• 146 results
#1 Posted by KrleAvenger (26273 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor Odinson & Beta Ray Bill

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Sentry, Blue Marvel, Hyperion & Gladiator

No Caption Provided

The Rules

• In-Character (Morals On/Off depending on character's personality).
  • Standard Knowledge applies for everyone.
  • Battle Field Removal/BFR is not an option.
  • No Prep Time. Standard Equipment.
  • Earth-616/Prime Marvel Universe unless stated otherwise.
  • Worthy Thor/Pre-Jason Aaron Retcon.
  • No Void or Death Seed for Sentry.
  • Blue Marvel's presence will not affect the Sentry here.
  • Marvel Now!/Earth-13034 Hyperion.
  • Fully Confident Gladiator. No future/alternate version feats for him.
  • Win by Death/Incap/KO.

Bonus Round:

Same as round 1 but now both Gladiator and Hyperion are allowed composite unamped feats (alternate/future versions). Thor also has the belt of strength, asgardian armor and enchanted jarnbjorn axe.

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by KrleAvenger (26273 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#3 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor and Bill can pull it off, not without one of them going down however.

#4 Posted by miekskywalker (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be a brutal fight should add Luigi and Mario for bro team

Avatar image for supremeintelligence
#5 Posted by supremeintelligence (757 posts) - - Show Bio

team 2

#6 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9845 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHA I like that "The Hammer Bros"

#7 Posted by Cor_Tsar (4980 posts) - - Show Bio

4 high tiers vs 2?

#8 Posted by Warlockmage (9084 posts) - - Show Bio

@cor_tsar said:

4 high tiers vs 2?

4 mid tiers (with Sentry being the only arguable one) vs 2 high tiers

#9 Posted by SolisRay (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2.

#10 Posted by HATSoffMELO (2555 posts) - - Show Bio

Hammer Bros too much DC on them

#11 Posted by Toratorn (6777 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 overwhelms them. Just Hyperion and Gladiator can give them a tough fight, with Sentry and BM this is not even a contest.

#12 Posted by Spiderman1997 (2349 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor and Bill should be able to pull it off but it would br close.

#13 Posted by HellionVulcan (7142 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 due to sheer numbers not to mention Gladiator and Sentry are way too fast for team 1.

#14 Posted by emperorthanos- (16071 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 should win. Most of the team would get one shoted with a strong enough attack. And none of them really have the power to put Thor or Beta Ray Bill down for good.

#15 Edited by BullyHunter_76 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough to say, Sentry is the only real high tier on his on his team, however i am guessing Hyperion, BM and Gladiator would take out BRB before Thor finishes his fight with Sentry so they jump back to help out Sentry to finish off Thor

Nobody here is too fast for the other, Sentry already fought Thor without overwhelming him in speed which makes sense since at best Sentry is a bullet timer and Gladiator isn't any better with only a single impressive speed feat in a 40 year career.

So yea, team 2 due to sheer numbers.

#16 Posted by Cor_Tsar (4980 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlockmage: if anything both sentry and gladiator are both legit high tiers. The other two are more mid-tier. That's still enough

#17 Edited by emperorthanos- (16071 posts) - - Show Bio

@cor_tsar: Gladiator has reguarly been beaten by non high tiers. And is widely inconsistent.

Sentry lacks feats

#18 Posted by Thedailybagel (12739 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor and bill

#19 Edited by The_Hajduk (5994 posts) - - Show Bio

A Mario Hammer Bro would solo both teams tbh. Nobody here has the speed to dodge that unpredictable arc throw.

#20 Posted by Warlockmage (9084 posts) - - Show Bio

@cor_tsar said:

@warlockmage: if anything both sentry and gladiator are both legit high tiers. The other two are more mid-tier. That's still enough

i used to think the same thing about Gladiator but then i started reading more... the man is wildly inconsistent... he honestly isnt above Supergirl/Powergirl which is about where i draw the line for high tiers.

Sentry is also wildly inconsistent and lacks good credible feats now. his 2 best feats are beating molecule man (which was retconned pretty hard both by writers and in comics) and beating Terrax (which even the New Warriors were capable of in their first issue)

#21 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6378 posts) - - Show Bio

@cor_tsar: Gladiator has reguarly been beaten by non high tiers. And is widely inconsistent.

Sentry lacks feats

1. Why do people think inconsistent means doesn't count?

2. Hammer Bros should be able to win this just through sheer feats, when they both let loose their powers they show that everyone here can't really compare.

#22 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6378 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it hilarious that nobody's bringing up speed feats and trying to claim that Team 2 Speedblitzes... maybe it's because amongst all canon encounters, Team 1 has always beaten Team 2, because ya know, the speed gap doesn't exist, but that's just me being snarky.

#23 Posted by emperorthanos- (16071 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6378 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-: I wasn't disputing you, that comment was just who I thought would win the fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
#25 Posted by deactivated-5b728068f211c (7069 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry isn't "Marvel's Superman"

OT:Team 1

#26 Posted by Jmarshmallow (13840 posts) - - Show Bio

A Stable Sentry could give them a really close fight by himself. Thor could do nothing to Void, who is below Sentry.

With BM? And Gladiator?

That’s a stomp for the “Supermen”.

#27 Posted by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor and bill

could not Thor turn out to be a weak link due to Speed ? I think Sentry can blitz him. While I do rate Beta Ray bill far above all these poor excuse for high tiers. I think if Thor gets taken down quickly team 2 can together work and beat Beta Ray bill even if they loose Glads or Hyperion.

#28 Posted by Thedailybagel (12739 posts) - - Show Bio

@empressofdread: Sentry never uses his speed in fights, I don’t he’s actually ‘blitzed’ anyone ever.

#29 Posted by Kal-El Summers (359 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlockmage said:

@cor_tsar said:

i used to think the same thing about Gladiator but then i started reading more... the man is wildly inconsistent... he honestly isnt above Supergirl/Powergirl which is about where i draw the line for high tiers.

Sentry is also wildly inconsistent and lacks good credible feats now. his 2 best feats are beating molecule man (which was retconned pretty hard both by writers and in comics) and beating Terrax (which even the New Warriors were capable of in their first issue)

The Warriors beat a drastically weakened Terrax that had just reformed, hardly something that should count against him.

#30 Posted by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: I know when he fights physically he never uses his speed effectively but he is faster than Thor by a lot, even Gladiator is faster than him so both of them can together speedblitz him if they decide to do so. But then I think Beta Ray bill can be done with BM, Hyperion. If in the off chance it does become 3 against BRB I would say BRB can loose.

#31 Edited by Thor_Parker82 (16013 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion as written by Hickman was shown to be on Thor's level or a bit below, not that big of a gap, and Sentry recently fought the Void and did better than Sorcerer Supreme Loki and God of Magic Strange combined.

Team 2 takes this with Sentry as MVP, with Gladiator and BM as possible casualties.

#32 Posted by Greendevil (2681 posts) - - Show Bio

This is an utter STOMP for team 2. Lol at people trying to downplay team 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
#33 Posted by deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76 (10909 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2

#34 Posted by Lord_of_Light (192 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion as written by Hickman was shown to be on Thor's level or a bit below, not that big of a gap, and Sentry recently fought the Void and did better than Sorcerer Supreme Loki and God of Magic Strange combined.

Team 2 takes this with Sentry as MVP, with Gladiator and BM as possible casualties.

#35 Posted by omriamar (7068 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae4a3e17c71e
#36 Posted by deactivated-5ae4a3e17c71e (732 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2. Unless Hammer Bros are pissed off, they are going to be overwhelmed.

#37 Posted by TonyStark6999 (2283 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2

#38 Posted by WollfMyth209 (16274 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2. Sentry should be capable of putting either Thor or Bill down, while the rest of his team and at least hold of other other hammer bro.

#39 Posted by Pipxeroth (9136 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just Thor and Bill vs Sentry and Hyperion, the other two are fodder. Team 1 wins.

Round 2 doesn't really change anything, as far as I'm aware Hickman's Hyperion is the strongest incarnation by far and composite Gladiator doesn't bring anything to the table apart from like, one speed feat that's not going to change the outcome.

#40 Posted by APEX_pretador (19729 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry lacks feats

Which ones?

Gladiator has only lost to (not counting weakness exploiting)

• Cassendra Nova - A high tier telepath on Xavier level
  • Annihilus - When he was on Thanos's level
  • Tyrant - Freaking Tyrant
  • 3 of the phoenix five characters ganging up on him - Each superior to high tiers
  • Eric Masterson Thor + Living lightning combo where eric alone (who is Thor/BRB's equal except skill/experience) was getting stomped
  • Akhetanen amped on HotU
  • The destroyer armor which regularly beats up Thor

Each and every single one of them would defeat Thor as well (except eric/LL combo due to powersets)

Now tell me where is "regularly" losing to non high-tiers?

#41 Posted by APEX_pretador (19729 posts) - - Show Bio

On topic, can go either way

2 hammers on one team is extremely dangerous combo, and sentry is meh

#42 Posted by deactivated-5ae4a3e17c71e (732 posts) - - Show Bio

@APEX_pretador: I wouldn't say Thor regularly beats up Destroyer armor. He get regularly ragdolled, until he finds some way of switching the destroyer off, removing the spirit inhabiting the armor,etc.

#43 Posted by APEX_pretador (19729 posts) - - Show Bio

@APEX_pretador: I wouldn't say Thor regularly beats up Destroyer armor. He get regularly ragdolled, until he finds some way of switching the destroyer off, removing the spirit inhabiting the armor,etc.

I said destroyer regularly beats Thor, not the other way around

#44 Posted by deactivated-5ae4a3e17c71e (732 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Edited by Lvenger (36335 posts) - - Show Bio
@pipxeroth said:

This is just Thor and Bill vs Sentry and Gladiator, the other two are fodder. Team 1 wins.

Round 2 doesn't really change anything, as far as I'm aware Hickman's Hyperion is the strongest incarnation by far and composite Gladiator doesn't bring anything to the table apart from like, one speed feat that's not going to change the outcome.

#46 Posted by emperorthanos- (16071 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos- said:

Sentry lacks feats

Which ones?

Gladiator has only lost to (not counting weakness exploiting)

• Cassendra Nova - A high tier telepath on Xavier level
  • Annihilus - When he was on Thanos's level
  • Tyrant - Freaking Tyrant
  • 3 of the phoenix five characters ganging up on him - Each superior to high tiers
  • Eric Masterson Thor + Living lightning combo where eric alone (who is Thor/BRB's equal except skill/experience) was getting stomped
  • Akhetanen amped on HotU
  • The destroyer armor which regularly beats up Thor

Each and every single one of them would defeat Thor as well (except eric/LL combo due to powersets)

Now tell me where is "regularly" losing to non high-tiers?

Well he also lost to Cannoball and most recently She Thor.

The phoniex five characters aren't really high tier by feats from what I recall. Annihilus was losing to Thanos and had to resort to BFR because Thanos was too much for him. Eric is not Thor/BRB's equal by any means. He is below them by feats.

#47 Posted by APEX_pretador (19729 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he also lost to Cannoball

He did not lose to cannonball. A heavily weakened Gladiator was knocked down by cannonball and he was back up next page without scratch

I wonder who is spreading that nonsense. Go read Uncanny X-men 341 for yourself

and most recently She Thor.

And he defeated Jane, DEFEATED

And it would be wrong to call her a non-high tier, especially under aaron.

Calling gladiator victory a loss? I didn't expect it from you who have repped him in CaV's and a debater who doesn't lowball.

The phoniex five characters aren't really high tier by feats from what I recall.

• Emma beatdown Thor and knocked him out in a few hits
  • Namor took on a large group of avengers and seemed he was winning. That included Rulk, Thor, Thing, Vision, etc

Annihilus was losing to Thanos and had to resort to BFR because Thanos was too much for him.

Not before they fought nearly evenly for like 10 pages, with Thanos himself admitting that Annihilus has grown too powerful

Eric is not Thor/BRB's equal by any means. He is below them by feats.

No he is not, he is as strong and as durable. Read Mighty Thor 437, 441, 459 for further clarification. He is just inexperienced.

#48 Posted by willpayton (22080 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 stomps. Sentry and Gladiator alone would be a decent fight. Add in the others and there's no hope for Team 1.

#49 Posted by emperorthanos- (16071 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: You are getting way too heated

He did not lose to cannonball. A heavily weakened Gladiator was knocked down by cannonball and he was back up next page without scratch

I wonder who is spreading that nonsense. Go read Uncanny X-men 341 for yourself

I read the fight. He was knocked down in to the building. And then he gets up and start asking for help from the X-Men. I suppose it wasn't a loss though it seems to me that Cannonball came out on top since the he didn't continue fighting. Anyway the fact that he struggled that long with someone like cannonball isn't exactly putting him in the best light either.

And he defeated Jane, DEFEATED

And it would be wrong to call her a non-high tier, especially under aaron.

Calling gladiator victory a loss? I didn't expect it from you who have repped him in CaV's and a debater who doesn't lowball.

He lost to Jane. His son had the other chick flew towards the battle because Gladiator was losing. Gladiator then grabbed her whilst she was distracted and then they teleprorted away. But he was on his knees and his son clearly knew he had lost.

Because of her lack of feats.

It wasn't a victory. He was beat and then grabbed her whilst she was distracted by the arrival of his son. She was clearly superior in the battle. and had him on his knees. Calling it a vicotry for him is ignoring the context and not taking into account what was happening panels before. I don't see what me repping ahs to do with anything and I'm not lowballing. He was inferior to her.

• Emma beatdown Thor and knocked him out in a few hits
  • Namor took on a large group of avengers and seemed he was winning. That included Rulk, Thor, Thing, Vision, etc

I guess I can concede on this. Though do you have scans?

Not before they fought nearly evenly for like 10 pages, with Thanos himself admitting that Annihilus has grown too powerful

He was till inferior to Thanos. And still had to resort to BFR to beat him. Regardless when I was talking about Non High Tiers, Annihilus wasn't who I was referring to since he is Hulk level.

No he is not, he is as strong and as durable. Read Mighty Thor 437, 441, 459 for further clarification. He is just inexperienced.

Unless you can provide me feats of him replicating Thor and BRBs best feats. Even if the reason he doesn't perform on their level is due to lack of experience at the end of the day that still means he isn't on their level and isn't a high tier by feats. Which is all that matters.

Another example of him losing to a non high tier was against Young Jean Grey in GOTG #13. They bullrushed each other in the end and both got taken down but Jean seem to have gotten up quicker and Gladiator gave up the fight. Also Jean isn't exactly known for a physical prowess so for Glads to be taken down after colliding in a bullrush isn't the best.

And anyway my main point was that he is not on the same tier as BRB or Thor. No one here is IMO though Sentry is the closest.

#50 Posted by BlessedbyHorus (6319 posts) - - Show Bio

Sick and tired of Sentry being unfairly labeled as a Superman clone.

Anyways team 2 takes this comfortably.