This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
#201 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (21616 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Definitely. There was such a big and varied pool of gifted debaters. From GhostRavage, i_like_swords, MonsterStomp to Jokergeist, jashro44, laflux, Wolverine08, etc. Really great debaters, and we almost all got along.

#203 Posted by Darth_Wayne (3022 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Yeah, it really is. Not a surprise that debating is a joke to them considering the quality of debating currently.

It's true the current debates pale in comparison to the ones before the people voting for Wenjjun are actually old timers (most are 1 year+) so I doubt that is the problem.

#204 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (21616 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm funny people talk about standards or criteria for getting in the HoF. A number of people voted into the HoF either A. are/were not good debaters or B. Didn't even debate really at all.....

let people vote who they want to vote for. Isn't that the point of this all? If you can faceroll out a debate and have a ton of friends on here odds are you can get in........

Almost all of the HoF debaters are either highly influential or formidable (or both). Wenjun is not a good debater, does not uphold any of the good qualities we want to promote on Comic Vine as he was banned outright. You can vote for who you want to, but it's an insult to vote for Wenjun when he was either a troll or someone who vastly overestimated Batman. There are very few exceptions, such as CadenceV2 who was banned once. Other than that, Wenjun doesn't meet the requirements at all.

I don't even get why you're trying to reason this when it's clear you're all voting for Wenjun because it's a joke that Mystic user has with his Wenjun cult.

#205 Posted by lukespeedblitz (1609 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Influential is irrelevant. This is hall of fame based on debating. Wenjun is as good a debater as some of the people in here. People in this HoF overrate their favorites on the board all the time. Having a little bias towards a character isn't unusual. I think it's insulting that there are great debaters like GhostRavage in here and then you have people who spit out a wall of text that doesn't qualify as an argument and yet they're in the HoF.....

It's a popularity contest. There may be good intentions for some of the votes but at the end of the day..... that's what it is.

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
#206 Posted by Elijah_C_Washington (4618 posts) - - Show Bio

I, for the life of me, cannot even fathom why people voting for Chew is so upsetting to so many, but I stand by my vote nonetheless. If it isn't counted in the end, I don't want any of mine to.

#207 Posted by TheGhostKnight (1126 posts) - - Show Bio
#208 Posted by never give up (24994 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukespeedblitz said:

Hmm funny people talk about standards or criteria for getting in the HoF. A number of people voted into the HoF either A. are/were not good debaters or B. Didn't even debate really at all.....

let people vote who they want to vote for. Isn't that the point of this all? If you can faceroll out a debate and have a ton of friends on here odds are you can get in........

Almost all of the HoF debaters are either highly influential or formidable (or both). Wenjun is not a good debater, does not uphold any of the good qualities we want to promote on Comic Vine as he was banned outright. You can vote for who you want to, but it's an insult to vote for Wenjun when he was either a troll or someone who vastly overestimated Batman. There are very few exceptions, such as CadenceV2 who was banned once. Other than that, Wenjun doesn't meet the requirements at all.

I don't even get why you're trying to reason this when it's clear you're all voting for Wenjun because it's a joke that Mystic user has with his Wenjun cult.

Wasn't SFW banned like 4 times?

I, for the life of me, cannot even fathom why people voting for Chew is so upsetting to so many, but I stand by my vote nonetheless. If it isn't counted in the end, I don't want any of mine to.

I stand by this.

#209 Posted by TheGhostKnight (1126 posts) - - Show Bio

For all those complaining have you even read the rules?

Rules

1. Everyone can vote for only five of the nominees on the nominee list below. No complaints about the list will be accepted as it was made by the community in an open nomination process
  2. You cannot vote for someone twice
  3. You cannot vote for yourself, though campaigning is allowed
  4. Please base votes on the behaviors of the debaters listed and the talent they have shown in their debates
  5. No derogatory comments about other members choices
  6. Please try to provide a brief reason why you voted for the viner you have ( it might just eliminate the usual negative comments about the list/process/ etc.), though this is not a requirement for the vote to be counted
  7. Feel free to google the list of people on the nominee's list
  8. The voting round will run for a minimum of 5 days, so get to it!!
#210 Edited by lukespeedblitz (1609 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm a good point ^. This is supposed to be a democratic, impartial voting system. Nominate who you want to nominate and move on....

