This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Edited by Thedailybagel (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull is my only nomination. Should've been in there years ago in all honesty. He has knowledge, debating skill and a wonderful attitude on the vine in multiple areas of the community, not many people are more deserving than he is.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
#152 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (7308 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: should do a running count of the votes per user soon.

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
#153 Posted by TheNewBlueBeetle007 (4758 posts) - - Show Bio
#154 Posted by Cor_Tsar (4980 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait voting is over? I know he doesn't get on, but pope was imo one of the best debators on the site, and he was mad respectful.

#155 Edited by JediXMan (42724 posts) - - Show Bio
@cor_tsar said:

Wait voting is over? I know he doesn't get on, but pope was imo one of the best debators on the site, and he was mad respectful.

Voting's not over, but nominations is over.

Moderator Online
#156 Posted by Cor_Tsar (4980 posts) - - Show Bio
#157 Edited by hatemalingsia (15494 posts) - - Show Bio
#158 Posted by Arcus1 (27804 posts) - - Show Bio
#159 Posted by Owie (7184 posts) - - Show Bio
#160 Posted by hatemalingsia (15494 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1: No need to thank me. You got the vote for your accomplishment not anyone's endorsement. Good luck.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
#162 Edited by TheNaughtyTitan (10001 posts) - - Show Bio
#163 Posted by NighThunder (7725 posts) - - Show Bio

Per request I take back my vote for MysticMedivh.

In light of that, I replace it with a vote for @wenjunchew

#164 Posted by Anthony_Stark (1162 posts) - - Show Bio
#165 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16368 posts) - - Show Bio
#167 Posted by lukespeedblitz (1609 posts) - - Show Bio
#168 Edited by NighThunder (7725 posts) - - Show Bio
#169 Edited by hatemalingsia (15494 posts) - - Show Bio
#170 Posted by Wyldsong (9758 posts) - - Show Bio

Will get something up here in the next few hours. Need to start tallying votes and entering them into the spreadsheet.

#171 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (7308 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1: thanks for the mention, I appreciate it

no problem man. You are one of the "new blood" that I feel really deserve it (among a few other select few)

@wyldsong said:
@cosmicallyaware1 said:

Will get something up here in the next few hours. Need to start tallying votes and entering them into the spreadsheet.

word. If you need any help, just let me know brother!

#172 Edited by Vertigo- (17820 posts) - - Show Bio

After reviewing some things a little more, I decided I wish to recind all the votes I made. Apologies to those who I voted for.

@wyldsong

I feel I made my votes too hastily.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
#173 Posted by BeaconofStrength (12489 posts) - - Show Bio
#174 Edited by Wyldsong (9758 posts) - - Show Bio

Current tally as of post #172:

NomineesVotes

allstarsuperman*

ancient_0f_days*

arcus1

atheistknowledge

banthabot

brightsteel

bringit*

cable_extreme*

chimeroid

citizensentry*

claymore1998*

deathhero61

dedmanwalkin*

deranged_midget*

emperordmb

esquire*

fallschirmager

fetts*

granitesoldier*

heirtothekingdom*

jacthripper

joewell*

joygirl*

just_banter

killerwasp

kyrees*

laylah

monsterstomp*

mr_ingenuity

mudamudamuda

mysticmedivh

neongamewave*

nfactor1995

nighthunder

omgomgwtfwtf*

owie*

pope052*

princearagorn1*

pr0metheus

reaverlation

risingbean

roddy2010*

serrure*

sherlock*

sovereign91001*

spector_rand*

stormdriven

theacidskull*

thedaileybagel*

thenewbluebeetle007*

thor_parker82

tparks*

wenjunchew

wut

If you notice that you are missing any votes, please let me know what post numbers you received the votes in so I can re-verify the count.

#175 Posted by Wyldsong (9758 posts) - - Show Bio

@claymore1998: Don't change who you are for these forums. Whether you make it or not, people think enough of you and your knowledge that you are getting votes. Keep doing what you do my friend=)

Also, While the current runners of the HOF know this, it makes me extremely sad to know that some of my old school debate buddies will never make it in. :/

I know my friend, but I am thinking of a little side project in regards to this. You want in on the discussion? Being one of the "old guard", your input would be welcome.

