• 121 results
Posted by Gamer-Guy (3354 posts) 8 months, 11 days ago

Poll: hela (MCU) vs DCEU gods (88 votes)

hela 61%
gods 39%

the Gods are Diana ares and steppenwolf

location asgard's royale palace

#101 Edited by DammeFavour (8200 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: like I said, what changed between the time he absorbed the lightning and when it killed him? It was absorbed by diana, so yes my kryptonite analogy is fine. So lightning isn't destructive on its own,is that your claim?

I honestly don't know but Zeus is the same guy that separated the unity with a simple bolt

#102 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (3626 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: that same bolt had 0 effect on Steppenwolf.

What changes is he is absorbing the lightning in order to redirect into a destructive force. He can absorb it, but obviously does not have the durability to tank it when used against him. Going by your logic, why didn’t the lightning cause a gigantic crater when he called it down?

Avatar image for aquatic_pianist
#103 Posted by Aquatic_Pianist (662 posts) - - Show Bio

Jesus H Christ, no one is blitzing. Wonder Woman’s best speed feats are for defensive reaction, her combat speed isn’t even close to that. And all the blitzes she does have are much slower than supersonic. Her speed is wanked so much on the Vine.

#104 Posted by DammeFavour (8200 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: isn't that a feat for steppenwolf's armor since we later see the same armor tank superman's punches, heat vision and diana's sword? You people try and fail to create a narrative that steppenwolf was weak.

He absorbed then he shot it, why would it cause a crater when it wasn't directed elsewhere but within himself? You see what a tiny bolt of his lightning was capable of doing in the control tower, and he was also present during the resulting explosion so claiming he doesn't have the durability is reaching

#105 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (3626 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: so you’re the kind of guy who is going to count the unity lightning attack as a legit feat, but then say the combined 6 infinity stone beam is featless and a joke. Got it.

Saying he doesn’t have the ability to tank it is not reaching.. He was obliterated by the lightning. You have been shown not once, but twice that the lightning is at least near lethal to him. I honestly don’t know what else to say. When he is channeling it down, it obviously isn’t destructive. When used destructively, it can kill him. Two users have shown that.

#106 Posted by DammeFavour (8200 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: it's a legit feat because we see the amount of power required to separate it when superman was struggling even though he had to wait for an opening unlike the gem beam.

#107 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (3626 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: DCEU Superman is in the multi thousand ton range. Separating it physically isn’t impressive as you say it is.

#108 Edited by DammeFavour (8200 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: I don't understand how anyone can say that isn't impressive considering the multi thousand ton feat was done casually without real leverage

#109 Edited by Mr_Shazam0920 (3626 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: what I’m saying is the unity separation isn’t as impressive as you say it is. It was one shot by a lightning strike. And it was separated physically by a multi thousand tonner. Thor, going by the star forge feat, would be able to separate those boxes. And Thor is a cream puff to you.

Once again, the typical DC guy logic;

“Oh man, the unity was separated by one Zeus blast! Zeus’s blasts are incredible.”

“Oh man, the 6 stone beam was cut through by SB, that beam is trash!”

Anyways, this is all off topic. Hela’s durability, by feats, surpasses Ares.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#110 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (9926 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920 said:

@DammeFavour: what I’m saying is the unity separation isn’t as impressive as you say it is. It was one shot by a lightning strike. And it was separated physically by a multi thousand tonner. Thor, going by the star forge feat, would be able to separate those boxes. And Thor is a cream puff to you.

Once again, the typical DC guy logic;

“Oh man, the unity was separated by one Zeus blast! Zeus’s blast are incredible.”

“Oh man, the 6 stone beam was cut through by SB, that beam is trash!”

Anyways, this is all off topic. Hela’s durability, by feats, surpasses Ares.

One is quantifiable, the other isn't. The I.G is a lackluster in energy projection hence why the feat isn't as impressive as you tend to believe, hax (busting the Moon's surface, turning people into tiny cubes, erasing half of the universe's population) and energy projection are two entirely distinct categories, being derived from the same source aka the gems, doesn't mean squat. Whilst, the unity feat is a bit more quantifiable, given that Superman, who's a casual multi-thousand tonner, had to struggle in order to fully separate them. Though, you could argue that being separated by a lighting bolt and physical force are two different things, the lighting could've had a greater effect on the mother boxes than physical force, in which case, you might be right, but then again, I guarantee you that that claim can be countered.

#111 Edited by Mr_Shazam0920 (3626 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: I believe that Thor would have been able to separate those boxes. If we go by the Star Forge feat. I also believe his lightning strike he used on the Aether in TDW would have separated the boxes as well.

Also, I never bring up the beam because it is unquantifiable. I never use that as a feat for Thor. I just brought it up to point out some of the hypocrisy on this website. That’s all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
#112 Edited by deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65 (4972 posts) - - Show Bio

Either of the gods solo.

#113 Posted by haoalchemist (6196 posts) - - Show Bio
#114 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (9926 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: I still don't believe that Thor is a thousand tonner, nor close to Superman in that department. But, the main argument isn't about Thor.

I also believe his lightning strike he used on the Aether in TDW would have separated the boxes as well.

Perhaps.

Also, I never bring up the beam because it is unquantifiable. I never use that as a feat for Thor. I just brought it up to point out some of the hypocrisy on this website. That’s all.

It's not hypocrisy when we have the necessary requirements to quantify the unity feat as opposed to the I.G's energy beam which is based on nothing but pure speculations. In fact, that beam of energy is by far the most wanked live-action feat (DCEU/MCU) on CV. I've seen some individuals claiming that SB is a planet buster because of the feat in question yet they, to this day, still remain oblivious to the fact that the Gems energy projection has no correlation whatsoever with the gems hax therefore unquantifiable and undoubtedly nowhere near close to planetary levels.

#115 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (3626 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: well, believe me, you have your imbeciles on both sides. The only time I have seen an argument for SB being a planet buster is because the bifrost was going to destroy Jotunheim. SB can summon the bifrost, but to think saying that SB can planet bust is silly. The only thing closest to planet busting in either of the 2 universes has been the power gem surface swiping or the Aether in theory.

Anyways, Thor hasn’t consistently shown himself to be a thousand tonner. But that one star forge feat can’t be denied. That was in Superman’s range. Anyways, off topic.

I want your input on my argument with Damme in reference to Hela and Ares’s durability.

#116 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (9926 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: Agreed.

I want your input on my argument with Damme in reference to Hela and Ares’s durability.

Both arguments were interesting, though I have to agree with Damme in regards to the unity feat being more quantifiable than the I.G's energy beam. However, I think Hela would eventually bypass Ares in an individual fight, though the odds are even, IMHO.

#117 Edited by Mr_Shazam0920 (3626 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: the key factor is this battle takes place on Asgard. Hela is pretty hax there. She sandbagged it against Thor, Loki, and the Asgardian army, and they couldn’t touch her. She was the conquerer of realms. She was Odin’s weapon. I think her being serious like she was against Surtur would be too much for the team. And even if they were to gain the upper hand, Fenris would even the odds.

#118 Posted by Gamer-Guy (3354 posts) - - Show Bio

grand bump

#119 Edited by ANTHP2000 (24901 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana solos but these threads are just popularity contensts at this point.

#120 Posted by uchihaghost (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@amonfire1776: Yea that is if you want to downplay and use a low showing anyone can be tagged (flash and quick silver were all tagged)

#121 Posted by Amonfire1776 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

@uchihaghost: All of them can be tagged...I don't see how that is low balling...Hela solos easily

#122 Posted by Amonfire1776 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: No its just the DC characters are weaker than Hela...