Avatar image for renegade_lantern
Renegade Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Renegade Lantern

Hercules can go toe to toe with the likes of Thor and Hulk. I'm not saying he would beat Diana, but she is not taking him out easily he deserves a little more credit....LOL

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Darkchild

Diana very easily

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Static Shock

Wonder Woman has beaten gods before, like Ares and Hades. What makes Hercules any different?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Methos

Renegade Lantern says:

"Hercules can go toe to toe with the likes of Thor and Hulk. I'm not saying he would beat Diana, but she is not taking him out easily he deserves a little more credit....LOL"

randomly, you actually raise a good point... we're all assuming this is Hercules from Marvel comics...

which version of Hercules is it? Marvel, DC, other?

M

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By the creator

If it's Marvel , then WW cleans his clock in short order.

If's it DC then it's far closer and could go either way.

mantoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mantoid

Wonder Woman, no doubt about it.

weather witch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By weather witch

my gurl would kick his a$$!!!!

Avatar image for renegade_lantern
Renegade Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Renegade Lantern

Methos says:

"Renegade Lantern says:
"Hercules can go toe to toe with the likes of Thor and Hulk. I'm not saying he would beat Diana, but she is not taking him out easily he deserves a little more credit....LOL"

randomly, you actually raise a good point... we're all assuming this is Hercules from Marvel comics...

which version of Hercules is it? Marvel, DC, other?

M"

I'm talking about Marvel Hercules!

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Static Shock

Then he loses.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Forever

Renegade Lantern says:

"I'm talking about Marvel Hercules! "

Youre ignoring the strength and speed differences between the companies' top tier, non cosmic, characters. Wonder Woman would defeat him without breaking a sweat.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Methos

Renegade Lantern says:

"I'm talking about Marvel Hercules! "

bit of a curb stomp then...

M

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Copy

In the JLA/Avengers crossover WW took care of Hercules with no problem at all.

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Titan3510

Renegade Lantern says:

"Methos says:
"Renegade Lantern says:
randomly, you actually raise a good point... we're all assuming this is Hercules from Marvel comics... which version of Hercules is it? Marvel, DC, other? M"
I'm talking about Marvel Hercules! "

Yeah it goes to Wonder Woman.

Avatar image for legendary_bio_vishanti
Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even Herc could take WW out.

Evilone65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Evilone65

Hercules and is anyone out their remebering he's a demigod? held up the world? WW would just be beaten to death.

Avatar image for akira_overdrive
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Akira Overdrive

I totally agree man,i say everyone who says WW is stupid,insane,crazy,or just normal :P

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Evilone65 says:

"Hercules and is anyone out their remebering he's a demigod? held up the world? WW would just be beaten to death."

Wonder Woman takes out FULL FLEDGE GODS so I fail to see how being a demi-god is a bonus?

He's not as fast, and not as strong. And I dare say she's a better all around warrior.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Hercules < Superman with boobs and high heels.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Eternal Chaos says:

"Hercules < Superman with boobs and high heels."

Lmao, I cant stand when you say that. Wonder Woman is nothing like Superman :P

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Nighthunter

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Gambler says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Hercules < Superman with boobs and high heels."
Lmao, I cant stand when you say that. Wonder Woman is nothing like Superman :P"

Lol, riiiiiiiiight. And One More Day is my favorite Spider-Man arc. LoL. Although I can't lie, Brand New Day is actuall pretty good.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Seriously, just cause she has Super Strength and Super Speed how does that make her the female Superman?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Gambler says:

"Seriously, just cause she has Super Strength and Super Speed how does that make her the female Superman?"

She was created to be like Superman, that's why she's so strong. I think it was to give off the whole "Women can do whatever Guys can do" thing, I forgot what it was, but I recall reading it here and seeing a special on it.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Eternal Chaos says:

"Gambler says:
"Seriously, just cause she has Super Strength and Super Speed how does that make her the female Superman?"

