czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By czarny_samael666
@vidarrodinson said:
" I agree. Hercules takes this.  Swap Hercules with the Hulk or Thor.  Same thing.  Right "
Hulk would lose badly against Iceman. Thor has Mjolnir, superspeed, etc. He is completly different.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#52  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@Out_of_Space said:
" Rogue, Storm and Jean solos. "
Storm does not solo
GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By GhostRider29

Eh I'm starting to hate X-men fanboys...
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#54  Edited By SC  Moderator

X-Men win. 

Anyone with a Facebook account possibly might be able to look up the details on Rogue vs Ares. Mike Carey covered this. If your just going off one or two scans then you might like to know, Rogue was pretty injured before her fight, she has crashed though a window of a two story building after being knocked around by Moonstone (she is essentially human) then she taxed herself draining him for reasons such as just stated. I think there was another reason as the writer explained it. Anyway, the main point was the context of that absorption was different. Different context different results. We do know that she has absorbed Thor twice but struggled with Loki. Its not a power thing. I see no good reason to think she can't against Hercules. 

So one easy way X-Men win, is just to imbalance Hercules or put him off his feat long enough for Rogue to touch him. Storm could twirl him into the air, Iceman could freeze him (will be temporary) but his goal would be to slow down. Jean could start a telepathic offense. 3 ways to slow Herc enough for Rogue to become the Princess of Power and the Lioness of Olympus...  all she could gestalt and make it way easier. 

I think iceman and Storm would be a potent combo as well, and they are attacking from long distance. I think their are a few ways X-Men could get a win. 

I also see ways Hercules could win. His T-Clap would be disorientating, and he can literally tear into the earth and throw it at people. He is also really durable. Most of the X-Men characters her are not. A T-Clap or Foot stomp could take out Rogue and Angel potentially lol. Herc could just jump right up and smash into the ground. Add Cyke and Jean. Just depends. X-Men are pretty skilled though, and not amateurs, plus they cover each other pretty well. So I give Herc a few wins, but X-Men in my opinion should take majority, especially given thread conditions. 
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By Edgeworth_11
@GhostRider29:
What's up GR29? Why the hate? Hate the topic creator for making a one sided fight.
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By blackadam
@bag_o_x_men said:
" @blackadam said:
" @bag_o_x_men said:
" @blackadam said:
" @bag_o_x_men said:
"Most of them can BFR Herc.  Cyke, Bishop, Storm, Rogue, Jean, and Bobby can all BFR for the win.   Jean can win with TP or TK solo.  She can literally do anything she wants with him, drunk or not, morals or not, Phoenix Force or not.Bobby can match Herc for strength and has superior durability.  Herc has no attacks that can even hurt him as he is now.  While Bobby can toss him into space, or freeze him solid, or suck all the moisture from his body.Rogue has shown she can in fact absorb Gods.  So she can match Herc with his own strength, durability, and skill plus her own abilities.  To say nothing of the fact that she can become a gestalt character with Beast's intelligence, Wolverine's skills, hf, and senses, and everyone else's powers, including Herc.  Cyke could possibly get a ko.  Not likely but possible.  He could flay the flesh from WWH.  WWH>Herc.  And don't bother saying he isn't.  I can give you scans of regular Hulk stalemating Herc, and beating the entire Avengers including Herc.  Hell, even Warren could potentially pull off a BFR.  X-men stomp this.  Hercules has no chance.  Not even a thousandth of a percent.  This group of X-men could have beaten WWH...easily.  Herc goes down easier than that. "

this group of x- men can't beat wwhulk easily. warren can't pull a bfr

how iceman is durable than hercules now? how can iceman match hercules strength?

when absorbing ares powers she almost has a heart attack; ares is niot equal to hercules.

"
How do they not?  This group of X-Men includes Jean, who could take WWH alone.  And Bobby who could nearly do it.  Warren BFR'ing is a long shot, but with drunk Herc, and Warren being a former friend, I could see Herc hesitating and BFR happening.  Again, extremely unlikely, and just an illustration of the fact that Herc is outgunned here since one of the weakest members could potentially eliminate him from the battle.Bobby can increase his strength, size, and durability.    Bobby can match him physically, not to mention being able to freeze him or BFR him.  And Bobby can't be killed without tp, even if his entire body is destroyed.You are right about Rogue with Ares, but that was because she tried to overdo it.  She has also been unable to completely drain Magneto before.  As long as she doesn't try to put Herc down by draining him, which she should know better than to try, she can absorb his abilities and match him.  And it doesn't change that she can absorb abilities from everyone else and take him out.  "

so jean grey without phoenix can solo wwhulk? i highly doubt it.

thor is a friend of herc, yet he doesn't hesitate to fighh him, and to take him out. your statement of angel possibly taking out herc is ludicrous.

so iceman has matched a enemy above class hundred? i don't think so. iceman can take out hercules, but he can't match him in strength and durability. one thing is that he can recover an another is his durability. for example, wolverine can recover from a lot of damage because of his healing factor, yet he is not durable than thor.

she would just have a fraction of hec powers, that's not enough to take him out. she can copy the abilities of the other x-men, she would still have trouble with a foe like hercules.

most of  your statement are based on conjectures.

"
Yes Jean without Phoenix can solo Hulk.  That's just silly.  Jean, even without Phoenix, is still an Omega.
Iceman is capable of much above 100 class himself, and has the durability to match.  Not just the ability to repair, which as you pointed out is different.  And he wouldn't even have to do that.  He could jut freeze Herc.  He's frozen Legion, among others.   Legion >>>>>>>>>> Herc. 
Rogue has absorbed Juggernaut and Thor, I don't see why Herc would be any different.

Bobby grows in size, strength, and durability...to be fair, Cargil is not class 100, but this is a very small and weak iceform compared to some of Bobby's forms. 
I'll try to find the one where he's several hundred feet tall, and a match for Hulk in strength...

More Bobby giant and strong...

Bobby takes out Oblivion.  Oblivion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Herc.

Bobby gets blown up while human.  Immediately after he was back, so maybe you can tell me any way Herc can stop Bobby.  Any way at all?

Again, Bobby blown up while human.  This was the first time.  He reformed himself with water from Ginneyah's body after this.  So again, what will Herc do?

Speaking of reforming out of someone else, it took him a little time in this instance, but...

Rogue absorbing Thor and using his powers...
I think that's enough for now. "

yet it seems weird that rogue didn't get a heart attack from absorbing thor, and she gets one whiel absorbing ares? thor life energy is more than ares, i say this because his godblast comes from within him; i doubt rogue can absorb and energy capable of destroying a celestial armor. the same goes for the juggernaut, i doubt rogue can handle cyttorak magic.

so you're saying iceman can match hercules in strength? i doubt that, he doesn't have the feats herc have. for instance none iof the scans you posted prove your claims. you're saying iceman took out oblivion, yet he didn't took it on a physical fight, iceman froze him. none of the scans show iceman durability, however, they do show his ability to rebuild himself. you're claiming is has the same durability as hercules, prove it. those scans are useless to your argument. hercules in durability is on par with thor, if not above; i really don't see iceman on that level, i don't see iceman taking a shot from classic korvac and survaving. you claim he can match herc in strength, none of the opponent above are in herc strength league. hercules in on par with thor, iceman can match those two; again, none of the scans above help you.

so you have a scan of bobby matching the hulk in strength?, please post it

iceman can beat hercules, but it would not be that easy and he won't beat him in physical match as you claim. comparing legion to hercules won't serve your argument since hercules is durable than legion.

i seriously doubt jean grey would solo wwhulk.

again all your argument is based on pure conjectures. as you said i pointed out the difference between durability and rebuilding himself, however, you didn't seem to understand the difference as you haven't posted proof about iceman durability, without him having to rebuild himself.

i didn't say hercules can beat iceman, but iceman can match in strength and durability, if he doesn't flash freeze herc, he would get crushed, even do he rebuilds himself up.

you're taking things way out of context.

by the way, i wat to see that scan of iceman mathcing hulk in strength

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Edgeworth_11
@blackadam:
He doesn't have to match Hulk or Hercules in strength or durabiity to beat them.
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Susanoo

X-men wins unless Hercules decides to destroy the planet. Even then, Iceman will probably solo.
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By blackadam
@SC said:
"X-Men win. 

Anyone with a Facebook account possibly might be able to look up the details on Rogue vs Ares. Mike Carey covered this. If your just going off one or two scans then you might like to know, Rogue was pretty injured before her fight, she has crashed though a window of a two story building after being knocked around by Moonstone (she is essentially human) then she taxed herself draining him for reasons such as just stated. I think there was another reason as the writer explained it. Anyway, the main point was the context of that absorption was different. Different context different results. We do know that she has absorbed Thor twice but struggled with Loki. Its not a power thing. I see no good reason to think she can't against Hercules. 

So one easy way X-Men win, is just to imbalance Hercules or put him off his feat long enough for Rogue to touch him. Storm could twirl him into the air, Iceman could freeze him (will be temporary) but his goal would be to slow down. Jean could start a telepathic offense. 3 ways to slow Herc enough for Rogue to become the Princess of Power and the Lioness of Olympus...  all she could gestalt and make it way easier. 

I think iceman and Storm would be a potent combo as well, and they are attacking from long distance. I think their are a few ways X-Men could get a win. 

