#1 Posted by ShadowPro (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if MCU Thor, without his dear mjolnir or new stormbreaker (couldn't call it ultimate mjolnir?) can take on these three at the same time? So, here in this corner, MTBE prince of Asgard

Thor

No Caption Provided

Vs

Iceman

No Caption Provided

Human Torch (first movies)

No Caption Provided

Spider-man

No Caption Provided

Rules/Conditions

1. Thor from Infinity War without any hammer
  2. Iceman from the original timeline
  3. Spider-man has the black suit (for all and any good it might be) but can get rid of it if he needs to
  4. Fight in an arena shaped as a devastated Times Square
  5. In character
  6. Win by any mean that's not bfr
#2 Posted by omriamar (7068 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor lightening and superior stat will give him the win but it will be challenging

#3 Edited by Lan_Fan (12692 posts) - - Show Bio

Lightning cloak? If he has it, he will win.

#4 Posted by Shaladue (552 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor vs 3 non factor glass cannons?

#5 Posted by PyroFN (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

The biggest threat is Spidey. Given his Spider-Sense and webbing. If Spidey manages to web him up to the point that he is incapacitated, the team wins.

The other two are nearly non-factors.

#6 Posted by Stefano (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins

#7 Posted by Black_Arrow (10251 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

#8 Posted by SocaJunkie (8382 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody here can hurt him and he one-shots everyone with lightning.

#9 Posted by TonyMartial (8840 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody here can hurt him and he one-shots everyone with lightning.

Johnny can go supernova

#10 Edited by SocaJunkie (8382 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonymartial: Two things:

1. He won’t do that in character because it would kill his team mates. Reed specifically told Sue to contain it as if she didn’t, Johnny would have killed innocent people and ‘Extinguished all life on earth,’ that last part could have been hyperbole but given the context of Reed panicking and warning Johnny, I don’t think it was.

2. It isn’t concrete, but Thor took the condensed heat of a star for minutes on end, which should be good enough to withstand Johnny’s supernova which was the temperature of the surface of the sun and also Doom pretty much tanked the heat without much of a problem so doesn’t appear to be an instant win against people with high durability.

#11 Posted by Rebake (3897 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonymartial: unfortunately for him, Dr. Doom's electricity hurt him...so Thor's lightning would hurt him even more. Meanwhile, Thor has heat resistance to survive longer than Torch. If Thor just stood there without using lightning, then Torch could win eventually, but Thor uses lightning a lot more now (esp unarmed).

#12 Posted by RisingBean (9797 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a mismatch.

#13 Posted by TonyMartial (8840 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonymartial: Two things:

1. He won’t do that in character because it would kill his team mates. Reed specifically told Sue to contain it as if she didn’t, Johnny would have killed innocent people and ‘Extinguished all life on earth’ thag Last part could have been hyperbole but given the context of Reed warning Johnny, I don’t think it was.

2. It isn’t concrete, but Thor took the condensed heat of a star for minutes on end, which should be good enough to withstand Johnny’s supernova which was the temperature of the surface of the sun and also Doom pretty much tanked the heat without much of a problem so doesn’t appear to be an instant win against people with high durability.

Its the only way the team can win this battle so hes gotta do what hes gotta do. He wont be scared to do it because Reed literally allowed him to go nova against Doom.

Nope, Thor never tanked the star heat, he was on the verge of death. He wont have Stormbreaker to heal him up this time. Dont try and lowball it by saying Doom tanked it, thats just a feat for him. Hes tanked Surfers blasts as well.

#14 Edited by SocaJunkie (8382 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonymartial

...completely missing the fact that Reed let him do that as an option because Sue was there to contain it and Johnny was reluctant at first to do it. Yea no he’s not killing them by trying something he doesn’t even know will work, stop that nonsense.

Uh he was on the ‘verge of death’ after spending IIRC 10+ minutes under the beam. If for some reason Johnny acts out of character and tries supernova, Thor isn’t going to stay there until he starts getting debilitated, he’s going to use AoE lightning on Johnny.

I don’t know how you see this going, Johnny is going to fly around building up heat for supernova while Thor stands there with his thumb up his ass. I also didn’t lowball Doom, read it again.

#15 Posted by miekskywalker (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

If torch goes supernova he kills everyone around him then Thor one shots him with lightning

#16 Posted by TonyMartial (8840 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonymartial

...completely missing the fact that Reed let him do that as an option because Sue was there to contain it and Johnny was reluctant at first to do it. Yea no he’s not killing them by trying something he doesn’t even know will work, stop that nonsense.

Uh he was on the ‘verge of death’ after spending IIRC 10+ minutes under the beam. If for some reason Johnny acts out of character and tries supernova, Thor isn’t going to stay there until he starts getting debilitated, he’s going to use AoE lightning on Johnny.

I don’t know how you see this going, Johnny is going to fly around building up heat for supernova while Thor stands there with his thumb up his ass. I also didn’t lowball Doom, read it again.

As I've already said before, hes gotta do what hes gotta do against a God with Thunder pouring all over him. If they have general knowledge in this battle then he'll know his teammates are useless and get straight to "the only way".

10 minutes? It was less than a minute. He gets fried like before and no stormbreaker healing him this time. By the way, Thor cant use his thunder powers when hes damaged as we saw with the opening scene of Infinity War and against Hela in Asgard, so no AoE.

I've never said that they win this battle, just that the team has a way of winning. ... Ok.

#17 Edited by SocaJunkie (8382 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonymartial:

It doesn’t say they have knowledge, and even if he did he wouldn’t immediately try to take down Thor by killing them. He isn’t a psychopath. He’d probably tell them to get the hell away from the area which they wouldn’t do given their characters, Symbiote Spider-Man would flip him off. But anyway, this is all a moot point.

No, I specifically remember Dinklage saying he needed to stay there for 10+ minutes for the forging process, it was less than a minute to us the viewer, not to the characters.

Even if it was less than a minute, even if it was 30 seconds, Thor isn’t going to stand there. The moment Johnny does that he’ll go for AoE. So once again I ask if you think Thor will stand there with his thumb up his ass because your way of winning requires that he does.

#18 Posted by BruceVeidt (3570 posts) - - Show Bio

muh lightning cloak