signs would pose immense threat to the Hero of Ferelden, though they would be something to watch for. Though Geralt gets the edge here, as he is capable of doing something the Hero can't.

Equipment: Geralt uses two swords, one steel for fighting humans/elves, and one silver for fighting monsters (as per the Witcher's trade). Geralt also makes use of healing items such as the Swallow potion, as well as oils and poisons on his blades. For long range Geralt utilizes a small, one-handed crossbow. The Hero of Ferelden uses simple weapons, Warden Commander plate, steel plated Warden helmet, and a Warden sword and shield. The Hero of Ferelden is capable of putting runes into his weapons to make them more powerful, giving the weapons special abilities like fire, ice, or lightning damage. All around I personally believe the Hero has the edge here, his armor and equipment (shield mostly) are more protective than Geralt's usual leather and chainmail armor.

Feats: Geralt has several impressive feats to his name, he's a dragonslayer, has battled with the Wild Hunt (something very few are capable of doing), and has cleaved his way through armies of both the living and the dead (mostly wraiths, like in Witcher 2 in Vergen). The Hero of Ferelden has slayed several High Dragons, has fought his way through hundreds of Darkspawn, killed an Archdemon (extremely powerful Darkspawn/Dragon/Old God monster), as well as fought demons, and hundreds of other warriors. I personally think the Hero wins here, he's fought and killed enemies more powerful and in larger quantities than Geralt has.

Physicality: Both are in peak physical condition, being warriors that constantly fighting against something or other. The Hero of Ferelden is far more durable and can take much more punishment than Geralt can (as seen from damage taken in-game), but Geralt is much faster than the Hero and more agile.

I can't draw a good conclusion, both are extremely skilled and are very even in combat. Who do you guys think wins?

It's easy. Hero of Ferelden is from more combat fantasy verse. Don't get me wrong, sci-fy empires, Gaunter O'Dimm or djinns from Witcher verse will make short work of DA verse, but Geralt is not really on their level. HoF can solo dragons, purebreed dragons, while dragons usually mortal danger for Geralt. Moving on, look how Geralt loses to mage in his verse (main villain of the book series):

The Sorcerer took a step back. Geralt tensed, ready to pounce and deliver a blow. But Vilgefortz did not raise his hand, he stretched it a little to one side. Suddenly, in his hand, materialized a thick staff, about six feet long.

‘I know,’ he said. ‘what bothers you in a reasonable assessment of a situation. I know it is complicated and difficult to predict the future, your right. This is your arrogance, Geralt. I’ll undo your arrogance. I’ll undo it with this wand here.’

The witcher narrowed his eyes, lifting his blade slightly.

‘I tremble with anticipation.’

Some weeks later, cured thanks to the efforts of the Dryads and the water of Brokilon forest, Geralt reflected on the mistakes made during the fight. He came to the conclusion that he had not made any. The only error he committed was before the fight. He should have fled before the fighting began.

The Sorcerer was fast, the wand in his hand flashed like lightning. Greater was the astonishment of Geralt, when the wand rang against his sword. But there was no time to wonder. Vilgefortz attacked, the witcher had to dodge and squirm in evasion. He was afraid of parrying with his sword. The wand was made of iron and magic.

Four times he found himself in a position to counter attack and strike. Four times he struck a blow. In the head, neck, arm and in the thigh. Each of the blows would be fatal. But each was parried.

No man would be able to parry those blows. Geralt started to understand little by little. But it was too late.

He saw the blow that the sorcerer struck him. The impact threw him against the wall. He pushed with his back, failed to make a jump, to make a feint, the stroke had deprived him of breath. He received a second hit in the shoulder, flew back again, hitting his head against the pillar, against the chest of a caryatid. Vilgefortz turned away in a deft leap, he waved his stick and punched him in the stomach, below the ribs. Hard. Geralt doubled over and was struck on the side of the head. His knees weakened below him suddenly and he fell. And that was the end of the fight. In essence.

Clumsily he tried to shield himself with his sword. The blade pierced the wall and the pilaster, he erupted in a groan vibrant and clear. He protected his head with his right hand, the staff fell and broke his forearm. The pain blinded him completely.

‘I could ruin your brain through your ears.’ Vilgefortz said from far away. ‘But this is a lesson. You made a mistake, witcher. You have confused the surface of a pond as the sky with stars at night. Oh, did you vomit? Good. Brain injury. Do you bleed from the nose? Great. So, I’ll see you. Someday. Maybe.’

He saw nothing and heard nothing. Sinking, sinking into something warm. He thought that Vilgefortz had gone. He was surprised, then, when his leg felt the vengeance of the iron wand, shattering his femur.

Any following blows, even if they occurred, he could not remember.

You think that this mage must've had badass training, but:

‘The Druid Circle in Kovir,’ the wizard took a moment ‘found me in the gutter in Lan Exeter. They took me in and educated me. As a druid, of course. You know what a druid is? They are tramps, that walk through the world and kneel before the sacred oaks.’

The witcher stayed silent.

‘And then,’ continued Vilgefortz ‘during some druidic rituals my talents surfaced. Talents that clearly and without a doubt allowed them to determine my origins. I was conceived, of course, by accident, by two people, of whom at least one of them was a sorcerer.’

Geralt was silent.

‘The druid who discovered my humble abilities, of course, had fortuitously met a sorcerer.’ Vilgefortz calmly went on. ‘And he generously offered me an education and development and the prospect of joining the Brotherhood of Sorcerers.’

‘And you,’ said the witcher hollowly ‘accepted the offer.’

‘No.’ Vilgefortz voice became increasingly cold and unpleasant. ‘I rejected it in a less than polite, even rude way. I unloaded all of my rage on him. I wanted him to feel guilty, him and all his magical brotherhood. Guilty, for the gutter in Lan Exeter, guilty for one or two rogue sorcerers. The sorcerer, it was clear, neither understood nor was he bothered by what I said then. He shrugged and walked away, thus marking himself like all of his brethren, insensitive, arrogant, bastards worthy of the highest contempt.’

Geralt remained silent.

‘I was sick of the druids already.’ continued Vilgefortz sincerely. ‘So I left the sacred oak trees and went out into the world. I did many things. So I am ashamed of still to this day. I finally became a soldier for hire. My life unfolded as you can imagine, as a stereotype. A victorious soldier, a beaten soldier, a marauder, robber, rapist, murderer, and finally a fleeing fugitive to the end of the world from the noose. I ran away to the end of the world.

All in all, unless mind rape will work against HoF, Geralt loses here in direct combat.

Draukin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HoF is a better tactician and is a bit more skilled. I assume he has access to templar abilities in this fight so Geralt's signs wont be any trouble. But HoF loses due to speed.

Blood Mage&Arcane Warrior HoF can stomp the entire school of wolf though...