Also people keep mention wen trolling for some reason which isn't true. I recall citizenbane trolling people all the time and yet he made it to the HoF....

#211 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:
@lukespeedblitz said:

Wasn't SFW banned like 4 times?

@elijah_c_washington said:

I stand by this.

Yup, which is why I have no issue being kick out of the HOF. At all. Unlike Wenjun Chew, I kinda have some standards that I will hold myself too.

#212 Posted by Cream_God (15519 posts) - - Show Bio

Chew was the most impactful user in CV history even if the Vine refuses to acknowledge him.

#213 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm a good point ^. This is supposed to be a democratic, impartial voting system. Nominate who you want to nominate and move on....

Also people keep mention wen trolling for some reason which isn't true. I recall citizenbane trolling people all the time and yet he made it to the HoF....

He also should be kicked out. In fact I as well should be kicked out, so should EricTheRed aka Mahati.

All the people who **** up should be stricken.

#214 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Chew was the most impactful user in CV history even if the Vine refuses to acknowledge him.

Geist would be more impactful.

#215 Posted by hatemalingsia (15494 posts) - - Show Bio

For all those complaining have you even read the rules?

Rules

1. Everyone can vote for only five of the nominees on the nominee list below. No complaints about the list will be accepted as it was made by the community in an open nomination process
  2. You cannot vote for someone twice
  3. You cannot vote for yourself, though campaigning is allowed
  4. Please base votes on the behaviors of the debaters listed and the talent they have shown in their debates
  5. No derogatory comments about other members choices
  6. Please try to provide a brief reason why you voted for the viner you have ( it might just eliminate the usual negative comments about the list/process/ etc.), though this is not a requirement for the vote to be counted
  7. Feel free to google the list of people on the nominee's list
  8. The voting round will run for a minimum of 5 days, so get to it!!

People need to read this. Period.

#216 Posted by Cream_God (15519 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
#217 Posted by TheNaughtyTitan (10001 posts) - - Show Bio

@cgoodness said:

Geists were a bunch of circle jerking losers.

#218 Posted by OverLordArthas (2546 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz said:
@cgoodness said:

Hey!

#219 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz said:
@cgoodness said:

Yes, most, however some were good guys, and good debaters.

#220 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (21616 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Influential is irrelevant.

How is it irrelevant?

This is hall of fame based on debating. Wenjun is as good a debater as some of the people in here. People in this HoF overrate their favorites on the board all the time.

Even the overrated debaters in the HoF are still formidable in their own right. You'll be hard pressed to find a single debater in the Hall of Fame that doesn't at least have strengths in some areas in debating that also turn out to be influential (hint hint), or have multiple qualities in their debating that are legitimately well crafted.

Name me one debater that asserts or tries to argue for things as absurd as WenjunChew's.

Would any Hall of Fame debater argue that Batman can take on Odin by himself?

Would any Hall of Fame debater argue that Batman with merely ten years of prep could take on Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan, a galaxy level threat?

Would any Hall of Fame debater argue that Batman can take on Carnage, someone who trashes Spider-Man? And his arguments are dismantled by Juiceboks, another HoF debater no less.

Would any Hall of Fame debater argue that Damian Wayne with six days prep can take on Iron Man? Once again his arguments are dismantled by another HoF debater, Floopay, in this thread.

Would any Hall of Fame debater argue that animated Jackie Chan can take on Superman?

There are a plethora of completely flawed arguments that Wenjun has on this site in his mere 640 posts that not only illustrate his poor debating but also his huge bias for Batman, and a large bias is yet again not something the Hall of Fame promotes. You might want to read the OP again.

Contrary to what most may believe, the HOF is about more than just back patting and recognition. It's about endorsing the values we want to see more of on our forum.

Do you really want to endorse bias on the forums?

Having a little bias towards a character isn't unusual.

A "little" bias you say....

Here he argues that Batman beating Flash is not PIS and openly lowballs Flash as "barely hypersonic".

That's not only incredibly bias but absolutely ludicrous.

I think it's insulting that there are great debaters like GhostRavage in here and then you have people who spit out a wall of text that doesn't qualify as an argument and yet they're in the HoF.....

Then you should understand how I feel about Wenjun. He is not a good debater. What you have described is literally what Wenjun does. Jeez.

It's a popularity contest. There may be good intentions for some of the votes but at the end of the day..... that's what it is.