She was created to be like Superman, that's why she's so strong. I think it was to give off the whole "Women can do whatever Guys can do" thing, I forgot what it was, but I recall reading it here and seeing a special on it."

This may have been true back in the 60's (or whenever she was created) but her character evolved beyond that loooooooong ago. And if I'm not mistaken, that Wonder Woman, was Diana's mother.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Gambler says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gambler says:
She was created to be like Superman, that's why she's so strong. I think it was to give off the whole "Women can do whatever Guys can do" thing, I forgot what it was, but I recall reading it here and seeing a special on it."
This may have been true back in the 60's (or whenever she was created) but her character evolved beyond that loooooooong ago. And if I'm not mistaken, that Wonder Woman, was Diana's mother."

Hm. It's been changing so much I don't even know anymore. But let me ask you this, being that I'm not a DC fan, why exactly were there two Wonder Women?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I may have been wrong about the original Wonder Woman being Diana's mom. Her history got a make over after the original Crisis so who knows (Ms. Invisible probably :P)

I think her mother didn't become Wonder Woman until later on, something to do with Donna Troy.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Gambler says:

"I may have been wrong about the original Wonder Woman being Diana's mom. Her history got a make over after the original Crisis so who knows (Ms. Invisible probably :P) I think her mother didn't become Wonder Woman until later on, something to do with Donna Troy."

LoL. DC gets more confusing everyday. LoL. Too many Crisis.

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kuchiku

wonder bra...i mean wonder women lol

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Eternal Chaos says:

"Gambler says:

Yay, time for a Wonder Woman history lesson, kids!

She was never created to be like Superman, though part of your sentence may be correct with the "women can do whatever guys can do". What she was created for is a real mystery. On one side, you have people who say she was created because her creator, William Moulton Marston (WMM) was a feminist. His type of feminism was one where he thought women were superior to males, but he also believed that everyone should be subservient once in a while to keep peace in this world. Some people say she was created just for the younger girls out there, because she was created during the late 30s, early 40s and back then, they had the whole "women are equal too!" thing going on. WMM's views were considered very liberating back then and also very controversial.

On the other hand, you have people who say she was created only because he loved strong women and liked to be dominated by them. You can see a lot of subtexts in the Golden Age stories of Wonder Woman about dominance and submission.

I think the reason why she is compared to Superman so many times is because of what Gambler says. She has the same strength and speed as him, so she must be created just like him or whatever, but with some reading, she's actually like a complicated character eg. the stuff I just explained. I think there's more about her to be discovered but we just don't know it yet.

THE MORE YOU KNOW! [staaaarrrr]: WMM was also the inventor of the lie detector.
Post Edited:2008-01-26 02:50:36

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hadrelius

I have to go with Hercules. Wonder Woman isn't as durable as Hercules (who has taken bows from Thor's hammer and the Hulk). Wonder Woman has the speed for it to be a battle that Hercules would barely win.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Alpha says:

"I have to go with Hercules. Wonder Woman isn't as durable as Hercules (who has taken bows from Thor's hammer and the Hulk). Wonder Woman has the speed for it to be a battle that Hercules would barely win. "

All that says about Hercules is that he's to slow to get out of the way. Wonder Woman has gone toe to toe with Superman (and won) sure Herc can take a beating but so can Wonder Woman. But she wouldn't have to, she outclasses Herc in every aspect.

The Spartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The Spartan

Hercules, all the way.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hadrelius

Gambler says:

"Alpha says:
"I have to go with Hercules. Wonder Woman isn't as durable as Hercules (who has taken bows from Thor's hammer and the Hulk). Wonder Woman has the speed for it to be a battle that Hercules would barely win. "
All that says about Hercules is that he's to slow to get out of the way. Wonder Woman has gone toe to toe with Superman (and won) sure Herc can take a beating but so can Wonder Woman. But she wouldn't have to, she outclasses Herc in every aspect."