I also see ways Hercules could win. His T-Clap would be disorientating, and he can literally tear into the earth and throw it at people. He is also really durable. Most of the X-Men characters her are not. A T-Clap or Foot stomp could take out Rogue and Angel potentially lol. Herc could just jump right up and smash into the ground. Add Cyke and Jean. Just depends. X-Men are pretty skilled though, and not amateurs, plus they cover each other pretty well. So I give Herc a few wins, but X-Men in my opinion should take majority, especially given thread conditions. 
"

yet she almost has heart attack while absorbing ares, and he is not in the same league hercules is. the fact that she has absorbed thor that easily in the past makes me doubt of the feat validity. thor does not only have strength and durability, but his godly energies from within, the ones that allow him to do the godblast.  this energies, don't come from mjolnir but from thor himself, he uses mjlnir as a tool to channel his godly energy. not even mjolnir could withstand the massive energy release when thor went all out to brake a celestial armor, i seriously doubt rogue can take into her body all this energy.

even do if she manage to absorb some of hercules energy( which i doubt), that doesn't mean she would automatically win. hercules has always fought foes that are on his league if not above; for example, thor, hulk, namor( he is not above hercules), the god of the skrull,the thing, etc. whether rogue can absorb and match him in strength means nothing as hercules is still the beter fighter of the two.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SC  Moderator
@blackadam said: 

@SC said: 

"X-Men win. 

"

yet she almost has heart attack while absorbing ares, and he is not in the same league hercules is. the fact that she has absorbed thor that easily in the past makes me doubt of the feat validity. thor does not only have strength and durability, but his godly energies from within, the ones that allow him to do the godblast.  this energies, don't come from mjolnir but from thor himself, he uses mjlnir as a tool to channel his godly energy. not even mjolnir could withstand the massive energy release when thor went all out to brake a celestial armor, i seriously doubt rogue can take into her body all this energy.

even do if she manage to absorb some of hercules energy( which i doubt), that doesn't mean she would automatically win. hercules has always fought foes that are on his league if not above; for example, thor, hulk, namor( he is not above hercules), the god of the skrull,the thing, etc. whether rogue can absorb and match him in strength means nothing as hercules is still the beter fighter of the two. 

"
Hi. 

I already explained why, the writer already explained why. If I try and lifted my fridge right now? I probably could. If I jumped though glass out a second story window after being beat up my Moonstone and then tried to lift it? I would probably have a heart attack. Plus she almost had a heart attack, she was not just under extreme physical stress? I deal with specifics. Rogue's powers have nothing to do with what leagues people in. She has absorbed Thor three times. The first time as shown in the scan was her first appearance. How can her first appearance be inconsistent? Its okay my friend, you don't have to inform or educate of Thors abilities, I have read all his appearances. Even his issues with Power Pack. And Uri Geller. Great issue that one. I already know all the things you said. ^_^
You seriously doubt Rogue can do something she has done three times? Well hey, all the power to you. I hope you don't mind me respectfully disagreeing though, thats just how I roll. lol you can't change my mind by saying you doubt it? Feel free to doubt. I No Doubt (Gwen FTW) 

I don't recall saying she would automatically win? I am saying, if she wins, she wins, if she absorbs him like she did Thor, then I am saying the chances of her winning are high. Then what you say next is irrelevant to me, no offense. I love Hercules as much as I do Thor. No one is arguing that he can't fight above his weight and win. All heroes do this, and protagonists even more so. X-Men have defeated and beat high ended reality warpers, characters like Adversary, Horde, Proteous, and more. Characters far more powerful than Hercules. Does it mean they beat him? No. Because those characters aren't Hercules, and X-Men aren't Hulk, Namor or Thor. (hence why I find your statement irrelevant) (coincidentally X-Men have beat most of the characters you mentioned too, Rogue herself has taken down Thor and Thing, Storm and Cable Hulk)

Plus Rogue doesn't absorb powers (edit, just absorb powers), her effect of taking powers knocks the other character out. Rogue didn't just steal Thor's powers before she one shot Vision and owned Wonder Man, she knocked out Thor by taking his powers. She already had Cap Americas and Ms Marvels powers on top as well. The best way for Rogue to be circumvented powerwise, is by being extremely foul and vile, ala Mojo, Loki, new Fight Live Generation Hope kid. 

Take care.

(Also, if you reply to my post, I won't know, for some reason your reply doesn't notify me, like a few other posters, so I won't know if you reply, just leave a post on my wall if you want me to see, but up to you, I just don't post on VS that much and will reply if I get a notice but as i just said... thanks, take care)
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By blackadam
@SC said:
"@blackadam said: 

@SC said: 

"X-Men win. 

"

"
Hi. 

I already explained why, the writer already explained why. If I try and lifted my fridge right now? I probably could. If I jumped though glass out a second story window after being beat up my Moonstone and then tried to lift it? I would probably have a heart attack. Plus she almost had a heart attack, she was not just under extreme physical stress? I deal with specifics. Rogue's powers have nothing to do with what leagues people in. She has absorbed Thor three times. The first time as shown in the scan was her first appearance. How can her first appearance be inconsistent? Its okay my friend, you don't have to inform or educate of Thors abilities, I have read all his appearances. Even his issues with Power Pack. And Uri Geller. Great issue that one. I already know all the things you said. ^_^
You seriously doubt Rogue can do something she has done three times? Well hey, all the power to you. I hope you don't mind me respectfully disagreeing though, thats just how I roll. lol you can't change my mind by saying you doubt it? Feel free to doubt. I No Doubt (Gwen FTW) 

I don't recall saying she would automatically win? I am saying, if she wins, she wins, if she absorbs him like she did Thor, then I am saying the chances of her winning are high. Then what you say next is irrelevant to me, no offense. I love Hercules as much as I do Thor. No one is arguing that he can't fight above his weight and win. All heroes do this, and protagonists even more so. X-Men have defeated and beat high ended reality warpers, characters like Adversary, Horde, Proteous, and more. Characters far more powerful than Hercules. Does it mean they beat him? No. Because those characters aren't Hercules, and X-Men aren't Hulk, Namor or Thor. (hence why I find your statement irrelevant) (coincidentally X-Men have beat most of the characters you mentioned too, Rogue herself has taken down Thor and Thing, Storm and Cable Hulk)

Plus Rogue doesn't absorb powers (edit, just absorb powers), her effect of taking powers knocks the other character out. Rogue didn't just steal Thor's powers before she one shot Vision and owned Wonder Man, she knocked out Thor by taking his powers. She already had Cap Americas and Ms Marvels powers on top as well. The best way for Rogue to be circumvented powerwise, is by being extremely foul and vile, ala Mojo, Loki, new Fight Live Generation Hope kid. 

Take care.

(Also, if you reply to my post, I won't know, for some reason your reply doesn't notify me, like a few other posters, so I won't know if you reply, just leave a post on my wall if you want me to see, but up to you, I just don't post on VS that much and will reply if I get a notice but as i just said... thanks, take care)

well, i doubt the fact that rogue has absorb thor powers because her body can't store that kind of power. mjolnir can handle that kind of power i fail to see how rogue would do it, the whole thing was PIS. i fail to understand your argument about being "foul and vile". loki is powerfull, but he doens't have the same energy output thor has. as i already said, his godly energy is the  fuel of the godblast, a beam of energy capable of hurting galactus. again, i don't see rogue containing that kind of power. please do share the other two instances where rogue absorbs thor's power. i do not one instance is a what if, so don't bother to post that one.

being cut by glass or not, ares energy was too much for rogue. rogue powers have to do with the league people are; she, for instance, couldn't absorb the silver surfer. which would have been a major pis if she had.

i mentioned the enemies hercules have fought because they were on par with him and he still gave them a fight and sometimes beat them; so, rogue absorbing his powers and being able to match him in strength means next to nothing since he is more skilled than her. also, rogue touch didn't knock out martillo form the childres of the vault, i fail to see how that touch would knock a being with greater durability.

your statement is based on what if rogues touches hercules first. i could go by your logic and say: what if hercules knock her out first with one punch.

@Edgeworth_11 said:

"@blackadam: He doesn't have to match Hulk or Hercules in strength or durabiity to beat them. "

i'am not saying he has to, in fact i was saying iceman can beat hercules, but not in the way that guy is saying; which by the way is completely ludicrous.

he claiming that iceman can matc h hercules in strength and durability- which is not the case- i was asking for proof for his statement.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#62  Edited By AssertingValor

Hercules....................................... but not stomp............................................
AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#63  Edited By AssertingValor

@bag_o_x_men:
Herc doesnt need to kill bobby to beat him heeellllloooooooo....

one punch or thunder clap and they are all out for the 10 count...................................................................

blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By blackadam
@SC said:
"@blackadam said: 

@SC said: 

"X-Men win. 

"

"
Hi. 

Take care.

"

well, i doubt the fact that rogue has absorb thor powers because her body can't store that kind of power. mjolnir can handle that kind of power i fail to see how rogue would do it, the whole thing was PIS. i fail to understand your argument about being "foul and vile". loki is powerfull, but he doens't have the same energy output thor has. as i already said, his godly energy is the  fuel of the godblast, a beam of energy capable of hurting galactus. again, i don't see rogue containing that kind of power. please do share the other two instances where rogue absorbs thor's power. i do not one instance is a what if, so don't bother to post that one.

being cut by glass or not, ares energy was too much for rogue. rogue powers have to do with the league people are; she, for instance, couldn't absorb the silver surfer. which would have been a major pis if she had.

i mentioned the enemies hercules have fought because they were on par with him and he still gave them a fight and sometimes beat them; so, rogue absorbing his powers and being able to match him in strength means next to nothing since he is more skilled than her. also, rogue touch didn't knock out martillo form the childres of the vault, i fail to see how that touch would knock a being with greater durability.

your statement is based on what if rogues touches hercules first. i could go by your logic and say: what if hercules knock her out first with one punch.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SC  Moderator
@blackadam said:

So your actually proposing your own scenarios? Conjecture? You can't fail to see what's on panel, what you can do is make excuses, and if you want, feel free to. Your taking one incident with Ares where the writer, has explained why Rogue's powers weren't working optimally and suggesting that that is the case even though we know Rogue has absorbed Thor three times. 

