Who wins and why?

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Chronicplane

@jashro44: Mind if ya could remind me on some of Hawks feats again, as i need to do some re-reading on him since memories a bit hazy with manga stuff.

Anywho i'd side with Mirio, unless if i'm forgetting something from Hawks then Mirio should have the advantage in both CQC and physicals and to add a nail in the coffin Hawk doesn't really have an answer to phasing.

Best case for Hawks is if he started in the air and played keep away, at which point it would just become a stalemate.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Mirio, though he’d likely be hard pressed to tag Hawks while he’s flying he using his feathers as weapons. Once he runs out there is nothing he can do to stop himself from being beaten.

Avatar image for back_stabbath95
Back_stabbath95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are they aware of each other’s quirks? I can’t recall.

Though Hawks is a much more successful hero and is one of the top ranked in the association I think Mirio wins. Hawks doesn’t have an answer for phasing while phasing keep mirio safe and Hawks only has so many feathers before he needs to regenerate them

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawks is a little featless unless I'm missing something.

lgh0stl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Hawks . . Mirio can't destroy Hawks feather and it's just a matter of time before Mirio was overwhelmed while Hawks is in mid-air

Raijin6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Hawks plays smart, stays airborne and spams feathers he wins. At some point some feathers are going to hit Mirio. He can't follow each one and he can't stay phased all the time.

That's the only way Hawks wins eventually. If he gets sloppy and lets Mirio get close enough he's done for.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Mind if ya could remind me on some of Hawks feats again, as i need to do some re-reading on him since memories a bit hazy with manga stuff.

Well I'm pretty sure he is the fastest hero in universe. I would say its been implied on a few occasions, and it might be again in the recent chapter if the manga rock translation is correct. We know he is at the very least faster than Endeavor (or at least his feathers are) since Endeavor needed Hawks speed boost to get in close to high end, and we now know from the recent chapter Endeavor can apparently break the sound barrier:

We also saw in the recent chapter Hawks took out 2 bad guys before Midoriya and Bakugo could react:

He can also spam 76 feathers at once. There capable of lifting full grown men off the ground:

And he has displayed enhanced senses. I figured this could be helpful when fighting Mirio since he specifically mentioned the ability to sense the rustling of clothes. He was also able to tell other heroes where the other Nomu that High-End spat up landed.

He doesn't have much for combat feats except beating up fodder. But being the number 2 hero its safe to assume he is capable. He has shown pretty precise control over his feathers and good awareness though:

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawks is eventually gonna run outta feathers as long as Mirio plays smart.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wot_m8 said:

Hawks is eventually gonna run outta feathers as long as Mirio plays smart.

Hawks can make his feathers big and use them as swords. He doesn't nessasarily need to waste his feathers.

No Caption Provided

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wot_m8

@jashro44: Would be useless against Mirio tho... having large attacks would actually make it easier for Mirio to phase through. Hawks' best bet would be to spam small feather attacks and hope that Mirio can't keep up with them all and misses a few.

Giving single big targets to Mirio would make it easier for him to phase through.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wot_m8 said:

@jashro44: Would be useless against Mirio tho... having large attacks would actually make it easier for Mirio to phase through. Hawks' best bet would be to spam small feather attacks and hope that Mirio can't keep up with them all and misses a few.

Giving single big targets to Mirio would make it easier for him to phase through.

Well I think the way Hawks deals with Mirio's phasing is by relying on his enhanced senses. Remember mirio relies on predictions. He can't see, hear, or feel while he is intangible. Hawks can rely on hit and run tactics, and try to strike when Mirio turns tangible. He can also mix close range and long range attacks together.

Dadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dadpool

Hawks should win, even with his dearth of feats. The new databook(Take it with a grain of salt if you will) has him 1 tier above Endeavor in speed, and we now know that Endeavor is a confirmed supersonic character.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dadpool said:

Hawks should win, even with his dearth of feats. The new databook( Take it withna grain of salt if you will) has him 1 tier above Endeavor in speed, and we now know that Endeavor is a comfirmed supersonic character.

Theres a new data book?

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: That's why I said large scale sword like attacks would be useless. Smaller spam attacks would make it very hard for Mirio to predict. Not to mention, seeing hundreds of feathers fly at him, he'd have no choice to but to go full phasing.

The way I see it, the fight is gonna go two ways. One, Mirio gets overwhelmed by the sheer number of his feathers.

