#1 Edited by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Random encounter. No prep time. Both heroes stand in each others way on a mission they are both desperate to complete and will use any means necessary to succeed.

Tech: All tech and weapons available in their respective movies/shows. Morals on/In character.

Starting position: On building rooftops 100ft apart on opposite sides.

Intro

Director Coulson and his team need help to take down an unexpected threat: The New S.H.I.E.L.D. An offshoot of S.H.I.E.L.D spawning from the wreckage that Director Fury left has risen to do away with S.H.I.E.L.D's old practices. They don't believe in Coulson's way of running S.H.I.E.L.D and the secrets he keeps. He's just a worse version of Nick Fury to them doomed for destruction.

Premise

99% of Coulsons team was captured by the New S.H.I.E.L.D with Coulson narrowly escaping. He gives his old associate Hawkeye a call. The plan is to infiltrate New S.H.I.E.L.D's base and take out everyone there to recapture their headquarters and crew. New S.H.I.E.L.D knows the connections that Coulson has and prepares themselves by contacting a famous vigilante who would agree with their ideals: The Green Arrow.

Encounter

Both hero's are unaware who the other is or what they are capable of.

Arrow is standing guard on the rooftops, unaware what opposition he may face. Hawkeye is also navigating the rooftops, headed straight towards Arrow's location, also unaware who he is encountering. Hawkeye just gets over the top of a building to see Oliver Queen keeping watch, 100 feet away, staring directly at him. Oliver, seeing an intruder, takes aim and calls out: "Who are you and why are you here?" Hawkeye now knows this is his enemy. He puts his hands up but manages to let off a smoke grenade while taking cover behind a obstruction on the rooftop.

Fight!

#2 Edited by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Edited by RisingBean (9805 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12747 posts) - - Show Bio

At distance Barton would win in a shootout, as he has better accuracy feats imo. If Ollie closes the distance and this turns into h2h, then the Hawk gets his a$$ beat

#5 Posted by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by Sachmoo (2500 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done to death. Arrow should win, kinda easily. I'd take Hawkeye in a archery contest, that's about it.

#7 Posted by RisingBean (9805 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean: Movie versions, though.

The movie versions are used in more threads then their comic counterparts these days.

#8 Edited by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio

@sachmoo: Yeah, but how will Arrow evade being shot to death while getting close to make it H2H?

#9 Edited by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio

@shazam117: The question is, does Oliver have any means of closing the distance before being impaled with arrows.

#10 Posted by Sachmoo (2500 posts) - - Show Bio

@sachmoo: Yeah, but how will Arrow evade being shot to death while getting close to make it H2H?

Arrow has dodged and caught arrows from less than 10 feet away. From 100 feet away, only trick/explosive arrows will even matter until the gap is closed.

#11 Posted by Jimmy_Rustler (3125 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done too many times. Can we get a lock here?

#12 Edited by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12747 posts) - - Show Bio

@car0nshell: Ollie has some good agility feats, and can use cover as well in the enviroment they're battling in. ...and Ollie is no slouch in the accuracy dept either, but his best bet is to try and use cover to close the distance and turn this into a brawl rather than trying to outshoot Hawkeye which I don't think he can.

....and you may want to check the search or use Google as I feel this has been done before.

#14 Edited by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio

@sachmoo: I think that may be the deciding factor. Starting 100ft away this fight may come down to who has the better tech. And Hawkeye has Shield/Tony stark's tech.

@shazam117: Can we agree Hawkeye has better tech and accuracy while Arrow has better H2H and agility? Given the circumstances I think Hawkeye might just barely take this due to his tech. Also, this has been done alot but hasn't been done like this before though.

#15 Posted by RisingBean (9805 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean: Yeah, but Arrow has more feats now.

@jimmy_rustler: Never been done in this specific way.

In that case bumping an existing thread is what you should have done.

#16 Edited by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by RisingBean (9805 posts) - - Show Bio

@car0nshell: It's all good.Just something to know next time. Mods are possibly going to lock as a dupe. If so and you still want to discuss it there are tons of threads around.

#18 Edited by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@risingbean: Thanks, first post. I think we have a clear winner anyhow. Hawkeye should take this due to better tech.

WINNER

#19 Posted by devinwifi (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie

#21 Edited by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio

@devinwifi: I just started watching Arrow, does he have better or similar tech to Hawkeye in the MCU? Hawkeyes tech looks better polished and further advanced than what I've seen Arrow use so far.

Here's an example:

Loading Video...

His bow is almost batman level tech:

From Wikia:

Hawkeye's quiver is supplied with a multitude of different arrow heads in the bottom. By dialing up an armament setting from a control on his bow, Hawkeye can cause the quiver to affix these special arrowheads. This effectively increases the capabilities from conventional arrows, to explosive arrows, a grapple line, and more.

#23 Posted by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio

This might sound silly at first, but in a long ranged weapons fight is the winner usually the one who can dodge the best or shoot the best? It almost always goes to the one who can shoot the best. Think about how much First Person Shooter games rely on aim vs maneuverability. The reason for this is that human movement is almost meaningless when you have a projectile coming at you at 200+mph.

#24 Posted by devinwifi (1323 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio

@devinwifi: Yeah. I see the battle going something like this:

Fight

Not taking any chances, Arrow fires an explosive round directly into the spot Hawkeye took cover at. However, using his expert strategy and tactics, Hawkeye is already long gone from that location, clinging to the side of the building below, avoiding the explosion completely. Arrow approaches and begins running full speed. Hawkeye decides to jump from the building and hopefully get a shot in midair before switching to his grappling arrow. He leaps off the building, only having 1 -2 seconds before impact and aims. The building is obstructing his view of Arrows lower body but he sees the top quarter of Arrow's body ( his head and shoulders ). Arrow is still sprinting towards Hawkeye's previous location. Hawkeye pulls back his bow. Takes aim. And right before he pulls, Oliver hears the stretching of his bow and quickly jerks his head to look directly at him. Hawkeye releases his arrow. Oliver quickly tries to counter by shooting a bow of his own but his aim is thrown off because he gets hit in one of his shoulders ( only his upper body was visible ). Even though his aim was off Arrow manages to hit Barton through the radius of his explosives. Barton almost gets knocked out as his grapple is pushed out of the building he attached to due to the force of the explosive and he has to shoot another one quickly, just barely saving himself from being flattened on the ground below.

Decisive Moment

Both opponents now know what they are up against. No longer are they holding back to study their opponent in any way shape or form. They know this next play will decide the battle. Arrow unfortunately only has 1 explosive round left, having used his two shots already. Hawkeye switches to his explosives, not taking any more chances. He is on the street now and Arrow has the high ground. Hawkeye turns around, running to get distance, knowing distance to be his advantage here. Getting a location in the middle where he has great lines of sight in all directions he waits, and circles around trying to guess where Arrow will be coming from. Arrow gets first sights. He sees Hawkeye a fraction of a second before Hawkeye sees him and immediately goes to take the shot. But Hawkeye pulls back his bow and has 3 explosive arrows in his hand. The first arrow he uses to shoot Oliver's arrow in midair, causing a mass explosion between the two. The second arrow, he shoots almost in tandem with the first, this one is aimed a little to the left of Oliver, in case he tries to evade this way. And the last arrow he shoots slightly to the right of Oliver, leaving him no place to go.

Arrow explodes and fails his city. Hawkeye wins!

Summary

They are both extremely good archers and combatants but Barton's insane speed, archery, and tech is no match for Arrow.

#26 Edited by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio

More specific spot I see the fight going down at:

No Caption Provided
#27 Posted by devinwifi (1323 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by WastelandMan (8812 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#29 Edited by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio

@m_man:

Look at that explosion! I know some of it is from the aircraft but its gigantic. Is it safe to safe Hawkeyes explosive arrows have greater radius? ( I haven't seen Arrow use any yet ).

@devinwifi: Yeah. It would be a good fight, I think aim is more important than agility here.

#30 Edited by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#31 Edited by I_Am_Lightning (3496 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye.

#32 Posted by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by I_Am_Lightning (3496 posts) - - Show Bio

@car0nshell: yuppers.

He's just overral more skilled and better equiped.

#34 Edited by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_am_lightning: Very true, however I think if this was a close quarters H2H fight Oliver takes this. The thing is, I think if these two ever met the first encounter would be long range, where they are both sharp shooting, in which case Hawkeye simply out shoots him.

#35 Posted by I_Am_Lightning (3496 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Volkana (1 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio

@volkana: Just saw episode 9 of Arrow. Good show but that episode solidifies my opinion even more. Don't know who this guy was who he fought, but it didn't seem to turn out too good for Queen. So Hawkeye obviously > this dude, and this dude beat arrow in semi close range archery fight.

#38 Posted by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just another thought I had, but might not change things too much: Hawkeye is an Avenger. This means he regularly hangs with Demi gods, Iron men, Aliens, and Super soldiers. I wonder how much of that has rubbed off on him? How much of this has bettered his preparation for the unexpected or even the supernatural in battle? Oliver, no doubt, has recently begun hanging out with people like the Flash, etc. But I don't think the Flash in that universe yet compares with the people the Avengers are regularly involved with. Just another reason to vote Hawkeye IMO.

#39 Posted by DarthAznable (16928 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye shoots him.

Batm..I mean Arrow isn't on his level of aim. In h2h he'd beat Clint though.

#40 Posted by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
#41 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (4551 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow destroys Hawkeye in h2h. As for the fight, both have impressive feats and are somewhat comparable marksmen.

I can see both of them closing the distance and engaging in close combat, Hawkeye will not last long in that department.

#42 Posted by newecho (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

Not even close as hawkeye barely has feats,,, Let him at least get this next movie under his belt before this thread is made...

#43 Edited by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by gokuss4z (3422 posts) - - Show Bio

From a distance Hawkeye in h2h Oliver.

I would say Hawkeye 6/10

#45 Posted by Kokemabb200 (3400 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye absolutely wrecks

#46 Posted by newecho (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

@car0nshell: ok??? he shot his bow and arrow good,,, so does Ollie.... Ollie has to many feats for that hawkeye

#47 Edited by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio

@newecho: Good? You call that shot "good"? I'm watching Arrow and Oliver already has missed like 1000 times and never has he pulled a no look shot. Hawkeye had to calculate the trajectory of the aircraft and shoot at just the right time, all without seeing it. Almost superhuman accuracy. Don't get me wrong. Oliver is exceptional too, but there are other archers in Starling City that are as good as him. In MCU Hawkeye IS the best archer period.

#48 Posted by newecho (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

@car0nshell: My point is that hawkeye has only fired what 20 arrows on screen?? not enough to put him on ollies level... and the show has shown Ollie from his origin til now... Hawkeye was already hawkeye in avengers...

#49 Edited by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio

@newecho: Yep, we have Ollie for 3 seasons and only a few hours of Hawkeye and still Ollie has never pulled a shot like that. Oliver may progress in coming episodes but this is current versions anyway.

By the way it is quality, not quantity. Arrow could fire a million arrows all day long that doesn't mean he could take down the Hawk.

#50 Posted by newecho (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

@car0nshell: You seem a little biased??... but he has done shots that seem impossible,, ie he has deflected objects that were fired... He also misses on purpose too..