No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
  • Base 616/Post-Crisis
  • Morals on
#2 Posted by WollfMyth209 (16198 posts) - - Show Bio

> Herald level

> has Gladiator, Hyperion, Carol and Sentry

#3 Posted by WollfMyth209 (16198 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, you can argue nobody here is Herald level besides Surfer, Jordan and J'onzz.

Anyways, Team 1 wins in all but a stomp.

#4 Edited by Soratoumiga (2110 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209: Depends on the definition of Herald level characters. I put those are most near to SS/Hal level.

#6 Posted by Supermanthor (16065 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209: nope nethier wonder woman or Thor can be ranked as herald level or Savage hulk for the matter

#7 Posted by Supermanthor (16065 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 stomps it's not even funny

#8 Posted by TheDeathstar (4057 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of them aren't even Herald, but above and High tiers.

#9 Posted by TheHercules (616 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209: nope nethier wonder woman or Thor can be ranked as herald level or Savage hulk for the matter

Wait, Thor isn't Herald level? LUL

#10 Posted by Supermanthor (16065 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehercules: I am talking about current Thor

I should have wrote that

#11 Posted by jay_z94 (8205 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209: How is Sentry not regarded Herald level if you still regard people like Wonder Woman and Hulk as Herald?

#12 Posted by baph (1333 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 stomps.

#13 Posted by Warlockmage (9042 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94 said:

@wollfmyth209: How is Sentry not regarded Herald level if you still regard people like Wonder Woman and Hulk as Herald?

because Wonder Woman and Hulk > Sentry (unless you mean current Sentry and hes kinda only got like 3 feats)

#14 Posted by jay_z94 (8205 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlockmage: Sentry matched WWH in combat. Therefore wouldn’t he be above Savage Hulk? If this was WBH or Immortal Hulk then I’d agree they are above Sentry.

#15 Posted by Warlockmage (9042 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94 said:

@warlockmage: Sentry matched WWH in combat. Therefore wouldn’t he be above Savage Hulk? If this was WBH or Immortal Hulk then I’d agree they are above Sentry.

Sentry also lost to Jim Hammond Human Torch (he was actually one shotted), Hercules, Red Hulk, He was terrified of Black Bolt and he struggled with Extremis Iron Man even quoted as saying "He (Iron Man) is fast"

Sentry also struggled to tag Iron Fist in the same series he was 1 shotted by Jim Hammond...

so Sentry is extremely inconsistent and you are using 1 singular feat to justify your placement without doing any other reading.

#16 Edited by Rac95 (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 has three very versatile powerhouses (Surfer, Lantern and MMH) that would give them the win, especially if Norrin and J'onn decide to go for a simultaneous TP attack

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6e6a1ed23a2
#17 Posted by deactivated-5c6e6a1ed23a2 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there any special reason why some are saying Team 1 stomps? Granted they have Surfer and Manhunter, but team 2 does have Thor and Superman (and Binary it seems). Is it the same old Manhunter TPs and WW decaps?

#18 Posted by jay_z94 (8205 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlockmage: It’s not as if I’m stating my opinion as fact, my mind is open to change.

I admit that I haven’t read Sentry, but after looking at his respect thread he does have other really good feats though, such as his fight against Genis-Vel. There’s also evidence for his power depending on his mind-set.

In regards to what you’ve mentioned:

- I think getting one-shotted by Torch and struggling to tag Danny just means that the writer thinks little of him, therefore making these low showings.

- Against Hercules he was evidently holding back.

- Being scared of someone means nothing because Bob is mentally unstable.

- Wasn’t it Loeb Rulk he fought? The guy that stomped Silver Surfer, Watcher and Thor?

- Im not sure why you brought up his fight against Iron Man. Sentry was eating all of Tony’s attacks and stomping him....

#19 Posted by Sovngarde (536 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn Gladiator...herald...

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
#20 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (3340 posts) - - Show Bio

@xtrabs said:

Is there any special reason why some are saying Team 1 stomps? Granted they have Surfer and Manhunter, but team 2 does have Thor and Superman (and Binary it seems). Is it the same old Manhunter TPs and WW decaps?

Surfer makes Superman (who's probably the most important person on the team) and Supergirl useless by draining their solar energy. Sentry, Gladiator, and Binary almost have no business being in this fight, and Thor can't possibly take all these people on his own...I'd dare say this is actually spite

Avatar image for despero_z_amazo
#21 Posted by DESPERO_Z_AMAZO (280 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1.

#22 Posted by Sovngarde (536 posts) - - Show Bio

@xtrabs: Surfer could probably beat Thor and Supes at the same time.MMH is more powerful than anyone on Team 2.Hal Jordan is another character that could beat anyone in Team 2 maybe except Supes and Sentry.