After reviewing some things a little more, I decided I wish to recind all the votes I made. Apologies to those who I voted for.

@wyldsong

I feel I made my votes too hastily.

Gotcha covered.

#176 Posted by Wyldsong (9758 posts) - - Show Bio
#177 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36840 posts) - - Show Bio
#178 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16368 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: Should wenjunchew really be counted in this ?? I may be wrong, but to my understanding he was basically a joke to the entire site because he claimed things like Batman beating Flash and Galactus, and I hear all the time stuff like "Pray forgiveness to Chew for saying Batman doesn´t beat Thanos" and stuff like that, I feel like the votes he is getting are just for laughs and jokes, and I feel like a place for a Hall of Famer would be wasted if he gets in just for the sake of jokes and some laughs.

#179 Edited by Wyldsong (9758 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: I personally don't know anything about wenjunchew, but I have heard similar sentiments in other circles. That being said, I am basically impartial here in the nom and voting process. There are a few people that I feel should not be on the nominee list, and few people I feel shouldn't be getting votes, but it isn't my call to include or exclude. Being something voted on by the community, it is up to you guys to make that call on who gets in. Personally, no, I don't think anyone that isn't actually successfully debating should be on this list whatsoever, but as a facilitator, I am just recording the will of the people.

That being said, also being "will of the people", and considering the number of complaints I am hearing, I will look into a few things in regards to them.

#180 Posted by Vertigo- (17820 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: in terms of criteria, are we supposed looking at how someone performs in CaV's? (not talking about wins/loss) just general performance?

Or is there criteria at all?

#181 Posted by jashro44 (53101 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: in terms of criteria, are we supposed looking at how someone performs in CaV's? (not talking about wins/loss) just general performance?

Or is there criteria at all?

There is no criteria. Just who you feel made a positive impact on the forums.

#182 Posted by Vertigo- (17820 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: fair enough. Think I'll abstain then. Most of the posters who I think have made a huge impact are already in the HOF.

#183 Posted by emperorthanos- (16575 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: fair enough. Think I'll abstain then. Most of the posters who I think have made a huge impact are already in the HOF.

Don't think there are any new debaters good enough? Not challenging you or anything. You do read and vote on a lot of CaVs so you are petty knowledgeable on most debaters.

#184 Posted by Vertigo- (17820 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93 said:

Don't think there are any new debaters good enough? Not challenging you or anything. You do read and vote on a lot of CaVs so you are petty knowledgeable on most debaters.

It's not that they aren't good enough, it just that I haven't seen anyone nominated really give me that "wow factor". There have been posters which have made me say that, but they're all in the HOF already. Like I read through a higorm CaV recently and they blew my mind. That kind of thing.

#185 Posted by Arcus1 (27804 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong said:

@thor_parker82: I personally don't know anything about wenjunchew, but I have heard similar sentiments in other circles. That being said, I am basically impartial here in the nom and voting process. There are a few people that I feel should not be on the nominee list, and few people I feel shouldn't be getting votes, but it isn't my call to include or exclude. Being something voted on by the community, it is up to you guys to make that call on who gets in. Personally, no, I don't think anyone that isn't actually successfully debating should be on this list whatsoever, but as a facilitator, I am just recording the will of the people.

That being said, also being "will of the people", and considering the number of complaints I am hearing, I will look into a few things in regards to them.

Yeah, wenjunchew's basically just a joke. He was a Batman troll

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#186 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio
#187 Posted by Wyldsong (9758 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1: I am looking into the situation currently.

#188 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16368 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong said:

Yeah, I get what you´re saying, but at this point, I don´t think anyone will complain if you remove WenjunChew, because otherwise, judjging by the votes, he´s going to make it to the HOF and a spot will just be wasted, and not only that, but I also feel that people will look at the HOF and when they see WenjunChew in there, the HOF will instantly lose any credibility.

Like I said, people who are voting for him are just doing it for laughs, it´s like when people go into threads asking for neck feats, they don´t seriously mean it, it´s just a joke.

