No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Random encounter
  • No prior knowledge
  • In character
  • Standard equipment
  • Winner is by death, KO or incapacitation
  • Composite versions of both

Harry starts at red, Geralt starts at blue.
Harry starts at red, Geralt starts at blue.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Harry's go to spells can be dodged/blocked, if Geralt starts close enough he should win.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By the_wspanialy

Harry's go to spells can be dodged/blocked, if Geralt starts close enough he should win.

Pretty much. Honestly don't know what's stopping Geralt from speedblizting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Expeliarmus might not be good to block, which Harry would lead off with normally in character. I have no idea if it would have the same result on a sword as it does a wand, and if it would work against someone with superhuman strength holding that sword, but it is at least debatable that Geralt would become unarmed from blocking the spell.

Thay being said, Geralt still wins from being the better combatant, and it's not like he would be incapable of winning without his sword.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

Expeliarmus might not be good to block, which Harry would lead off with normally in character. I have no idea if it would have the same result on a sword as it does a wand, and if it would work against someone with superhuman strength holding that sword, but it is at least debatable that Geralt would become unarmed from blocking the spell.

What if it's blocked with Quen, Geralt's force field?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Xerolot

Mismatch on Geralts favor. It was stated mutiple time in the books that top wizards move way too fast for Harry. Those wizards are slightly above arrow timers by feats. Geralt who moves at blur speeds will destroy Harry. Even if Expeliarmus will work he can murder him with bare hands and signs. Harry is top but top of the average tier. @lubub55

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@tparks said:
@rogueshadow said:

Thay being said, Geralt still wins from being the better combatant, and it's not like he would be incapable of winning without his sword.

Have you posted that exact post somewhere else? I got major Deja Vu reading it.

I don't know if it would work, Geralt's sword is is inscribed with runes, in the books he uses it to blocks spells:

“A powerful oscillation of his Witcher's medallion warned him of a sudden assault. He jumped aside and, drawing his sword in a flash, deflected and annihilated the violent, paralysing wave of magical energy directed at him with his rune-covered blade.”

While Expelliarmus is more specifically suited to the task, given that it is a disarming spell, it's impossible to say for sure what effect it might have, but given that wands aren't in and of themselves magically defensive like Geralt's swords has proven to be, I favour the idea of it being halted by his blade.

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By haoalchemist

Geralt beat the crones/mulgrath. Top witches/warlock whose spells decimated entire villages.

Harry gets murked

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I may have at some point.

I can get on board with your theory too.

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harry stands no chance merely because of the speed factor. Thanks for the call out.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfair for Harry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The answers here are the complete opposite of what I was expecting.

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55: Are you knowledgeable about Hpverse? Many people who don't know much about this verse think that Harry is powerfull. Harry is not even in top 10 of strongest wizards in hpverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerolot: My Harry Potter knowledge is pretty lackluster, though I have seen all the movies and I read some of the books a few years ago. Are there any characters from it who would be a good match for Geralt?

Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerolot: Harry would likely be in the top 10. Top 5, no chance. But top 10, based on feats, yeah quite likely.

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55: Dumbledore and Voldemort have a definitely bigger chance. They mastery over teleporting, good speed/reflexes and mastery over spells are big factor. Pretty sure they would kill Geralt. Bellatrix Lestrange is very proficient too. In my thread Bellatrix vs Caranthir (check it, Bellatrix feats inside) she lost but Geralt is no Caranthir. It should be a close match. I believe that @foxerdes will help you more than me. You can ask @anthp2000 too but he isn't knowledgable about Witcherverse

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redxiii18881990: those dudes are for sure above him: Dumbledore, Voldemort, Grindelwald, Belltrix, Dolohov, Flitwick, Snape, McGonagall the rest is debatable but Black and Shacklebolt can be above him too. Of course if we are talking about overall magic not simply duealing feats.

Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerolot: and is black being there based on feats? Because he almost has none. Feats > proposed magic ability.

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redxiii18881990: Nah he's in the debatable mostly because he should be more skilled and powerfull than Harry (becoming an animag when he was like ~14?) but he's featless like you said. You know something like Moody. Hype but no feats.

Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerolot: and Rita skeeter became an animagus, as well as wormtail. So becoming one doesn't indicate power. Plenty of powerful characters can't become them.

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

@xerolot: Didn't Geralt beat Caranthir though?

In any case, I see game Geralt as being more than good enough to take most any wizard or witch in the Potterverse save maybe the absolute best. He should be able to handle Harry though.

Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: Yeah he killed Caranthir but Caranthir was figting against Ciri something like minute before his fight against Geralt.

darko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By darko1234

@xerolot: "those dudes are for sure above him: Dumbledore, Voldemort, Grindelwald, Belltrix, Dolohov, Flitwick, Snape, McGonagall the rest is debatable but Black and Shacklebolt can be above him too. Of course if we are talking about overall magic not simply duealing feats" I think that you are wrong, geralt can beat any wizard in hary poter, he is just to fast, he can easily react to crossbow, avada kadvra is much slower than that, and people that are much slower than geralt could dodge it too, crucio would not work on geralt

Pain Tolerance

During combat, witchers enter a trance which stops them from feeling pain.

Is sliced across the chest, and completely ignores the pain.

Witchers are stated to have abnormal pain resistance.

Skims the top of a fire when diving over it when the smoke rises above him and is completely unharmed.

"she lost but Geralt is no Caranthir" Geralt is more powerful than catahair.

I dont think that imperio would work on geralt, geralt have indomitable will, and he can use mind control himself, his magic is also very powerful.His speed is much greater than anyone in harry potter universe

Here are some of his speed feats, you can see them on his Respect Thread

Speed of geralt of rivia

Reflexes

He also have powerful fire manipulation

So he can stomp anyone, geralt is underrated, he is force to be reckon with, he can solo hogwarts easily , he can kill dozens and dozens of wizards in blink of eye.His magic shield can also protect him from spells

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Harry actually.

Vulkanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone that thinks Harry wins is delusional.

Vilgefortz and Detlaff >>>>>>>>>>>> anything Harry has done.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geralt.

Harry has the same problem as every other HP wizard. Plenty of raw power but very limited combat speed.

AceOfSspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if Harry uses expelliarmus to take geralt's sword alway, the wolf doesn't need it, he killed a rock troll in a fist'fight.
He's speed feats are away above Harry, a hundred years old experience in combat with monsters,demons,warriors and sorcerers way stronger then our Potter friend.
He would just destroy the boy if he wanted to, but i think he would just get close enough and throw a punch, and it's game over.

Boyo_bard5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-6349385499256
deactivated-6349385499256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harry's spells can't get past Aard anyway, so he dies in any scenario.

Boyo_bard5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geralt with his crazy acrobats moves kicks harry's head apart and then apologizes for beating a teenager.