Two, Hawks runs out and gets hit in the stomach by Mirio. I don't recall Hawks having a lot of physical durability feats yet.

Hawks does have the flight advantage tho but an urban dense area would give a lot of maneuverability to Mirio's "teleportation" as well.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wot_m8: I don't think spamming feathers is going to overwhelm Mirio because as you said he can phase. I think Hawks wins through the use of prediction if he does win here.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: That can too but the issue is that Hawks simply does not have feats without his feathers yet. And I am not entirely sure if he can put Mirio out before he runs out either.

As for him predicting and figuring Mirio out, there is one factor that you're not taking into account... Mirio is gonna be fighting back as well.

Hawks Quirk is easier to figure out as compared to Mirio... so he cannot simply stretch the fight trying to predict Mirio out either. I guess we'll have a more clearer answer in the coming arc.

Dadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Indeed, Ultra Archive 2 was released in Japan yesterday I believe, and their has already been multiple Translations.

Here's Hawks and Endeavor's respectable stats:

Hawks:

Technique S+, Power C+, Speed S, Knowledge A,

Endeavor: Technique A, Power S+, Speed A+, Knowledge B,

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wot_m8 said:

@jashro44: That can too but the issue is that Hawks simply does not have feats without his feathers yet. And I am not entirely sure if he can put Mirio out before he runs out either.

As for him predicting and figuring Mirio out, there is one factor that you're not taking into account... Mirio is gonna be fighting back as well.

Hawks Quirk is easier to figure out as compared to Mirio... so he cannot simply stretch the fight trying to predict Mirio out either. I guess we'll have a more clearer answer in the coming arc.

Obviously but I would say Hawks has the advantage when it comes to predicting mirio since he can sense the rustling of his clothes. Mirio's hero costume also turns intangible with him:

No Caption Provided

Hawks can tell when Mirio is tangible and intangible based on that.

@dadpool said:

@jashro44: Indeed, Ultra Archive 2 was released in Japan yesterday I believe, and their has already been multiple Translations.

Here's Hawks and Endeavor's respectable stats:

Hawks:

Technique S+, Power C+, Speed S, Knowledge A,

Endeavor: Technique A, Power S+, Speed A+, Knowledge B,

Do you have a link to this? Also were All For One's stats ever revealed?

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Right, I guess he can make a pattern when he becomes unable to completely sense Mirio.

But that still wouldn't help him counter Mirio tho.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wot_m8 said:

@jashro44: Right, I guess he can make a pattern when he becomes unable to completely sense Mirio.

But that still wouldn't help him counter Mirio tho.

That's fair. I don't want to debate in my own thread if that's how you think. I was just saying Hawks might not run out of ammo and Mirio can't avoid him forever IMO. They should be in the same league in universe. Mirio has a big advantage feat wise since we've seen him fight notable enemies.

Dadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Here you go:

https://mobile.twitter.com/shibuyasmash/status/1180094028085256192?s=21

AFO's stats:

Technique S+, Power S+, Speed S+, Knowledge S+

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lgh0stl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

don't get why some are saying Hawks is going to run out of feathers . . His feathers are durable as hell and Mirio got nothing to destroy it, so basically Hawk can just utilize 10 or 20 feathers and stay mid air for the rest of the fight.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump after the current chapter.

Hawks defeated a motivated Twice. Not sure if that changes anything.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Bump after the current chapter.

Hawks defeated a motivated Twice. Not sure if that changes anything.

Eh not really, with the way the fight was set up it wouldn't translate.

Maybe he's too fast if he's faster than Endeavor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faf743db9a3e
deactivated-5faf743db9a3e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't spot this thread until now. I think the latest chapter featuring Hawks gave us another incident of him likely having superior speed to most, if not all characters in the verse. Everyone he has fought or dealt with so far have either been significantly impressed or unable to deal with his speed.

As to this specific match up. Neither one has the means to take out one another "in character", and if they're going in to actually fight, Mirio would likely have the advantage. However, as Jashro mentioned, Hawks could likely sense where Mirio would appear, but I'm not convinced that would work as well through material while phasing. Still, Hawks should be faster, probably by quite the margin.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Bump.

TotallyNotBias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawks beat Twice sad man's parade. Mirio is fast but Hawks is supposed to be the fastest in MHA universe. Mirio couldnt even touch Hawks if he tried his hardest.

M-081504

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

endeavorsan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers