Heavyweights (90-100 ton characters) bracket battle!

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

This is a bracket-style H2H battle among characters who are "heavyweights"--their strength levels are around 90-100 tons (but not much more than that).

(Please note that this is not intended to be any kind of inclusive list, and it doesn't necessarily use all the best or most popular H2H combatants at this power class.)

They each start out in pairs, battling each other. Once each battle is done, they move on to the next battle, as stipulated by the brackets. The last one is the Big Winner!

Who wins each battle in each round? (See bracket below.)

These battles take place in a rain forest. Each fight starts at 15’.

Win by any means. Each participant is completely rested and restored before each new battle. Morals off.

Character versions:

Lyra is current, Rage is original, Titania is standard (NOT Worthy), Tiger Shark is standard and stays wet through the constant rain of the rain forest, Captain Britain is standard (Excalibur era), Wonder Man is classic, Griffin is standard, Wendigo is classic, Mr. Incredible is the movie version, Molly Hayes ("Bruiser") is current, Ulik is standard, Abomination is classic, Orka is standard and stays wet from the constant rain from the rain forest, Doc Samson is recent, A-Bomb is standard, Maxam is standard. No one has any weapons.

The official strength levels of some of these characters are somewhat nebulous and variable. After a fair amount of research and guesswork, I came up with these strength levels. A number of these guys' strengths have probably increased along the way, but for them we're using these older strength levels for this fight: Lyra: starts at 100 but her strength drops if she becomes angry; Rage: starts at 75 but increases if he uses it for violence; Titania: 100; Tiger Shark: 100; Captain Britain: 90; Wonder Man: 95; Griffin: 90; Wendigo: 100; Mr. Incredible: 100; Molly Hayes: 100; Ulik: 95; Abomination: 100; Orka: 100; Doc Samson: 100; A-Bomb: 100; Maxam: 100.

The Bracket:

Heavyweights
Heavyweights
Lyra
Lyra
Rage
Rage
Titania
Titania
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark
Captain Britain
Captain Britain
Wonder Man
Wonder Man
Griffin
Griffin
Wendigo
Wendigo
Mr. Incredible
Mr. Incredible
Molly Hayes
Molly Hayes
Ulik
Ulik
Abomination
Abomination
Orka
Orka
Doc Samson
Doc Samson
A-Bomb
A-Bomb
Maxam
Maxam

If you liked this battle, check out my other bracket battles:

Magic, Guns, Lightweights (no powers), Welterweights (2-15 tons), and Middleweights (25-50 tons), and Cruiserweights (60-85 tons). Superheavyweights (100+ tons) still to come.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By jashro44  Online

Round 1: 

I think rage. He will get angry and increase and lyra will be decreasing. His healing factor may keep him in the fight. But then again Lyra is a better fighter...But I feel as if rages strength will quickly exceed that of lyras. 

Titania should win this. She is expected to be stronger then she hulk currently and tiger shark apparently will be slowly decreasing. 

I will side with captain Brittan because of speed. Wonder man wasn't that quick in the old days if I'm not mistaken.

Wendigo. griffin has the ariel advantage but wendigo is stronger and has claws. Griffien will need to get close up eventually. 

Mr.incredible can give her a good fight I suppose. She gets weaker as she exerts herself. She should exert herself a bit against mr.incredible since there the same strength level.

Abomination. Ulik isn't as strong as him and all though ulik is good a decent fighter he isn't much of a dodger. 

Orca is stronger and I don't know of much skill from doc sampson or any other ability that will compensate for his lack of strength. 

Maxam is simply to strong for A-bomb from what I looked up. 

Round 2
Rage should win. Even though I did pick titana as a winner she hasn't really impressed me. 

Captain Brittan for speed factor mostly. 

Abomination should beat mr.incredible. Abomination is indeed stronger then mr.incredible.

Maxam wins. He has the strength throw down with drax apparently. Thats to much strength for orca to handle.

Round 3
I think captain britans speed should overwhelm rage.

Maxam beats abomination. Abomination could never contend with drax.

Final
Maxam should beat captain britan. If Maxam truly does have the strength to take on power houses like drax he could probably 1 shot britan. 

Winner Maxam (should be noted I had to use wiki for research so I could be wrong about his strength level).

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sandiego008

Round 1:

I think rage. He will get angry and increase and lyra will be decreasing. His healing factor may keep him in the fight. But then again Lyra is a better fighter...But I feel as if rages strength will quickly exceed that of lyras. Agree

Titania should win this. She is expected to be stronger then she hulk currently and tiger shark apparently will be slowly decreasing. Agree

I will side with captain Brittan because of speed. Wonder man wasn't that quick in the old days if I'm not mistaken. CB stomp

Wendigo. griffin has the ariel advantage but wendigo is stronger and has claws. Griffien will need to get close up eventually.Agree

Mr.incredible can give her a good fight I suppose. She gets weaker as she exerts herself. She should exert herself a bit against mr.incredible since there the same strength level. Stomp for Molly

Abomination. Ulik isn't as strong as him and all though ulik is good a decent fighter he isn't much of a dodger. Abomination ... agree

Orca is stronger and I don't know of much skill from doc sampson or any other ability that will compensate for his lack of strength. Going with Sampson based on skill.

Maxam is simply to strong for A-bomb from what I looked up. Agree

Round 2

Rage should win. Even though I did pick titana as a winner she hasn't really impressed me. Titana would win this

Captain Brittan for speed factor mostly. CB wins ... I think he is OP for this tourney unless I'm mistaken I'll do research and get back to this ... Wendigo might be 2nd strongest here .. again might.

Abomination should beat mr.incredible. Abomination is indeed stronger then mr.incredible. I don't know a lot about molly ... want to give it to her but based on my limited knowledge giving it to abomination.

Maxam wins. He has the strength throw down with drax apparently. Thats to much strength for orca to handle. Giving this to Maxam as well

Round 3

I think captain britans speed should overwhelm rage. CB ... stomp

Maxam beats abomination. Abomination could never contend with drax. Agree

Final

Maxam should beat captain britan. If Maxam truly does have the strength to take on power houses like drax he could probably 1 shot britan.

Winner Maxam (should be noted I had to use wiki for research so I could be wrong about his strength level). CB Stomp ... CB is to OP for this thread.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By owie  Moderator

@sandiego008 said:

CB wins ... I think he is OP for this tourney unless I'm mistaken I'll do research and get back to this ... Wendigo might be 2nd strongest here .. again might.

Captain Britain is only at 90 tons. Every source I've looked at has him listed at that. hereherehere (only 2 tons!)here

I think Wendigo is probably the strongest here. Maybe Maxam and A-Bomb next. Molly's top level strength is unknown as of now I think.

@jashro44:

One note: Lyra is pretty good at a kind of meditative fighting, so she won't necessarily lose strength automatically. But Rage might be the guy to tick her off enough to make her get angry.

I've read the comic where they compare Maxam's strength to Drax and the Hulk; I believe they say the Hulk at rest (originally 70 tons back in the day, I don't know about now), and Drax's strength has gone up and down from 40-100 tons, so it's a little hard to extrapolate Maxam's strength from that. So personally I'd go with 100 tons, but not significantly more than that.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jashro44  Online
@Owie: If Maxam is only a bit beyond 100 tons I would say captain Brittan wins. He is pretty fast in comparison to everyone here.
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sandiego008

@Owie: So hard for me to judge CB ... considering he went against the fury ... and jasper ... he just seems to OP here.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By owie  Moderator

@sandiego008 said:

@Owie: So hard for me to judge CB ... considering he went against the fury ... and jasper ... he just seems to OP here.

Hmm, I haven't read Captain Britain stuff from that era so I can't say, but at least for the first 60 issues or so of Excalibur, he was really the opposite of unstoppable. I felt like he was always kind of a chump--powerful but headstrong, so he got knocked around a lot by other people. This was partly due to the humorous tone of the series though, Claremont and Davis wrote him as kind of the fall guy in comparison to Kitty and Kurt, who were portrayed as much more on top of things.

In Round 1, I'm going for:

Lyra, who I think can keep meditative enough to keep her strength, and is way more skilled than Rage.

Tiger Shark, who is more ferocious than Titania, who always seems to wimp out in the end, her personality has a lot of cracks in it that keep her from being a true winner. Tiger Shark is also used to going up against Namor, who'd I consider a more formidable arch-enemy than She-Hulk.

I think Captain Britain/Wonder Man is pretty close. Simon is a bit stronger, and I think he's probably a little more durable too. Captain Britain is faster, and can fly faster too. But I think Wonder Man is a better fighter, so with that, and his edge in strength and durability, I give it to him.

Wendigo is stronger than Griffin, and he has a crazy intense healing factor. Griffin has fought pretty well against Wonder Man and Namor, but I think Wendigo's healing factor is the tipping point.

Mr. Incredible is strong--he was juggling train engines, which are about 40 tons each--but I think Molly is stronger. Also, I think she can play into his sense of superiority and surprise him with her strength before she tires out.

Ulik and Abomination are about even-steven to me. Abomination has a slight strength edge, they're about the same in durability, Ulik may be a better fighter. Their enemies, Thor and Hulk, are both serious opponents. I think Abomination tends to do better against Hulk than Ulik does against Thor. I'll give it to Abomination by a teeny edge.

I think Orka is more powerful than Samson and can take him.

A-Bomb and Maxam are also close. I think A-Bomb is more durable and can use his camouflage abilities and claws. Maxam is probably a bit stronger. I think I give the edge to A-Bomb by a hair, he may be a little faster as well.

Round 2:

I think Lyra can take Tiger Shark due to skills, but it would be close.

I think Wendigo will overwhelm Wonder Man eventually, mostly due to the healing factor again. Wendigo is also stronger and his ferociousness may help overwhelm the somewhat cooler (back in the day) Simon.

While I don't know if it's realistic, I'm giving Molly the win over Abomination, partly just for the hell of it. He's a pretty PIS guy, it could happen.

A-Bomb can probably take Orka, although that would be close. A-Bomb is more durable, I would guess.

Round 3:

Wendigo takes Lyra, she can't compete with him.

A-Bomb will beat Molly. I want to give her props, but she can't last forever, and can't really deal with his comparable level of durability.

The Big Winner:

Wendigo has the speed advantage over A-Bomb, and again that healing factor. A-Bomb will give him a decent fight, but not enough.

Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Boobster

How is Abomination a 100 tonner ? He is higher than that.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Boobster said:

Hard to say exactly, but he has always been said to be stronger than the Hulk when the Hulk was at peace, but obviously weaker once he became enraged. Since the Hulk's original at-peace strength was 70 tons, and the Abomination was stronger than him but not by an enormous amount, then I felt like his strength could not be significantly more than 100 tons (at least at the historical point when the Hulks' resting strength was 70 tons; I think both have increased since).

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By ReVamp

Isn't Abomination 200 tons? Anyway, Captain Britain and Wonderman in the same start is really effed up.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By owie  Moderator

@ReVamp said:

Isn't Abomination 200 tons? Anyway, Captain Britain and Wonderman in the same start is really effed up.

Yeah, I set up my brackets differently from basketball, for instance. In basketball, they put the top seeds with the bottom seeds, so theoretically the final four could have all four top seeds. In mine, I set up the first matches to feature the combatants who are closest/most similar to each other in powers and other attributes. So while Captain Britain and Wonder Man could easily be part of the "final four" in terms of quality, here one of them gets axed right away. This way, probably half of my top seeds lose right off the bat. Unfortunately it keeps the battles from being conclusive about who's the overall best, but on the other hand it makes the largest numbers of good fights.

Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Boobster

@Owie said:

@Boobster said:

Hard to say exactly, but he has always been said to be stronger than the Hulk when the Hulk was at peace, but obviously weaker once he became enraged. Since the Hulk's original at-peace strength was 70 tons, and the Abomination was stronger than him but not by an enormous amount, then I felt like his strength could not be significantly more than 100 tons (at least at the historical point when the Hulks' resting strength was 70 tons; I think both have increased since).

Not hard to say, and Hulk's base strength is not 70 tons. Obviously Abomination isn't a 100 tonner, he was originally 2 times stronger than Hulk and always put up a fight against him even enraged. So he doesn't belong here.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Boobster said:

@Owie said:

@Boobster said:

Not hard to say, and Hulk's base strength is not 70 tons. Obviously Abomination isn't a 100 tonner, he was originally 2 times stronger than Hulk and always put up a fight against him even enraged. So he doesn't belong here.

Let me once more emphasize that the characters in here are not all current. I used older versions of characters when necessary to have them all fit in at approximately the same strength level.

The Abomination I'm using here is classic. Here are scans of his strength level, and also the Hulk's strength level, from the '86 OHOTMU. This is the time period that I'm referring to. You'll note that it says that while Abomination can lift 100 tons, he can't routinely lift in excess of that, and so they don't consider him to be Class 100. The Hulk, you will notice, is listed as having a calm strength level of "perhaps in the 70 ton range."

So obviously, in the past, the Abomination was just at the edge of 100 tons. He may well have increased greatly since then, that's fine. That's not the Abomination we're using here. This Abomination is a 100 tonner, and fits in just fine with the rest of these guys; in fact several are probably stronger. I would also point out that at least here, Abomination was originally nowhere near twice the strength level of the calm Hulk--only 100 to 70. So if you have any scans showing that he was literally twice as strong at some other time, I'd be glad to see it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DeathsHead2

Abomination was @ 150 tons, originally. Tiger Shark was @ 75 tons. Orka was @ 95 tons. ; )

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By owie  Moderator

@DeathsHead2 said:

Abomination was @ 150 tons, originally. Tiger Shark was @ 75 tons. Orka was @ 95 tons. ; )

As you can see in my post with the scan right above, Abomination was originally 100 tons. The other two were lower originally as you say; I used more recent, stronger versions of them for this battle. Orka has actually been listed as low as 75 tons.