Harry Potter drinks Felix Felicis. How powerful does he become?

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 the_wspanialy  Online

As in title. Does Felix Felicis makes Harry more powerful? If so, how much? Who (in his own universe) can he beat?

Avatar image for thebluedragon20
thebluedragon20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it makes them more powerful per se, it's not an amp. It just makes them more lucky. Spells that otherwise would have hit seem to miss, the enemy trips on a convenient rock, that sort of thing.

That being said, with Felix Felicis Harry should be able to get the upper hand over low mid tiers (inner circle death eaters, Tonks, etc).

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Felix Felicis just activates PIS. There's really no way to tell who he can beat and who he can't after a full dose.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

Felix is low level probability manipulation but it also acts as type of extra sense in the user's brain: Felix was 'speaking' in Harry's mind, prompting him what to say to Slughorn to extract information and also when not to speak, pause etc. So we can hypothesize it acts as precog or planning as well in a 1 v 1 but this is still too speculative.

We don't know the extent to which it would affect higher level duels so:

@rbt said:

There's really no way to tell who he can beat and who he can't after a full dose.

Yah.

Avatar image for deactivated-605cf6d79b04a
deactivated-605cf6d79b04a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It probably would put him on Lupin/Sirius level.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it makes them more powerful per se, it's not an amp. It just makes them more lucky. Spells that otherwise would have hit seem to miss, the enemy trips on a convenient rock, that sort of thing.

That being said, with Felix Felicis Harry should be able to get the upper hand over low mid tiers (inner circle death eaters, Tonks, etc).

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee7bc79c5c93
deactivated-5ee7bc79c5c93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He isn’t beating any high tier (Snape, Bellatrix...), he can possibly beat mid-tiers (Tonks, low professors...).

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a battle.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

He solos the verse

ShadowMewto425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie@rbtAccording to the Harry Potter fan wiki, "Felix Felicis, also called "Liquid Luck", is a magical potion that makes the drinker lucky for a period of time, during which everything they attempt will be successful. It turns an ordinary day into an extraordinary one". I interpret this to mean that, whatever he does, he wins. So, if he tried to defeat Voldemort, he would do it. If he tried to destroy the entire world, he would do it. It literally makes him have no restrictions on anything, he could do literally anything. It would easily put him past Snape, Bellatrix, Grindlewald, etc.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowmewto425: That's called NLF. And also doesn't make much sense story wise. If all it took was a highschooler to drink a bit of potion to beat Voldemort, he wouldn't have been such a massive threat. There must be some sort of limit to it. But as I said, there is really no way to know what those limits were.

ShadowMewto425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt I assume you know who Seamus Gorman is?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt I assume you know who Seamus Gorman is?

Nope. No clue. Should I know who he is?

ShadowMewto425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: He is a leading theorist in the community who works with people such as Vegard and Super Carlin Brothers. He actually suggested a theory that Aberforth put Felix Felicius in the Golden Trio's drinks before the battle of Hogwarts. The video is linked here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77WZT85CVl4 if you want to watch. I am suggesting that Harry did take Felix Felicius before killing Voldemort.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

I think Felix Felicis just activates PIS. There's really no way to tell who he can beat and who he can't after a full dose.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bayman007

This is from the HBP;

"Now, I must give you warning that Felix Felicis is a banned substance in organized competitions . . . sporting events, for instance, examinations, or elections. So the winner is to use it on an ordinary day only . . . and watch how that ordinary day becomes extraordinary!”

So it is banned from Sporting events, like Dueling? If so then it must help you win.

Slughorn also said this about it, and using it himself;

"Yes, it's a funny little potion, Felix Felicis," said Slughorn. "Desperately tricky to make, and disastrous to get wrong. However, if brewed correctly, as this has been, you will find that all your endeavors tend to succeed"

Have you ever taken it, sir?" asked Michael Corner with great interest. "Twice in my life," said Slughorn. "Once when I was twenty-four, once when I was fifty-seven. Two tablespoonfuls taken with breakfast. Two perfect days."

ShadowMewto425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowMewto425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm, this forum has been dead for nine hours, anyone want to say anything else?

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 socajunkie  Moderator

@shadowmewto425: Yah I don’t need a wiki explanation when I’ve read the books.

Hermione tells Harry luck can only get you so far and can’t overcome particular spells which would fall under methods used by certain powerful wizards depending on the situation.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may have just imagined this but wasn't it stated that people used felix felicis to cheat in duels and such? So it would probably make you more viable in combat at least to some degree.

Avatar image for rosalinagalaxy3
Rosalinagalaxy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To me this is sth like destiny manipulation power like super luck

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ginny Hermione and Ron were able to dodge all the Death Eaters curses but otherwise unable to out duel them; the same foes Harry cut a swathe through when going after Snape and Draco. So I’d say it isn’t that big of an amp in battle.

ShadowMewto425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie Which do you think has a more viable opinion, what a full-grown adult who teaches potions says, or what a 16-year old says. (HINT: It's not the sixteen-year old)

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

@shadowmewto425 said:

@socajunkie Which do you think has a more viable opinion, what a full-grown adult who teaches potions says, or what a 16-year old says. (HINT: It's not the sixteen-year old)

Ya no nice try. Nowhere did Slughorn say it's a guaranteed win, he said all your endeavours tend to succeed. Meaning it's down to probability and puts things into your favour. This doesn't translate to it being used as a NLF to where you become invincible and cannot lose a duel, I'll point towards the 24th post here:

Ginny Hermione and Ron were able to dodge all the Death Eaters curses but otherwise unable to out duel them; the same foes Harry cut a swathe through when going after Snape and Draco. So I’d say it isn’t that big of an amp in battle.

This is spot on. Felix isn't the all-powerful potion you're making it out to be where one dose lets the user solo a group of Voldemort, Dumbledore, Grindelwald and Merlin. And before you try to use the 'two perfect days' there's absolutely nothing implying he got into duels and if he did, the level of his opponent wasn't specified. Somebody using Felix to stomp a peer is one thing, that's fair, a first year using it to beat a seasoned auror is a completely different matter.

So Hermione's words still stand. If Slughorn had straight up stated that Felix lets you beat anybody regardless of level then you'd have a point and his words would take priority. However in this case, Hermione's words are not contradicted so dismissing her as a random 16 year old doesn't hold weight considering she's right about most theories magical in the series, is an intellectual prodigy so far ahead of everyone else, the Ministry trusted her with a device to turn back time when she was thirteen because she was a model student.