Henry (Kingdom Come: Deliverance) vs Jaime Lannister (GoT/ASoIaF)

Posted by Inside (915 posts) 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: Henry (Kingdom Come: Deliverance) vs Jaime Lannister (GoT/ASoIaF) (6 votes)

Henry 83%
Jaime Lannister 17%

Book and Show feats count for Jaime.

Round 1 - Fist Fight.

Round 2 - Archery.

Round 3 - Longsword Fight.

Round 4 - Jousting.

Round 5 - Anything goes. (All of the above)

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

WHO WINS?

#1 Edited by Rackhir (92 posts) - - Show Bio

Henry, and easily at that.

By the end of the game he is basically the ubermensch, and peak human in practically every area. He can sprint like a Kenyan, smash through heavy plate armor with his bare hands, he is immune to poison and food poisoning, he is able to somehow regenerate like a revenant, it is much harder for him to bleed out when compared to normal human beings and he is somehow "thick blooded," he has a sixth sense that warns him of danger, he is a master swordsman, diplomat, hunter, alchemist, and thief, his stamina is inexhaustible so long as he stays still which means he doesn't need to eat or sleep so long as he doesn't move around a lot, when he does move around a lot he can stay awake much longer and subsist on less food than normal people, he can take on groups of heavily armored enemies at the same time and is even specifically stronger and faster than normal when he does.

#2 Posted by Inside (915 posts) - - Show Bio

@rackhir: Those are all game mechanics though.

We go by feats and accolades.

#3 Posted by Redzkz (3738 posts) - - Show Bio

End game Henry should stomp.

#4 Edited by Rackhir (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@inside said:

@rackhir: Those are all game mechanics though.

We go by feats and accolades.

That would include that stuff. I mean even some of the perks like First Aid you get in story related quests, and then you can unlock the higher levels of it.

When these abilities are acknowledged enough that you can learn them in story related quests I think they are fine. I mean it would be like saying Adam Jensen can't use his augments.

#5 Posted by rogueshadow (29476 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by SwagPack (1191 posts) - - Show Bio

So this is a man who actually knows how to use a sword and sword techniques, versus Jaime Lannister. Yeah, I'm going with Henry.

#7 Posted by lubub55 (12989 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: I haven’t completed Kingdom Come yet and am trying to avoid this thread in case I get spoilers. I’ve bookmarked this page for after I’m finished though, but all I can really say is that where I’m up to which is still relatively early on Henry would get stomped, but it’s quite clear he’s going to improve massively.

#8 Posted by rogueshadow (29476 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Rackhir (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@lubub55: Yeah, the beginning of the game Henry is garbage. Which makes sense since he was a peasant. However, that changes over the course of the story, and by the end of it he is one of the people sent to rescue the rightful king from Sigismund. He becomes a knight, gets a bunch of promotions, does a lot of training, bangs some maids, bangs a noble's wife, bangs his childhood sweetheart, gets drunk with a priest and bangs some more women.

#10 Posted by Rackhir (92 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, and even early on after escaping from the cumans. He gets shot in the leg with an arrow. It takes all of one day for him to heal, and get better. When normally it would take months for a thigh puncture that deep to heal.

So, the revenant perk has a presence even outside of gameplay mechanics.

#11 Posted by Jhin (78 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not that far into the game and where I am, Jamie would wreck but Henry went from getting absolutely curbstomped by a bandit in one move to stomping him in under ten seconds after just a couple sword lessons. On top of a weapon ignoring armor and the choreography of combos, I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes the opposite by the end of the game.

#12 Posted by KanyeCosby (7342 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know if Kingdom Come Deliverance is good? Is it worth buying?

#13 Posted by jashugan (6652 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Henry have any non-gameplay feats?

@kanyecosby:I've heard from people that it's good for what it is but still really buggy.

#14 Posted by Inside (915 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan: He has really good healing abilities, from what I've seen, and is able to take out groups of bandits by himself.

He killed 3 cumans near the beginning of the game when he sucked.

#15 Posted by GateOfBabylon (4744 posts) - - Show Bio

@swagpack said:

So this is a man who actually knows how to use a sword and sword techniques, versus Jaime Lannister. Yeah, I'm going with Henry.

What do you mean? Are you insinuating that Jaime Lannister, (probably) the best living swordsman in Westeros, doesn't know how to use a sword?

Or perhaps you mean that the actor, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, is bad with a sword (which I would agree). Regardless of the actor or the TV show's choreography, Jaime Lannister is definitely still a master swordsman.

#16 Posted by SwagPack (1191 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyenaowl:

Master swordsman means shit to me, to be honest. I want to see how he uses the sword or description of his fighting technique.

Fancy titles are worthless.

#17 Posted by Inside (915 posts) - - Show Bio

@swagpack: I mean, Henry uses rl sword techniques, but this is going by book and show feats, I don't think it'd be a stomp

#18 Edited by GateOfBabylon (4744 posts) - - Show Bio

@swagpack said:

@hyenaowl:

Master swordsman means shit to me, to be honest. I want to see how he uses the sword or description of his fighting technique.

Fancy titles are worthless.

I may be wrong, but you're (probably) not an Olympic fencer or a sword-fighting coach, your own visual judgement really doesn't mean anything. And if you want descriptions of actual fighting techniques, you'd be better off in sword-fighting or fencing textbooks instead of fiction material. Because in fiction material, the author's word goes. In Captain America's comics, the author doesn't name every single punch and kick he throws either. Does that mean he's incompetent at fighting?

I don't play the game; I can't judge who'd win in this fight. If you want feats from him, I can understand. But insinuating that Jaime Lannister is incompetent with a sword simply because

1. GRRM didn't explicitly state sword-fighting techniques he used or make him shout every move he uses like in anime
  2. The show didn't use actual sword-fighting techniques (maybe they did, honestly I doubt either of us can tell)

is frankly ridiculous.

#19 Edited by SwagPack (1191 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyenaowl:

I study history, with a focus on military history. Though my knowledge is mostly centered around warfare, I do know quite a bit about sword fighting in general, and what techniques are proper.

1. Like I said, GRRM doesn't seem like a guy who is an expert at sword fighting, so his word means nothing to me.
2. Only Jorah and Bronn look like they know how to use a sword, in the show.

#20 Posted by GateOfBabylon (4744 posts) - - Show Bio

@swagpack said:

@hyenaowl:

I study history, with a focus on military history. Though my knowledge is mostly centered around warfare, I do know quite a bit about sword fighting in general, and what techniques are proper.

1. Like I said, GRRM doesn't seem like a guy who is an expert at sword fighting, so his word means nothing to me.

2. Only Jorah and Bronn look like they know how to use a sword, in the show.

I see where you're coming from. However, you can't just judge people's techniques form the actors in the show or expect authors to explicitly state fighting techniques. I have knowledge in martial arts so I can tell a lot of punches/kicks that people use in comics or in movies/shows are horseshit. But if the author/movie wants to portray someone as a fighting expert, the author's word goes. It's that simple.

If you can't take the author's word then I'm not sure debating fiction material is really the thing for you.

#21 Posted by Wolfrazer (16484 posts) - - Show Bio

This really wants to make me just cave in and purchases KC:D, but I really wanna wait for a sale..

#22 Posted by Inside (915 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: You should, its such a great game.

The story is awesome, the combat is great, it's just a very slow start and a few bugs that are holding it back.

#23 Posted by Wolfrazer (16484 posts) - - Show Bio

@inside: I played it for an hour then got a refund just to sate my desires...but I’m gonna try to wait for a sale...or at least a few patches.

#24 Posted by Inside (915 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by Wolfrazer (16484 posts) - - Show Bio

@inside: Because I wanna wait for a sale! I'm stingy with my money. :P Plus when I do go back, I'm sure the issues people keep going on about will be fixed.

#26 Posted by Inside (915 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: You really should pick it up eventually, it's an amazing game.

#27 Edited by Inside (915 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Wolfrazer (16484 posts) - - Show Bio

@inside: No.....eh I'll wait for next sale.

#29 Posted by Inside (915 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: It's one of the best RPG's I've ever played, a true authentic RPG, great combat, interesting world, etc. Just a great game overall, they dropped the price significantly, hell there was a sale recently where it was $18 for the full game.