Hall of Fame Round XIV -- Voting!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll toss a vote to @brucerogers. I have 2 votes left now.

Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304  Edited By Ultimate_Knight

"Rule 9: To vote viners must have limited post count of 500."

But I currently have more than 9700 accumulated posts in this site.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Rule 9: To vote viners must have limited post count of 500."

But I currently have more than 9700 accumulated posts in this site.

Quit being a smart-ass and vote!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So. Any more love for ya boi Fetts?

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#312 owie  Moderator
Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#313  Edited By Vertigo-

Second vote is going to @owie . While I haven't really talked to him myself, from what I've read from him, he's always courteous, and seems to enjoy discussions. When it comes to battle of the weeks, he always makes well informed, well supported arguments. He has all the qualities I see as HoF level posters here.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: you can vote upto 5 people if you wish.

Um, I only know one other person who I remember seeing CaV...and I don't remember their username. I'll add it if I remember.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos said:

I would like to recommend myself and @owie as potential vote receivers :D

I nominate @chimeroid I apologize but I don't know who @owie is...If I DO know you and don't remember, please remind me from where and how.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@heroup2112: You can check out his campaign post on the second page of this thread. While he didn't go around CaVing everyone and participating in tourneys, he was simply always there with really good input in threads. As he said, he was mentioned as a "top commenter" in Battle of the week like 50 times :D

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 owie  Moderator

@chimeroid said:
@emperorthanos said:

I would like to recommend myself and @owie as potential vote receivers :D

I nominate @chimeroid I apologize but I don't know who @owie is...If I DO know you and don't remember, please remind me from where and how.

Hi, no, I don't think we know each other personally. Here's my post that chimeroid mentioned, and like he says my responses in the Battle of the Week are probably my claim to fame if anything. But really, vote for whoever you think is most deserving.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

As a heads up, this is closing out sometime on Saturday. I don't have an exact time, it's just when I get to it. So, get your votes in!

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By Revan-

I’m worth 2 users, so I get 10 votes right?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan- said:

I’m worth 2 users, so I get 10 votes right?

More like you're absolutely worthless, so none of your votes count for shit.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By HeroUp2112
Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By Revan-

@heroup2112: This is voting, not nominations, lol.

And you should send a vote towards TheDailyBagel’s way

Edit: Nvm

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan- said:

@zetsumoto: Are you just infinitely salty?

You wouldn't be able to tell if I was or wasn't. Me trying to rub salt on you would be about as useless as dumping a salt shaker into the Dead Sea.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By Revan-

@zetsumoto: True, I am a large reservoir of salt. However you’re a damn near unlimited portal of plantes full of nothing of salt. Jesus.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan- said:

@heroup2112: This is voting, not nominations, lol.

And you should send a vote towards TheDailyBagel’s way

Edit: Nvm

Thanks for the heads up.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan- said:

@zetsumoto: True, I am a large reservoir of salt. However you’re a damn near unlimited portal of plants full of nothing of salt. Jesus.

Umm, did you mean planets? lol

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan-: Can't even type an e without cutting yourself on that salt?

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@heroup2112: Morleericks/Sawed_off_it is not on the nominees list. So you would need to vote for someone else.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: Morleericks/Sawed_off_it is not on the nominees list. So you would need to vote for someone else.

WHOOPS, sorry.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By HeroUp2112

Oh, I wish I'd known there was a list of nominees before...this is too easy, I vote for @p00ty

OldKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By OldKaiser

@wyldsong: I’ll be voting for Shirso, Zetsumoto, Chimeroid, and DedmanWalkin.

These votes are based on their respective performances in both tournaments and scenarios.

Edit: Y’know, chuck in a vote for Fetts too.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 owie  Moderator
P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By P00TY

@heroup2112: Greetings my friend!! Still raising hell on the religion thread?

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 thedailybagel  Moderator

@zetsumoto: @revan-: take it to a pm or a different thread guys

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By Revan-
Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@heroup2112: Yes. Thanks for thinking of me bud, but I wasn't nominated and rightfully so.

I tend to lose interest in Cavs I'm a part of, or I put forth a lack of effort due to time constraints when I do post.

Maybe in a couple months that will change :D

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p00ty said:

@heroup2112: Greetings my friend!! Still raising hell on the religion thread?

lol Not anymore. There are a few people (actually one mainly) that is just a nut job that has kind of ruined it. I'm on the regular threads now...I tend to hit the political threads pretty often though. I have to say now that I know you're in this I'm pulling for you.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts said:

Friends! Romans! Viners! Welcome to the annual voting round for the 2018 Olympics Debater’s Hall of Fame. Many of you know who I am. Many of you I have had the pleasure of participating in roleplaying tournament both with and against, and others I’ve had the pleasure of debating against in CaV’s. Many of you feel that I have deserved this spot for some time now, and I feel the same. That is not to say, that others are not undeserving of such a title. In their own way, I’m sure they have presented qualities that have not gone unnoticed. But it is to say, that I feel as if this has been a long time coming. For various reasons, either medical or personal or academic, I have not tried very hard in previous seasons to advertise myself as a worthy Hall of Famer. That changes today.

Make no mistake, these last many years on the Vine has meant a great deal to me. In times of high-end social anxiety in the forgettable but fundamental years of high school, Comic Vine has been an outlet. In the years of lonely New Hampshire summers, there was Comic Vine. In grim days of unfathomable health conditions, Comic Vine was there to ease the burden. So, I go forth, ready to advertise away, with the understanding Comic Vine does mean much to me. But, whether it be a flaw or a quality, I embrace it with pride this day.

My Top Five Debates

1. BATTLE OF THE WEEK---Erik's Battle Scenario: Capes (Final Round, Page 82 Post #4079) - Honestly, this may be my proudest moment on Comic Vine. There were many hardcore creative scenarios brought to us by @erik_soong. While harsh and aggressive words were exchanged and hours upon hours fueled typing, rigorous fingers, the sheer thrill and challenge of what he brought to the table in his scenarios was truly the stuff of legends. I, myself, have a good many memories. From killing hundreds if not thousands of orcs by blowing up the top of a mountain, to intense grudge matches between my Deathstroke/Boba Fett hybrid and @ferro_vida's powerful Samus Aran powerhouse, to even going as far as faking my own death to save my weakened self from the clutches of @lunacyde. Mere words can not express the colorful gauntlet that each of us had to counter and the ferocity of the debates they brought forth. But, the final complete round was one that is surely unforgettable to me. Though the teams were equally numbered, their team expressed a great deal of power that had to be overcome. One nigh-limit-breaking powerhouse who wore a darkened version of the Samus Aran armor, a Captain America-esque super soldier wielding Mjolnir armor, a squad of teleporters, and a team member who can completely surround our team in utter blackness that'd render even the most enhanced individual's eyesight useless. Nevertheless, after hours of calculating, before they had brought up the strategy, I predicted their strategy to nearly an exacttee. As I said back then,

Wow. I cannot tell you how happy I am. Because I sincerely kid you not, I anticipated all of this to near perfection. To Jack blinding our team to even the way you separated your teams and how you'll use them. And as it happens, I designed a plan for exactly this scenario. Congratulations. You've played right into our hands. Brace yourselves.

Highly recommend reading Post #4104 for full detail on my prediction. The debate lasts about three pages from Page 82-85, in case anyone would like to skim through it. In the end, our team lost. Debating mistakes were made and their were a couple of rules that our team were not aware of at the time. Even still, I was very proud of myself for making the rare occurrence of predicting the enemy's strategy so accurately. After it all, I was honored by Erik's comment in his deciding judgement on the battle:

I will however say that Fetts very easily gets MVP of this match. He carried his entire team for just about the entire debate and he fought hard. His team might have lost, but Fetts certainly didn't, as far as I am concerned.

2. CaV: Deathstroke (Fetts) vs. Vamp (nickzambuto) - Picking out of all of my most noted debates was a very hard decision, but I think this one certainly deserves the second piece of the cake. Even though, by no means, I debated without the certain standard of finesse I hold myself to, this is where I feel where my debating skills were birthed and where they shined for the first time. Back in the day, @nickzambuto and I had quite the rivalry. We butted heads against each other through several CaV's and tournament matches, and I think it's safe to say that through it all we gained a respect for one another. And, admittedly, he had the upper hand throughout most of this entire match. Nevertheless, in my final post, I decided to buckle down and force myself to go Super Saiyan 2. With a raged determination that I still remember to this day, I researched long and hard, made calculations, and studied scans to the best of my abilities. Even in the end, the voting phase was extremely close and tense, but I won by a landslide single vote.

@jashro44

I think fetts had the better argument due to his last response. All though it was a good debate.

3. Esquire's Tournament (Semifinals): CadenceV2 vs. Fetts - This, likewise, was very hard to rank. But I remember it being talked about by others, and given the circumstances of the match I do believe it was something to talk about :). Essentially, the match came to this: my team consisted of Boba Fett and Pre-52/New-52Deathstroke (my two favorite characters), who had their standard equipment, EMP grenades, full knowledge, and forty-five minutes of prep. CadenceV2 had a much more menacing team with numbers and quality troops to boot. In his team, he played Captain Titus (40k) with a carbonadium upgrade, Roland Deschain with a vibranium suit and explosive rounds, and five cape-killer S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. Despite the overwhelming odds, I was able to utilize my prep time sufficiently by creating a forest fire and a circle "moat" that'd deem my characters safe, was able to provide revolutionary discoveries to Deathstroke's physical stats (enhanced even further by Nth Metal) to combat Captain Titus, use Boba's vision modes and other detection methods, take advantage of his split numbers, and point out his flaw for thinking he had cape killer agents instead of regular agents. Against all odds and everybody's expectations, I was able to pull out a victory.

