Harald Jaekelsson

bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bumnut

??? the group take it! (Unless Garth Enis is writing it ;-)

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
Black Adam and Captain Marvel could do this themselves
TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TruePwnge

by themselves?

No Caption Provided
ok King you clearly have not heard of this guy before
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By capall
@TruePwnge:
who is he and who can he be compared to?
TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TruePwnge

You might compare him to a showing of the Destroyer

http://mightythor.wikia.com/wiki/Harald_Jaekelsson 

In recent years, Jaekelsson’s ship emerged from its timeless voyage though a millennium of limbo to dock at New York. Little understanding or caring how the world had changed, the Vikings slew all that approached them before being challenged by Thor. Empowered by the runestone spell, Jaekelsson brutally beat the thunder god, and then resolved to conquer Manhattan. Thousands were slaughtered over a three-day period, one of New York’s most devastating extra-normal incursions. The police, the US Marines, and even the Avengers were helpless before Jaekelsson’s forces.
  Powers** Abilities: A savage and accomplished warrior, Harald Jaekelsson is superhumanly strong and impervious not only to most forms of physical force, but to most forms of magic as well, even that of the Sorcerer Supreme; his weaponry, including a longsword, a dagger, and the armor of his era, has been similarly enhanced. He commanded a crew of similarly powered warriors board a flying longship whose draconian prow breathed fire.

this band of Norsemen is led by Lord Harald Jaekelsson, and he's the biggest b%$tard of the bunch. He's got a big appetite for plunder and a big sword, which is the perfect accessory for a night of rape and murder with the boys. Jaekelsson is growing tired with the Old World, however, sailing around and killing the Welsh and the English. The King's justice is beginning to take a hold in this land, so Jaekelsson packs his boys into their longboat and sets sail for the West, the New World where they will be free to do all the crazy, fun things Vikings do. Before they can shove off, however, they are cursed by an old man from a village they just destroyed.Martha, dear, pack our bags. The Vikings are in town and they look plenty dead and equally pissed"Though you sail for a thousand years, O Norsemen," says the old man, "You shall not reach the land you seek."

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

There are only two words needed to describe the violence in this issue: Holy _______! Please feel free to insert your own choice for second word. I haven’t seen a character get his ass handed to him like this in a long time. Maybe never. I literally cringed and groaned when I saw the bones sticking out of BOTH of Thor’s wrists. And then the rest of the book is zombie Vikings pillaging New York while their leader, Harald Jaekelsson, spends the rest of the book beating the holy ______ out of Thor. I was a little concerned about the “pretty boy” look that Fabry had given Thor when he finally arrived last issue, but now I see that there was a reason. Jaekelsson messes up the pretty boy’s face. Seriously.

http://forums.narutofan.com/
 Harald Jaekelsson is a comic character, and one of the most cruel b*stards ever shown in comics, this is not about being "great", it's about being evil. A comic character who is a sadistic villain = a sadistic comic villain, capice?
and yeah, many historical figures and serial killers would make most comic villains to look like pussies in comparison, when it comes to how messed they are in the head 

SPOILERS
 http://www.comicbookdb.com/character.php?ID=5784

capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By capall

HMMM, thanx for the insight, if he is comparable to the destroyer according to your showings then this may be a very difficult fight for the team, if's he is impervious to physical force and magic then i really don't know what the team can do to win here since no one has any psychic attacks
stevepidge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By stevepidge

Harald is one bad mofo.

Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ownerz

Harald wins this one  

mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mv

This cat ?
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@TruePwnge said:
"  

by themselves?

No Caption Provided
ok King you clearly have not heard of this guy before "
I know who he is... but you have no respect for DC Characters... therefore your opinion is somewhat invalid... because you dont even consider many DC Characters as Legit...
Avatar image for u_r_sofa_king_we_todd_did
U R Sofa King We Todd Did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is in this fight?

Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ownerz

@King Saturn said:

" because you dont even consider many DC Characters as Legit... "

This is whats wrong with you fanboys, when one of your pets is exposded as over-rated you throw fits.
Superman is not a legit guy to depend on, but I have always given him credit and said he owns Hulk, WonderMan, Sentry, Iornman, Juggernaut whoever

but I will not give him credit against magic based foes like  Wonder Woman

Morons here on the vine were putting Black Adam against Zoom, Silver Age Superman and against Galactus
BA can't even beat Superman, he is a joke. The only reason he looks bad is because he behaves like a criminal punk, any decent fighter bloodlusted can rip Black Adam's head off 

I called them on their stupidity, if that means I have no respect then so be it

Superman can be powerful
 he breaks moons, he has very high durablity and super strength but he is weak against magic, telepathy stops him and he can be killed by red sun rays or kryptonite...he is not getting far with his lack of power and those 3 Achilles heels

Pre Crisis characters like Pre COIE Darkseid would destroy current Superman, there are many heralds who would also destroy him
Harald Jaekelsson would beat Superman so bad its not funny  