Not to get off subject but when did WW beat SM?

Wonder Woman is tough but need her braclets to protect her from attacks that Herc could take easily. Herc is too slow but Wonder Woman is a warrior, she would fight him toe to toe.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The Spartan says:

"Hercules, all the way."

Any reason why?

Alpha says:

"Gambler says:
"Alpha says:
All that says about Hercules is that he's to slow to get out of the way. Wonder Woman has gone toe to toe with Superman (and won) sure Herc can take a beating but so can Wonder Woman. But she wouldn't have to, she outclasses Herc in every aspect."

Not to get off subject but when did WW beat SM?

Wonder Woman is tough but need her braclets to protect her from attacks that Herc could take easily. Herc is too slow but Wonder Woman is a warrior, she would fight him toe to toe. "

Exactly, she's a warrior. And as such she would use every advantage she had. Standing toe to toe with someone you can easily outmaneuver doesn't make you warrior, it makes you

dumb.

Wonder Woman beat Superman right before the new Crisis event kicked off. heres a couple scans with the end result

If she can draw blood from the Man of Steel, I gotta believe she could do the same to Herc.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Hadrelius

Gambler says:

"The Spartan says:
"Hercules, all the way."
Any reason why? Alpha says:
"Gambler says:
"Alpha says:
Not to get off subject but when did WW beat SM? Wonder Woman is tough but need her braclets to protect her from attacks that Herc could take easily. Herc is too slow but Wonder Woman is a warrior, she would fight him toe to toe. "
Exactly, she's a warrior. And as such she would use every advantage she had. Standing toe to toe with someone you can easily outmaneuver doesn't make you warrior, it makes you dumb. Wonder Woman beat Superman right before the new Crisis event kicked off. *heres a couple scans with the end result* If she can draw blood from the Man of Steel, I gotta believe she could do the same to Herc."

She's a warrior like Herc, so she wouldn't want to win a battle with the type of advantgae. It wouldn't be a win of fighting skill. That would be like Herc using his hammer or his lion cloth. They both have honor and would want to prove that their skill and strength is superior. Why would this type a character run around using her speed? That's not fighting skill to me.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I fail to see your logic. This isn't a WBA sanctioned event sponsored by the Nevada Athletic Commission. These characters aren't gonna hold back, Wonder Woman especially. Thats what sets her apart from other heroes in the JLA. The fact that she's willing to do WHATEVER she has to. Hercules fought the Thing with his Hammer and Lions Cloth, why wouldn't he use em if he had em now? Why wouldn't Wonder Woman use her speed to dodge attacks? This makes no sense to me what so ever. You think she wouldn't use her lasso, or Terra? Hell she even fights with swords and shields. I've seen nothing in Wonder Woman's history that would suggest she would handicap herself in the interest of leveling the playing field.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hadrelius

Gambler says:

"I fail to see your logic. This isn't a WBA sanctioned event sponsored by the Nevada Athletic Commission. These characters aren't gonna hold back, Wonder Woman especially. Thats what sets her apart from other heroes in the JLA. The fact that she's willing to do **WHATEVER** she has to. Hercules fought the Thing with his Hammer and Lions Cloth, why wouldn't he use em if he had em now? Why wouldn't Wonder Woman use her speed to dodge attacks? This makes no sense to me what so ever. You think she wouldn't use her lasso, or Terra? Hell she even fights with swords and shields. I've seen nothing in Wonder Woman's history that would suggest she would handicap herself in the interest of leveling the playing field."

She has always been written as a character of honor. She wouldn't use weapons against an unarmed opponent and Herc has alwys been written that way as well. The other thing is the ego thing. Wonder Woman I think she would want to beat him hand to hand with her stength alone (that's the weakness that Batman used against her). I feel Herc's stronger durability would prevail.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Hadrelius

The other thing is she has been empowered by other greek gods that Herc has always been noted as being more powerful than.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The_Ghostshell

See your passing your own believes off onto Wonder Woman. Speculating what she would or would not do. I already pointed out that Hercules fought the Thing using his Hammer and Lion's cloth, where was the honor in that? Wonder Woman snapped Maxwell Lord's neck after he was tied up and defeated. Where's the honor in that?

Fighting Batman to gage where exactly she stands as it pertains to hand to hand combat, is not the same as taking on a character she doesn't know. I don't understand what makes you think Wonder Woman would handicap herself? Thats like saying Hercules is stronger, but because he's a warrior he would only use one arm to even out the strength. It makes no sense what so ever.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hadrelius

Gambler says:

"See your passing your own believes off onto Wonder Woman. Speculating what she would or would not do. I already pointed out that Hercules fought the Thing using his Hammer and Lion's cloth, where was the honor in that? Wonder Woman snapped Maxwell Lord's neck after he was tied up and defeated. Where's the honor in that? Fighting Batman to gage where exactly she stands as it pertains to hand to hand combat, is not the same as taking on a character she doesn't know. I don't understand what makes you think Wonder Woman would handicap herself? Thats like saying Hercules is stronger, but because he's a warrior he would only use one arm to even out the strength. It makes no sense what so ever."

We all are passing our ideas of the characters on these forums. We can only go on what we know of the characters. Powers and personality are all we can go on. What Wonder Woman did to Lord was out of desperation, which I think a character with honor would do in that situation. Don't know why a writer would have Herc fight the the Thing with those weapons, since based on powwer, he wouldn't need them to beat him (bad writing).

And she would know him. Herc is Herc in any universe. He's based on the myth. History beyond that may be different but origin in the same.

Keep in mind. It's all speculation. An exchange of opinions backed by what we have read.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Alpha says:

"Gambler says:
"See your passing your own believes off onto Wonder Woman. Speculating what she would or would not do. I already pointed out that Hercules fought the Thing using his Hammer and Lion's cloth, where was the honor in that? Wonder Woman snapped Maxwell Lord's neck after he was tied up and defeated. Where's the honor in that? Fighting Batman to gage where exactly she stands as it pertains to hand to hand combat, is not the same as taking on a character she doesn't know. I don't understand what makes you think Wonder Woman would handicap herself? Thats like saying Hercules is stronger, but because he's a warrior he would only use one arm to even out the strength. It makes no sense what so ever."

We all are passing our ideas of the characters on these forums. We can only go on what we know of the characters. Powers and personality are all we can go on. What Wonder Woman did to Lord was out of desperation, which I think a character with honor would do in that situation. Don't know why a writer would have Herc fight the the Thing with those weapons, since based on powwer, he wouldn't need them to beat him (bad writing).

And she would know him. Herc is Herc in any universe. He's based on the myth. History beyond that may be different but origin in the same.

Keep in mind. It's all speculation. An exchange of opinions backed by what we have read. "

Exactly, so where in Wonder Woman's history does she handicap herself in a fight? You've provided no examples of this. You call it bad writing, but in the latest issue of Incredible Hercules, he's fighting Wonderman, a good guy, a hero. And after he kicks his @$$, he picks up the flying transport that Wonderman and Ares arrived in, and repeatedly smashes him with it. But according to you, in a fight, Hercules would never use a weapon against an unarmed opponent due to honor.

In Wonder Woman #17 There's a mini civil war between Zeus, and Athena. Zeus picks his champion, and Athena picks hers. Wonder Woman not only uses weapons, a horse, and her speed, but she also uses the severed head of Medusa. Now in a contest of champion vs champion, wouldn't you think (by your theory) that she would have just tried to match strength with it?

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Hadrelius

Gambler says:

"Alpha says:
"Gambler says:
We all are passing our ideas of the characters on these forums. We can only go on what we know of the characters. Powers and personality are all we can go on. What Wonder Woman did to Lord was out of desperation, which I think a character with honor would do in that situation. Don't know why a writer would have Herc fight the the Thing with those weapons, since based on powwer, he wouldn't need them to beat him (bad writing). And she would know him. Herc is Herc in any universe. He's based on the myth. History beyond that may be different but origin in the same. Keep in mind. It's all speculation. An exchange of opinions backed by what we have read. "
Exactly, so where in Wonder Woman's history does she handicap herself in a fight? You've provided no examples of this. You call it bad writing, but in the latest issue of Incredible Hercules, he's fighting Wonderman, a good guy, a hero. And after he kicks his @$$, he picks up the flying transport that Wonderman and Ares arrived in, and repeatedly smashes him with it. But according to you, in a fight, Hercules would never use a weapon against an unarmed opponent due to honor. In Wonder Woman #17 There's a mini civil war between Zeus, and Athena. Zeus picks his champion, and Athena picks hers. Wonder Woman not only uses weapons, a horse, and her speed, but she also uses the severed head of Medusa. Now in a contest of champion vs champion, wouldn't you think (by your theory) that she would have just tried to match strength with it?"

Hercules does this to Wonderman after Ares shoots him with the posioned bullets. It drove him insane with pain.

Let's both stop making assumptions and go off of what this started off as: Hercules vs Wonder Woman (no weapons mentioned)

I feel Herc would win because he is more durable. Also, as I stated earlier, Wonder Woman has been empowered by gods that Hercules has always been noted to be more powerful.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Hadrelius

But if weapons are used.

Wonder Woman uses her speed and unbreakable lasso to tie him up. Fight over!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Sounds good. I'm still not sold that Herc is more durable, but lets say he is. It wouldn't be to the point where it was a major advantage. I don't believe he's stronger either. Diana's strength is equal to that of Superman, I don't believe Hercules is even in the ball park. And no matter what, the speed differential is something that cant be overlooked. She's a better fighter with more moves in her arsenal. She's not going to stand there and trade shots with Hercules simply for honor.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Hadrelius

Gambler says:

"Sounds good. I'm still not sold that Herc is more durable, but lets say he is. It wouldn't be to the point where it was a major advantage. I don't believe he's stronger either. Diana's strength is equal to that of Superman, I don't believe Hercules is even in the ball park. And no matter what, the speed differential is something that cant be overlooked. She's a better fighter with more moves in her arsenal. She's not going to stand there and trade shots with Hercules simply for honor. "

I don't think she's a better fighter. Even on this site, Hercules is listed to have centuries of fighting experience. As far as the durability, I base this on that she needs her braclets to deflect attacks that Hercules wouldn't. As far as strength, she is empowered by other greek gods that Hercules has always been said to be more powerful than.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Alpha says:

"Let's both stop making assumptions and go off of what this started off as: Hercules vs Wonder Woman (no weapons mentioned)I feel Herc would win because he is more durable. Also, as I stated earlier, Wonder Woman has been empowered by gods that Hercules has always been noted to be more powerful. "

Durability can only take you that far. Wonder Woman has mastered more than just Amazonian ways of fighting. She joined the JLA and there she learned from other members and knows heaps of fighting styles which I don't think a lot of people do realise.

Hercules may be more durable, but it's a little-known fact that Wonder Woman's brain is like a sponge. She'll absorb any tidbits of knowledge she finds useful and is a quick study. This is the lady that learned the basics of English in just a few hours and mastered it in a few weeks just by talking to native talkers of English and by books. The reason why she was chosen to be Wonder Woman was because she beat her sisters in a dueling matches because she studied how they fought and this is how she knew their weaknesses. Mind you, these are the ladies that were much older than her seeing as she was the youngest on Paradise Island, and would obviously have much more fighting experience than her.

Point is, if Hercules has the durability to withstand Wonder Woman, this is only going to benefit her in the long run. The longer they fight, the more she'll learn about Hercules and will find a way to slip Hercules up.