#189 Edited by Thedarkpaladin (22886 posts) - - Show Bio
#190 Posted by OverLordArthas (2558 posts) - - Show Bio
#191 Edited by cosmicallyaware1 (7308 posts) - - Show Bio

really all of you guys that vote for wenjunchew? really? REALLY??!!! Some of you I actually respected until NOW. why do you even participate in the serious aspect of the vine then? Do you just see all of this as a joke? Have some flippin respect for probably the first time in your life......

also...this "user" has not posted in nearly a year and only had like 640 forum posts. C'mon people.

#192 Posted by Darth_Wayne (3022 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, CA1 is right ya know. Wenjun shouldn't win HOF.

#193 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (7308 posts) - - Show Bio

thank you, I feel kinda strongly about it......clearly hahahaha

#194 Posted by Owie (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm voting for

@allstarsuperman

@bringnit

@tparks

@fetts

@omgomgwtfwtf

All succinct and clear, and being/having been useful, involved citizens of the battle forum.

There are a lot of people I respect on that list, and I could have voted for twice as many.

Going in another direction, I don't know who this WenjunChew guy was, but I hope people aren't just voting for someone as a joke.

#195 Posted by Owie (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess I'll flog myself for votes a bit: I don't do much in the way of tournaments or CAVs, which are the easiest way to make your debating record clear, but I've been around for some years now and I hope I've got a reputation for a fairly logical, even-handed, even-tempered style. I tend to be most involved in the Battle of the Week these days, and I've had my arguments featured in the "best arguments of the week" or whatever you want to call them TWENTY SIX times over the years, from when k4tzm4n ran it, up through Cadence and then jashro44's current run. I'm pretty sure there's no one else even close to that many featured arguments, although let me know if I'm wrong. I think that shows a pretty consistent record of being able to make good, clear arguments that stand out within a context that features many other strong debaters.

Plus, I'm closing in on 350 battles that I've made over the years (347 right now, including 24 of my bracket battles) making me--again, as far as I know--one of the most prolific battle makers on the site. As well as some pretty decent respect threads for characters like Elektra, various Grendels, and Lady Bullseye (updates on some of these, and Black Widow, coming soon). So I think I qualify as someone who's had some influence on the battles forum over time.

Anyway--vote for Owie!

#196 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@darth_wayne said:

thank you, I feel kinda strongly about it......clearly hahahaha

I agree, I may been a asshole myself, and if someone wish me out, fine, understandable, I fudge up I can live with that. At least even I tried to contribute to the site and be a debater. Wenjun Chew was a running gag for Batman trolling. How the hell is he allowed? Whats the purpose of this event if we allow him of all people in? Where is the basic standards?

We have standards for nominations, like must be on the site so long. So why is their no standards on someone who is famous for trolling and Batman jokes? I think some new standard needs to be a debater who actually debates.

@wyldsong, @jedixman, @jashro44 that needs to be rectify.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
#197 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (21616 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow guys! Real sick meme voting for WenjunChew! God I just love memes. Memes memes memes. It's such a funny meme.

Christ, this is why debating on Comic Vine is so mediocre if not downright asinine nowadays. You people have no standards. With people voting for Wenjun debating is quite literally a joke on here. Just have the actual deserved HoF debaters steamroll this new generation already.

SMH. Just SMH. I struggle to find the words to express my disappointment.

#198 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow guys! Real sick meme voting for WenjunChew! God I just love memes. Memes memes memes. It's such a funny meme.

Christ, this is why debating on Comic Vine is so mediocre if not downright asinine nowadays. You people have no standards. With people voting for Wenjun debating is quite literally a joke on here. Just have the actual deserved HoF debaters steamroll this new generation already.

SMH. Just SMH. I struggle to find the words to express my disappointment.

My mate, things are getting bad. This is a travesty.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
#199 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (21616 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Yeah, it really is. Not a surprise that debating is a joke to them considering the quality of debating currently.

#200 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Yeah, it really is. Not a surprise that debating is a joke to them considering the quality of debating currently.

Not like us old guard lol. Those were good times then.