Hellbat Armor Batman VS Lancer of Red(Karna).

Bigdadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Random Encounter. Who do you guys think would win?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 morpheus_  Moderator
Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000Thoughts? I'm taking Karna.

Hellbat was forged in the sun so I'm not sure how Karna could damage it even ignoring the showing against Darksied.

That said the armor life drains Batman and he doesn't have speed feats either. Servants can fight indefinitely as long as they have a supply of magical energy. Karna's fight with Siegfried lasted three hours and they could've kept going. There are other cases of Servants fighting for twelve hours (Cu vs Gilgamesh, also Lancelot was confident he could do it against Gawain). So Karna can honestly just avoid Bruce till the armor kills him.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 morpheus_  Moderator

@sy8000: The forging is something I considered, too, but we've seen Rebirth Eradicator hurt the armor with his energy blasts and even at full strength I don't rate that Eradicator higher than Karna, or at least Karna's output even excluding Vasavi Shakti. Basically, the forging in the sun sounds cool conceptually but I don't believe you require such a high level of energy to critically damage Bruce.

Karna should be able to dodge Bruce's hits without great trouble unless I forget something major during the latter's arrival on Apokolips.

I also tagged you since you have knowledge on the LN while I'm simply limited to the F/A anime.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_:

@sy8000: The forging is something I considered, too, but we've seen Rebirth Eradicator hurt the armor with his energy blasts and even at full strength I don't rate that Eradicator higher than Karna, or at least Karna's output even excluding Vasavi Shakti. Basically, the forging in the sun sounds cool conceptually but I don't believe you require such a high level of energy to critically damage Bruce.

Eradicator hurt Superman no?

Although I don't know how to quantify being forged in the sun as a durability feat, considering all that proves is that the sun is indeed capable of molding the suit. At best we can say regular furnaces couldn't, but we don't even know how insulated the suit is or if it could protect from heat being conducted.

Karna should be able to dodge Bruce's hits without great trouble unless I forget something major during the latter's arrival on Apokolips.

The only problem is the tendrils which cover a wide area. Not that Karna couldn't counter them, but Karna's a mana hog so he wouldn't want to use flame mana burst. Even then the tendrils lack speed feats and using mana burst for single attacks doesn't seem like too big a deal.

I also tagged you since you have knowledge on the LN while I'm simply limited to the F/A anime.

I read the first volume and a half.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 morpheus_  Moderator

@sy8000: That's more or less my reasoning. It's also something that happened entirely off panel so we don't have an idea of the process.

Eradicator was being fuelled by the souls of Krypton (and absorbed Superman himself shortly before fighting Lois in the Hellbat) but his blasts against the armor were rather basic. Nevertheless, you can argue he was stronger than ever at the time so I don't mean to demean the armor's durability. Just pointing out that in terms of potency, radius and output Karna should be able to match or exceed the specific attacks that damaged/incapacitated the armor.

Strangely enough, I'm not sure what the rules are meant to be here. Is Karna supposed to have an unlimited mana supply to draw upon for this fight or operate within limits?

A volume and a half more than I have or that I probably will ever read from that series.