@U R Sofa King We Todd Did said:

" Superman is in this fight? "

I wouldn't matter a damn, any of team 2 are canon fodder
BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BIackFlash

Harald Jaekelsson and its a blowout

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@Ownerz said:
"  
@King Saturn said:

" because you dont even consider many DC Characters as Legit... "

This is whats wrong with you fanboys, when one of your pets is exposded as over-rated you throw fits.
Superman is not a legit guy to depend on, but I have always given him credit and said he owns Hulk, WonderMan, Sentry, Iornman, Juggernaut whoever

but I will not give him credit against magic based foes like  Wonder Woman

Morons here on the vine were putting Black Adam against Zoom, Silver Age Superman and against Galactus
BA can't even beat Superman, he is a joke. The only reason he looks bad is because he behaves like a criminal punk, any decent fighter bloodlusted can rip Black Adam's head off 

I called them on their stupidity, if that means I have no respect then so be it

Superman can be powerful
 he breaks moons, he has very high durablity and super strength but he is weak against magic, telepathy stops him and he can be killed by red sun rays or kryptonite...he is not getting far with his lack of power and those 3 Achilles heels

Pre Crisis characters like Pre COIE Darkseid would destroy current Superman, there are many heralds who would also destroy him
Harald Jaekelsson would beat Superman so bad its not funny  

@U R Sofa King We Todd Did said:

" Superman is in this fight? "

I wouldn't matter a damn, any of team 2 are canon fodder "
Now why are you Hating again... you bring up Superman in a battle that doesnt even concern him... and what does people putting Black Adam against Galactus and Zoom have to do with this fight here ? Black Adam and Captain Marvel are stronger enough physically and fast enough to break off their foot in Harold's ass... and just because Harald beat down Thor dont mean nothing... simply because BA or CM would beat Thor as well... their combined power would overwhelm Harald...
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By the creator
@TruePwnge said:
" You might compare him to a showing of the Destroyer  http://mightythor.wikia.com/wiki/Harald_Jaekelsson  In recent years, Jaekelsson’s ship emerged from its timeless voyage though a millennium of limbo to dock at New York. Little understanding or caring how the world had changed, the Vikings slew all that approached them before being challenged by Thor. Empowered by the runestone spell, Jaekelsson brutally beat the thunder god, and then resolved to conquer Manhattan. Thousands were slaughtered over a three-day period, one of New York’s most devastating extra-normal incursions. The police, the US Marines, and even the Avengers were helpless before Jaekelsson’s forces.   Powers** Abilities: A savage and accomplished warrior, Harald Jaekelsson is superhumanly strong and impervious not only to most forms of physical force, but to most forms of magic as well, even that of the Sorcerer Supreme; his weaponry, including a longsword, a dagger, and the armor of his era, has been similarly enhanced. He commanded a crew of similarly powered warriors board a flying longship whose draconian prow breathed fire.     QUOTE    this band of Norsemen is led by Lord Harald Jaekelsson, and he's the biggest b%$tard of the bunch. He's got a big appetite for plunder and a big sword, which is the perfect accessory for a night of rape and murder with the boys. Jaekelsson is growing tired with the Old World, however, sailing around and killing the Welsh and the English. The King's justice is beginning to take a hold in this land, so Jaekelsson packs his boys into their longboat and sets sail for the West, the New World where they will be free to do all the crazy, fun things Vikings do. Before they can shove off, however, they are cursed by an old man from a village they just destroyed.Martha, dear, pack our bags. The Vikings are in town and they look plenty dead and equally pissed"Though you sail for a thousand years, O Norsemen," says the old man, "You shall not reach the land you seek." QUOTE     http://www.comicsbulletin.com  There are only two words needed to describe the violence in this issue: Holy _______! Please feel free to insert your own choice for second word. I haven’t seen a character get his ass handed to him like this in a long time. Maybe never. I literally cringed and groaned when I saw the bones sticking out of BOTH of Thor’s wrists. And then the rest of the book is zombie Vikings pillaging New York while their leader, Harald Jaekelsson, spends the rest of the book beating the holy ______ out of Thor. I was a little concerned about the “pretty boy” look that Fabry had given Thor when he finally arrived last issue, but now I see that there was a reason. Jaekelsson messes up the pretty boy’s face. Seriously.QUOTE  http://forums.narutofan.com/ Harald Jaekelsson is a comic character, and one of the most cruel b*stards ever shown in comics, this is not about being "great", it's about being evil. A comic character who is a sadistic villain = a sadistic comic villain, capice?and yeah, many historical figures and serial killers would make most comic villains to look like pussies in comparison, when it comes to how messed they are in the head   SPOILERS  http://www.comicbookdb.com/character.php?ID=5784 "

Did you actually ever read the comic yourself ?

