Vs

Voldemort

No Caption Provided
  • Team have perfect team work

• Voldemort has his Yew and Phoenix feather wand

• Morals off

• Fight at the Ministry of Magic

Round 2:

Harry has elder wand, resurrection stone, and invisibility cloak.

Round 3:

Proffesor Snape, McGonagall, and Flitwick join in to help.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cpt_nice

Voldemort roflstomps round 1 and 2. Loses round 3 but the trio die and maybe one of the professors too.

SnakeEyes4597

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SnakeEyes4597
Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
deactivated-5a98875cd0f94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Voldemort murks them in the first two rounds. Team might just win in the third round, though Voldy could definitely win. Ron+Hermione are basically one-shottable fodder, and Snape already was dropped easily- McGonagall and Flitwick were also tossed aside by Voldemort when Kingsley was there as well.

WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanitrize1999:

A flick of Voldemort's wand, Snape had a mortal wound in his neck and was helpless, collapsing to the floor. Yeah, that was no fight scenario, but Snape really has no business contending with Voldemort or doing anything more than avoid a curbstomp.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't Harry stall Voldemort with that Priori Incantatem thing in R1? The other 2 might be able to cheap shot him while he's busy.

WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WeAreTheFlash

@thesithmaster: because Snape didn't even try to react. What do you think he's gonna do, pull out his wand infront of voldemort. Voldemorts wand was in his hand, while Snapes was in his pocket or something.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Tom murders R1 and 2 with zero difficulty.

I personally believe the professors alone could take R3 with a casualty. The children are non-factor but they're still 3 more mediocre wizards to help overwhelm with numbers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

How? Shacklebolt, McGonagall and Flitwick were all blown away by Voldemort. The professors on their own would lose, and badly.

PenguinLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 and goes to Voldemort embarrassingly easily. Not one of them can stand up to Voldemort. Round 2 is slightly harder, but in the case of Dumbledore vs Grindelwald with the elder wand, skill proved to be the deciding factor, and Voldemort is ridiculously more skilled than Harry, even in the movie versions.

Round 3 is trickier. I am personally of the belief that Voldemort could still take this, albeit with considerably more difficulty. As we see in book 7, a Voldemort using a wand that does not belong to him duels Mcgonagall, Kingsley and Slughorn to a stalemate while they are protected by Harry's blood sacrifice, before they are blasted away upon his discovering that Bellatrix has been killed. In case anyone is wondering, Voldemort makes multiple references throughout the book to the lessened power of the wand, which limits his output and abilities.

Now, substitute this wand with the one that allowed Voldemort to hold his own (for a limited amount of time) against a Dumbledore with full mastery of the wand, a wizard who I have no trouble believing could take every one of these rounds singlehandedly.

I'd say Voldemort takes all 3 rounds, with the third round being somewhat more difficult than the first two.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

Dunno why people say Voldy takes round 2 when Harry was able to overpower Voldemort with just his phoenix wand twice.

Turr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol this thread. Harry Ron and Hermione are just kids with a lot of luck and some wits. They would barely be enough to defeat a couple of random adult wizards. Voldemort is supposed to be a wizard so powerful he can make 100 adult wizards obey his every wish in fear like dogs. He is completely different caliber. In the books he was defeated because of plot device, not their skill.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@thesithmaster:

1. That was Shacklebolt, McGonagall and Slughorn (which kinda helps my case considering Flitwick > Kingsley and Snape > Slughorn clearly, main reason I think this team can do it)

2. They were stalemating until Bellatrix got killed. I could just as easily assume the professors would blow Tom out of the way if he had killed Albus or whatever atm. Rowling, not only outright stated, but also established in the books that love is the most powerful magic. Or at least whatever Voldemort felt for Bella. Emotional outburst regardless.

3. I know they were kind of "protected" by Harry's spell. That doesn't change the fact that we don't know to what extent this affected him. What we do know is that some wizards who are fodder to someone 1 on 1 can give him hell 3 on 1. Bellatrix had trouble getting the better of Hermione, Luna and Ginny (granted she didn't have her wand there but neither did Hermione so it's almost evened out).

So yeah, the professors can do it imo. But if you think they wouldn't be able to do it alone, what makes you think the kids would be able to turn the tides?

thejulkkis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort stomps first two rounds with complete ease.

Might lose the third round though.

ComanderMurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If any of these wizards could take Voldemort then there would be no reason for the entire story. Unless you're Dumbledore or Harry(due to plot) he murders you. In his duel with Albus they showed a level of magic that we've seen from no other wizard in the story. Voldy can straight posses people.

vooon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vooon

@comandermurf: said:

If any of these wizards could take Voldemort then there would be no reason for the entire story. Unless you're Dumbledore or Harry(due to plot) he murders you. In his duel with Albus they showed a level of magic that we've seen from no other wizard in the story. Voldy can straight posses people.

This.

@ninjawarrior268 said:

Dunno why people say Voldy takes round 2 when Harry was able to overpower Voldemort with just his phoenix wand twice.

That's plot-induced stupidity. The Elder Wand doesn't make you invincible as we've seen throughtout the duel between Dumbledor and Grindelwand. @penguinlover: "skill proved to be the deciding factor, and Voldemort is ridiculously more skilled than Harry, even in the movie versions".

Honestly Tom takes all 3 rounds. The last one will give him more of a challenge but that's it. The Trinity will go down basically instantly without plot armor and Tom proved he's capable of dueling multiple high-tier wizards at once before.

PenguinLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PenguinLover

@anthp2000:

2. They were stalemating until Bellatrix got killed.

While Voldemort was using a wand that didn't belong to him and they were protected by Harry's blood sacrifice, which was stated to have prevented Voldemort from harming them, per Harry's own words:

"Haven't you noticed how none of the spells you put on them are binding? You can't torture them, you can't touch them."

Despite this major disadvantage, coupled with his lack of mastery over the elder wand, Voldemort was still able to fight the three wizards to a stalemate. If that doesn't indicate his superiority, I don't know what does. Moreover, Mcgonagall, Slughorn and Kingsley are explicitly stated to be unable to defeat this severely weakened and disadvantaged version of Voldemort - "and there was cold hatred in his face as they wove and ducked around him, unable to finish him."

I could just as easily assume the professors would blow Tom out of the way if he had killed Albus or whatever atm.

You can, but that hasn't happened, so right now it's just speculation. Voldemort has always been portrayed as the second most powerful wizard in the Harry Potter universe, being comfortably above the likes of Mcgonagall, Flitwick, etc. Also, on a minor note, if they were truly comparable to him, then they wouldn't hold his name in such abject terror as to call him "You-Know-Who" or "He who must not be named".

Rowling, not only outright stated, but also established in the books that love is the most powerful magic. Or at least whatever Voldemort felt for Bella. Emotional outburst regardless.

Regardless, they have repeatedly stated throughout the books that Voldemort is incapable of feeling love, with his feelings for Nagini and possibly Bellatrix being a mere shadow of the emotions others can feel.

3. I know they were kind of "protected" by Harry's spell. That doesn't change the fact that we don't know to what extent this affected him. What we do know is that some wizards who are fodder to someone 1 on 1 can give him hell 3 on 1. Bellatrix had trouble getting the better of Hermione, Luna and Ginny (granted she didn't have her wand there but neither did Hermione so it's almost evened out).

I refer again to Harry's quote to Voldemort: "Haven't you noticed how none of the spells you put on them are binding? You can't torture them, you can't touch them."

In the case of Hermione, Luna and Ginny, the three witches are considered to be some of the most powerful of their generation and are stated to be fighting at their hardest, yet no such claim is made about Bellatrix. Regardless, this is assuming that Bellatrix is even comparable to book Voldemort, who held his own against Dumbledore for a while whilst Bellatrix was very quickly neutralised.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@penguinlover said:

@anthp2000:

While Voldemort was using a wand that didn't belong to him and they were protected by Harry's blood sacrifice, which was stated to have prevented Voldemort from harming them, per Harry's own words:

"Haven't you noticed how none of the spells you put on them are binding? You can't torture them, you can't touch them."

Despite this major disadvantage, coupled with his lack of mastery over the elder wand, Voldemort was still able to fight the three wizards to a stalemate. If that doesn't indicate his superiority, I don't know what does. Moreover, Mcgonagall, Slughorn and Kingsley are explicitly stated to be unable to defeat this severely weakened and disadvantaged version of Voldemort - "and there was cold hatred in his face as they wove and ducked around him, unable to finish him."

Again, I know what Harry said. What I don't know is at what level it affected his performance. That could mean anything from "your spells are weaker" to "your spells are useless". Clearly, his spells weren't useless at all since they were stalemating, therefore he could fight at the very least at a basic level, it's clear that he wasn't just defending.

As for the quote about them being unable to defeat him, this is a statement about them being unable to finish him for the time being. We don't know how things would have turned out later (I think it's clear the team wouldn't have won regardless but you're forgetting that this is not Slughorn and Kingsley here). I personally believe that Severus, Minerva, Fillius and Bellatrix are potentially the most powerful wizards under the Albus/Tom/Gellert trio, and you have 3 of them here.

Also, lack of mastery over the Elder Wand is next to nothing compared to the sheer power the wand grants to the user the way I see it. It's been repeatedly stated that it is the most powerful wand, which is why Tom wanted this one more than anything.

You can, but that hasn't happened, so right now it's just speculation. Voldemort has always been portrayed as the second most powerful wizard in the Harry Potter universe, being comfortably above the likes of Mcgonagall, Flitwick, etc. Also, on a minor note, if they were truly comparable to him, then they wouldn't hold his name in such abject terror as to call him "You-Know-Who" or "He who must not be named".

It was an emotional outburst, the team didn't have one. If Tom could just blast them away consistently, he would have done it from the beggining instead of wasting his time with them.
Yes of course they would get stomped by him 1 on 1, I already stated my opinion on this logic below.

Regardless, they have repeatedly stated throughout the books that Voldemort is incapable of feeling love, with his feelings for Nagini and possibly Bellatrix being a mere shadow of the emotions others can feel.

Which is why I stated whatever the emotion was. Regardless, it's emotion. He needed an outburst to blast them away.

In the case of Hermione, Luna and Ginny, there three witches are considered to be some of the most powerful of their generation and are stated to be fighting at their hardest, yet no such claim is made about Bellatrix.

Harry, Ron and Hermione (a trio most likely superior to the girls) got apprehended by the Snatchers that Bellatrix stomped in seconds. And I'm only refering to the Deathly Hallows because if we include her having Harry on the run in OOTP it could be called "outdated". I think it's been made pretty clear that she was leagues above any of them.

Yes, but why would Bellatrix waste her time with these children? It is of my opinion that, with the line about Ginny almost getting killed, Lestrange was winning the duel at some point, but it was clear that she couldn't just defeat them the whole time, let alone stomp them.

On a sidenote, I don't think Luna was ever cosidered one of the most witches of her generation.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

In his duel with Albus they showed a level of magic that we've seen from no other wizard in the story. Voldy can straight posses people.

You think what he did in his duel with Albus is better than what 3 wizards of that level can pull of at once? The duel between Snape and McGonagall alone had some exceptional moments. In a 3v1, they could make full use of some of their most unique abilities, transfiguration, flight and so on. I don't see how he can handle such level of spells from 3 different people at once.

PenguinLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again, I know what Harry said. What I don't know is at what level it affected his performance. That could mean anything from "your spells are weaker" to "your spells are useless". Clearly, his spells weren't useless at all since they were stalemating, therefore he could fight at the very least at a basic level, it's clear that he wasn't just defending.

The thing is, his spells were far less effective than they should have been. Neville was able to break free from the binding spell Voldemort placed on him, and his numerous attempts to silence the crowd that had gathered after Harry's supposed death were met with failure, only holding for about a minute at a time.

As for the quote about them being unable to defeat him, this is a statement about them being unable to finish him for the time being. We don't know how things would have turned out later (I think it's clear the team wouldn't have won regardless but you're forgetting that this is not Slughorn and Kingsley here).

No, it's not. However, I am personally of the believe that should you substitute in Flitwick and Snape, it would make very little difference. The only showing they have against Voldemort is against an iteration of the character who (apologies for the repetition) possessed a wand that did not owe him its allegiance while he fought against the same blood magic that caused his downfall the first time by reflecting his own killing curses back at him. Without that edge, I doubt that even Mcgonagall, Flitwick and Snape would be able to hold their own against him for long.

I personally believe that Severus, Minerva, Fillius and Bellatrix are potentially the most powerful wizards under the Albus/Tom/Gellert trio, and you have 3 of them here.

I'm inclined to agree, though I don't think being a tier or two below them does not mean that they would not get stomped by Albus, Tom or Gellert.

Off-topic a little, but I'd probably put Albus and Gellert in a tier of their own, simply because they were often portrayed as equals whereas Voldemort is constantly said to be scared of Dumbledore, and was relatively quickly defeated in their duel in the Ministry of Magic.

Also, lack of mastery over the Elder Wand is next to nothing compared to the sheer power the wand grants to the user the way I see it. It's been repeatedly stated that it is the most powerful wand, which is why Tom wanted this one more than anything.

Yes, it is said to be the most powerful wand ever created. However, just possessing it doesn't mean you can effectively use it, otherwise Voldemort wouldn't have kept complaining about it.

It was an emotional outburst, the team didn't have one. If Tom could just blast them away consistently, he would have done it from the beggining instead of wasting his time with them.

Fair enough. I still think that his inability to defeat them is down to the aforementioned circumstances, but I'll drop this for now.

Yes of course they would get stomped by him 1 on 1, I already stated my opinion on this logic below.

Sorry, wasn't trying to question your stance on that.

Which is why I stated whatever the emotion was. Regardless, it's emotion. He needed an outburst to blast them away.

Fair enough.

Harry, Ron and Hermione (a trio most likely superior to the girls) got apprehended by the Snatchers that Bellatrix stomped in seconds. And I'm only refering to the Deathly Hallows because if we include her having Harry on the run in OOTP it could be called "outdated".

I feel like this is somewhat lowballing the trio, to be honest. They were only caught because Harry was a twit and said Voldemort's name after a sort of locating charm had been placed on it, and they only chose not to fight back because they were caught off-guard. Besides, Harry was jinxed by Hermione before he could do anything.

I think it's been made pretty clear that she was leagues above any of them.

Honestly, none of the Snatchers were that impressive magically. The only one of them I'd acknowledge as being somewhat powerful is Greyback, and he is often shown to prefer fighting hand to hand than with a wand.

Yes, but why would Bellatrix waste her time with these children? It is of my opinion that, with the line about Ginny almost getting killed, Lestrange was winning the duel at some point, but it was clear that she couldn't just defeat them the whole time, let alone stomp them.

You forget that Bellatrix is outright barmy at this point. Considering her power levels and her rather arrogant nature, I don't think she ever doubted that she'd lose the duel, a fact emphasised by her expression of shock when she's later struck down by a bloodlusted Molly Weasley, who I personally don't believe is even comparable to Lestrange in power. Therefore, I'm forced to put it down to her insanity and arrogance getting the better of her.

On a sidenote, I don't think Luna was ever cosidered one of the most witches of her generation.

Eh, I'm using that loosely simply due to her feats as a member of Dumbledore's Army, etc.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harry and his friends only beat voldemort due to prophecy and plot devices. In a straight up fight he shows them how puny of wizards they are compared to him.

MyGod000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent said:

Harry and his friends only beat voldemort due to prophecy and plot devices. In a straight up fight he shows them how puny of wizards they are compared to him.

why bump this thread? Voldemort wins all rounds easily.

Avatar image for theonewhoknocks
TheOneWhoKnocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort all rounds

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort stomps 1 and 2.

Round 3 is interesting and the only round worth discussing. I would actually lean to Tom, the trio is useless, Snape and Minerva are low on feats and Flitwick, whilst formidable, doesn't really have any business being compared to Voldemort. Voldemort high difficulty due to numbers.

Avatar image for thebluedragon20
thebluedragon20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort stomps the first rounds.

R3 is closer. He has already taken on a similar team of Minerva, kingsley, and slughorn while hindered, but I would say flitwick is at least superior to slughorn based on hype. Id still go with voldemort

MyGod000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort Simply ROTLCURBSTOMPS round 1 and 2, R3 is closer but still Voldemort wins he already dueled similar level of Wizards while hindered.

it's pretty much implied that simply having more numbers over Voldemort isn't going beat Him.