4. Esquire's Tournament (Finals): Sovereign91001 vs. Fetts - Many a time, back in those days, I could get very salty losing a match after I put so much time and effort into it. Nevertheless, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I felt as if it was an honor to lose against Sovereign91001. Never before had I made it the final round of a tournament, and when it finally came to it, I met my Payton Manning to my Tom Brady. Not only did I feel so evenly matched by Sovereign, but afterwards I could tell he was an honorable, respectful, hardworking, and intelligent debater. And to top it off, it was Spider-Man and Wolverine vs. Boba Fett and Deathstroke! Who wouldn't pay to see that grudge match? In the end, we agreed that either of us could have won. Both of us were pretty evenly matched in characters, both of us had perks that were advantageous, both of us had equipment that was advantageous. I encourage anyone to skim through the match themselves to see how evenly drawer we were. And, even though I lost, I believe it was evident that I put up a helluva fight. Nevertheless, despite our even ground, he did certainly deserve the win.

5. CaV: Boba/Jango (Fetts) vs. Smiley/Broken Tusk (jwalser3) - Truthfully, the fifth one is a very hard one to choose because I feel as if any one of the debates in any of Dane's, Erik's, or Lunacyde's role-playing scenario tournaments could easily take the mark. But honestly, all of those were so incredibly close in terms of quality and it'd take days that I don't have to truly decide which one was marginally best. So, I opted for a different approach and chose another CaV. This one, as memory serves, was also one of the most evenly matched debates I've had. Though I've had better rivalries, Boba Fett vs. Predator used to be one of the most debated "Boba Fett" or "Predator" theoretical match-ups online if memory serves. Both of the Predators, especially in the comics, have a good many high-end feats that'd make the likes of Captain America sweat. To prove that the Mandalorians were more than a match for the alien machines of hunting, it required a very technical and analytical approach to educate both my viewers and my opponent. And, that is not the say, that he wasn't very educational himself. In the end, it was neck and neck, but I clutched the victory by a single vote.

Challenge A Viner

Tournaments

Roleplaying Scenario Tournaments (Best Posts To Be Added Later)

Dane's Surprise Showdown: The Return

Erik's Battle Scenario: Capes

Lunacyde's Zombie Scenario: Battle By Fire

Lunacyde's Scenario: Gaslight: OOC

A Quote From A Previous Debater's HoF

@higorm

• fetts - Now here's another dude who should already be a HOFamer, especially if you take into consideration his accomplishments. Beyond the whole "must have" package of a true HOF member, this guys was one of the Star Wars "experts" with extensive knowledge on Boba Fett, he is one of the responsible for giving this character the respect he deserves which lead us to see him as a true badass. Aside from that, fetts was really good in scenario threads, he even won one of the most disputed of all, thanks to his knowledge and strategic prowess.

Bumping this yet again! Anybody wanna give this old timer a vote or two or three? :D

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Giving my final vote to @fetts. I can remember some of his debates from my time on the Vine and he has demonstrated a great deal of experience, passion and skill. As a CV vet, I feel obligated to pay respects to the older generation of CV debaters that aren't yet in the Hall of Fame.

Grekko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, there has a lot been going on these forums since i was gone.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: A great many thanks Lvenger! I am honored by the kind words.

No Caption Provided

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By owie  Moderator

Hi @king_hellstorm and @emperorthanos could we get an tally from you more official vote-counters to this point?

Here's my personal informal tally based on the new votes since the tally in post 274. Can I get a confirmation? Since this closes tomorrow I'm sure anyone with remaining votes will want to know where it all stands.

• Allstarsuperman - 3
  • Amendment50 - 1
  • ANTHP2000 - 4
  • Apex_Predator - 3
  • Arcus1 - 8
  • AsgardianBrony -4
  • Beaconofstrength - 3
  • BlackestNight93/Vertigo- 4
  • Blackpantherib
  • Blackspidey2099
  • BruceRogers -19
  • Buildhare
  • Chimeroid -16
  • Darthjhawk - 4
  • Deathhero61 - 4
  • Decaf_wizard 1
  • DedmanWalkin - 5
  • Dstreet45 -3
  • Fetts - 7
  • Foxerdes - 4
  • giliad_
  • God_Vulcan - 5
  • Gothamciti
  • Granitesoldier - 3
  • Just_Banter - 3
  • Justicethorpsylocke - 1
  • Keenko
  • Lubub55 - 5
  • Majinblackheart - 7
  • Mr_Ingenuity - 18
  • Mr-Luxcipher -1
  • Noone1996 - 1
  • Owie - 18
  • Pipxeroth -1
  • P00ty -2
  • PrimeZ0ne
  • RBT - 1
  • Sly_141
  • Shirso - 2
  • Supremegeneration - 1
  • Thedailybagel - 14
  • Thedarkpaladin - 5
  • The_Magister - 1
  • Thenewbluebeetle007 - 2
  • The_Red_Viper - 9
  • Thewatcherking -3
  • Thor_Parker82 - 4
  • Valor_175
  • Warlockmage/Kidman/Serrue -1
  • Wastelandman -2
  • Zemoftw
  • Zetsumoto - 16
emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@owie: will do one later today

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: Does the names in bold indicate they have already cleared the cutoff?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 owie  Moderator

@owie: will do one later today

Thanks

@shirso said:

@emperorthanos: Does the names in bold indicate they have already cleared the cutoff?

Yes, but that's my own informal tally and it can change depending on new votes.