I am not saying you have to agree with me, I am justifying my stance. 

I own every Rogue issue, I like her as much as Thor, read all the times she had trouble with absorbing characters, its because of their vile and foul nature. She tried absorbing Mojo and her skin got all bubbly and she fainted I think. Yes I know you already said that, lol ^_^

Adding the What If, makes it FOUR times. Rogue absorbed Thor in Contest of Champions (Brood was controlling her body) and I think maybe the Mesphito VS? That was special circumstances though. Don't suppose you could share just once when she failed to drain Thor yeah? 

Make up whatever stories you want. and no. Plus thats not why she couldn't absorb Surfer. She can't Wonder Man or Vision, or Rom either. I don't think you know how her powers work, so I wouldn't really be surprised if you thought something was PIS because it didn't comply with your opinion. 

Being on par is relative. Sometimes X-Men lose too. Rogue doesn't absorb powers then fight. She can, it depends. I am not arguing his skill. Unconscious peoples skills don't matter. her touch has nothing to do with durability. Thor's durability >> Emplates and she had more issue with Emplate. Sure, she won't always knock out a character, depends a lot, usually there is a reason. What will be Hercules reason? 

My statement isn't based on that at all and you straw man attack my logic and misunderstand it most grossly. Going byy your logic, a monkey might fall from the sky and eat both Rogue and Hercules. Or maybe I am just being snarky now and A. Choosing to misrepresent your point. B. Not understanding it so inserting my own flawed understanding. (or C. Pointing out how you either did A or B to my point) clearly in my first post I covered how Hercules could win, sheesh. (dude lol its even in my first post you quote, I think he could take her out with a T-Clap or foot stomp)

If you want to argue someone incessantly can you pick someone else please? I come to vs to have fun and have nice civil conversations with people. If you are here for that too? Cool. I am not here to flop out my willy to measure it and engage in back and forth discussions where the aim is to misunderstand and misrepresent what someone else is saying. 

For example, I know you have made up your mind about whether Rogue can absorb Thor, I think I know what your evidence is, its not good enough for me, clearly the panels where Rogue has absorbed Thor, to me shows she can, and as a fan of Mike Carey I have looked up the dude and seen him explain the behind the scenes of many of his comics. I am not trying to change your mind, and you can't change my mind. lol Most of your other statements trickle from there and your perspective of her powers I don't agree with. All I have read with interviews with CC and so on and all her appearances I find support my stance, so it is my stance. 

Most of all, if you are going to reply, try do so soon, or PM, me of Wall post me. Pllleeeeaaase, Otherwise I won't quote you next reply just reply lol Bwhaha *evil grin* (joke evil grin BTW)
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SC  Moderator
@blackadam:  Thank you for cleaning up your reply! Too late, I got the hard to read one, but I appreciate the effort none the less! ^___^
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By blackadam
@SC said:
" @blackadam said:

So your actually proposing your own scenarios? Conjecture? You can't fail to see what's on panel, what you can do is make excuses, and if you want, feel free to. Your taking one incident with Ares where the writer, has explained why Rogue's powers weren't working optimally and suggesting that that is the case even though we know Rogue has absorbed Thor three times. 

I am not saying you have to agree with me, I am justifying my stance. 

I own every Rogue issue, I like her as much as Thor, read all the times she had trouble with absorbing characters, its because of their vile and foul nature. She tried absorbing Mojo and her skin got all bubbly and she fainted I think. Yes I know you already said that, lol ^_^

Adding the What If, makes it FOUR times. Rogue absorbed Thor in Contest of Champions (Brood was controlling her body) and I think maybe the Mesphito VS? That was special circumstances though. Don't suppose you could share just once when she failed to drain Thor yeah? 

Make up whatever stories you want. and no. Plus thats not why she couldn't absorb Surfer. She can't Wonder Man or Vision, or Rom either. I don't think you know how her powers work, so I wouldn't really be surprised if you thought something was PIS because it didn't comply with your opinion. 

Being on par is relative. Sometimes X-Men lose too. Rogue doesn't absorb powers then fight. She can, it depends. I am not arguing his skill. Unconscious peoples skills don't matter. her touch has nothing to do with durability. Thor's durability >> Emplates and she had more issue with Emplate. Sure, she won't always knock out a character, depends a lot, usually there is a reason. What will be Hercules reason? 

My statement isn't based on that at all and you straw man attack my logic and misunderstand it most grossly. Going byy your logic, a monkey might fall from the sky and eat both Rogue and Hercules. Or maybe I am just being snarky now and A. Choosing to misrepresent your point. B. Not understanding it so inserting my own flawed understanding. (or C. Pointing out how you either did A or B to my point) clearly in my first post I covered how Hercules could win, sheesh. (dude lol its even in my first post you quote, I think he could take her out with a T-Clap or foot stomp)

If you want to argue someone incessantly can you pick someone else please? I come to vs to have fun and have nice civil conversations with people. If you are here for that too? Cool. I am not here to flop out my willy to measure it and engage in back and forth discussions where the aim is to misunderstand and misrepresent what someone else is saying. 

For example, I know you have made up your mind about whether Rogue can absorb Thor, I think I know what your evidence is, its not good enough for me, clearly the panels where Rogue has absorbed Thor, to me shows she can, and as a fan of Mike Carey I have looked up the dude and seen him explain the behind the scenes of many of his comics. I am not trying to change your mind, and you can't change my mind. lol Most of your other statements trickle from there and your perspective of her powers I don't agree with. All I have read with interviews with CC and so on and all her appearances I find support my stance, so it is my stance. 

Most of all, if you are going to reply, try do so soon, or PM, me of Wall post me. Pllleeeeaaase, Otherwise I won't quote you next reply just reply lol Bwhaha *evil grin* (joke evil grin BTW)
"

half of your post doesn't make any sense, at all.  please stay on the subject. i'm not arguing with you, nor fighting, but i was making my point by correcting some things that i consider are wrong in your posts. nor  i am offending you, but is that an excuse to not debate, then so be it. but do not take things out of context

to organizze things up:

1. post the  three instance where rogue absorbed thor. so you're counting a what if?

2. please explain your "foul/ vile theory" because i really don't get it

3. so, do you think rogue can asbsorb the surfer?

4 is pis because i really don't see how can rigue contain the godly energies of thor, which are the source of the godblast.

5. even if rogue manage to absorb hercules powers doens't mean she can beat him. hercules has dealt with a lot of enemies that are class 100 and won. rogue won't be the exception.

coul care less about what awritter says, even do if is someone as good as mike carey. for example, take what bendis said about ares giving a fight to odin force thor, that's ridiculous.

goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By goldenshot80
@MellowYellowFellow said:
" To be honest.... I think if Hercules wasn't that drunk and he had No Morals too. Then i think Hercules could take the X-Men. Hercules Durability and Stamina is ridicules High to the point where all the blasts and punches form the battle really wouldn't phase him. Ya sure it would Hurt like hell. But still with Hercules History from taking Beatings and always coming out on top when ever he has taking on Cosmic beings. So with that sad i don't think the X-men could really win this one. But thats just my opinion. "
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SC  Moderator
@blackadam said:
" half of your post doesn't make any sense, at all.  please stay on the subject. i'm not arguing with you, nor fighting, but i was making my point by correcting some things that i consider are wrong in your posts. nor  i am offending you, but is that an excuse to not debate, then so be it. but do not take things out of context

to organizze things up:

1. post the  three instance where rogue absorbed thor. so you're counting a what if?

4 is pis because i really don't see how can rigue contain the godly energies of thor, which are the source of the godblast.

5. even if rogue manage to absorb hercules powers doens't mean she can beat him. hercules has dealt with a lot of enemies that are class 100 and won. rogue won't be the exception.

coul care less about what awritter says, even do if is someone as good as mike carey. for example, take what bendis said about ares giving a fight to odin force thor, that's ridiculous."

So you mean half my post you can't comprehend? I mean jeez, buddy if we could so easy dismiss half a persons argument, why not go full monty and just say the whole thing makes no sense? Everything you say makes no sense. lol =p

Nothing is wrong with my post, so we disagree there right? You just said you were correcting some wrong things in my post? I point out how you are wrong? So we are exchanging arguments. 

You are not offending me, so I know, I am just not looking to discuss these things with certain posters? Are you one of those certain posters? I am not sure, lets find out? =D

Who said I was making excuses not to debate? This is what I mean, you like to assert things that aren't there. Like lets say I said, you kill old people in the face for fun? With.. high heels on? Get a bit annoyed when someone is telling you what your doing? 

You don't understand much of my context as demonstrated already, so your position on what is and isn't taken out of context is invalid. 

I appreciate your attempt to organize our disagreement though, much appreciated! *smile* 

1. No. Why should I? You either believe me, or you don't. I ain't scanning in posts for a cynic. I ALREADY posted the three times. Those three times weren't What Ifs. I said it would be 4 times including the What If. 
2. Its not a theory, its a recognized aspect of her power. Rogue's inability to absorb a characters power, has less to the extent of the more, and more of the type of power. Characters with strong minds like Sinister and Spiral can take over her body, characters like Wonder Man and Silver Surfer where their skin is less organic than is, and characters like Mojo and Loki who powers have some sort of foul aspect to them, she doesn't do well with either. All those characters have different power levels, Rogue has absorbed many characters more powerful. You follow my point? 
3. Have I said that? No, I know she can't. Do you think Hercules can kill the Living Tribunal? 
4. Its plot induced stupidity... because... you don't see what Rogue has done three times, once in her. First. Appearance? Thats fine by me, I disagree based on the fact that she has three times. I could make devils advocate arguments for why nothing ever printed in a comic makes sense. I find the idea of this working out this way, valid. 
5. I am not thinking Rogue takes his strength. Then fights him. Why think that, when he should be knocked out? Rogue has a better record against 100 ton plus characters than Hercules has. Rogue has beat Thor in three panels and soloed an Avengers team. Hercules won't be the exception, according to their history. 
6. Thats fine. I disagree. For example Bendis was not answering a fans question in a factual manner. Anyone who knows anything about Bendis knows he is not the type of writer to engage a fan like a VS battler would. Who ever Bendis is writing at the time will be given positive treatment. Bendis often gives joke answers to questions. Bendis needed people to quote him, and talk about him, and talk about Ares because thats the kind of writer Bendis is. Bendis saying that gets more people interested in Ares the character and gets them to read Mighty Avengers! Mike Carey giving info on a characters powers and actions during a comic he wrote, is a completely different context to Bendis giving a joke answer to a fan randomly. Did Bendis have Ares fly at Galactus head? Did Bendis have Ares kill Sentry? Did Bendis not have Iron Man say Thor was the greatest Avenger and have Ultron compare Ares unfavorably to Thor? Now, all that is said and done, you still don't have to care what Carey has said. I do. Thats me. It helps mould my opinion. Even if we didn't have that, Rogue has still absorbed characters more powerful than Hercules. Rogue has still beat characters more powerful than Hercules. Here I think she will need help, and that Hercules can still win regardless, since like I detailed, a Herc T-Clap could take out Rogue. Then again, Storm's wind could toss World War Hulk around. Thats quite enough time for Rogue to have a shot and draining Herc. 

blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By blackadam
@SC said:
" @blackadam said:
" half of your post doesn't make any sense, at all.  please stay on the subject. i'm not arguing with you, nor fighting, but i was making my point by correcting some things that i consider are wrong in your posts. nor  i am offending you, but is that an excuse to not debate, then so be it. but do not take things out of context

to organizze things up:

coul care less about what awritter says, even do if is someone as good as mike carey. for example, take what bendis said about ares giving a fight to odin force thor, that's ridiculous."

So you mean half my post you can't comprehend? I mean jeez, buddy if we could so easy dismiss half a persons argument, why not go full monty and just say the whole thing makes no sense? Everything you say makes no sense. lol =p

Nothing is wrong with my post, so we disagree there right? You just said you were correcting some wrong things in my post? I point out how you are wrong? So we are exchanging arguments. 

You are not offending me, so I know, I am just not looking to discuss these things with certain posters? Are you one of those certain posters? I am not sure, lets find out? =D

Who said I was making excuses not to debate? This is what I mean, you like to assert things that aren't there. Like lets say I said, you kill old people in the face for fun? With.. high heels on? Get a bit annoyed when someone is telling you what your doing? 

You don't understand much of my context as demonstrated already, so your position on what is and isn't taken out of context is invalid. 

I appreciate your attempt to organize our disagreement though, much appreciated! *smile* 

1. No. Why should I? You either believe me, or you don't. I ain't scanning in posts for a cynic. I ALREADY posted the three times. Those three times weren't What Ifs. I said it would be 4 times including the What If. 
2. Its not a theory, its a recognized aspect of her power. Rogue's inability to absorb a characters power, has less to the extent of the more, and more of the type of power. Characters with strong minds like Sinister and Spiral can take over her body, characters like Wonder Man and Silver Surfer where their skin is less organic than is, and characters like Mojo and Loki who powers have some sort of foul aspect to them, she doesn't do well with either. All those characters have different power levels, Rogue has absorbed many characters more powerful. You follow my point? 
3. Have I said that? No, I know she can't. Do you think Hercules can kill the Living Tribunal? 
4. Its plot induced stupidity... because... you don't see what Rogue has done three times, once in her. First. Appearance? Thats fine by me, I disagree based on the fact that she has three times. I could make devils advocate arguments for why nothing ever printed in a comic makes sense. I find the idea of this working out this way, valid. 
5. I am not thinking Rogue takes his strength. Then fights him. Why think that, when he should be knocked out? Rogue has a better record against 100 ton plus characters than Hercules has. Rogue has beat Thor in three panels and soloed an Avengers team. Hercules won't be the exception, according to their history. 
6. Thats fine. I disagree. For example Bendis was not answering a fans question in a factual manner. Anyone who knows anything about Bendis knows he is not the type of writer to engage a fan like a VS battler would. Who ever Bendis is writing at the time will be given positive treatment. Bendis often gives joke answers to questions. Bendis needed people to quote him, and talk about him, and talk about Ares because thats the kind of writer Bendis is. Bendis saying that gets more people interested in Ares the character and gets them to read Mighty Avengers! Mike Carey giving info on a characters powers and actions during a comic he wrote, is a completely different context to Bendis giving a joke answer to a fan randomly. Did Bendis have Ares fly at Galactus head? Did Bendis have Ares kill Sentry? Did Bendis not have Iron Man say Thor was the greatest Avenger and have Ultron compare Ares unfavorably to Thor? Now, all that is said and done, you still don't have to care what Carey has said. I do. Thats me. It helps mould my opinion. Even if we didn't have that, Rogue has still absorbed characters more powerful than Hercules. Rogue has still beat characters more powerful than Hercules. Here I think she will need help, and that Hercules can still win regardless, since like I detailed, a Herc T-Clap could take out Rogue. Then again, Storm's wind could toss World War Hulk around. Thats quite enough time for Rogue to have a shot and draining Herc. 

"

half of your post didn't have anything to do with the topic, you were doing a monologue.

1. you should, you're claiming something, you need proof. calling me cynic for asking for proof is a poor excuse. i have only seen one scan posted of rogue absrobing thor's powers

2. i saw the scans when rogue tried to absrob the ss, it was stated that she could absrob his powers, because his skin was still somewhat organic. she couldn't absorb the silver surfer powers because of her limits. if yoiu wan post the scan then, or am i being cynic?

3. you clearly said that was not the reason she couldn't absorb the surfer, then i asked you if you think so. again stay on topic, saying nonsense won't help you.

4. i have seen a lot of pis that happen quiet often, that doens't mean they are valid.

5.  how can she ko hercules, when ares wans't knocked? how can she knocked out hercules, when martillo, from the children of the vault, wasn't knocked when she absorbed his powers. is logical that she tries to fight hercules after absorbing his powers, then why else she would try to do that? care to mention which characters rogue has beaten that are stronger than hercules? so, rogue beat thor in a strength match? that scan shows she ko him by absorbing his power( which is bad writting), not in physical match. you're taking things out of context, again. rogue had failed to ko characters that are far weaker than hercules.

6. still what a writters sayd means nothing, just one writter can't change the history of the characters and his feats.

she didn't knock him out by just touching him

blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By blackadam

absorbing the little godly energies of an agonizing thor, barely prove anything.

she only freed thor sould for mephisto to have it, while thor was in weak state. also, mephisto states that he can't keep thor's soul for long due to rogue's powers limit. even do thor is almost dying.

am i cynic for posting this scans?

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By spiderbuck1

Herc is just too much for this group.  
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Edgeworth_11
@spiderbuck:
No. Some of them solo, such as Jean, Iceman, Storm and maybe Rogue if she has the right powerset.
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By SC  Moderator
@blackadam said:

half of your post didn't have anything to do with the topic, you were doing a monologue.

1. you should, you're claiming something, you need proof. calling me cynic for asking for proof is a poor excuse. i have only seen one scan posted of rogue absrobing thor's powers

2. i saw the scans when rogue tried to absrob the ss, it was stated that she could absrob his powers, because his skin was still somewhat organic. she couldn't absorb the silver surfer powers because of her limits. if yoiu wan post the scan then, or am i being cynic?

3. you clearly said that was not the reason she couldn't absorb the surfer, then i asked you if you think so. again stay on topic, saying nonsense won't help you.

4. i have seen a lot of pis that happen quiet often, that doens't mean they are valid.

5.  how can she ko hercules, when ares wans't knocked? how can she knocked out hercules, when martillo, from the children of the vault, wasn't knocked when she absorbed his powers. is logical that she tries to fight hercules after absorbing his powers, then why else she would try to do that? care to mention which characters rogue has beaten that are stronger than hercules? so, rogue beat thor in a strength match? that scan shows she ko him by absorbing his power( which is bad writting), not in physical match. you're taking things out of context, again. rogue had failed to ko characters that are far weaker than hercules.

6. still what a writters sayd means nothing, just one writter can't change the history of the characters and his feats

she didn't knock him out by just touching him"

Half your post is you saying you don't understand. I am not a teacher, I am not here to try and make you understand, if you don't understand, hint, maybe stop trying and stick to having your own opinion. My 6 year old sister doesn't understand physics. Its pointless from me yo even try at this stage explaining it to her. 

1. No, I shouldn't, I don't need proof, I am calling you a cynic, because you have already seen the scan, but you are making an excuse for why you don't think what happened was valid. You provide a scan as to why you don't think its valid. A scan showing why you don't think Rogue absorbing Thor is valid. I have never seen a white lion in real life. Does this mean that they don't exist? Maybe if I was being extremely cynical. Just because you haven't seen something, does not mean it hasn't happened. Ignorance is not an argument. Admission of ignorance phased differently is not an argument either. 
2. You saw the scans? Do you even own and read though any issues? Sure she got a read of him, but she got feedback. Did you even read my statement? I have what happened, no scans necessary unless your trying to provide conjecture again. 
3. Dude this is what I meant about before? If you can't handle someone disagreeing with you, then maybe stop going around quoting people to disagree with them if you can't do it nicer eh? Stay on topic? Stop stealing pens from your friends. Stationary theft is one of the leading problems of the modern lifestyle. lol I take it your lack of answer means you think Hercules beats Living Tribunal? You clearly say this. Do you know what a straw man argument is? This question? Its on topic okay, can you answer that one for me? 
4. Okay, so we have different comic philosophies, thats cool, you cherry pick, and I don't. I don't think there is any PIS in comics, since all comics by their nature and definition are PIS generally. PIS is a term made up for VS boards to make discussions easier. The easiest way to actually deal with PIS is understanding the context of why something inconsistent occurred and choosing how to deal with all those pieces of information. So you might think some issues are PIS, I would say your just cherry picking answers that appease your own personal opinions. In other words, you do, not, get to decide what is valid or not, for anyone but yourself. So trying to tell other people, namely me, is pointless. 
5. Is Hercules Ares? Okay, you don't read comics do you? You don't know that Rogue's powers have changed and she can choose not to knock people out since about 2 years ago? She has better control, so she can take bits and pieces and degrees of power rather than all of it. Why are you asking me questions that are obvious to anyone familiar with the character, but stubbornly insisting otherwise, because... i don't know, thats my question to you? Did you not know this about the character?. Its not logical that she would fight Hercules with her power, if she could chose to knock him out This is what I mean, before about you not knowing or understanding the character and their powers. Once again, you do not understand the context, as opposed to me taking things out of context. 
6. lol, you still actually think Brian Michael Bendis though Ares would beat Thor? To me, you don't understand what writers are saying when they move their mouths. For the 34th time, THATS OKAY. TO ME, writers explaining what happens in an issue, DOES MEAN SOMETHING. I don't care if it doesn't to you. Lots of writers have made mistakes on page and what they said in real life to fix said error was the official Marvel canon. Brubaker did this with Vulcan, Stan lee made a bunch of mistakes ages ago that had to be fixed by word of mouth. Then updated later on. You can't comprehend how writers expand on their own writing and so chose to apply another strawman argument? 

I put some of those words in caps to be extra obnoxious ^_^. Have you ever met someone you disagreed with? It can't be a new concept yes? I suppose you think Strawberry milkshakes, are better than banana milkshakes? Would you like to tell me how banana milkshakes don't matter as well? 

And no she didn't knock him out from touching that dude in your scan. She doesn't need to now, she has better control of her powers, she would rather knock him out, thats her choice. She does that time to time. 
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SC  Moderator
@blackadam:  No, not a cynic at all, just rather you are suddenly keen to explore the details here when you feel the context lends support to your opinion, but you are all to quick to simplify Rogue absorbing Ares. 

Now am I a cynic for pointing that out to you? Or do you just not understand the context of what you are doing? You do realize that Mep was talking about the time limit? 

Its odd how to you, limit automatically means power? You do know the word limit is available in multiple contexts beyond the one you wish it to be? 

This is what I mean before, you are not here to share your opinion, you give me that vibe of the worst type of VS board poster who is only interested in trying to argue by vehemence. I am okay with you disagreeing with me, and interpreting what comics we have discussed anyway you want, I am not saying my interpretation is the right one either, the context I understand from the panels, supports my opinion. Your lack of getting or understanding that context,m won't get me to change my opinion. You have zero information I do not also have. Furthermore it sounds like you haven't even read as much on the character as me, which si relevant because there is a matter of consistency at play here. Also about evolution of characters powers. 

Take care man. 
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Thor's hammmer

these x men take it mainly do to boby. how much TK resistance does Herc have? cause I know even a regular god or Godess has some.
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Thor's hammmer

oh and Rogue taking Thor's power was non canon she almost died from talking less than half of Ares power and that was canon. and Herc>>>>>>>>>>>Ares so she's not stealing his powers either.
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By SC  Moderator
@Thor's hammmer said:
" these x men take it mainly do to boby. how much TK resistance does Herc have? cause I know even a regular god or Godess has some. "

You mean TP resistance? TK is telekinesis resistance. Herc has no amazing telepathy resistant feats, but as a general rule, its likely he has the same level as Thor and Ares which is a wide net. 

@Thor's hammmer said:
" oh and Rogue taking Thor's power was non canon she almost died from talking less than half of Ares power and that was canon. and Herc>>>>>>>>>>>Ares so she's not stealing his powers either. "

Marvel states its canon. One can disagree, or think its PIS, or find other cannon examples which might show that instance to be inconsistent, but its still one hundred percent, factually canon. Why would someone think something isn't canon based on something which happens in a different context. 

If I ate a banana for breakfast today, and an apple for breakfast tomorrow, does my breakfast from today become non canon? Not that I disagree with your assertion she can't take his powers, but the reasoning you out forward seems a bit faulty on the basis that Marvel decides what's canon and Avengers Annual #10 (or whatever Rogues first appearance) is canon. 
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Thor's hammmer

@SC: if his TP Resistence in on the level of a regular God or Goddess Jean can probably mind rape him if it's on the same level as Thor thats not happening. and sorry i thought that was from a what if?
pcbh168

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By pcbh168

Herc's a powerhouse, but he can't defeat this team.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By SC  Moderator
@Thor's hammmer said:
" @SC: if his TP Resistence in on the level of a regular God or Goddess Jean can probably mind rape him if it's on the same level as Thor thats not happening. and sorry i thought that was from a what if? "

Indeed, therein lies the issue for many. How good is Hercules telepathy. Personally I rate it pretty high, so I don't think Jean can win by herself. She will need help and at best might be a good distraction. 

Oh its all good *smile* 
alexandrinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By alexandrinus

I also can't see Hercules win here. But i do believe it would be difficult for the X-men. I don't think none of the X-men could do it solo. Besides being a expert figther, Hercules has proven to being able to use what's around him to is advantage. One could argue that Cicclops could blast him from affar. But Hercules has already doge and beaten many opponents wich fire optic blasts (and all of them powerfull - Ikaris from the Eternals and one of the Skrull gods wich I don't remember his name now). Besides being able to use the serroudings to stop the fire blasts from hitting him (grabbing a huge rock in front of him) each time he was actually hit, didn't stop him (slow him, yes).

Storm could be a major threat  here with all her weather powers but Hercules has resisted being hit by lightening from both Thor and even Zeus and that didn't stop him. And I do believe both are more powerfull than Storm. Hercules could actually grab a little piece of something (some rubble) and throw it at Strom with such strenght that she wouldn't be able to dodge, even flying.

Everyone says Rogue could drain his power, if she could get behind him. But people seem to forget that she actually takes some time to drain someone's power. it's not instantly. That could give Hercules enough time to get rid of her.

Wolverine, even though loved by everyone, I don't think he poses any threat. A few punches and he would be done (much like Hulk did to him). Maybe the biggest threats here would actually be Jean and Ice man (Beast is strong and fast but Hercules has proven to be fast enough to hit a dodging spiderman).

But like I said, all of them attacking Hercules at the same time, would take him down eventually..

blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By blackadam
@SC said:
"@blackadam said:

6. still what a writters sayd means nothing, just one writter can't change the history of the characters and his feats

she didn't knock him out by just touching him"

Half your post is you saying you don't understand. I am not a teacher, I am not here to try and make you understand, if you don't understand, hint, maybe stop trying and stick to having your own opinion. My 6 year old sister doesn't understand physics. Its pointless from me yo even try at this stage explaining it to her. 

1. No, I shouldn't, I don't need proof, I am calling you a cynic, because you have already seen the scan, but you are making an excuse for why you don't think what happened was valid. You provide a scan as to why you don't think its valid. A scan showing why you don't think Rogue absorbing Thor is valid. I have never seen a white lion in real life. Does this mean that they don't exist? Maybe if I was being extremely cynical. Just because you haven't seen something, does not mean it hasn't happened. Ignorance is not an argument. Admission of ignorance phased differently is not an argument either. 
2. You saw the scans? Do you even own and read though any issues? Sure she got a read of him, but she got feedback. Did you even read my statement? I have what happened, no scans necessary unless your trying to provide conjecture again. 
3. Dude this is what I meant about before? If you can't handle someone disagreeing with you, then maybe stop going around quoting people to disagree with them if you can't do it nicer eh? Stay on topic? Stop stealing pens from your friends. Stationary theft is one of the leading problems of the modern lifestyle. lol I take it your lack of answer means you think Hercules beats Living Tribunal? You clearly say this. Do you know what a straw man argument is? This question? Its on topic okay, can you answer that one for me? 
4. Okay, so we have different comic philosophies, thats cool, you cherry pick, and I don't. I don't think there is any PIS in comics, since all comics by their nature and definition are PIS generally. PIS is a term made up for VS boards to make discussions easier. The easiest way to actually deal with PIS is understanding the context of why something inconsistent occurred and choosing how to deal with all those pieces of information. So you might think some issues are PIS, I would say your just cherry picking answers that appease your own personal opinions. In other words, you do, not, get to decide what is valid or not, for anyone but yourself. So trying to tell other people, namely me, is pointless. 
5. Is Hercules Ares? Okay, you don't read comics do you? You don't know that Rogue's powers have changed and she can choose not to knock people out since about 2 years ago? She has better control, so she can take bits and pieces and degrees of power rather than all of it. Why are you asking me questions that are obvious to anyone familiar with the character, but stubbornly insisting otherwise, because... i don't know, thats my question to you? Did you not know this about the character?. Its not logical that she would fight Hercules with her power, if she could chose to knock him out This is what I mean, before about you not knowing or understanding the character and their powers. Once again, you do not understand the context, as opposed to me taking things out of context. 
6. lol, you still actually think Brian Michael Bendis though Ares would beat Thor? To me, you don't understand what writers are saying when they move their mouths. For the 34th time, THATS OKAY. TO ME, writers explaining what happens in an issue, DOES MEAN SOMETHING. I don't care if it doesn't to you. Lots of writers have made mistakes on page and what they said in real life to fix said error was the official Marvel canon. Brubaker did this with Vulcan, Stan lee made a bunch of mistakes ages ago that had to be fixed by word of mouth. Then updated later on. You can't comprehend how writers expand on their own writing and so chose to apply another strawman argument? 

I put some of those words in caps to be extra obnoxious ^_^. Have you ever met someone you disagreed with? It can't be a new concept yes? I suppose you think Strawberry milkshakes, are better than banana milkshakes? Would you like to tell me how banana milkshakes don't matter as well? 

And no she didn't knock him out from touching that dude in your scan. She doesn't need to now, she has better control of her powers, she would rather knock him out, thats her choice. She does that time to time. 
"

1. i was asking for the scans because you clearly were taking things out of context, for example the scans i just posted of rogue barely absorbing the energies of a dying thor, i find that hardly fair. you claim there three instances were rogue absorbs thor's power, yet i only found this one and the other one already posted.  i mean, if you're going to to debate at least back up your statement with proof.

2. i'm not the one providing the conjectures, because i do post the scans so eveyone can see it, instead of just take my word for it

3. irrelevant to the topic

4.so, according to your logic of non pis in comics  because they are already pis, spiderman can beat firelord? what's exactly the context of the scan i just posted

5. funny that you mention that, because reading mephisto vs the x-men she kissed him and mephisto wasn't knocked out, though to be fair he was a little drained. this, of course, was outside of hell. mephisto doesn't have the same durability as thor or hercules, meaning beings with higher durability can withstand rogue touch( after all mephisto is durable than her). i also saw the juggernaut scan, and the juggernaut was out, apperantly from a heart attack, what happened next? this was a depowered juggernaut? please, again, provide evidence. it would not be that hard since you had read all of this comics.

don't get mad because i reply to your post, after all this is debate. we're debating because we do not agree with each other and we need to prove our points, if you don't like this fine, but don't get mad because someone is correcting.

again, stay on topic. you're question are irrelevant to me, if you0re getting mad becaiuse of this then don't do it.

blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By blackadam
@Thor's hammmer said:
"oh and Rogue taking Thor's power was non canon she almost died from talking less than half of Ares power and that was canon. and Herc>>>>>>>>>>>Ares so she's not stealing his powers either. "

rogue has done it just one time in continuity, not three times as some people claim. i find it odd how can her body withstand the godly energies of thor
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By SC  Moderator
@blackadam said:

" 1. i was asking for the scans because "

No thats not how you ask for scans. If you want scans, ask nicely, don't demand scans, and do not expect scans because you are under the mistaken assumption that someone needs them as proof for what they hold as an opinion. So good sir, you did not ask for scans, you demanded scans. 

because you clearly were taking things out of context, 

Clearly out of context according to you, one who fails at understanding context and can't understand half of my post? My statements were in proper context, you failed at recognizing them, and now your lashing out for whatever reason. 

for example the scans i just posted of rogue barely absorbing the energies of a dying thor,

According to you. What you fail to realize is that that is your understanding of the situation. This is very funny because previously you dismissed someone else arguments as conjuncture but now you are guilty of the same arguments. There was no barely either. You misconstrued talk of a limit being a power limit, when it was a time limit. So naturally its extremely obvious between you and me who is taking things "clearly" out of context, because you can not even read the comic as it is intended. 

yet i only found this one and the other one already posted.

Ignorance is not an argument. I find it funny you had to find these issues as opposed to remember them. It seems that wikipedia and KMC is your friend and you aren't in fact knowledgeable of these characters at all? If you don't believe me? Then say that. I do not believe you. That way we can short cut your argument. Anyone who knows these characters doesn't need scans. What kind of flawed and weak argument is that? I didn't read it so it didn't happen? Save that type of argument for the ignorant, it won't work here with me if you are trying to change my opinion. 

I mean, if you're going to to debate at least back up your statement with proof.

Who said I am debating? I am justifying my opinion. If I wanted a debate I would look for a poster who knew how to debate and one with better manners. I have as much proof as I need. You also quite strangely assert that you have proof for your assertions? Yet funnily enough, you have given no proof or arguments for your conjecture and your can't even understand my argument. Just look at my first post where i talk about how Hercules can win and take out Rogue rather easy and then you quoted me and tried to argue I didn't think of that possibility? Someone call Moby Dick, I think I see a fail whale! =p

i'm not the one providing the conjectures, because i do post the scans so eveyone can see it, instead of just take my word for it

You think that Rogue struggling to Ares means that she would struggle to absorb Hercules... because Hercules IS Ares? Yet you have no factual proof of this? So you don't actually understand what the word conjecture is? You post scans because you think thats a way to prove an argument. Maybe to someone who knows jack about comics. Anyone with an ounce of brain power knows context and intimate knowledge of a characters powers as proven consistent over multiple issues is more important than a scan. You can't even decipher the context of the word limit being used. Then you ask people to take your word? You can't even take the word of the writers accurately. You also seem to think conjecture is a negative word. 99% of all vs threads are conjecture. 

irrelevant to the topic

Let me see, I did not say Rogue could beat Silver Surfer. So you randomly asked me if I thought she could? I do the same thing to you about Hercules and Galactus and suddenly your saying something about what and how I said something "clearly" because your frustrated maybe and by saying clearly you might think that might help and when you fail at understanding something and someone gives you some snark you blah blah whoppity woo whoppity woo. 

Now, please tell me what a straw man argument is. This is very relevant to the topic, thread, subject, what have you. Can't do that? Try and explain Fallacy Of Extension to me? This is what you are doing for the most part in this thread, I am just trying to figure out whether you know this or not. 

.so, according to your logic of non pis in comics  because they are already pis, spiderman can beat firelord? what's exactly the context of the scan i just posted

No, see this would be another strawman argument. Did I say Spider-Man can beat Firelord? Yes or no? You are now asking me to apply consistency and accuracy to a hypothetical I know nothing about beyond the names of two characters who should fight? Potentially Spider-man could beat Firelord, it depends on the context. Potentially Firelord can beat Spider-man, it depends on the context. Its not one way of the other absolutely in any and all contexts. In comics? The main objective is money and entertainment. They overrule consistency and accuracy. Now you go and ask Tom Brevoort who beats who in a VS thread and lets see if the guy who gets to decide what's canon understands comics like do, or I do? So PIS? Plot induced stupidity? Its not meant to be an accurate term, its meant to be a short cut. Spider-man getting his powers it blt based, the stupidity part is subjective, For biologist with an inability to enjoy fiction, his origin is stupid and therefore his powers as he got them are PIS. Please, if I have to keep explaining these things for you... which scan? You posted a few, and your understand don't reflect any of them accurately. 

funny that you mention that, because reading mephisto vs the x-men she kissed him and mephisto wasn't knocked out

Thats not funny at all, its Mephisto. What's funny is that I have already mentioned how her powers struggle against characters like Mephisto. Have you seriously forget that already? After i post this, I am just going to ignore everything you said, and just post my old replies just over and over again okay? Since you don't pay attention anyway, I am sure you won't notice and therefore mind. 

mephisto doesn't have the same durability as thor or hercules

Oh dear lord... thats it. I renounce my US Citizenship! The world is too small! Too connected. I can see the bacteria on your eyebrows. Truth Justice and the Universal way for me now! Superman! Superman! Wait for me Superman! 

Marvel's stance on 
Mephisto's durability. - 7 
Hercules - 6
Thor - 6 

meaning beings with higher durability can withstand rogue touch

Characters Rogue who have absorbed that have higher durability than her. 

Ms Marvel (struggled due to the alien aspect)
Colossus (this happened more than once, but once it didn't work, because CC was contemplating a physical relationship based on Rogue being able to touch Colossus, but then he changed his mind)
Thing
Hulk
She Hulk
Thor
Ares (struggled to being injured) 

You don't seem to know jack or jill about Rogue? Yet you are trying to correct other people? I know, love and have read all the character and even I didn't have the audacity to start trying to correct the people in this thread I disagreed with. Holy, guacamole... with cheese and onion dip! 

i also saw the juggernaut scan, and the juggernaut was out, apperantly from a heart attack, what happened next? this was a depowered juggernaut?

Yes, Rogue has absorbed and attempted to absorb him more than once. See how you ask here? Thats nice. A part of Rogue's powers way back, due to lack on control was that she would get the bad effects of absorbing a character as well as the good. Juggernaut can survive a lethal heart attack (the lethal part obviously being relative) Rogue however wouldn't. Juggernaut got this heart attack because of a reality warping little girl. She had a green energy effect. She induced those effects in him. She was afraid and scared and Juggernaut tried to rush at her to knock her out. Rogue risked getting a heart attack and took his powers, and for a moment she got a bit of that reality warping girls feedback but not enough to give her a heart attack and then she went and rescued the little girl. Juggernaut was depowered yes. 

Now Mr Expert on Rogue, can you please tell me what happened the other two times Rogue absorbed the Juggernaut without going over to KMC to look for a scan or two? 

please, again, provide evidence

Look above sunshine, and I only did that because you asked nicely. Now don't go and think that I need evidence. You don't have to believe me. I am not trying to convince you. I am simply demonstrating that your criticism of my opinions are foolish. Why are they foolish? I don't make up things to support my arguments. 2. Opinions can't be wrong by virtue of being opinions. 3. I noticed your argument with the other dude? You seem to be carrying over resentment from that dude. 4. You seem to have this flawed notion that scans will always be interpreted one way and that way is the way you perceive things. Thats one of the biggest logical fallacies in existence. 

don't get mad because i reply to your post,

What makes you think I am mad? That I am owning you and showing that your argument is laughable at best and you have no idea what you are talking about? (okay thats mean, I am just joking there... or am I?) 

No for real I am joking. Dude? I don't get mad over comics and VS threads. I volunteer at a shelter for women so each week I see women who have been abused. This right here? This is FUN for me. I enjoy it. Its a luxury. Little dudes all over the world are starving and I get to sit here and talk about comics? This is a luxury. A pleasure. Fun, fun happy happy, joy joy. 

i am critical of you and your arguments though. Your not a very good debater, you engage in straw man arguments. You don't understand half my argument, you can't comprehend context, of the books, or my arguments, and you get to my perception, either very worked up and resentful? Or ignorant. Because your other argument besides straw man arguments, or arguments that demonstrate your own statements as flawed, is just arguments by vehemence or repetition. "Ugh, I don't understand, please stay on topic" if you don't like the way I debate, discuss or talk, perhaps try take your own lack of arguments elsewhere comprendre? If you stay I'll probably expect more of the same from you, and so I'll likely give you more of the same right back, just on the virtue of you taking it upon yourself to question me. Don't forget, you started this. You know when I see a person I disagree with? I put on my polite hat and never, try give them any attitude. 

after all this is debate

No its not. You keep dodging my questions, and arguments, and then telling me my statements don't make sense or are off topic. You don't seem to know what a debate is. A debate isn't when you see someone you disagree with, tell them they are wrong and throw up a scan and say see senor? You actually have to understand quite a few complicated ideas before you engage in a debate and ignorance is not one of them. Nor is asking for proof with scans. Nor is half the things you have done in this thread. If you want to have a debate with me? Change your attitude, and I'll change mine you tell me your stance in this thread with these X-Men vs Hercules, and I'll take the opposite stance even if its a devil's advocate position. This thread seems more like you trying to be and feel right. You don't ignore evidence in a debate because its PIS. Your claim this is a debate is TIS = thread induced silliness. 

we're debating because we do not agree with each other and we need to prove our points,

No, we are arguing, thats different. We are even arguing about whether this is a debate or not LOL

My points are proven as sufficient as to is adequate to me. Its impossible to prove them more because thats not how life works. You can only prove as much as you have been given. More than that you don't even understand my point. My point originally is that X-Men can win or Hercules can win. You disagree with that? You think neither can win? 

If you don't like this fine, but don't get mad because someone is correcting.

No, what I don't like is having to educate you on things you are ignorant on, just so we can discuss or argue these points. You bring nothing new, you haven't read as much comics as me, you are trying to insist on things harder and more vehemently than me, because you are only looking at things from one context and when you met an argument you can't deal with, you say its off topic or irrelevant without explaining why and you also think you are debating. I like this heaps. I love arguing and I love debating. I am reply aren't I? I am just worried because you seem like your offended and hey? You might be leaning back listening to Bob Marley smoking some Banana Pringles, and as chilled as a Cucumber Ice Block, but to me, you seem, appear, just a tiny bit aggro and bitter and prone to arguing from emotion. Thats just my take so far. Hell, for all I know I might be wrong there and we might end up as BFF's on Comicvine. *shrugs* lol But yea, not so much mad that you don't understand certain concepts and that you are presenting even more flawed arguments. I am mad? Are you abusing small wood land creatures? Dude, you should always wash your hands after you use the bathroom? Are you an alien? Don't hurt small animals, not practice sanitary personal hygiene or probe people just because someone is correcting you now please. 

again, stay on topic. you're question are irrelevant to me, if you0re getting mad becaiuse of this then don't do it.

Everything I have said has been on topic. You just don't get I am deconstructing your arguments and applying analogies to show this because thats how I deconstruct arguments. If your getting mad, then please stop touching that Barbie Doll there! Thats bad! Your a bad man! Thats Barbies special... woah, there is nothing there! Woah, look at this Ken doll? Its just like Silver Surfer! 
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By SC  Moderator
@blackadam: 

This is almost pointless because 

@SC said: 

"I also see ways Hercules could win. His T-Clap would be disorientating, and he can literally tear into the earth and throw it at people. He is also really durable. Most of the X-Men characters her are not. A T-Clap or Foot stomp could take out Rogue.... Herc could just jump right up and smash into the ground.... So I give Herc a few wins"

@blackadam said:
"your statement is based on what if rogues touches hercules first. i could go by your logic and say: what if hercules knock her out first with one punch."

You are either lazy, ignorant or willfully ignorant because I already used my own logic to consider hercules taking out Rogue before she even got a chance to touch him. I also explained ways Rogue could have opportunity to tough Hercules. Except this is the only way you can make an argument. That is to fail to understand the reasoning and statements of others. 

So I'll just throw out there its extremely easy for one to do the same with your arguments and statements. Since I am too lazy to I'll just copy and repeat above just to point out how you aren't so good at comprehending your fellow poster and hopefully you didn't do above on purpose, because i can understand people making mistakes, but pointless arguing because someone is trying to make you change your opinion because they don't like it? Just yeah. Boring. 

Take care man! 
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By blackadam
@SC said:
"
@blackadam: 

@SC said: 

"I also see ways Hercules could win. His T-Clap would be disorientating, and he can literally tear into the earth and throw it at people. He is also really durable. Most of the X-Men characters her are not. A T-Clap or Foot stomp could take out Rogue.... Herc could just jump right up and smash into the ground.... So I give Herc a few wins"

@blackadam said:
"your statement is based on what if rogues touches hercules first. i could go by your logic and say: what if hercules knock her out first with one punch."

You are either lazy, ignorant or willfully ignorant because I already used my own logic to consider hercules taking out Rogue before she even got a chance to touch him. I also explained ways Rogue could have opportunity to tough Hercules. Except this is the only way you can make an argument. That is to fail to understand the reasoning and statements of others. 

So I'll just throw out there its extremely easy for one to do the same with your arguments and statements. Since I am too lazy to I'll just copy and repeat above just to point out how you aren't so good at comprehending your fellow poster and hopefully you didn't do above on purpose, because i can understand people making mistakes, but pointless arguing because someone is trying to make you change your opinion because they don't like it? Just yeah. Boring. 

Take care man! 
"

so you get offended because i ask you for proof?  how can i talk to you that you don't get offended?

yes, you were taking things out of context simply by saying rogue absorbing thor is cannon and is not pis since she have done it three times, and really she has do it only once. i'm waiting for the third one.

when have rogue absorbed thing and hulk, provide evidence.

you were getting mad because i was asking for proof and because i posted the second times rogue supposedly absorbed thor which was not the case. i'm the one dodging questions.

so, rogue absorbing a depowered juggernaut. not on par with hercules and thor( which you believe she can by all means drain him)

ok, did you get that from marvel.com?

what are mephisto durability feats?

deconstructing my arguments? your analogies don't make any sense.basically you get mad because i ask you for proof and because i'am debating with you?

instead of "decostructing" my argument and write down the worst analogies ever- because someone don't agree with you and you don't want to debate- try to summarise your ideas, i guess that's too much to ask.

so, according to you, spiderman could beat firelord depending on the context, thank you for your answer. you should read about both characters. for a person that  read as much as comics as you do it seems just weird. what are you really trying to prove by decostructing the comic industry and comic characters in a battle thread? funny that you mention that part, because most people in comic vine are well aware of what you just mention, but we go by the feats of a characters, instead of what sells more.

so i don't understand the scans i just posted? please do explain it to me, of course you can analyze it and deconstruct it all you want, but please keep it short, you don't want to write a book about it when is not necessary. oh, please, do not get offended for this, do not get me wrong, i'm not demanding, i'm asking.

i see you are eager to prove yourself, but please less anylisis and more arguments and proof.

@SC said:

"
@blackadam: 

@SC said: 

@blackadam said:

Take care man! 
"

i was debating the part of rogue absrobing hercules powers.
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By SC  Moderator
@blackadam said:

"so you get offended because i ask you for proof?  how can i talk to you that you don't get offended"

No, I am not offended. You are either offended and resorting to a weak argument and trying to project that I am offended because your ability to argue is weak, or you are just ignorant and big words confuse you, so you lack of understanding makes you think I am offended. 
How can I talk to you so you don't make straw man arguments, get offended or improve your ability to reason? 

yes, you were taking things out of context simply by saying rogue absorbing thor is cannon and is not pis since she have done it three times, and really she has do it only once. i'm waiting for the third one.

Rogue absorbing Thor is canon. Its not PIS, she has done it three times. You will be waiting forever if you waiting for me. I already know you don't anything about these characters. 

when have rogue absorbed thing and hulk, provide evidence.

Why are you asking me? I am not your dad... oh wait... are you 10 years old? Well son, unless you can prove I am your dad I am not paying child support. 

you were getting mad because i was asking for proof and because i posted the second times rogue supposedly absorbed thor which was not the case. i'm the one dodging questions.

No, I pretty much destroyed your argument, this makes me happy =). Your getting mad and dealing with your anger by accusing me of being mad (probably). This is why more and more of your argument is attempting to explain I am mad even though previous you were also trying to tell me to stay on topic. Now you are just saving face. (probably) Rogue did absorb Thor's powers the time you posted lol that was the whole point of Mephisto's plan lol 

I know you are the one dodging questions. What's a straw man argument? 

so, rogue absorbing a depowered juggernaut. not on par with hercules and thor( which you believe she can by all means drain him)

One time. Another time he wasn't depowered and another time she didn't knock him out either. Your sentence in the paragraph makes no sense. Good lord man, please try to attempt to make sense. 

ok, did you get that from marvel.com?

