Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

ROUND 1

Random encounter

Morals on

Standard gear for both (Both get the usual gear they carry so their guns and Harry gets his staff, bracelet etc)

No upgrades for either (Standard power levels for both with no boosts, so no mantles, no armors etc)

Battle to the death/KO

ROUND 2

Semi-knowledge but nothing concrete, no prep but both are aware of the other's reputation.

Harry is the Winter Knight and Skulduggery is Lord Vile

Both have their gear (as before)

To the death, neither holding back or at least what can be considered a win

ROUND 3

Most of the same stipulations as R2 but both have several days of preparation and freed to bring in outside help or come up with any tricks or traps they may have in mind

Streets of Chicago at midnight

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump!

Mark_Infinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Mark_Infinity

Hmm... I've never read any of the Dresden Files books, so whatever I've gleaned about Harry is purely based off the wikia.

R1: These guys seem pretty evenly matched. I'd give the slight edge to Skulduggery, just because he's had hundreds of years experience with magic and can manipulate all four elements easily enough.

R2: Again, I give this to the Skul-man. Lord Vile is an absolute beast and he's strong enough to turn the tide of a war. I'm serious. In the Death Bringer, Valkyrie visits an alternate dimension where Mevolent was never defeated and the mortals (non-magic users) were held in oppression. The only thing different from her reality was that Lord Vile was still alive. He successfully tied with Darquesse and that in itself is no small feat. Again, I have no idea the full capabilities of the Winter Knight armor so if anyone could enlighten me, that'd be great.

R3: This is an absolute stomp for Vile. Skulduggery can boost Vile's armor in the Accelerator and with that sort of power, he's estimated to have city-busting powers.

slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_infinity said:

Hmm... I've never read any of the Dresden Files books, so whatever I've gleaned about Harry is purely based off the wikia.

R1: These guys seem pretty evenly matched. I'd give the slight edge to Skulduggery, just because he's had hundreds of years experience with magic and can manipulate all four elements easily enough.

R2: Again, I give this to the Skul-man. Lord Vile is an absolute beast and he's strong enough to turn the tide of a war. I'm serious. In the Death Bringer, Valkyrie visits an alternate dimension where Mevolent was never defeated and the mortals (non-magic users) were held in oppression. The only thing different from her reality was that Lord Vile was still alive. He successfully tied with Darquesse and that in itself is no small feat. Again, I have no idea the full capabilities of the Winter Knight armor so if anyone could enlighten me, that'd be great.

R3: This is an absolute stomp for Vile. Skulduggery can boost Vile's armor in the Accelerator and with that sort of power, he's estimated to have city-busting powers.

R1:

Well yeah they seem pretty evenly matched, I concur.

It is certainly close.

Base Harry is extremely skilled in fire magic even can make use of soulfire which uses bits of the soul to boost it. Harry actually managed to use it to burn magically conceptual chains from his hands but it left his extremely winded as it was a cosmic type being (who may or may not have been holding back)

Just some random feats.

In his earlier works he's been able to blast an extremely powerful werewolf through three walls I think it was, stop high scale magic attacks and falling elevator shafts with his shield, he's easily deflected from a younger wizard and in earlier who he admitted was much more skilled fire magic then him.

He basically outclassed her in experince and then simply blew her away into a wall opposite end of the room.

Harry gets BEAT UP a lot.....and I mean a lot, a lot to the point he's developed an extremely high pain tolerance, still hurts but he's able to block out bruises and broken fingers or wrists out better then he used to.

Some other good feats hmmmm (sorry been awhile since I read them all) he is most known for his magical brute strength so most of his heavy damage is flame based, blasts of just force and wind sometimes. But he's been steadily improving in skills such as illusion magic and veils but Ill need to go back and look to explain any feats further.

R2

Well

This one is a bit easier as its more recent.

The Winter Mantle isn't an armor its more like an uprgrade of sorts what the mantle does is give Harry a strength, speed, improved ice magic and durability boost. He was able to outsprint a half vampire, cracked the sternum of a half vampire with a kick and now easier able to call down things like ice shards or freeze on a whim then he once was.

The Mantle also plays into Harry's baser instincts, when he stops resisting it he was shown to become far more animalistic in terms of speed and agility. It was only showed briefly but he attempted to cut the throat of that book's big bad with his nails after leaping/sprinting towards her (she is considered a small god in the Dresdenverse, his enemy in that book) and was even managed to blitz her enough to get her on the ground.

The mantle makes him more resistant to frost magic, it also basically turns off his pain sensors and ups his agression (making him much more violent and vicious). It basically allows him to ignore injury, so if say if he's been stabbed or anything broken he normally doesn't notice.

Some other random feats in this form. Froze a hitman's gun, froze vamps solid, killed a powerful vampiric mage in a duel with ice spears and he defeated the Summer Knight who while extremely powerful. The knight in question destroyed a yeti/frost troll with an MnM sized fire ball.

Just reduced it to ash.

Harry used a combination of veils, the Mantle and his general wizarding skills to outsmart and beat his counterpart Knight.

Though with this form Harry develops a weakness to cold iron sadly

R3

Harry is no slouch in prep.

He's been growing into quite the chessmaster but as morals are off in this battle he knows the spell of the Darkhallow which is a neromancy spell that requires the sacrifce of an entire city to pull it off which Harry would never do.

But someone with the Darkhallow basically becomes a dark god of sorts (at least possibly city level or above, it would be) but aside from that. The only way I think Harry could take this is if he had a very well thought out plan.

He'd have to trick Vile or use manipulation but as its not in his character to use the DH and the Darkhallow's true power is unknown he is outclassed in terms of raw power in this one I'd say.

Hope my information helped a little.

Thoughts? And hey if you like Urban fantasy, you should check out DF, I kept my run down as spoiler free as possible :D, didn't reveal much to important. But yeah! Its a lot like Skuluduggery!

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harry easily beats Skulduggery in the first round. Much more powerful and versatile.

Round 2 could go either way, maybe a nod to Vile. Ice magic could one-shot Vile or a soulfire-infused fireball could make it through most of his defences. But Vile can go from attacking to defending easier.

Probably Harry. Skulduugery could get the Dead Men, Valkyrie, some Cleavers, some military equipment and cloaking spheres but Harry can get a few regiments of Faerie warriors, a pack of werewolves, some Paraneters, Elaine, a Winter Lady, a zombie dinosaur, the Za Lord's Guard with nailguns, some Wardens, a Knight of the Cross, Murphy, Thomas and any number of magical persons that would want him as an ally, which, right now, is a LOT.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AlphaQ

Just realized that Vile would probably win the prep round if he just death bubble snipes Harry from afar.

slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmmm

Interesting posts so far.

I was surprised this battle hadn't been done yet

dynamite75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dynamite75

Skulduggery wins all 3 rounds

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skulduggery wins all 3 rounds

How can Skulduggery beat Harry in the first round?

Here's a great respect thread for Harry. I'd recommend you read it thoroughly, purely because it's so well made.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq said:

Just realized that Vile would probably win the prep round if he just death bubble snipes Harry from afar.

To add to this I think that if Harry is allowed to go to Demonreach he'd be able to avoid being sniped, both because Demonreach is hugely powerful and has shown some degree of soul manip before, kinda.

slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq said:
@alphaq said:

To add to this I think that if Harry is allowed to go to Demonreach he'd be able to avoid being sniped, both because Demonreach is hugely powerful and has shown some degree of soul manip before, kinda.

Demonreach would be a bit unfair as Harry could call up Alfred or simply imprison Skull on it.

So I didn't set it there.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slacker_the_hacker Okay, then I don't see Harry winning that round, bar maybe calling up a god or something, which is a possibility since now that he has Demonreach loads of magical entity will want him as an ally or completing the Darkhollow, although I'm not sure what it would do if he were to try it not on Halloween. Actually now that I think about it Faeries don't have souls so it's questionable if the death bubble will work on them.

slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq said:

@slacker_the_hacker Okay, then I don't see Harry winning that round, bar maybe calling up a god or something, which is a possibility since now that he has Demonreach loads of magical entity will want him as an ally or completing the Darkhollow, although I'm not sure what it would do if he were to try it not on Halloween. Actually now that I think about it Faeries don't have souls so it's questionable if the death bubble will work on them.

I'm pretty sure Harry still has a soul, he can still use soulfire and all fae were mortal once apparently or possibly. So I'm not sure they are entirely without one.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AlphaQ

@slacker_the_hacker Oh Harry certainly has a soul, I don't think his Mantle will ever go that far, I think the whole point of having the Knights are so you have someone under your control that still has enough free will to be considered human.

Harry once said that Mab doesn't have a soul, so he wasn't worried about a soulglaze. I'd say they probably have a life force, so maybe Vile can just take that though.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Skul wins all 3 rounds.

R1: Pretty even match. Both are very skilled h2h combatants and both have near superhuman physical stats. However, Skulduggery has a lot more experience using magic, being over 400 years old, so I give this to the Skeleton Detective.

R2: Skulduggery wins this handily. As Lord Vile, Skul is one of the most powerful sorcerers in existence. His magic is insanely powerful and he has managed to slaughter hundreds--nay, thousands of powerful mages easily with no help. This fight goes to Skulduggery easily.

R3: This is one of the biggest massive murder CURBSTOMPS in the history of fiction. Skulduggery is already a powerful sorcerer, even without the Lord Vile armour. Now, if ya give him the Armour he is a complete, total super-badass who could take on gods and win. When you give Skulduggery preparation time AND the Lord Vile armour, you have basically created a being who in his own universe, CAN NOT BE STOPPED. Why? Because if Skulduggery wants to hurt you and he had the LORD VILE ARMOUR, then he'll just go charge it up on the Accelerator. This means that his current level of power with the Lord Vile armour (which is already stupendous) will be increased tenfold. So yeah, Harry doesn't stand a chance on this round.

Kepth_Elk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kepth_Elk

Good fight.

Round 1, I think it would be close, but Dresden would win, just. I think that Harry's defensive magic can counter anything elemental Skulduggery can throw at him, provided he uses his head to avoid the stronger attacks. Harry's offensive magic is roughly the same power as Skulduggery's, and much more diverse. Plus he is always fighting more powerful and knowledgeable foes, so he has the advantage of mental focus, while I believe Skulduggery will be thrown by Harry's repartee.

Round 2, this goes to skulduggery, clearly, as Vile is more powerful than winter knight, though Dresden could get a good shot off and wound him/drive him off/kill him if he gets a shot, but vile is too clever to let him work up.

Round 3, If I understand this, Harry can use powers he has access to, even if he would not use otherwise, like Skulduggery and he accelerator. If so, Dresden wins. end of, Even though accelerated vile is a god, Harry can use the Darkhallow on the island, takeing all the power from the Hundreds of Immortals, gods, dark and nameless things, nightmares and destroyers, any 1 of whom can kill Malevolent, and he can take ALL the Power, if he does it in the never-never he can take in the queens of faerie, the mothers, outsiders, and given enough time, he can steamroll into god himself, by absorbing archangels. Then he can OHKO vile.

Nate-Grey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nate-Grey

Hmm. If we're talking up to date, it goes much like this:

R1: Dresden, handily. Pleasant's more flexible, but Harry's no slouch, an absolute beast, power-wise, and a nightmare in a stand up fight.

R2: Pleasant. Harry's a major league badass, and with the Mantle, he's a force of nature. But Lord Vile is something else entirely.

R3: Difficult. Pleasant doesn't strike me as a prep master, whereas Harry's developed into someone capable of pulling off plans that would impress Batman. Also, as he repeatedly remarks, his kind of wizard is at their best with prep time. If morals were off, I'd give it to Dresden every time - he can call on the Darkhallow, unleash the contents of Demonreach, and do all sorts of other horrifying things. However, broadly speaking, I'd say that it would go to the judges.

bob1p7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1 I really don't know enough about Harry for that, but i'd probably say that Skulduggery would shoot him before the fight properly started

R2 Lord Vile

R3 There is no stopping Vile and Darquesse together, however Darquesse would probably never do it, and Darkhallow would be hard to beat, but [I know the book hadn't been written when this started] if Vile did something like the draugar in Mevolent's dimension, then that would be a necromancy show-down, though seeing the power of the necromancer-draugar, I'd say Skulduggery would win

Nate-Grey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very belated, but as a massive fan of both series...

1. Skulduggery, 7 times out of 10. Dresden probably has greater raw power, but Skulduggery has more stamina, he's a much better physical combatant (and Dresden is no slouch), and he has masses more experience. Also, the banter is a trait they share, but Skulduggery has more practice using it as a weapon. That said, Dresden has impressive defences that Skulduggery does not, and if he gets one really good shot in, Skulduggery will be in masses of trouble. The only reason that this doesn't tip Dresden's way is Skulduggery's mobility.

2. Lord Vile. This isn't a fight, it's murder.

3. Hmm. Difficult. With prep, Dresden is aware of how dangerous Skulduggery/Vile is. Also, I'm not entirely sure if Skulduggery is human enough to qualify for the 'protected by the Laws of Magic' thing. With that in mind, it's worth noting that Dresden's natural necromantic gifts easily rival those of Vile, and he's read up on Kemmler's works. He also has Bob as his research assistant. Add to that some very serious ringers to call in, the power of Demonreach, and I think that as long as Dresden manages to exact a battlefield advantage, he wins.