Harald proved to be resistant to the physical power that Thor could use on him.
BA and Capt Marvel can hit harder. 
Even if both Thor and BRB could not employ their hammers to transport Harald to another dimension for some reason of his empowerment, BA and Capt Marvel have the power of super speed to pick him up and carry him in to space in the space of a few heart beats. 
I don't recall Harald being able to personally fly.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
Thank God... The Creator is Back  !
OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OhTru

wow I can't believe the idiots saying Harald loses

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By the creator

@King Saturn
said:
"Thank God... The Creator is Back  ! "

Only passing through.....sorry. 

@OhTru said:
"wow I can't believe the idiots saying Harald loses "
An argument that has everything........facts and references, a good description of the combatants and an explanation for why one side should win........LOL

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hellos
@the creator said:
"@TruePwnge said:
" You might compare him to a showing of the Destroyer  http://mightythor.wikia.com/wiki/Harald_Jaekelsson  In recent years, Jaekelsson’s ship emerged from its timeless voyage though a millennium of limbo to dock at New York. Little understanding or caring how the world had changed, the Vikings slew all that approached them before being challenged by Thor. Empowered by the runestone spell, Jaekelsson brutally beat the thunder god, and then resolved to conquer Manhattan. Thousands were slaughtered over a three-day period, one of New York’s most devastating extra-normal incursions. The police, the US Marines, and even the Avengers were helpless before Jaekelsson’s forces.   Powers** Abilities: A savage and accomplished warrior, Harald Jaekelsson is superhumanly strong and impervious not only to most forms of physical force, but to most forms of magic as well, even that of the Sorcerer Supreme; his weaponry, including a longsword, a dagger, and the armor of his era, has been similarly enhanced. He commanded a crew of similarly powered warriors board a flying longship whose draconian prow breathed fire.     QUOTE    this band of Norsemen is led by Lord Harald Jaekelsson, and he's the biggest b%$tard of the bunch. He's got a big appetite for plunder and a big sword, which is the perfect accessory for a night of rape and murder with the boys. Jaekelsson is growing tired with the Old World, however, sailing around and killing the Welsh and the English. The King's justice is beginning to take a hold in this land, so Jaekelsson packs his boys into their longboat and sets sail for the West, the New World where they will be free to do all the crazy, fun things Vikings do. Before they can shove off, however, they are cursed by an old man from a village they just destroyed.Martha, dear, pack our bags. The Vikings are in town and they look plenty dead and equally pissed"Though you sail for a thousand years, O Norsemen," says the old man, "You shall not reach the land you seek." QUOTE     http://www.comicsbulletin.com  There are only two words needed to describe the violence in this issue: Holy _______! Please feel free to insert your own choice for second word. I haven’t seen a character get his ass handed to him like this in a long time. Maybe never. I literally cringed and groaned when I saw the bones sticking out of BOTH of Thor’s wrists. And then the rest of the book is zombie Vikings pillaging New York while their leader, Harald Jaekelsson, spends the rest of the book beating the holy ______ out of Thor. I was a little concerned about the “pretty boy” look that Fabry had given Thor when he finally arrived last issue, but now I see that there was a reason. Jaekelsson messes up the pretty boy’s face. Seriously.QUOTE  http://forums.narutofan.com/ Harald Jaekelsson is a comic character, and one of the most cruel b*stards ever shown in comics, this is not about being "great", it's about being evil. A comic character who is a sadistic villain = a sadistic comic villain, capice?and yeah, many historical figures and serial killers would make most comic villains to look like pussies in comparison, when it comes to how messed they are in the head   SPOILERS  http://www.comicbookdb.com/character.php?ID=5784 "
Did you actually ever read the comic yourself ?  Harald proved to be resistant to the physical power that Thor could use on him.BA and Capt Marvel can hit harder. Even if both Thor and BRB could not employ their hammers to transport Harald to another dimension for some reason of his empowerment, BA and Capt Marvel have the power of super speed to pick him up and carry him in to space in the space of a few heart beats. I don't recall Harald being able to personally fly. "

BA and CM majority of power in those punches is magical according to SBP laughing off each hit fairly easily with his random magic resistance.  
If Strange couldn't beat him with magic, don't see how much more effective BA or CM or the rest of the magic heavy team.   
Got two guys that can bust planets with their hammers, and another two that can beat on supes.  

Though If they can just carry him off into outer space / or slap him into another dimension, it sounds good to me.
OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By OhTru
@the creator said:
"
An argument that has everything........facts and references, a good description of the combatants and an explanation for why one side should win........LOL  "
You have to be of Harald's bloodline to hurt him, the guy is cursed only his decendant can put him away 

Thor is the only guy who can win it and with no OdinForce his chances are slim
Drveo08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harald wins.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats for Harald?

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@toratorn: Thor breaks his hands after hitting him. This should be enough to show his power levels.

Harald destroys this team like children.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marlboroman: that's pretty metal. Just based on that it seems like Thor and BRB are completely useless in this battle unless they decide to use their esoteric powers instead of h2h. Doubt Cap and Adam will fair much better than Thor as well.

Killer94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaekelsson Stomps

BibleBasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers