This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by jashro44 (52449 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: @jashro44: I'm not even gonna bother attacking that point, honestly. I already did so in my previous comment.

As for you, Jashro: formatting. Bringit lacked that badly. Plus he didn't really impress me from what I've seen.

As I said he had bad formatting because he debated from his phone 85%. Likewise when the site changed so did the format of old posts. Like in his challenge a viner with god_spawn I remember he did bold and underlined what he was saying to make it easier to read. Really the fact that formatting is the one thing you've brought up tells me you got nothing.

#52 Edited by Wyldsong (9750 posts) - - Show Bio

@dboyrules2011 said:

@wyldsong: @jashro44: I'm not even gonna bother attacking that point, honestly. I already did so in my previous comment.

As for you, Jashro: formatting. Bringit lacked that badly. Plus he didn't really impress me from what I've seen.

There is nothing for you to attack, as what you posted is a nonfactor in the voting process, it is simply your opinion. If he didn't impress you, that is your opinion, and you have a right to it. Whether or not he is currently active has nothing to do with anything.

#53 Posted by Straight-Fire (27271 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: No matter what I say, you won't buy it anyways, so why bother?

Formatting is something very important, and is one of, if not the most important thing in terms of debating to me. Oh, you can't debate right on mobile in general, hence why people always use that "I'm on my mobile excuse."

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
#55 Posted by HeirToTheKingdom (9211 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Posted by comicace3 (12434 posts) - - Show Bio

Bringit gets my first vote

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
#57 Posted by HeirToTheKingdom (9211 posts) - - Show Bio
#58 Posted by Straight-Fire (27271 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: Call it an opinion all you want, but new debaters chances are far greater than someone older, especially someone who's not really debating anymore. Why do you think guys like Wolverine08 got in the hall of fame so fast?

Also, never did I say it was a rule, it's just something I observed after checking these threads out.

#59 Edited by Vertigo- (17730 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Edited by Wyldsong (9750 posts) - - Show Bio

@dboyrules2011: I can give you a few names that have made it that aren't new names, and plenty of us remember them. The old guard have still made their way into the HoF throughout the various rounds. And I call it an opinion, because that is what you have laid out.

#61 Posted by emperorthanos- (16380 posts) - - Show Bio
#62 Posted by JediXMan (42486 posts) - - Show Bio

Third vote goes to @bringnit

Still deciding on the last two.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aba78567e8b5
#63 Posted by deactivated-5aba78567e8b5 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell911: lmao i love how half of the reasons that you listed involved me in one way or another.

P.S. Vote for me because I'm awesomerer

#64 Posted by emperorthanos- (16380 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos said:

@joewell911: well you sold me. you got my vote. (Plus there is the debate we had that showed me how good you are) But it was mostly the campaign.

Thanks bae <3, you get this.

No Caption Provided

thanks looks great.

#65 Posted by jashro44 (52449 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: No matter what I say, you won't buy it anyways, so why bother?

You can stop replying whenever you want.

Formatting is something very important, and is one of, if not the most important thing in terms of debating to me. Oh, you can't debate right on mobile in general, hence why people always use that "I'm on my mobile excuse."

Formatting is just flash. I mean its better to format your posts the best you can but if you can't do it than its not hindrance if your a good enough debater (as long as your posts are readable). In which case Bringnit was due to the quality of what he said. Like these days most of the time debates involving prep go no where. People don't actually discuss what characters have done and how it can translate to the fight that is relevant to being discussed or how they act n character. Literally in all my years on the vine I've still never seen a thread where prep was discussed like that except the black panther vs spider-man thread I linked. Usually debates with prep just end with someone mentioning the person who has the most fire power without considering anything else (even I am guilty of this honestly).

Likewise he made that discussion work despite knowing little about T'challa and even admitting to not knowing a lot about black panther. He was just debating in that thread to learn about black panther, and he knew there is no shame in just learning. A lot of users will pretend to be an expert on characters that they clearly know little about. And the ones that don't usually just follow the leader because they don't want to be wrong. I think a lot of users can learn a lot from that alone.

I admit that formatting was not his strength but considering the reasons why his formatting wasn't the best (because he was limited to debating from a phone) I don't see why it should be held against him when he did everything else right.

#66 Posted by Joewell911 (14729 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell911: lmao i love how half of the reasons that you listed involved me in one way or another.

P.S. Vote for me because I'm awesomerer

Because you resonate well with my dankness.

Pfft, you haven't even beat me once :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5aba78567e8b5
#67 Posted by deactivated-5aba78567e8b5 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell911

Pfft you never faced me when I was using a Star Wars character bro. That's my home turf, that's my jam. Face me when im using Aurra Sing. That girl is the cause of fear among many debaters.

No Caption Provided

#68 Posted by jashro44 (52449 posts) - - Show Bio

Also I don't want any of the new generation debaters to get the wrong idea with my posts, but I am not saying you guys don't deserve to be acknowledged. I am just pushing bringnit more because I feel he deserves to make it in and due to the fact he is an older user who no longer posts I feel he needs the push. Plus to me I never felt like bringnit got the credit he deserved when he was around and his posts tended to get over looked so there is that. And while I do get the hall of fame is in part about encouraging the newer debaters I also feel it should be about taking a look at the older debaters and remembering them and what made them good.

Another older user who also needs a similar push is @esquire. Sadly I don't have as many debates with him so I can't push him the same way I can bringnit however I do have this thread:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/ultimate-green-goblin-vs-wolverine-1495376/?page=4

Scroll down to post 169. I do remember more quality stuff from him however this is the only thing that comes to mind at the moment. I'll need to dig up on him as well.

And yea my second vote goes to Esquire.

#69 Edited by RisingBean (9797 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Posted by Wyldsong (9750 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going to drop two votes right now, and I will hold off on my last three as I consider my options...

@bringnit -- Long overdue and should have been inducted into the hall long before me.

@claymore1998: Great debater, and personally, I think she has what it takes to be a member.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#71 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43150 posts) - - Show Bio

My votes.

cable_extreme*

joewell*

owie*

spector_rand*

tparks*

Sorry noobs, but all these guys should have made it in.

#72 Posted by WastelandMan (8800 posts) - - Show Bio
#73 Posted by never give up (24994 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Posted by Wyldsong (9750 posts) - - Show Bio
#76 Edited by never give up (24994 posts) - - Show Bio
#77 Posted by DeathHero61 (18772 posts) - - Show Bio

Should i post some of my CAVs like Joewell did?

#78 Posted by Wyldsong (9750 posts) - - Show Bio

@never_give_up: Sorry, thought you saw my follow up post. I did a full recount and found that he was lacking the third nomination to make the list. I am at work currently, so there was a bit of confusion on my end with re-verifying that.

#79 Posted by Joewell911 (14729 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: Ey b0ss. Means a lot coming from such an experienced Viner. Thanks!

No Caption Provided

Obligatory voter cookie.

@joewell911

Pfft you never faced me when I was using a Star Wars character bro. That's my home turf, that's my jam. Face me when im using Aurra Sing. That girl is the cause of fear among many debaters.

What level she at and what can she do? I'll take her if she's street.

#80 Edited by never give up (24994 posts) - - Show Bio
#81 Posted by Wyldsong (9750 posts) - - Show Bio

Should i post some of my CAVs like Joewell did?

Up to you. You are allowed to campaign and make a case for yourself.

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
#82 Posted by TheNewBlueBeetle007 (4758 posts) - - Show Bio

Bringnit, Arcus, Dedman, Esquire, Sovereign

#83 Posted by Wyldsong (9750 posts) - - Show Bio

FYI: I will tally up a current vote by tomorrow evening. The voting will run for a total of 7 days.

#84 Posted by Stormdriven (17886 posts) - - Show Bio
#85 Posted by MysticMedivh (32250 posts) - - Show Bio
#86 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough choices this time around, here is what I am going with.

@chimeroid is really active, and shown much skill in debates with the multiple tourneys going on.

@esquire will always hold a place in my heart, and the guy was a worthy foe, and good friend few years back when he debated often. Always polite, and always made thoughtful arguments. Tons of wins from CaVs, and Tourneys under his belt.

@heirtothekingdom has been very active past few years, and earn my respect from the debates I had with him.

@mr_ingenuity is not in the HoF yet? Thats a crime. Great debater, and won multiple CaVs, and Tourneys since he showed up on scene many years backs. He also still active, and still helps others in the battle forums.

@tparks is an Indie comic/media lover like myself. With me being the best, and Wyld second, only Tparks can come in for sure at third ;). Still, not many people have the balls to debate outside popular DC, Marvel, or Manga and come off with much respect like old Tparks can.

#88 Edited by Killerwasp (17362 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: Wait did we just restart on the votes and stuff? Also why am I not included D:

#89 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6378 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm throwing my vote in for Thor_Parker82.

#90 Posted by Killerwasp (17362 posts) - - Show Bio
#91 Posted by MErulezall (3685 posts) - - Show Bio
#92 Posted by Chimeroid (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: Thanks man, means a lot. Will win your new tourney for you :*

Tough choices this time around, here is what I am going with.

@chimeroid is really active, and shown much skill in debates with the multiple tourneys going on.

Close the voting, Cadence has spoken.

You do me honor, sir.

#93 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio
#94 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be voting for

1. @heirtothekingdom - He's been around for quite some time over several different accounts and has contributed a great deal to the battle boards. He's consistently debating in tourneys and CAVs and although he does meet his match against other previous HOFers, he's also proven good enough to be included in this rank.
  2. @owie - I've been impressed by Owie's contributions to the BOW threads both when they were CV articles and community run. His argument formatting is distinctive, he takes a balanced look on subjects and he brings expertise to areas not everyone is knowledgeable on.
  3. @sovereign91001 - Been a fan of this guy's debating style for some time, he's definitely good enough to make it into the HOF IMO.
  4. @pope052 - I'll second what @nighthunder said about Pope, he did hold his own very well against me in our infamous Superman vs Goku debate and made it one of the most read and voted upon CAVs in the history of CAVs on the battle boards. And Pope can argue feats and showings of manga characters like DBZ well without using calculations.
  5. @bringnit - I'm already familiar with bringnit from previous HOF nominations for him and as Jash said, the HOF is about representing the positive values of the battle boards. Bringnit did that according to Jash and he was a fine debater too.
#95 Posted by Killerwasp (17362 posts) - - Show Bio
#96 Edited by Wyldsong (9750 posts) - - Show Bio

@merulezall: @killerwasp: It takes 3 nominations to get on the list, and neither of you reached that for this round of the Hall of Fame. Also remember we went to a new ruling (community voted on it a few rounds back) that you pretty much have two goes on the nominee list before getting bumped and needing to be nominated again. @killerwasp, you fell off the list with a few others, so you would have to nominated again like many others.

#97 Posted by Killerwasp (17362 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: I had 3 nons - wut, storm, and mera lol

#98 Edited by Wyldsong (9750 posts) - - Show Bio

@killerwasp said:

@wyldsong: Wait did we just restart on the votes and stuff?

As for this, what I had up before was the nomination to get new nominees on the official list. This is the actual voting round to vote on the nominees that made the list to get into the Hall of Fame.

#99 Posted by Killerwasp (17362 posts) - - Show Bio
#100 Posted by Wyldsong (9750 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: I had 3 nons - wut, storm, and mera lol

Tell me the post numbers, and if I missed it, I will get it corrected.