• 106 results
#1 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (34218 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto:

Team

• Pinhead (Real World) (5)
  • Scorpion (3)

Perk

• Hershey Chocolates: Detail Info on enemy team, but only the second after the battle started.

@revan2424:

Team

• Nightcrawler (Obviously) (3)
  • Scarecrow (DC) (2)
  • Harry Potter (2)
  • Pyramid Head (1)

Perk

• Perk: Candy Corn

Main Rules

• Pick up to 8 Points in costumes that will be your character.
  • Everyone is in character, but have no team work issues.
  • Gear must be stated in Openers, and must remain in street tier limits. Gear must be accessible to said character.
  • All characters have access to their feats of Comics and Manga unless stated otherwise.
  • No Reality Warping or Transmutation other characters. Gear not included.
  • No BFR.
  • Battles will have at max 12 days-14 days. Then voting. Anyone who does not post in a week is auto DQ. If you do not have time for this, then dont join.

Battlefield

Start 100 Feet from the middle here.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
#2 Posted by deactivated-5a2b0053414c5 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: I thought Revan/Zets wanted/agreed to fight each other?

#3 Posted by Zetsumoto (20591 posts) - - Show Bio

@revan2424 lol I beat 1 of last year's version of this tourney using one of your characters.

#4 Posted by Revan2424 (5328 posts) - - Show Bio

@revan2424 lol I beat 1 of last year's version of this tourney using one of your characters.

Was also my first CaV, soo. . . . . .

#5 Posted by Zetsumoto (20591 posts) - - Show Bio

@revan2424: I wasn't talking about our match. I was talking about the tourney before that one. He did 2 Halloween tourneys back to back. I was using Pyramid Head. Although P-head was absurdly broken at the time due to a lack of rules against BFR.

#6 Posted by Revan2424 (5328 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: I think you should open. You have the advantage.

#7 Posted by Zetsumoto (20591 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Zetsumoto (20591 posts) - - Show Bio

@revan2424: Just letting you know, I am more or less finished with my post. Just seeing if I can tweak it a bit.

#9 Edited by Revan2424 (5328 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: Cool. My post should be up Thursday, since it's a *jewish* holiday, and I'm not in school.

#10 Posted by Zetsumoto (20591 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: Cool. My post should be up Thursday, since it's a *jewish* holiday, and I'm not in school.

For the record, I am Jewish, ethnically, but I don't really follow the religious side of things. My grandfather grew up in a Jewish household but was atheist, and didn't really teach anyone anything.

#11 Posted by Revan2424 (5328 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: It was a joke. Didn't need your life story.

#13 Edited by Zetsumoto (20591 posts) - - Show Bio

@revan2424: I know, just pointing out that I may not always pick up on your references. kek

#14 Posted by shirso (1728 posts) - - Show Bio

Pinhead from the Silent Hill series? Did that guy do anything other than be used as a jump scare device?

#15 Posted by Zetsumoto (20591 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso: Pinhead is from Hellraiser. Pyramidhead is from silent hill. Strangely enough, both are present in this CaV.

Pyramid Head actually brings some decent utility, but he's practically neutered by the no BFR rule.

#16 Posted by KingCrimson (2745 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: It was a joke. Didn't need your life story.

Lmao. People on this website are so damn cold.

#17 Posted by Zetsumoto (20591 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingcrimson: Don't worry, it's just salt from getting his ass handed to him by me 3 times before.

#18 Edited by shirso (1728 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: Yeah my bad I meant Pyramid Head. Did a lot of creepy stuff in the old Silent Hill games. Let's see what Revan does with him.

#19 Posted by KingCrimson (2745 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingcrimson: Don't worry, it's just salt from getting his ass handed to him by me 3 times before.

Oooooo a grudge match.

Tag me in this and I'll actually vote for a change.

#20 Posted by Zetsumoto (20591 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso: I won the first edition of this tourney with Pyramid Head. I can say with 100% certainty, he gets 1 shot by Pinhead in these conditions.

#21 Posted by Revan2424 (5328 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait. . . I meant to get the Keeper from evil within, not Pyramid Head. Goddammit.

#22 Edited by Zetsumoto (20591 posts) - - Show Bio

@revan2424: Won 2nd edition with him too. Keeper is 2 points, and he'd get shredded just as easily. lmao

#23 Posted by Zetsumoto (20591 posts) - - Show Bio

@revan2424: On the brightside, you can jizz out giant insects everywhere.

#24 Posted by Revan2424 (5328 posts) - - Show Bio

@revan2424: On the brightside, you can jizz out giant insects everywhere.

Shut up, and let my blue fuzzy monkey eviscerate you.

#25 Posted by Zetsumoto (20591 posts) - - Show Bio

@revan2424:

The Hell Priest

You solved the box, we came...
You solved the box, we came...

Bio:

Elliot Spencer is the high priest of a cult of demons known as Cenobites. Their goal is to serve the entity known as Leviathan, and explore the furthest reaches of experience. They crave sensations of all kind, and wish to experience them in such a magnitude that pleasure and pain become one and the same.

Gear:

LeMarchand's Box(s):

This first item is a necessity, as it is impossible for a Cenobite to exist in the human world without a box having been opened. As various boxes are created, the cenobites distribute them to humans whose jobs in turn, are to find people willing to open the box (often in exchange for the release of someone who is trapped within).

As the box is opened by default, so too is the gate to Leviathan's dimension, allowing for other cenobites who serve the Hellpriest to cross into the human world:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Cenobites (including Pinhead himself) wear the flesh of Leviathan, granting them nigh invulnerability to physical damage. The only way to harm a cenobite is to overpower Leviathan's protections, utilize specialized demon killing weapons, or to strip away their invulnerability with specialized rituals such as the Glyph of the Solutent (Note, this spell is specifically designed to counter Leviathan's power and has no effect on entities from unrelated dimensions).

Lucifer's Armor:

In the Hell Priest's most recent incarnation, the "Scarlet Gospel", Elliot Spencer recovered Lucifer's armor. A powerful artifact which he then used in an attempt to conquer all of hell. The armor renders the wearer immune to the effects of magic. More than that, it allows the user to absorb magical energies and draw upon it for power. The main weakness of the armor, is that it does not generate power on it's own, it can only absorb it from others. If the armor is not fed with magical attacks, it is possible for it to be depleted of it's power.

Here the Hell Priest uses the armor to absorb a magical attack from a powerful demon lord known as the "Unconsumed":

With the Hell Priest’s blade locked against one of his own the Unconsumed used the other to strike at his adversary’s exposed chest. Surges of power broke over the Hell Priest’s armor from the point of impact, their brightness melting into the armor, stealing the energy of the Unconsumed’s blow and adding to the armor’s power.

The Unconsumed has the power to generate flaming swords so powerful it can cause molten lava and lightning:

He saw the Unconsumed from the corner of his eye, his arms raised above his head. Two more swords were being etched out of the incandescent air above the demon’s fists, streams of raw lava stuff dropping from their blazing lengths and spreading over the fractured marble floor. The Hell Priest had no fear of walking on liquid fire, not adorned in the full armor of the King of Hell.

---

The Hell Priest raised his own blade to protect his head, and the Unconsumed’s left-handed sword struck it, the impact spitting out serpentine lightning bolts that flew out across the heads of the assembled demons, striking stone dead those stupid enough to reach up and try to grab them.

Conjured Weapons:

As one of Leviathan's priests, Pinhead has vast magical powers. One of his signature abilities is the power to create weapons out of thin air. The most commonly used weapons of his, are bladed chains. Cenobite metal is capable of shredding a moving sub-way train:

The Scorpion:

Get over here!
Get over here!

Bio:

Hanzo Hasashi is a former shinobi from the Shirai Ryu clan. After dying in battle, he was resurrected as the spirit of vengeance known as scorpion. His goal is to destroy all those responsible for the fall of his clan and the murder of his family. He boasts immense regenerative abilities, as well as the power to teleport and control hellfire.

Gear:

Scorpion's main weapons a pair of swords and a chained kunai which he often uses to impale his victims in order to drag them to his location. These weapons can be imbued with hellfire, allowing them to partially withstand the ice magic of Sub Zero, and even competing with an enormously amped version of the latter:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Note, that even base Sub Zero's frost magic is capable of shattering steel blast doors:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

With his amp, Sub Zero was able to freeze a city and shatter an entire building:

The Battle:

Honestly, this should be rather easy win for me. With a cursory glance, none of your characters are even capable of hurting Elliot, and the only one who even remotely poses a threat to Hanzo is Nightcrawler. The problem with Nightcrawler is that Hanzo is just as skilled at teleportation:

More than that, Scorpion is also extremely experienced in facing other teleporters. In fact, like half of the Mortal Kombat roster has some form of rapid teleportation ability. Combine this with his full knowledge of your character and I see little reason he wouldn't be able to completely outplay Nightcrawler in the peekaboo game. Especially since Nightcrawler is well known for being extremely predictable. Your morals off perk will not change this:

Even Elliot, a manipulative mastermind and war veteran, should be more than capable of predicting Nightcrawler's attacks and reacting accordingly. Pinhead is able to trade blows with an opponent so quickly it causes small gusts of wind:

The Unconsumed came back at the Hell Priest with his swords slicing the air like twin threshers. But the Hell Priest was in no mood to retreat; he stood his ground, striking at each of the enemy’s swords in turn, the force of his blows enough to slow his adversary’s approach a little. But the gusts of wind raised by the threshing swords suddenly caused the flames between the opponents to rise up like a blazing wall, and the Unconsumed came through the fire with his swords spinning.

Furthermore, Pinhead can further turn the battle in his favor, by immediately opening with a simple blinding spell:

“It is a shame that you will not see it to its end now. You live in the dark, D’Amour. And that is where you will remain, ” the Hell Priest replied. And so saying, he raised his left hand to his face, whispering an indecipherable incantation. His words ignited in the cage of his blackened fingers.

“Christ. What are you doing?” His heart quickened, not beating but hammering. And with each hammer blow the pricking worsened, as though invisible hands were steadily pressing white-hot needles into his eyes. He tried to blink, but his lids refused to close.

The darkness encroached at ever-greater speed, and Harry could now no longer take in the Hell Priest’s face in a single glance but needed to scan it through the iris that was closing his vision down

His magic can even work on multiple people at once. Here, he causes an entire group of demons to hallucinate:

The demon waved his hand over the door and muttered an incantation so soft, Norma wasn’t quite sure she heard anything at all. Whatever rite the Priest had issued, it worked its magic, but quick.

“Oh. Oh no! Oh damnation!” said the same voice from behind the door. “Wait—”

“Yes?” the Hell Priest asked.

“Don’t go!”

“As you’ve said, you are safe within your walls. You have no need of me.”

“We are under siege! There are things! In here! With us! Terrible things! It’s too dark to see! Help us, please!”

The rest of your team will pretty much be wiped out by a single chain barrage:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Here the Hell Priest decimates an army with his chains:

Serpentine chains, hook headed, came weaving between the feet of the spectators, striking with razor edge anyone fool enough to block their way. The condemned knew with the appearance of the first hook what horrors would inevitably follow, and each attempted to outrun the judgment. But the Hell Priest knew his game better than breathing.

Whether his victims fell to their knees and begged salvation, as one did, or tried to outrun the pursuing hooks, as did two more, or simply attempted to go against his enemy as he would any other, with sword and dagger, as did the many, all were lost. The hooks found their eyes, their mouths, their asses, their bellies; and finding them, the hooks dug deep and tore hard, reducing their victims in a matter of seconds into thrashing, incomprehensible knots of twitching muscle.

This was done WHILE in the middle of a sword fight with the unconsumed. Meaning, he can do all of the above at the same time. He can also just cause spontaneous explosions with a mere thought:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOFFrDPo9Y4

In the above video he was even using the environment to mess with Kirsty despite not actually having line of sight. So yea, there's no hiding from him.

Summary:

• Both members of my have detailed knowledge on your team.
  • Scorpion is far more skilled an experienced in teleportation battles than the notoriously predictable Nightcrawler.
  • Scorpion has also faced far more powerful magic users than Harry Potter, such as Quan Chi and Shinnok. Meanwhile, HP verse magic is notoriously weak against mystical creatures.
  • The Hell Priest is also highly intelligent and capable of predicting Nightcrawler's every movement. His chains are powerful enough to completely shred your team members to bits. None of your characters have the raw physical damage output necessary to defeat Leviathan's enchantments. Meanwhile, any magical attacks from Harry Potter will only make Pinhead more powerful.
#26 Posted by Revan2424 (5328 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: When I saw this tag, a large smile went across my face. I'm excited.

#27 Edited by Zetsumoto (20591 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: When I saw this tag, a large smile went across my face. I'm excited.

Don't worry, your excitement level will drop once you read it and realize you have no way to win. xD

#28 Edited by Revan2424 (5328 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto said:
@revan2424 said:

Don't worry, your excitement level will drop once you read it and realize you have no way to win. xD

"Hanzo is a better teleporter, hurr durr."

#29 Edited by Zetsumoto (20591 posts) - - Show Bio

@revan2424: No, I said he was more skilled/experienced at facing other teleporters.

#30 Posted by Revan2424 (5328 posts) - - Show Bio

@revan2424: No, I said he was more skilled/experienced at facing other teleporters.

The problem with Nightcrawler is that Hanzo is just as skilled at teleportation

#31 Posted by Zetsumoto (20591 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto said:

Since when does "just as" = "better"?

#32 Posted by Revan2424 (5328 posts) - - Show Bio

@revan2424 said:
@zetsumoto said:

Since when does "just as" = "better"?

Regardless, it's still a "hurr durr" moment, and I'm gonna give you a hard time for it.

#33 Posted by Zetsumoto (20591 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Revan2424 (5328 posts) - - Show Bio

@revan2424: Good luck with that.

Just know, when you see my next post. Thank some guy named Phil. It'll make sense when it's up.

#35 Edited by Revan2424 (5328 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: I was finishing my post and I just realized someone else has Pyramid Head, mind if I change my team?

My new team would be:

• Nightcrawler (Obviously) (3)
  • Harry Potter (2)
  • The Keeper (Evil Within) (2)
Avatar image for major_hellstorm
#36 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (10285 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. Just until recently I thought Zets didn't know much about MK but now here he is rep'ing Scorpion. T4V.

#37 Posted by Revan2424 (5328 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (34218 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Can you respond to post #35?

For this match you can keep him. Next round you or the other guys can chose to change it.

#39 Edited by Revan2424 (5328 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumotoNo Caption Provided

Nightcrawler, the Demonic Mutant

I'm far too lazy to do a bio, so:

Nightcrawler is a mutant who can teleport by opening a portal into another dimension, travelling through it via an unconscious direction-finding sense, and returning to his own dimension. When teleporting, Nightcrawler leaves behind a small portion of the atmosphere of the other dimension that escapes with a muffled “bamf” sound and smells of brimstone. On returning, his power automatically displaces any extraneous liquids and gases.

Nightcrawler has the following abilities:

• Enhanced Strength
  • Shadow Melding
  • Night Vision
  • Subconscious Spatial Awareness
  • Teleportation
  • Super Strength

And has the following gear:

• 2 Sexy ass German cutlasses

The Neyaphem Prince

I see you lowballing Nightcrawler a little bit. I guess I'll have to set you straight.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8
From right to left

One of my favorite showings from the Claremont run, in Nightcrawler #8 and Nightcrawler #9 shows some amazing feats for Nightcrawler. The first scan shows him resisting telepathy from an Omega level mutant, Shadow King (the one who held his own against Charles Xavier, and even started beating him)The 4th and 5th scan shows Nightcrawler with some very impressive striking. He two-shots Beast, and throws him at Storm's tornado

Now before we go on, I'd like to address Nightcrawler's durability. To prove he can stand against Scorpion's attacks. Plus some good striking.

In Excalibur #43, Nightcrawler is blindsided by an angry (but not quite bloodlusted) Captain Britain, a 90-tonner, (Who is weakened, without his suit) and manages to, not only land numerous hits to harm him, but use his teleportation to his advantage to win

But in these scans, my focus is not the win that Nightcrawler had, but the fact that Nightcrawler was able to shrug off Captain Britain's hits with absolutely no effect on his ability to fight. This means that if Hanzo does manage to actually tag Nightcrawler, it will have absolutely no effect on his ability to continue to kick Hanzo's ass.

And these striking feats feats cement him as not being a slouch in that department as well, being far above Hanzo in that regard as well.

I mean, just to give you a gauge on how hard Captain Britain was hitting Nightcrawler, Scatterbrain, a mutant with regular human durability, was oneshotted by Captain Britain pulling back his arm to punch, in scan 3. So that means Nightcrawler was shrugging off hits that would accidentally oneshot a person. I don't know much about Hanzo's striking, but he can't dream of knocking Nightcrawler out.

No Caption Provided

In The Mighty Thor #427 , Nightcrawler knocks Piledriver on his ass. Piledriver, as you may know is a mortal with Asgardian powers, who has better durability than Hanzo at this time. And Nightcrawler has the ability to knock him down rather casually. Nightcrawler has the ability to be anywhere at anytime, ready to knock tf outta Hanzo rather easily.

Dat boi, who lived:

Harry James[60] Potter (b. 31 July1980[1]) was a half-blood[2]wizard, who was the only child and son of the late James and Lily Potter (néeEvans), and one of the most famous wizards of modern times. In what proved to be a vain attempt to circumvent a prophecy that stated that a boy born at the end of July of 1980 could be able to defeat him. Lord Voldemort tried to murder him when he was a year and three months old. Voldemort murdered Harry's parents as they tried to protect him, shortly before attacking Harry. This early unsuccessful attempt to vanquish Harry led to Voldemort's first downfall, marking the end of the First Wizarding War and to Harry henceforth being known as the "Boy Who Lived."[5]

Harry has the following equipment:

• Firebolt Broomstick
  • Invisibility Cloak
  • Elder Wand
  • Swanky Glasses

No Caption Provided

The guy I got purely for prep

As the self-proclaimed "Master of Fear", the Scarecrow is an overly-obsessive and deranged ex-professor of psychology in Gotham City, who uses a variety of experimental drugs and psychological tactics to exploit the fears and phobias of his victims. He is one of Batman's most enduring enemies and belongs to the collective of adversaries that make up his rogues gallery.[4]

Crane has the following gear:

• A Scythe
  • An assload of fear toxin
No Caption Provided

The guy I got accidentally:

A monster from the Silent Hill videogame series and one of the series most iconic entities. It is frequently associated with the feeling of regret and the need for penance.

Gear:

• That big ass sword
  • His bugs
  • That Pyramid Head

Misinfo? And Rebuts, and such

So as I start to rebut your strategy, I notice some misinformation about some of your characters:

In the Hell Priest's most recent incarnation, the "Scarlet Gospel", Elliot Spencer recovered Lucifer's armor. A powerful artifact which he then used in an attempt to conquer all of hell. The armor renders the wearer immune to the effects of magic. More than that, it allows the user to absorb magical energies and draw upon it for power. The main weakness of the armor, is that it does not generate power on it's own, it can only absorb it from others. If the armor is not fed with magical attacks, it is possible for it to be depleted of it's power

Yeah, nah. I would've just went with this strategy, if not for my boy Phil, who actually reads these godawful books showed me his copy, and how things really went down. It turns out Pinhead doesn't have Lucifer's Armor. Lucifer was dead, and when Pinhead took it from him, it caused Lucifer to resurrect. Then they had a huge ass fight which ended up in Lucifer winning, pulling out Pinhead's pins, and removing his guts. Lucifer took his armor back, I think. But either way, Pinhead's armor that he had for a couple of chapters doesn't constitute standard armor. Especially since he lost it. :/

the only one who even remotely poses a threat to Hanzo is Nightcrawler. The problem with Nightcrawler is that Hanzo is just as skilled at teleportation

Bitch, please. Nightcrawler has far more finesse and skill with teleportation. But for arguments sake, I'll dissect your scans.

Your first scan shows Hanzo grabbing some random kid and teleporting him away. Nice. Here's Nightcrawler teleporting the entire torso off of a sentinel in a Danger Room sim:

No Caption Provided

The Uncanny X-Men #444

Your second scan shows Hanzo taking a sword from Raiden, then hitting him. lol

Here's Nightcrawler avoiding X-23, with utter ease:

Right to left

In The Uncanny X-Men #451 Nightcrawler is able to exercise his agility, teleporting to avoid X-23, and then strike her to take her down. Even using the nature of his teleportation to put X-23 down.

More than that, Scorpion is also extremely experienced in facing other teleporters. In fact, like half of the Mortal Kombat roster has some form of rapid teleportation ability. Combine this with his full knowledge of your character and I see little reason he wouldn't be able to completely outplay Nightcrawler in the peekaboo game.

Because this was before Nightcrawler got amped after he died, and learned martial arts. Show that Nightcrawler getting predicted, especially since Hanzo not fast enough to act on Nightcrawler's teleportation. Because he's leagues ahead of Hanzo in speed, in the scans I've already shown. But I have more on standby if you wish.

And another reason Hanzo can't outplay Nightcrawler is because Nightcrawler will take him out in no more than 5 punches, I've already shown him bruising 90-tonners and 2 shotting Beast. More feats will be given if you wish.

Even Elliot, a manipulative mastermind and war veteran, should be more than capable of predicting Nightcrawler's attacks and reacting accordingly. Pinhead is able to trade blows with an opponent so quickly it causes small gusts of wind:

That's not even impressive. Like at all. Show Pinhead with a bullet timing feat. Or anything even close to that.

Furthermore, Pinhead can further turn the battle in his favor, by immediately opening with a simple blinding spell:

First off, Pinhead did this with Lucifer's armor. Which he DOESN'T have. Secondly, H-Harry (I will refer to Potter as Harry and Harry from the Hellraiser-verse has H-Harry) was able to resist this binding spell long enough to tell his friends to go. And he has Human level strength. Pyramid Head, and Nightcrawler can resist this easily.

His magic can even work on multiple people at once. Here, he causes an entire group of demons to hallucinate:

No, Lucifer armour. Jeez.

The rest of your team will pretty much be wiped out by a single chain barrage:

I will touch on this in my prep part.

The Prep to Wreck:

Firstly, we start off, with Scarecrow dousing Nightcrawler's swords with fear toxin, using it just like Two-Face did against Nightwing in Nightwing #148 - The Great Leap, Part Two with his bullets. This means every time he stabs someone, they get fear toxin'ed.

Harry then puts on his cloak, and then flies up in the sky. While Nightcrawler shadow-melds into the darkness. Crane hides somewhere in a bush, and Pyramid head stations himself in front ready to fight.

Plan of Action:

So first, Harry uses his Sectumsempra against Pinhead from the skies, to take him down. This spell makes large cuts to the body of the person it's used on. Pinhead doesn't seem to have much durability against this, seeing as he was taken down by Lucifer, disembowelling him, and breaking his bones. With the Elder Wand, it should be enough to incap Pinhead for the rest of the fight. But if that's not enough, Harry could simply use Imperio, and make Pinhead fight for him, against Hanzo.

While that's happening, Nightcrawler should take out Hanzo in less than 3 seconds, so there's that. While slicing him, and making him live his worst fears.

#40 Posted by Revan2424 (5328 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by Zetsumoto (20591 posts) - - Show Bio

@revan2424:

No Caption Provided

Basic Counters:

*Claims Pinhead wouldn't have Lucifer armor* ---> *Tries to argue Harry Potter as having the Elder Wand*

GG folks.

While it's true that the Lucifer armor wasn't recovered until fairly late in the story; the Scarlet Gospels' were Pinhead's most recent appearance. Gaining the armor was central to the plot and the armor itself was present for the major climax of the story. Once the armor was gained, he continued to wear it right up until the near end of the story and only lost it shortly before his demise.

That makes it standard for Pinhead within the Scarlet Gospel's story, and the Scarlet Gospel's is the most current version of Pinhead. Had Pinhead survived and continued on for another novel or so, the armor would have been reduced to a temporary enhancement, however, that is not the case.

Yes, Pinhead did lose the armor at the end. However, again, that was at the very end of the novel, and briefly before he died. I can think of plenty of examples of characters who are still associated with certain MacGuffin items, despite only having them briefly and having lost them shortly before their death.

• Malekith didn't gain the Aether until over 2 thirds into Thor the Dark World, and he lost at the end. Yet in any CaV, he'd be used with the item, because those are where the core feats for that incarnation of his character lie.
  • MCU Loki lost the scepter back in the Avengers and didn't have it at all during Dark World. He's generally assumed to have it in CaVs.
  • Imhotep lost his undead status and became a normal human for the final battle of Mummy Returns. He's generally used as an undead.
  • Voldemort didn't gain the Elder Wand until halfway through the final novel of the series, and he never truly had mastery over it. He lost it at the end. Yet, most would agree he has more claim to it than Harry, despite it not actually amping his power much.

There are tons of other examples, Shinnok, Angor Rot, and so on.

Oh, and since I brought up Voldemort having more right to the Elder Wand than Harry, I'll point out that Harry never even used the wand. Not once, throughout the entirety of the series, did Harry use the wand. It didn't even enter his possession until the end of the story and he immediately got rid of it.

Wait, no. He did use it once. He used it to repair his old wand, because he felt he was "happier" with it:

"As his wand resealed, red sparks flew out of its end. Harry knew that he had succeeded. He picked up the holly and phoenix wand and felt a sudden warmth in his fingers, as though wand and hand were rejoicing at their reunion."

What did he do with the Elder Wand after?In the book, he sealed it in Dumbledoor's tomb. In the movie...

No Caption Provided

You also made 2 other false claims:

First off, Pinhead did this with Lucifer's armor. Which he DOESN'T have. Secondly, H-Harry (I will refer to Potter as Harry and Harry from the Hellraiser-verse has H-Harry) was able to resist this binding spell long enough to tell his friends to go. And he has Human level strength. Pyramid Head, and Nightcrawler can resist this easily.

----

No, Lucifer armour. Jeez.

First off, the armor does NOT give Pinhead any spell mastery. The armor's sole function is absorbing magical energy and storing it for the wearer. Pinhead's mastery of spells is entirely his own.

The hallucination spell feat was done in Chapter 16 of Book 2, "Into the Breach". Pinhead dawned Lucifer's armor in the early part of Book 3, "The Mourning Star".

The blinding spell was done immediately after Pinhead's defeat at the hands of Lucifer. In fact, he was heavily wounded and depleted of magic. Even D'amour remarked at the spell's lack of potency compared to earlier feats:

Though the Priest still had magic, the strength of his workings had clearly left him, and the working on Harry’s body was nowhere near the paralyzing thrall the Priest had held over him in the cathedral

To review. You tried to argue Harry as having the Elder Wand, despite him never actually using the thing in combat and, in the movie, even outright destroying it once it was actually in his possession. You made false assumptions about not one, but two different feats regarding Pinhead.

That's strike one, two, and three. As the saying goes, you're out. Sorry man, but your credibility is SHOT!

The Actual Fight:

That's not even impressive. Like at all. Show Pinhead with a bullet timing feat. Or anything even close to that.

Umm... They were moving so fast that the gusts of wind from their movements made a wall of flame:

the gusts of wind raised by the threshing swords suddenly caused the flames between the opponents to rise up like a blazing wall

Most low end bullet timers don't even have feats like that. I don't have bullet timing feats, because cenobites have no reason to dodge bullets when at full power.

H-Harry (I will refer to Potter as Harry and Harry from the Hellraiser-verse has H-Harry) was able to resist this binding spell long enough to tell his friends to go. And he has Human level strength. Pyramid Head, and Nightcrawler can resist this easily.

You could just call him D'amour, but whatever.

First off, it's a blinding spell. It doesn't effect his voice. I fail to see how managing to tell his friends to go equates to "resisting" the spell, nor do I see the correlation between resisting a spell and physical durability.

Furthermore, there is a far cry between yelling some words and actively trying to fight while under the effects of a painful vision impairing curse:

His heart quickened, not beating but hammering. And with each hammer blow the pricking worsened, as though invisible hands were steadily pressing white-hot needles into his eyes.

Yes, it took a brief amount of time before D'amour was fully blinded by the curse. However, as I stated earlier, Pinhead was in heavily wounded and magically depleted state. Even D'amour could tell that the spell was less potent than it would be otherwise:

Though the Priest still had magic, the strength of his workings had clearly left him, and the working on Harry’s body was nowhere near the paralyzing thrall the Priest had held over him in the cathedral

At his normal power level, which he would be for this fight. At normal power level, not only would the curse be more potent/faster-acting, but the Hell Priest would be able to do far more than just blind Nightcrawler. He can straight up paralyze him with a single utterance:

Harry felt his body freeze. Not in attendant terror, but in a physical response to an unheard utterance. He made to move, to shout, to save his friends from the same fate, but he could do none of these things. He could only feel his body turning, against his will, to face the furious battle that raged overhead. The Priest had ensnared Harry. He was in thrall to the Cenobite’s edict: witness.

Harry had objected to the Priest’s demands but, from the very outset, had played directly into them, he now realized. He had borne witness to the Priest’s great exodus, the resurrection, and was now forced to watch the final victory. The Priest, it was clear, was not about to let Harry escape until this terrible story was at its end. It would seem Dale’s prescient advice was for naught. Now, when the will to look away was strongest, Harry was powerless against his body’s dictate.

Pinhead vs Harry Potter:

So first, Harry uses his Sectumsempra against Pinhead from the skies, to take him down. This spell makes large cuts to the body of the person it's used on.

First off, Lucifer's armor would straight up absorb the magic, and boost Pinhead's power.

Even without the armor, these types of attacks won't work, unless you strip away Pinhead's Cenobite Inviolability.

Harry Potter magic is weak against magical beings and can even be impeded by normal physical objects.

Cenobite inviolability is potent enough to no-sell futuristic weaponry:

No Caption Provided

These guns can destroy the locks on giant, extremely thick, steel blast doors:

No Caption Provided

And like... Even disregarding the armor, the inviolability, and the natural durability, what is a sectumsempra to even supposed to do? When Harry used that spell on the undead inferi, it did literally nothing. Cenobites are a hell of a lot pore powerful than the inferi are.

You're trying to use a spell that causes simple lacerations to defeat undead beings that constantly walk around with worse injuries:

Hell, Pinhead himself, has giant pins through his skull!
Hell, Pinhead himself, has giant pins through his skull!

Frank, who hadn't even become a real cenobite yet, regenerated an entire body just from some blood dripping into a left over smear from where he died:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWD23_pyOGU

You can't even argue that the pain would slow him down, as cenobites like Pinhead are MASTERS of pain:

Pinhead doesn't seem to have much durability against this, seeing as he was taken down by Lucifer, disembowelling him, and breaking his bones.

Dude. You're comparing a sectumsempra spell to getting mauled by Lucifer. You don't even need to know anything about Barker-verse to know how stupid that sounds. For the record, Lucifer is physically strong enough to smash Hell's planet sized sky-stone by literally throwing a giant sea monster into it:

The sky contained neither sun, nor stars, which was predictable enough, but what it did contain was a stone the size of a small planet. The stone reached high above the immense landscape that spread out below, and it threw off fissures like lightning bolts, through which brightness poured. The effect upon the vast panorama was uncanny.

---

The words to describe the sight seemed to fail them all. It was too immense a spectacle: the circling waters in a foaming frenzy, the massive serpentine form of the Quo’oto rising out of the vortex empowered by its spiraling energies, and the light from Lucifer’s body growing brighter as he climbed the air, with the Quo’oto following close behind him. The creature was defying the limitations of its anatomy with this flight, but Lucifer had it hooked by some invisible barb and drew it up from above just as the waters had cast it skyward from below.

---

The Quo’oto was still rising up out of the vortex, its body far vaster than even the Lord of Hell had anticipated. Yet he drew it up without effort, though it roared its displeasure at being ejected from its natural habitat; its breath stinking of the dead meat in its entrails, it wanted Lucifer in its belly more than anything its hungry eyes had ever settled on, and for that reason alone it didn’t fight to free itself from the hold that had been placed on it. Soon it would catch up with the Morning Star and swallow him whole. He was so close, just a tiny distance beyond its gaping maw. Any moment it would have him.

Then Lucifer drove the Quo’oto into the sky’s limit and the beast crashed into the surface. Upon its impact, there came a single thunderous boom, which started some distance away and then reverberated across the heavens. The Quo’oto loosed an unholy chthonic cry of pain—its last living act—and died, plummeting from the sky toward its watery grave.

“What the fuck was that?!” Harry screamed, his hands going to his ears.

“Jesus. It … uh, hit the sky, ” said Lana.

“The stone?”

“Hard, ” said Caz. “And there’s a crack opening up. More than one, actually. A lot more. Fuck. There’s cracks spreading over the whole damn rock.”

“And where’s Lucifer?”

“He’s right up against the stone, forcing the cracks open with his light.”

So yea... Lucifer is above both of our characters, by like... 2 whole tiers... Lucifer being able to rip through Pinhead's body like wet tissue paper? Perfectly understandable. lmao

Harry could simply use Imperio, and make Pinhead fight for him, against Hanzo.

First off, Imperio is one of the three "Unforgivable Curses". I find it hard to believe that Harry would resort to that spell as an immediate go-to move against opponents he knows nothing about. Secondly, it would get absorbed by Lucifer's armor. Thirdly, once again, HP verse magic has always had issues when used against magical beings. Cenobites have magical protections that need to either be overpowered, or countered with specialized-magics/weaponry.

Furthermore, I already showed that Pinhead is also a master of mental magics. He's also an accomplished telepath:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EsK33-4SUM

Also, what's stopping Pinhead from blowing Harry Potter out of the sky with a single thought? He has already shown to be capable of casting explosions to play with and lead targets despite them not being in his line of sight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOFFrDPo9Y4

And being in the sky won't even keep you safe from his chains:

No Caption Provided

Scorpion vs Nightcrawler:

Firstly, we start off, with Scarecrow dousing Nightcrawler's swords with fear toxin, using it just like Two-Face did against Nightwing in Nightwing #148 - The Great Leap, Part Two with his bullets. This means every time he stabs someone, they get fear toxin'ed.

First off, you don't have the Perfect Teamwork perk. While the rules may keep your characters from killing each other, it does not mean they will automatically work together. Scarecrow is a villain, Nightcrawler is a hero. I highly doubt they would get together and plan anything out. Not to mention that all of my characters are some form of demon/undead, so you're gonna need feats proving poison would even work.

In Excalibur #43, Nightcrawler is blindsided by an angry (but not quite bloodlusted) Captain Britain, a 90-tonner, (Who is weakened, without his suit) and manages to, not only land numerous hits to harm him, but use his teleportation to his advantage to win

The fact that he was neither at full strength or blood-lusted negates all relevancy of him being a 90-tonner. At least in regards to shrugging off blows from him (which I didn't even see Nightcrawler do in those scans)

So that means Nightcrawler was shrugging off hits that would accidentally oneshot a person. I don't know much about Hanzo's striking, but he can't dream of knocking Nightcrawler out.

Honest question here... Does this... Actually sound impressive to you? Seriously... When writing that line, did the idea that this would somehow sound impressive to anyone, actually cross your mind? Normal humans get knocked out by punches from other normal humans all the time. Shrugging off a blow like that doesn't even put you on level with the weakest of Mortal Kombat characters.

I mean... Have you never seen an X-Ray, Brutality, or Fatality montage on youtube? Forget knocking someone out. In a single precise strike, Mortal Kombat characters can rip off limbs, shatter skeletons, and cave in skulls. It's a basic part of every Mortal Kombat character's moveset:

No Caption Provided

Scorpion has cannonically done so to OTHER Mortal Kombat characters!

Hell, Sub-Zero is capable of blocking missiles with his ice sculptures. Scorpion once got fully encased by a solid block of Sub-Zero's ice. He broke out of it with pure strength:

And that was done while Sub-Zero had a major amp.

Also... All of your durability feats are BLUNT FORCE. Are you forgetting that I have swords and bladed chains?

Even without being charged with hellfire, Scorpion's swords can cut through metal armor:

No Caption Provided

So yea, unless your swords are significantly more durable than normal swords, you wouldn't even be able to block.

Nightcrawler knocks Piledriver on his ass. Piledriver, as you may know is a mortal with Asgardian powers, who has better durability than Hanzo at this time.

Durability doesn't actually stop you from getting knocked over.

Nightcrawler has the ability to be anywhere at anytime, ready to knock tf outta Hanzo rather easily.

Scorpion has the ability to be "anywhere at anytime" as well. As for knocking Hanzo out, just... No...

A non-amped Sub-Zero is capable of smashing punching through blast doors and ripping apart combat robots with his bare-hands. When amped, he can destroy entire buildings in a single strike:

Against an amped and bloodlusted Sub-Zero, Scorpion has shrugged off impalement and even took the double whammy of getting kicked full force right into a solid block of ice (this was right before getting frozen solid, and busting out with brute strength:

Your first scan shows Hanzo grabbing some random kid and teleporting him away.

Did you miss the giant lightning bolt from the sky?

No Caption Provided

He was able to get in and get out, all within the span of a cloud to ground lightning bolt, and without getting caught by the lightning bolt's effects.

Here's Nightcrawler teleporting the entire torso off of a sentinel in a Danger Room sim:

That's not speed, that's telefrag, which Nightcrawler wouldn't even do to a living person in character. Also, we aren't just talking about uses of teleportation. We are talking about position, strategy, tactics, and so on. Scorpion is constantly fighting other teleporters and has full knowledge of your character. Nightcrawler doesn't even know Scorpion can teleport.

Your second scan shows Hanzo taking a sword from Raiden, then hitting him. lol

Here's Nightcrawler avoiding X-23, with utter ease:

lol is X-23 supposed to be more impressive than defeating a lightning god?

Same lightning god who can solo-stomp an entire cast of characters of characters?

No Caption Provided

Not to mention, Raiden is extremely fast and is ALSO a teleporter!

Hell, Quan Chi is fast enough to cast an entire barrier spell, chant and everything, all before bullets can cross the distance of a small room:

You can clearly see the bullets were fired before he even started
You can clearly see the bullets were fired before he even started

Both Raiden and Scorpion are more physically focused than he is and both of them have cannonically defeated him in story:

https://youtu.be/i51UFpnk6gs

Bottom line:

• Scorpion is faster and stronger than nightcrawler.
  • Just as quick with his teleportation.
  • Has a far more versatile power-set (hellfire, teleportation, super-strength/speed, chain manipulation, regen, etc.)
  • Has full knowledge of Nightcrawler's powers, physical capabilities, and fight style.
  • Has no problems using lethal force.
  • Has tons of experience fighting other teleporters.

Nightcrawler:

• Has zero knowledge of Scorpion's abilities, fight style, or powers.
  • Has morals that keep him from using lethal force against humanoid opponents.
  • Is under the effects of a blinding spell and that's assuming he hasn't been completely paralyzed.
  • Nightcrawler would also be chased by explosions and chains from a multi-tasking Pinhead

The victor under these circumstances should be clear as day.

Summary:

• Pinhead is wearing Lucifer's armor and even if he weren't, it would make little difference in this battle as Harry is the only magic focused character on your team; and he lacks the raw potency to effect Pinhead.
  • All of your characters will either be blinded or completely paralyzed by Pinhead's opening spell.
  • Pinhead and Scorpion both have full knowledge on each of your characters, and more than enough combat experience to improvise a strategy to pull a win.
  • Harry would easily get blown out of the sky. All of his spells would either get absorbed by Pinhead's armor, or bounce off his inviolability.
  • Nightcrawler likely wouldn't be able to defeat Scorpion in a fair battle. Let alone under these completely lopsided odds.
  • Pyramid-head is a non-factor and so is Scoprion.
  • Not a single one of your characters has the damage output necessary to harm Pinhead through his inviolability.
  • Don't forget the small army of cenobites that would spill out from the open box.

Edit In Regards to the Lucifer Armor:

Since Revan, apparently, wasn't confident enough in his ability to debate the validity of Pinhead's access to Lucifer armor; he decided just now, 2 posts in and after this developed into an in-depth discussion, to go to SFW for an official ruling. SFW stated it must have been used at least 2wice to be considered accessible.

I am not entirely clear on whether or not twice means two battles or two appearances; so I'll explain the situation flat out. Lucifer Armor is unique to the Scarlet Gospels version of Pinhead. He had the armor for 2 separate battles (that were back-to-back). The first was against the Unconsumed. The second was against Lucifer himself. He also used the armor during his slaughter of hell's main army.

He lost his fight with Lucifer. Lucifer stripped the armor from him, and left him broken, wounded, and depleted of power. Lucifer then proceeded to destroy all of hell, killing Pinhead in the process.

The rules say that all characters are composite unless otherwise stated. In my opinion, the Lucifer Armor is standard for Scarlet Gospels version of Pinhead. Scarlet Gospels version of Pinhead is also the most RECENT edition of Pinhead.

I stand by Pinhead being able to use the armor. Is my opinion universal? Probably not. Those are my reasons. The end.

The Armor Doesn't Matter:

To prove that the Armor is irrelavent to my win against Revan, lets review what the armor actually does.

The armor's main function is to absorb magical energy to empower the user. Who on his team uses magic? Harry Potter.

What happens if Pinhead does not have the armor? He still has his natural cenobite inviolability. The same inviolability that can no-sell futuristic weaponry. The same weaponry that can melt locks on giant blast doors.

HP-verse magic can get blocked by simple physical objects and is notoriously weak against magical beings.

To summarize:

• With Armor: Harry's spells will only be absorbed by the armor, bolstering Pinhead's power.
  • Without the Armor: Harry's spells still bounce off harmlessly.

Also, the idea that Harry would have the Elder Want is laughable. The fact that he'd argue it while claiming Pinhead wouldn't have Lucifer Armor is the EPITOME of double standards!

#42 Posted by Zetsumoto (20591 posts) - - Show Bio

@revan2424: Alright, my post is up. I'll probably let it go to voting after your next post, so make sure you get everything you have to say. Maybe you'll surprise me and force me to start a third set of posts, but I doubt it.

#43 Posted by Zetsumoto (20591 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Revan2424 (5328 posts) - - Show Bio

Kids, taste that? That's the taste of some salt.

Delicious

#45 Posted by Zetsumoto (20591 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Revan2424 (5328 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Zetsumoto (20591 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Zetsumoto (20591 posts) - - Show Bio

@revan2424: Just letting you know, you're close to getting DQed.

#49 Posted by Zetsumoto (20591 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by Revan2424 (5328 posts) - - Show Bio