No, Marvel.com has bugs and glitches, I got *that* assuming you are talking about the durability stats from the Official Printed handbooks Marvel put out. 

what are mephisto durability feats?

One time Silver surfer got really upset and started asking Mephisto a bunch of inane questions after Mephisto claimed Odin could beat him. Mephisto managed to not head desk. 

deconstructing my arguments?

Indeed! Its good to see you finally agree with me on something. 

your analogies don't make any sense.basically you get mad because i ask you for proof and because i'am debating with you?

There is a difference between me not making sense and you not understanding. You still think Bendis was series when he said Ares would beat Thor. And your back to claiming i am mad. I bet everyone is mad in this world except you right? 

try to summarise your ideas, i guess that's too much to ask.

My first post is a summarization. You think Bendis was being serious with his Ares statement, you can't answer me when I ask you want a straw man argument is, and you think we are debating. You actively asking me to explain things longer for you because you have failed to understand summarized versions. 

so, according to you, spiderman could beat firelord depending on the context

Yes. if Spider-Man has the Heart of the Universe and inherent mastery of it, then yes, he beats Firelord. You disagree? 

you should read about both characters

You should read a dictionary.

what are you really trying to prove by decostructing the comic industry and comic characters in a battle thread?

I am not deconstructing the comic industry, i am justifying my opinion. Justifying my opinion in a battle thread. 

funny that you mention that part, because most people in comic vine are well aware of what you just mention, but we go by the feats of a characters, instead of what sells more.

Then go and argue against most people. Who said I don't go by feats? I go by EVERYTHING. Because posters like you flat out ain't good at interpreting what is in the comic, its handy to know the more ambiguous aspects of comics. like some posters think Marvel the End is canon. You won't find out if it is or not based on feats, you find out by asking ToM Brevoort on Formspring. His knowledge of a books continuity >> a posters flawed perspective of a subjective feat. More objective feats repeated consistently >> Tom Brevoort's opinion by his own admittance. So again you insert a flawed argument. But I am not surprised... well maybe a little... oh.. wait no. 

so i don't understand the scans i just posted

I know you don't. Its good you know though. Knowing is half the battle. 

please do explain it to me,

I already have *points above* 

but please keep it short,

If you were genuine, I could, but since you kept applying flawed arguments to my explanation, being long is pretty much or I can be until you understand =(

oh, please, do not get offended for this, do not get me wrong

Its too late. My heart is broken. WHY ARE YOU BREAKING UP WITH ME! 

I.... I am pregnant. The Child is yours. 

i see you are eager to prove yourself, but please less anylisis and more arguments and proof.

I see you are intoxicated and eager to play Jenga, but please tell me what an anylisis is and stop playing with my heart. 

i was debating the part of rogue absrobing hercules powers.

You don't need to with that part, just show me a scan of Rogue failing to absorb Hercules. Otherwise your just arguing conjecture just like me. 
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

herc.
Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#90  Edited By Manchine

Personally I see the Xmen BARELY pulling a win out of this.  Its far from an easy win for them.  Pretty much they will keep him off balance and don't go toe to toe with him I can see them winning as a team.
Jack_Dawson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Jack_Dawson

X-men win in a good fight. 

Avatar image for captain_justice95
Captain_Justice95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hercules is just too goofy looking to take seriously. x-men
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@blackadam: Props on arguing with a chick about comics on the Internet.
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Also, no way Hercules can handle all of these guys, esp bloodlusted. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By blackadam
@texasdeathmatch said:
"Also, no way Hercules can handle all of these guys, esp bloodlusted. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. "

hercules would lose, indeed. however, he would take a couple of x men.
flamingmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By flamingmuffin

herc has too much strength, durability, and h2h combat skills to be taken down. the only thing i can think of is telepathy to hurt him. idk if he has any resistance

Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Ramtha07

A few things here;

TP defense notwithstanding, Herc is presumably a little drunk (good on him). Jean could wreak havoc with his perception and play a few mind games. She's among the elite TP's on the planet. Iceman could BFR, and wreak his fair share of havok (not sure he could freeze the blood... Hercules' durability is phenomenal).

Cyclop's optic blasts are inconsistent. They level buildings, but then Wolverine blocks them with his claws. So guess it depends on how he shows up. I think Hercules could definitely shrug off some of that damage and take Cyclops out before dropping to the blasts. Good strategy would be for Cyc to onload on Bishop, let Bishop absorb the energy, amplify it, then unload while the scrappers of the group keep Herc busy.

Speaking of Wolverine; he just so happens to be the biggest physical threat to Herc there. Yup I said it. Me, the self proclaimed Wolverine fanboy. Surprise surprise. Hercules is a brawler. A brawler with enough power to knock Logan into the next continent and yes, KO him like WWHulk, but a brawler nonetheless. Fact is, he ain't going to be able to grow his eyes back like WWHulk to get close enough to do what Hulk did the way in which he did it. Yup, I'm about to step all over the threshold where few dare go. Yes, I am unafraid of getting flamed. Fact is, let's use some logic here; you get two sword fighters, doesn't matter who is stronger than who, the one who is more skilled and cuts the other first wins. Why is it so inconceivable that Logan has the tools to kill these powerhouses? Herc's healing factor is not regeneration level. With a splash of realism, why can't Wolverine drive his claws through Herc's face?? It doesn't friggin matter if you're Captain America or Hercules. Wolverine can cut both of them equally well with those claws of his. And with Hercules distracted, attacked from all sides, a fist full of claws through the head is a fistful of claws to the head. If you don't have a healing factor like Hulk or Sabertooth, it's nighty night. Wolverine could possible one shot a god. There. I said it. Does someone what to tell me why Wolverine cannot punch his claws through Herc's head?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By SC  Moderator
@Ramtha07:  Great post. As to why some might question Wolverine's effectiveness with his claws against Hercules, its a matter of strength really. The stronger Wolverine is, the better his ability to clean cut though things. Alternatively the weaker he is, the inverse effect. Given that his claws are virtually unbreakable its his strength thats going to be the weak point here. (sort of like if I had an adamantium knife, it won't mean I can impale super thick durable substances, its more likely I will sprang my wrist) as a rough comparison, Wolverine's claws have glanced off Colossus skin a few times, and given Thor only minor damage (head shot) so arguably Hercules durability gives him enough protection generally, unless Wolverine finds a way to increase his force behind his cutting power. (momentum, angle, weight, artificial increase in strength etc) also as a comparison to Hulk. Hercules is smaller, smaller target (his eyes) and his healing factor is not as fast but his base durability is pretty high and much more consistent. Thats not to say I disagree with your premise. Just adding on some points that would be a factor. 
Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Ramtha07
@SC said:
"

@Ramtha07:  Great post. As to why some might question Wolverine's effectiveness with his claws against Hercules, its a matter of strength really. The stronger Wolverine is, the better his ability to clean cut though things. Alternatively the weaker he is, the inverse effect. Given that his claws are virtually unbreakable its his strength thats going to be the weak point here. (sort of like if I had an adamantium knife, it won't mean I can impale super thick durable substances, its more likely I will sprang my wrist) as a rough comparison, Wolverine's claws have glanced off Colossus skin a few times, and given Thor only minor damage (head shot) so arguably Hercules durability gives him enough protection generally, unless Wolverine finds a way to increase his force behind his cutting power. (momentum, angle, weight, artificial increase in strength etc) also as a comparison to Hulk. Hercules is smaller, smaller target (his eyes) and his healing factor is not as fast but his base durability is pretty high and much more consistent. Thats not to say I disagree with your premise. Just adding on some points that would be a factor. 

"

You're probably right. The big argument is always whether or not Logan can actually do more than cosmetic damage to powerhouses who can feasibly survive a nuclear blast. It's a fair question! However, he sure took a chunk out of Ben's face, and that was a slash, not a puncture wound. Ran his arm through Grey Hulk. Pierced through Namor's chest. And the only one of those shots meant to be fatal were against Grey Hulk. A being who survived only because he can heal. There is something to be said there. Wolverine pulls his punches. He was mortified after hitting Ben in the face like that. Here are a few of the shots in question;

These are just a few pics that tell me Wolverine can do more than mere cosmetic damage to class 100 types. Even the Namor hit was dubbed "a sloppy" hit. Which is why Namor survived it and made it to water. A master fighter like Logan does not hit sloppy unless he means to.

Iaijutsu masters, 60 year old Japanese weaklings can draw their katanas in one stroke faster than the eye can see and cut through tree trunks. Unbelievable feats that have little to due with strength and everything to do with skill. And let's not forget, Marvel had Wolverine pegged as a level 4 in the strength department. That's superhuman. Hey, if DD knows how to monopolize on pressure points, knows where to hit bricks where it hurts, so does Wolverine. Only Wolvie hits with razor sharp adamantium laced claws. I truly think if he 'punches' Herc in the face, he could do just as much damage as Herc punching Logan in the face. Only Herc won't be getting back up any time soon...

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By SC  Moderator
@Ramtha07:  Indeed, personally I put Herc in a different class to Namor and Thing though myself. Herc as comparable strength to Thor and Thor has flat out one shot Namor. (well thats more strength, but durability feats as well. These characters maybe 100 ton class, but so is Galactus and their God. So I find that term a bit flawed. Herc is altogether a different type of beast. 

Your general idea is not that alien to me though, I do remember Wolverine and Hercules fighting once before lol and he did pretty good.