If that's all you think it is then you shouldn't be voting. There used to be a good amount of respect and honesty between the debaters and within the community. For example, God_Spawn straight up told me way back in Round 7 that me and Wolverine08 were some of the best debaters on the site, but not HoF material yet. While me and many other great debaters at the time disagreed, I still respected his criticism very much and it also helped me improve my own debating.

Now, it quite possibly may be a popularity contest, but it's the fault of users like you who enable it more than anything. You can't complain about the system if you just contribute to the same problem you're annoyed by.

#221 Posted by Strafe Prower (13013 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: I would love to be a part of it. Thanks for the invite!

#222 Posted by jashro44 (52498 posts) - - Show Bio
#223 Posted by hatemalingsia (15494 posts) - - Show Bio
#224 Posted by TheNaughtyTitan (10001 posts) - - Show Bio

I stand with chew, regardless of this tyranny.

#225 Posted by Elijah_C_Washington (4618 posts) - - Show Bio

You're asking for a massacre.

#226 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm so no democracy then? A broken popularity contest then.

You're asking for a massacre.

@thenaughtytitan said:

I stand with chew, regardless of this tyranny.

@hatemalingsia said:

I want an explanation. Why are you certain beyond doubt that it's a joke?

Here is the possible new standard, people who are jack assess and get banned for being such should not be in the HOF. This includes me as well, and I am getting worked on to get kicked out. If I can get myself kicked out for that standard, then no one can bitch about it. Period.

#227 Posted by lukespeedblitz (1609 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm so no democracy then? A broken popularity contest then.

#228 Edited by jashro44 (52498 posts) - - Show Bio

@hatemalingsia: The user is banned. We all know users talk about him Asa running gag. There is no need for me to humor this and if users want to continue derailing this thread with this I will start handing out bans.

#229 Posted by lukespeedblitz (1609 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm maybe the mods wouldn't be against wen if he payed his monthly protection fee like some other users on this site...

#230 Posted by jashro44 (52498 posts) - - Show Bio
#232 Posted by jashro44 (52498 posts) - - Show Bio
#233 Posted by Elijah_C_Washington (4618 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: @wyldsong: Like I said earlier, in light of this ruling I'd like all of my votes to be discredited. I don't mean to derail the thread or anything, just making a request.

#234 Edited by Fu-Dog007 (958 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't been on here in a LONG time, but here are my votes anyways :P

1. @joewell911- An awesome dude. One of the coolest guys on here imo.

2. @sovereign91001- How is this guy not on here already?! Seriously lol?

3. @joygirl- One of the first people I ever met on here, and she was pretty chill. She was always positive and really friendly too. Idk if she is active much on here anymore, but she still had the heart for this forum (she also may not have been that good of a debater, but she had the perfect attitude for it and was always positive from when I was on here last)

4. @tparks- And this guy isn't on here either?!?! Definitely a great debater, one of my favs from a long time ago lol.

5. @esquire- This guy definitely deserves to be in here. He is not only a great debater, but a nice person and entirely respectful. Definitely should have been in here long ago as well imo

#236 Edited by Wyldsong (9750 posts) - - Show Bio
#237 Edited by jashro44 (52498 posts) - - Show Bio

@hatemalingsia: Deleted your post and banned you for 3 days. I'm not humoring this.

#238 Posted by Elijah_C_Washington (4618 posts) - - Show Bio
#239 Posted by dondave (41752 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#240 Posted by NighThunder (7725 posts) - - Show Bio

Loll

#241 Posted by TheNaughtyTitan (10001 posts) - - Show Bio

:)

#242 Posted by OverLordArthas (2546 posts) - - Show Bio

My first time participating and its like this.

Since wen is no longer legible (I think he is), @wyldsong, pls replace him with @allstarsuperman which strangely I miss.

#243 Edited by Wyldsong (9750 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarthas: I will take care of it when I do my next tally, but I got you covered.

#244 Posted by OverLordArthas (2546 posts) - - Show Bio
#245 Posted by Wyldsong (9750 posts) - - Show Bio

I will be doing a new tally sometime tomorrow, so bear with me gang.

#246 Posted by Killerwasp (17370 posts) - - Show Bio
#247 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (21616 posts) - - Show Bio

@killerwasp: I think you definitely have the potential for HoF.

#250 Posted by Wut (6956 posts) - - Show Bio

The things you do for forum friends:

Vote for @killerwasp