Hawkeye ( MCU ) vs Green Arrow ( Arrow (TV series) )

car0nshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@stryzzar: Oliver isn't the flash. Hes not dodging one explosive arrow, let alone the many Hawkeye will shoot at him, probably in tandem.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stryzzar: Question. Did the arrow reach its target? Yes. Did the trick arrow have its intended purpose? Yes.

Ergo. Hawkeye in that example did not miss.

Your argument to discount that as a miss is no different than saying Legolas missed his target because it went through those ghosts.

car0nshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By car0nshell

@stryzzar said:

@car0nshell: But Oliver is smarter and more familiar with modern day tech. Loki didn't know it was a trick arrow with a bomb on it, but Oliver has used arrows like that before. Besides, I used that as an example that Hawkeye can miss. Oliver would more likely dodge the arrows rather than catch them, Loki just did that to showoff.

Also. Hawkeye has access to S.H.I.E.L.D/Tony Stark's Tech. Hawkeye's explosive arrows are incredibly more lethal than Arrows little flash bang ones. Oliver is smarter and a better fighter, I'll give you that. However given this battle starts 100ft away on a rooftop Hawkeye has the better chance of winning due to the above. Another note: Arrow dodges by bullet timing. He's not pulling a Neo from the Matrix every time he dodges a bullet or arrow. Bullet timing depends on the assailants aim to be a little weak. Bullets and arrows travel faster than people can react, if the assailant has good enough aim, bullet timing doesn't work. Hawkeyes aim is that good.

@soaringturkeys Hawkeye stomps ez, right?

Avatar image for supermanwins465
SupermanWins465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By SupermanWins465

All Hawkeyes feats are irrelevent because we all know based barry just a phone call away ready to put the hurt on that play-toy avenger.

Barry Allen stomps

car0nshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwins465: In that case Hawkeye calls the Avengers and Arrow and all his goofy friends get spite stomped.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Arrow.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Arrow stomps. and car0nshell is an obvious alt who got stomped in an other argument and now is making and anger thread trying to kill Ollie...

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwins465: In that case Hawkeye calls the Avengers and Arrow and all his goofy friends get spite stomped.

They won't answer his call.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why make a thread when the op clearly had a favorite?

Btw ollie wins

Avatar image for supermanwins465
SupermanWins465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol the same avengers that lost half of new york to a weak showing loki? kek

marvel wishes its tv programs where half as good as dc's.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

clint queen or ollie barton

car0nshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By car0nshell
@imperfect_cell said:

Still Arrow.

Still no good case for Arrow: Hawkeye's explosives have greater diameter, and given the scenario he would be inclined to use them early. How does Arrow dodge one of those?

@chimeroid said:

Arrow stomps. and car0nshell is an obvious alt who got stomped in an other argument and now is making and anger thread trying to kill Ollie...

Good theory, but you shouldn't assume. This is my first thread and account here. This is not anger thread, I respect both characters but realistically believe Hawkeye takes this given the scenario. Close quarters I know Ollie stomps.

@rbt said:

@car0nshell said:

They won't answer his call.

Maybe not, but this was supposed to be 1 on 1 anyway.

@nerdchore said:

Btw ollie wins?

I admit I don't like the character of Oliver Queen in the Arrow series, however I respect the character and do like the show. Still no good explanation how Ollie avoids exploding?

@supermanwins465 said:

@car0nshell said:

Lol the same avengers that lost half of new york to a weak showing loki? kek

marvel wishes its tv programs where half as good as dc's.

Agreed that on its own Arrow the show is way better than Agents of Shield. However, this fight was supposed to be one on one. And you know how that ends. Kek?

@masterkungfu said:

clint queen or ollie barton

No.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@car0nshell:

Still no good case for Arrow: Hawkeye's explosives have greater diameter, and given the scenario he would be inclined to use them early. How does Arrow dodge one of those?

You know how explosive arrows work, right? They need to hit something to explode. Oliver can dodge an explosive arrow just the same as he dodges a normal arrow. It will only explode when it hits something. And why are you assuming that Clint will even get the chance of shooting an arrow? Oliver's draw speed is much faster. He can actually shoot Clint's arrow out of air. Oliver will put an arrow in Clint's shoulder before he can even draw one. And we all know what happens once Oliver closes in, right?

car0nshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@car0nshell:

You know how explosive arrows work, right? They need to hit something to explode. Oliver can dodge an explosive arrow just the same as he dodges a normal arrow. It will only explode when it hits something. And why are you assuming that Clint will even get the chance of shooting an arrow? Oliver's draw speed is much faster. He can actually shoot Clint's arrow out of air. Oliver will put an arrow in Clint's shoulder before he can even draw one. And we all know what happens once Oliver closes in, right?

You extremely underrate Hawkeye. Remember we first saw Hawkeye in the first Thor movie where he was considered the best Agent for the job to put down Thor at that point. Hawkeye is an expert tactician in the MCU, he doesn't need to be aiming for Oliver to cause an explosion. He could hit anywhere close to Oliver for a massive explosion that would send Arrow flying. Also remember Hawkeye has access to S.H.I.E.L.D and Tony Stark's tech, is it too far of a stretch that he could have timed explosive arrows? I've only seen Season one of Arrow so far but Oliver has missed and failed ALOT. And there are others in his universe that are just as good if not better shots than him. Clint is the best in his world, hands down. Think about dat.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@car0nshell: show me a time when hawkeye used explosive arrows on a person he fought. He didnt use them on widow.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@car0nshell:

You extremely underrate Hawkeye.

I really don't.

Remember we first saw Hawkeye in the first Thor movie where he was considered the best Agent for the job to put down Thor at that point.

A depowered Thor, yes.

Hawkeye is an expert tactician in the MCU, he doesn't need to be aiming for Oliver to cause an explosion. He could hit anywhere close to Oliver for a massive explosion that would send Arrow flying.

And yet he aimed for Loki's eye in the Avengers. He won't know that Oliver can dodge arrows until he sees him doing so. Again, you're forgetting that Oliver's is much faster as draw than Clint.

Also remember Hawkeye has access to S.H.I.E.L.D and Tony Stark's tech, is it too far of a stretch that he could have timed explosive arrows?

He's never used them, IIRC.

And there are others in his universe that are just as good if not better shots than him. Clint is the best in his world, hands down.

And? Being best in his world doesn't make Clint better than anybody who is not best in their world.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been done too many times. Can we get a lock here?

barryallen23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oliver shot a m203 grenade launcher from like 30 feet while drawing,nocking and firing the arrow before it gets to him hawkeyes exploding arrow dont move as fast as grenade launchers then ollie closed the gap to bring it h2h and destroys clint

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@car0nshell: and what makes you think Hawkeye is actually better at range? Arrow has all the feats as well, for a fact i dont remember him ever missing the shot. Arrow, so far outclasses him in everything except in archery where they are at similar levels. Also your Hook video to show off Clints tech, that is something Arrow does literally in every episode,.While u have been adamant on him losing. THat is an obvious anger thread where you are insisting Hawkeye wins.

Stryzzar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Stryzzar

@car0nshell: So Oliver's just gonna stand there and let Hawkeye take shots at him? He'll take cover and use all sorts of evasion tactics. He's a lot harder to hit than those Chitauri that blindly leave themselves open.

@soaringturkeys: I know, but "not miss" isn't the same as "hit".

Anyway, I'm not saying Oliver is going to stomp Hawkeye. Both will put up a good fight and give each other a lot of trouble. It's just Oliver is a notch above opponents that Hawkeye has so far been seen dealing with and will not let himself be a sitting duck.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well half of you lothaven't watched AoU yet so i won't say much but hawkeye now stomps

car0nshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@car0nshell: Stop bothering me with your nonsense.

Its okay. Hawkeye probably won't kill him. Just rough him up a bit, don't be sad :(.

@car0nshell: show me a time when hawkeye used explosive arrows on a person he fought. He didnt use them on widow.

He used one on Loki.

@rbt said:

@car0nshell

And there are others in his universe that are just as good if not better shots than him. Clint is the best in his world, hands down.

And? Being best in his world doesn't make Clint better than anybody who is not best in their world.

What I'm saying is Clint so far is the best archer in the world, no one comes close in his universe. He stands out. Oliver on the other hand isn't the best in his world, hes just way above average. Being the best is different from being advanced. From this Clint is a better archer.

@nerdchore said:

@jimmy_rustler said:

Been done too many times. Can we get a lock here?

I wasn't biased until heard a good argument for Hawkeye, I made this thread to see who's better. This isn't an exact dupe.

oliver shot a m203 grenade launcher from like 30 feet while drawing,nocking and firing the arrow before it gets to him hawkeyes exploding arrow dont move as fast as grenade launchers then ollie closed the gap to bring it h2h and destroys clint

Grenade launcher can travel 600 mph so then Arrow has inhuman reflexes, impossible, when did this happen?

@car0nshell: and what makes you think Hawkeye is actually better at range? Arrow has all the feats as well, for a fact i dont remember him ever missing the shot. Arrow, so far outclasses him in everything except in archery where they are at similar levels. Also your Hook video to show off Clints tech, that is something Arrow does literally in every episode,.While u have been adamant on him losing. THat is an obvious anger thread where you are insisting Hawkeye wins.

In the series, he missed alot. I'm just on season 1. Hawkeye only missed once when he was mind controlled by Lokis infinity gem. Hawkeyes tech is made from a vast organization and tony Stark himself. Arrows tech cannot compete. He has similar stuff but they are not as polished as Hawkeyes tech.

@stryzzar said:

@car0nshell: So Oliver's just gonna stand there and let Hawkeye take shots at him? He'll take cover and use all sorts of evasion tactics. He's a lot harder to hit than those Chitauri that blindly leave themselves open.

When Oliver dodges high speed projectiles he's not pulling a Neo from the matrix. What he's doing is called bullet-timing and it heavily depends on the shooters aim. Someone as good as Hawkeye wouldn't miss that easily, its called leading your shots.

Well half of you lothaven't watched AoU yet so i won't say much but hawkeye now stomps

AoU not released yet but Hawkeye does take this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@car0nshell: What exactly makes your thread different from the others?

L. D.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@car0nshell:

What I'm saying is Clint so far is the best archer in the world, no one comes close in his universe. He stands out. Oliver on the other hand isn't the best in his world, hes just way above average. Being the best is different from being advanced. From this Clint is a better archer.

This is one of the worst logic I've seen.

barryallen23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@car0nshell: season 2 episode 4 it may have been longer than 30 feet but still did it

car0nshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By car0nshell

@llehdevil said:

L. D.

The premise.

@rbt said:

@car0nshell:

This is one of the worst logic I've seen.

Think about it like this. The MCU is its own self-contained universe that Hawkeye happens to be the best archer in. Arrowverse has Oliver who is just above average. Now both these universes in their own respects give us their own version of reality. So if we do a vs thread we are combining both of the universes together. If we were to map MCU onto Arrowverse Hawkeye would still be way ahead of Oliver. When we do cross universe battles that's what we are talking about.

@barryallen23 said:

@car0nshell: season 2 episode 4 it may have been longer than 30 feet but still did it

I'll check it out but if they allowed him to do that then that feat is almost too unrealistic to believe.

Stryzzar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the comics it was stated that Green Arrow is the world's greatest archer, and in Arrow it has never been stated that Oliver isn't the best. We certainly haven't had any character who's better than Oliver showing up at this point. In any case we can't use that argument here since we don't know for sure whether or not he's the best.
In the series, he missed alot. I'm just on season 1. Hawkeye only missed once when he was mind controlled by Lokis infinity gem. Hawkeyes tech is made from a vast organization and tony Stark himself. Arrows tech cannot compete. He has similar stuff but they are not as polished as Hawkeyes tech.

If you haven't seen Arrow Season 2, then I can understand why you'd make this argument. In Ses 2 Oliver uses tech that's on par or very close to Hawkeye's. He frequently uses exploding arrows (not flash bang ones), especially in the final 3 episodes. Also in the second last episode he explains that his bow is high-tech and does a lot of the work already, which is why Laurel is able to use it. In addition, Oliver uses a lot more trick arrows than Hawkeye does. Off the top of my head there's grappling hook arrow, boxing glove arrow, net arrow, flash bang arrows, exploding arrow, hacking arrow, electric arrow, injection arrow .etc. Hawkeye has only been shown with 3 different trick arrows tops.

When Oliver dodges high speed projectiles he's not pulling a Neo from the matrix. What he's doing is called bullet-timing and it heavily depends on the shooters aim. Someone as good as Hawkeye wouldn't miss that easily, its called leading your shots.

Firstly "bullet time" is the thing that Neo does, search it up on Wikipedia and Tvtropes, but that's besides the point. Anyway, there's a difference between not missing and being able to predict exactly where your opponent will go. The Chitauri move in a straight trajectory so it's quite obvious where they will be seconds later. However, someone trained in martial arts like Oliver would not be so predictable with his moves, and will make it a lot harder for Hawkeye to know where his position will be. Sure Hawkeye can hit any point he wants, but Hawkeye can't know exactly which point Oliver will be.

car0nshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stryzzar: You make a good case for Arrow, I'm starting to believe you... Ok. Its a draw then. Arrow and Hawkeye both stalemate.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By newecho
Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been done but Ollie was gotten better recently. I still think Ollie would lose at this point.

car0nshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By car0nshell

@newecho: I put Arrow on hold for Daredevil lol. I think I'm going to take it slow, I just finished all of DD and now I have to catch up on AoS before AoU....So many comic book shows. Anyway I think Arrow might stalemate or beat Hawkeye if everything you guys are telling me is true.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@car0nshell: dd was awesome, , loved that show.. I think it will be alot closer after AOU between Hawkeye and arrow...

Stryzzar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Stryzzar

@car0nshell: Thank you, that's pretty much what I thought from the start. Given that the fight stays at long range, then yes it would end up in a stalemate.

Also, Daredevil is epic. Way better than Ben Affleck's version and quite a nice addition to MCU.

car0nshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111: Yeah, we have to see what Hawkeye does in Age of Ultron.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llehdevil said:

L. D.

The premise.

Exactly, so the rules and stipulations are essentially the same. That was exactly my point.

L. D.

car0nshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

car0nshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8 days...

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkeye takes this comfortably. He dodges repulsor fire and has too many versatile arrows. Hell, he has an adaptation of the Thunderstick as an arrow. Oliver can't win here. H2H is tougher to call though.

car0nshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand: Don't spoil anything for me, but is this opinion coming after seeing AoU? ( it's not out here, yet ). Yes, or no.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

car0nshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movie can't come soon enough!

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Hawkeye is the better archer and realistically one shots with his arsenal.

Emperor_Radec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Emperor_Radec

Arrow. Hawkeye's a bitch.

USSJ3071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers