No Caption Provided

Rulk solos Olympus

#8 Posted by Helloman (26746 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk wins.

#9 Posted by Aqualion0 (889 posts) - - Show Bio

@mee09:

Trolololololo HAHA XD XD XD

#10 Posted by Noone1996 (10821 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules should win in a pretty tough fight.

#11 Posted by IntoTheVoid (996 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk in a really good, long fight. They are very comparable physically, i think Rulks healing edges him out.

Since after a long, tough fight, both are gonna be bruised and bloodied but Rulk will be healing all if not most of that, while Herc wont be and it's gonna take more of a toll on him.

#12 Posted by Thedailybagel (12564 posts) - - Show Bio

@intothevoid: to be fair Rulk’s healing isn’t actually that good, but it could be enough to give him ab edge.

#13 Posted by Morpheus_ (34017 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd probably favor Herc, but it's one of the rare, extremely close and open-ended fights. If written well, this would be great to see in an actual issue.

#14 Posted by juiceboks (24546 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to CaV this actually

#15 Edited by The_Red_Devil (4032 posts) - - Show Bio

@intothevoid: to be fair Rulk’s healing isn’t actually that good, but it could be enough to give him ab edge.

Uh ..? I remember after Phoenix Namor broke his hand and turned it over , he healed it pretty fast.

#16 Posted by IntoTheVoid (996 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_devil: Yea but it also took him 2 issues to heal having his eyes slashed by Wolverine, so it's not the best or fastest healing out there, though better then Hercules obviously.

#17 Posted by Floopay (10861 posts) - - Show Bio

The one that is brave/stupid enough to take blows from WWH without the intention of fighting back.

Hercules has fought Hulk what? 3 times? I don't think he can keep up with a fully enraged Hulk; but it's always been a tough fight for Hulk. I think he's above Rulk tbh. At least of what I know of Rulk from respect threads.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#18 Posted by comic_book_fan (10814 posts) - - Show Bio

rulk ben beat hercules posing as rulk and when herc showed himself ben said no wonder you was so soft should have known you wasn't a hulk suggesting that herc was under performing as rulk and ben usually holds back while fighting herc thats why herc was posing as rulk because they didn't want ben holding back in the fight because it was to see how herc matched up against a serious ben well that and to distract them .

#19 Posted by The_Red_Devil (4032 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_devil: Yea but it also took him 2 issues to heal having his eyes slashed by Wolverine, so it's not the best or fastest healing out there, though better then Hercules obviously.

Ya it isn't the best , but way better than Herc's and enough to give him the edge in this fight.(Herc is no P5 Namor in terms of raw damage output or Wolvie in terms of slashing either).

#20 Posted by Lvenger (36181 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to CaV this actually

As someone who's done this debate, I would be very interested to see this.

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
#21 Edited by hurricanefunnel (1996 posts) - - Show Bio

red hulk curbstomps, SPITEthread

#22 Posted by juiceboks (24546 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: With Kidman right? Yea I remember that, I learned a good bit about Herc from that CaV. I'd definitely represent Ross in that matchup given the feats he's gotten from that time.

#23 Posted by Noone1996 (10821 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: But Hercules was holding back against Thing. He wouldn't have made such a disrespectful comment about Herc if he had been cleaning rocks off the floor which would have happened if Herc didn't restrain himself.

#24 Edited by comic_book_fan (10814 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: herc didn't hold back the whole point was to stop the thing had he been holding back he would have tried a little harder and and stopped ben he didn't the only indication of herc holding back was him saying so and ben said herc wasn't that was clearly just herc not wanting to admit ben had just dragged him across manhattan

#25 Posted by Batvibe12 (5381 posts) - - Show Bio

It could go either way, tbh.

#26 Posted by The_Red_Devil (4032 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: I would be up for Rulk vs Hercules CaV somewhere in the near future.

#27 Posted by Battle123axe (8849 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk in an incredibly close fight, mostly because of his HF, and because of the fact that he tended to perform a little better against high-level threats

#28 Posted by Lvenger (36181 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: With Kidman right? Yea I remember that, I learned a good bit about Herc from that CaV. I'd definitely represent Ross in that matchup given the feats he's gotten from that time.

To be fair, my opponent didn't have as strong an understanding of Herc as he does now. Nowadays it would be a closer debate which makes it even more interesting IMO.

#29 Posted by APEX_pretador (18943 posts) - - Show Bio

Herc

#30 Posted by Noone1996 (10821 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: I'm really not sure how you can possibly think that fight made Thing look good... He was clearly pissed off and treated Red Hulk like a legitimate threat, so he definitely wasn't holding back, yet Hercules was taking his best hits while he didn't really want to take Thing out. He just wanted to distract Ben while the Baxter Building was raided by Pym. He even admits that he was "acting" at the end of the encounter and implies he was not hitting anywhere near his real strength.

No Caption Provided

#31 Edited by reaverlation (25538 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules

#32 Posted by Rockette (5236 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules wins in an epic fisticuffs match-up!

#33 Edited by Toratorn (5697 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: your post makes it clear that you never picked a FF comic book in your life. Thing almost never goes all out against living opponents in-character, even if it's someone like Dr. Doom (FF #246):

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

or souless monsters (FF #370):

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

something that was stated and shown on multiple separate occasions.

It also shows that you haven't even read the goddamn comic you're talking about (Mighty Avengers #25-26), since just afterwards Herc stopped "acting" and still failed utterly at stopping Ben from advancing through half the city. They were several city blocks away from Baxter Building, and yet the issue ended with Ben being 10 meters from Baxter Building basically telling Herc "nice try". Despite, you know, Herc's only job being keeping Ben as far away from BB as possible?

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

So how 'bout not talking out of your ass once in a while?

#34 Posted by Noone1996 (10821 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn: Shoot, what was I thinking? I forgot Thing is a high tier and clearly above Hercules. I mean he couldn't even prevent him from reaching the Baxter Building so that must mean Ben is better than him in nearly every way.

#35 Edited by Toratorn (5697 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: concession accepted. Good to know you still can't debate for shit.

#36 Posted by Noone1996 (10821 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn: I'm just surprised you didn't run to discord right away with screenshots to post pictures of our exchange in order to get validation about your opinions that you clearly feel insecure about. Although last time you did that everybody pretty much laughed at you for the "high tier Thing" part anyway. But yeah keep pretending like you "beat me" because I haven't responded seriously yet. I know that going back and forth with someone that tries as hard and is as unnecessarily aggressive as you requires a lot of time which, unlike you, I have a lot less to spare.

#37 Posted by Toratorn (5697 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by comic_book_fan (10814 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: yeah he was acting but ben takes him down again after this briefly and herc started trying after the jig was up and still couldn't stop ben and they have always ben close through out the 80's and 90's

herc lost to ben by DQ in a wrestling match in the 80's where herc kicked ben in the stones i kid but he should have been DQ he didnt even try to hide it.

next fight ben and herc fight ben has the upper hand but herc i believe was mind controlled and it was only like 3 shots

2 from ben one from herc neither was hurt.

next fight herc fought ben in the fight where ben and alicia travel time to ancient Greece and ben didn't want to fight but still showed he could go punch for punch with herc in fact herc was using two handed strikes on ben and ben was knocking that herc around with regular punches

and then this fight was the latest and it showed that ben was strong or stronger than herc which makes since because ben gets stronger over time

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#39 Posted by xMangog__Beastx (4209 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules should win in a pretty tough fight.

#40 Posted by Noone1996 (10821 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: There is not even any evidence that he fought him or even tried to after the "jig was up". The idea that they were off-panel fighting is baseless. They raced to the building and then Hercules was guarding the Baxter building and said "Now, Android?" as in he was waiting to get confirmation about when he should let Thing through since the security grid would open for him and provide a 1.4 second window for Pym to escape. Hercules was ABOUT to fight him in order to make sure that he didn't enter the security grid too early before Pym was ready to leave. That's why after Pym exits without their help, he says, "lucky for you" because he didn't have to fight Ben again. They never had a "real fight" and it certainly wasn't off-panel in that issue.

#41 Posted by Noone1996 (10821 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by comic_book_fan (10814 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: no i thought it was on panel i thought ben knocked him down again

#43 Edited by Noone1996 (10821 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: I just looked at it, but if I missed something feel free to let me know. Part of their plan was to allow Ben and Johnny to figure out the trick and get back to the Baxter Building because their arrival back would turn the security systems off for a second which would let Pym go. Ultimately, it's not a good showing for Ben. Holding back hits from Herc we're making him grunt in pain. Him saying, "you hit less hard than before" while referring to Red Hulk holds even less water because IIRC Rulk wasn't even trying to fight or hurt Thing in their last encounter anyway. So a non serious Herc was hitting less hard than a holding back Rulk and he still grunted in pain.

#44 Posted by Shyan (120 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules. Red Hulk is too inconsistent with his power levels, and is a notorious jobber.