#23 Posted by Warlockmage (9042 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94:

Against Hercules he was evidently holding back.

an L is an L. and since you hide behind his mental instability for most of your post it should be factored in that hes mentally unstable and holds back (kinda hard to be herald level there)

Wasn’t it Loeb Rulk he fought? The guy that stomped Silver Surfer, Watcher and Thor?

since it wasn't in Red Hulks solo series no Loeb wasn't the writer interesting defense though... but even your misinformation regarding loeb is astounding. he drained an extremely young alternate version of Silver Surfer. He only punched the Watcher and really didn't do anything permanent to him (especially since the Watcher is a pacifist and made absolutely no move to stop him) and he got by with Thor on a technicality.

Being scared of someone means nothing because Bob is mentally unstable.

he also admitted he'd lose to black bolt... again an interesting defense... completely ludicrous, but interesting

- Im not sure why you brought up his fight against Iron Man. Sentry was eating all of Tony’s attacks and stomping him....

anyone who thinks that mach 5 Extermis Iron Man is fast is probably not gonna be herald thats kinda my point. didn't realize i had to directly spell it out for you

but after looking at his respect thread

not gonna lie if all you are doing is arguing from a respect thread then im not gonna waste my time after this post.

you know Magneto and Blue Marvel also have casually thrown Sentry around. Neither are herald level either. hes consistently inconsistent and saying "mental instability" or "holding back" doesn't make him any less inconsistent

his singular best feat is beating Terrax the Jobber with 1 hand.

#24 Edited by King-Ragnar (3730 posts) - - Show Bio

>Gladiator, Hyperion, Super Girl, Sentry, Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman

>Herald

Pick one.

#25 Edited by Stormdriven (17708 posts) - - Show Bio

You’ve got three herald level characters here, and they’re on the same team lol

#26 Posted by Rac95 (4333 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by BreakOfDawn (1522 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, Sentry, SS, GL and possibly MMH are the only herald tiers here. That said, team 1 wins handily.

#28 Posted by Soratoumiga (2110 posts) - - Show Bio

Gee I just needed a title for the thread smh

#29 Edited by jay_z94 (8205 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlockmage: Dude, why are you getting so defensive and critical? I literally admitted that I don’t read Sentry and got most of the info from a respect thread.

If I was arrogantly stating my opinions as facts then you’d have a right to act that way but I’m not, in my post I was literally asking you questions, as in “is it correct what I’m saying?”. I’m open to having my mind changed if you provide a reasonable argument.

I just have to say though, your point about Sentry calling Tony fast is very flawed. Spider-man has called Logan fast despite him being faster, as has Kaine. Also Thor who is Herald level has called Wolverine and Daredevil fast, but it doesn’t make him any less of a herald tier character.

#30 Posted by destinyman75 (13904 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: How can Thor not be herald level when he's beaten most of them even the top one, and actually has more power then all but one that is debatable???

#31 Posted by destinyman75 (13904 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor> or = Surfer (as history has proven many times overz not really debatable...

Gladiator> Hyperion though it's close

Sentry/Jonn toss up

Wonder woman>>Kara

Hal= Clark toss up

Hulk>>>>Carol

Good fight but team two has the overall power advantage and wins more one on one matches

Team two FTW

#32 Posted by Torro6 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see here people don’t know that others can be herald level but there’s range between high tier herald and the lowest herald level tier

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#33 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6510 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 easily.

#34 Edited by jay_z94 (8205 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 in a very one sided fight because:

- They have 1 weak link whilst Team 2 has 3 weak links.

- Surfer, John, Hal and Hulk (if current) can arguably take the majority against anyone on team 2.

#35 Posted by Mister_Surreal (9066 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 in a tough fight.

#36 Posted by Supermanthor (16065 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by AbigorGodofWar (274 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlockmage: seeing you say an l is an l is very.... disappointing, honestly.

#38 Posted by Warlockmage (9042 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlockmage: seeing you say an l is an l is very.... disappointing, honestly.

No Caption Provided

I generally make an effort not to respond to anyone with less than 500 posts but something tells me you'll prove entertaining

Hercules wasn't exactly putting in a lot of effort in that fight either (in fact he was making jokes and he won by kicking Sentry in the nuts...) not to mention he was able to casually deflect, dodge, and intercept Sentry, while holding back.

so now at best we have both of them holding back and Sentry lost.

#39 Posted by AbigorGodofWar (274 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlockmage: lol. Looked over a few of your older posts before after seeing some your more recent ones, and you tend to give more of an informed opinion then an L is an L.

The same could be said of many other characters also, Superman losing to street tiers, same with mmh, SS not being able to beat pepple who have no business dealing with him, same with Hal jordan.....

That's all I was saying. Lol.

#40 Posted by Warlockmage (9042 posts) - - Show Bio

@abigorgodofwar: ok as it turns out my original opinion of you was wrong. I think we can have a better discussion here

The same could be said of many other characters also, Superman losing to street tiers, same with mmh, SS not being able to beat pepple who have no business dealing with him, same with Hal jordan

you raise a valid point however it is slightly different. first off Hercules isn't exactly street level, neither is Sentry and both were holding back for different reasons.

Also the people you mentioned don't do it quite as often as The Sentry does... you can blame that on Sentry's limited appearances and the fact that Bendis pretty much used hims as a plot device for a lot of his series.

for what i have read there are very few who are more inconsistent than Sentry.

I mean during X-men Dark Sentry struggled with KO'ing Namor... thats another mid tier (combine that with all of my previous mentions) and the number keeps growing. for someone to be consistently herald tier they can't have such vastly changing power levels like Sentry does.

#41 Posted by AbigorGodofWar (274 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlockmage: alright, I can see where you're coming from with the herc instance, the Namor fight, do you remember the issue number for that? I'd like to reread that and a few others I have already so I can get a better perspective after this exchange.

The only reason I see quite a bit of validity for sentry being herald tier is due to the disparity between his high end feats and his normal showings, which I see as again, regardless of the WIS half the time, validated due only to his unstable mind, though this is just me.

On the idea of the Black Bolt quote, I see that as Bob mindscrewing himself, though I could be wrong.

With Ironman, Bob isn't the only one who was surprised by extremis IM speed iirc.

#42 Posted by jagernutt (16215 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: How can Thor not be herald level when he's beaten most of them even the top one, and actually has more power then all but one that is debatable???

Agreed. Thor's gotten the better of Surfer a couple of times already.

#43 Posted by Warlockmage (9042 posts) - - Show Bio

@abigorgodofwar:

ya know what the issue number really is escaping me... i know its during the Dark Reign time and unfortunately i don't have the time to track it down (4 Am work time and its midnight here... if im lucky i get 2 hours of sleep)

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

these are the 3 panels that the fight happens, after this Emman plays around in Bob's head and releases the void so it kinda ends there

but

No Caption Provided

in Avengers/Invaders 2 we see a weaker Namor casually draw blood from Sentry with a punch.

its not the only time Sentry has struggled with Namor.

#44 Edited by AbigorGodofWar (274 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlockmage: so this was well before Name's ramp up over the past couple year. Lol.

I'll have to take a look at the different fights again and measure the writers against their other works. Might help with to see if they have a pattern in how they write encounters.

I usually assume stable Sentry with his higher end feats (when actually stable) when going into threads. I may actually have to change that.

#45 Posted by HellionVulcan (7135 posts) - - Show Bio

Could go either way but Surfer will be his teams mvp but what version of Sentry ?.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6e6a1ed23a2
#46 Posted by deactivated-5c6e6a1ed23a2 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovngarde: I'd disagree Surfer could beat

Thor and Supes at same time. Thor doesn't jobs against Surfer, and matches him frequently for the most part. Adding Supes and making Thor & Supes vs Surfer isn't fair IMO. Also doubt Regular Hal could beat Thor easily.

@itouchedtheboat: I thought Sentry was rated pretty high here on vine. I regularly see people say Stable sentry is far above Thor's levels and things like that. That's why I was surprised on no one mentioning Sentry!

#47 Posted by ComicGirl21 (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

T1 stomps. Hal, MMH and Surfer could comfortably take the rest of Team 1 and Team 2 and win with sheer hax in a matter of minutes. MMH takes down most with TP, Surfer transmutes anyone who's left alive and whoever can resist both gets send through time by GL or something.

#48 Posted by utkanflash (2390 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 beatz team 2.

Team 1 only have one weaklink and its Standard Hulk. But Team 2 has 2 weakling (Carol and Kallark).

Plus Team 1 has MMH & SS Together. W/o Odin-Force modern 616 Thor kinda irrelevant against team 1. Superman & Sentry cant save Team 2's butt.

MMH & SS & Lantenr trio are so compatible. MMH & SS are the MVPs

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
#49 Edited by ITouchedTheBoat (3340 posts) - - Show Bio

@xtrabs said:

I'd disagree Surfer could beat

Thor and Supes at same time. Thor doesn't jobs against Surfer, and matches him frequently for the most part. Adding Supes and making Thor & Supes vs Surfer isn't fair IMO. Also doubt Regular Hal could beat Thor easily.

Just adding my two cents here even though I'm not part of the conversation, I can't help it lol. Surfer and Thor go neck and neck a lot, I'd give a slight edge to Norrin given the variety of his powers, adding Supes is overkill if Surfer doesn't drain him mainly because Surfer has never shown the ability to react to the speed Superman has, nor does he have the consistent blunt force durability to take a blitz like that from Superman. Also Hal can beat Thor since he has superior speed and the rest of Hal's offence is pretty comparable as well.

@itouchedtheboat: I thought Sentry was rated pretty high here on vine. I regularly see people say Stable sentry is far above Thor's levels and things like that. That's why I was surprised on no one mentioning Sentry!

I'd chalk that down to complete wanking lol. Sentry (aside from DSS ofc) has never shown the ability to contend against Thor or anybody in that weight class. He fought WWH but Hulk was holding back and Sentry's aura was actively calming him down so we can never know what power level he was really at. However what we can know is that Sentry was rag dolled by Hercules twice in a row, and during Civl war She-Hulk was able to knock him down with her punch (stable or not has nothing to do with his durability). She-Hulk tried hitting Silver Surfer with a punch in the old comics and she broke her hand, while Surfer was just standing there. Sentry does not belong in this level of characters.