• 118 results
Hal-El

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hal-El

Ok so this is my first time posting so try to forgive any mistakes.

I know that Hal vs Clark has been done a lot of times, but they're all years old and not as relevant anymore with like a million pages half of which are unrelated to the actual fight. I really want to gage how powerful people believe current Hal and Clark are because both of them have changed a lot recently.

1.This is rebirth Supes not new 52.

This is current Hal wielding the ring he forged from his own will.

2. Just for fun I'm also going to throw in Renegade Hal(with Krona's Gauntlet) vs Clark

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal wins, this version is a planet buster and made short work of a parallax powered sinestro

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hal wins, this version is a planet buster and made short work of a parallax powered sinestro

you do remember that also caused him to die as well, right?

FearSinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194 said:

you do remember that also caused him to die as well, right?

This. not to mention it was an immense high end feat from Hal.

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FireStarLord73194

@blackestnight93: Yeah took him to the emerald zone, though he was told he doesn't belong there so I think he woulda returned to the land of the living eventually anyway. Regardless hal has shown more impressive feats thus far. This is the same guy who held back an army of Kryptonians with a forcefield during the Rao storyline

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194: I doubt he would have returned on his own, hence why they needed Kyle's help. All the same, I haven't read the Rao storyline, as I'm not a Superman reader (I assume it's, a superman story due to the name). Got scans?

FearSinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackestnight93: Yeah took him to the emerald zone, though he was told he doesn't belong there so I think he woulda returned to the land of the living eventually anyway. Regardless hal has shown more impressive feats thus far. This is the same guy who held back an army of Kryptonians with a forcefield during the Rao storyline

That was a Pre-Flashpoint story.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Not too sure. Hal's showing in Rebirth have been few. His best feat resulted in his own death and I doubt he can do that again. Stalemating Sinestro with Parrallax while impressive isn't really much of a feat as Sinestro hasn't done too much with Parrallax. While Rebirth Superman is also not as strong as he really should be considering he is pre 52 superman. But that 4000+ punch is very impressive and someone told me he got a good durability feat recently in justice league. Where he tanked several powerful blasts.

Krona's gauntlet Hal on the other hand should win fairly comfortably.

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fearsinestro: the one I'm referring to is not pre flashpoint, it was a 2016 story in JLA written by Bryan Hitch. The very same version of Hal we are referring to. I think it was a late new 52 story

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal-El

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the last few years Hal's feats have been insane. He blew a hole through Krona(probably the most powerful Guardian) wielding all of the power rings. Caught and lifted the entire city of new genesis which was in free fall, with a little help from saint walker. When he had the gauntlet he defeated and scared off the original parallax. He casually took on and beat the entire sinestro corps on war world where all their powers were way amped. He then bested a Parallax infused Sinestro, who had turned off all safe guards on his ring and basically had the entire yellow power battery and fear engine at his disposal. He then detonated and blew the entire war world and sinestro to hell... although killing himself a little in the process XD.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@firestarlord73194 said:

@blackestnight93: it was in JLA written by Bryan Hitch. I can post scans later

Sure thing

Feat is not as impressive as it sounds. Hal did this on Krypton around 250,000 years back in time. On Krypton, kryptonians are basically as powerful as regular humans as Krypton doesn't have a yellow sun to grant special abilities.. And since it was so many years ago they had no technology and were attacking him with spears and swords.

It's about as impressive as Hal blasting back a bunch of Roman soldier.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackestnight93 said:
@firestarlord73194 said:

@blackestnight93: it was in JLA written by Bryan Hitch. I can post scans later

Sure thing

Feat is not as impressive as it sounds. Hal did this on Krypton around 250,000 years back in time. On Krypton, kryptonians are basically as powerful as regular humans as Krypton doesn't have a yellow sun to grant special abilities.. And since it was so many years ago they had no technology and were attacking him with spears and swords.

that is...a significant letdown

Hal-El

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: I kind of feel like this Superman is holding back a lot especially when he's around jon. Also do you think the whole merging with new 52 superman in SM Reborn has made him stronger because in Lois and Clark there was something about him being weaker because he was older?

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@hal-el said:

@emperorthanos: I kind of feel like this Superman is holding back a lot especially when he's around jon. Also do you think the whole merging with new 52 superman in SM Reborn has made him stronger because in Lois and Clark there was something about him being weaker because he was older?

I mean there are somethings you can't hold back. Like him struggling with being near the Earth's core can't be due to holding back. And he was clearly going all out against doomsday. Merging with New 52 Superman shouldn't change much unless it means their abilities have now been stacked.

Hal-El

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: I wasn't too bothered by the whole earth's core thing when I thought about it. At first I was a bit like if he's able to be near/inside the sun he should be able to handle that, but the thing is he draws power from the sun. And if superman is hurt by punches from other kryptonian level beings or heat vision etc then surely the heat and pressure at the center of the earth would be equal or greater than that and able to hurt him significantly over time. And if Superman is fighting Doomsday he should always have to go all out to survive. I could be wrong but did Clark say something about Doomsday feeling like he'd gotten stronger?

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

@blackestnight93 said:
@emperorthanos said:
@blackestnight93 said:
@firestarlord73194 said:

@blackestnight93: it was in JLA written by Bryan Hitch. I can post scans latert

Sure thing

that is...a significant letdown

actually I think I messed up on that. He might be referring to the second feat. Where Krypton got transported back to the present near the Earth's sun

The reason I didn't think about that was because Hal only temporarily restrained them and they all broke his shield quickly. However I guess even holding them back for a couple of seconds is impressive.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@hal-el said:

@emperorthanos: I wasn't too bothered by the whole earth's core thing when I thought about it. At first I was a bit like if he's able to be near/inside the sun he should be able to handle that, but the thing is he draws power from the sun. And if superman is hurt by punches from other kryptonian level beings or heat vision etc then surely the heat and pressure at the center of the earth would be equal or greater than that and able to hurt him significantly over time. And if Superman is fighting Doomsday he should always have to go all out to survive. I could be wrong but did Clark say something about Doomsday feeling like he'd gotten stronger?

New 52 Superman was able to survive being near the core without difficulty. And he is inferior to Pre 52 Superman. Rebirth Superman should not have difficulty with it. Yeah Doomsday had gotten stronger but we do not compared to which version. That fight was actually a good showing for Rebirth Superman.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Superman

Hal-El

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: Oh yeah actually he fought wraith pretty close to the earth's core, forgot that. yeah I suppose it's a weak showing in comparison to N52 superman but I didn't mind it too much it kind of made sense. I do still feel like this we haven't seen much of the upper limits of this superman. His fight with Swamp thing was pretty cool. Definitely the best writing for supes for some time.

Hal-El

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hal-El

And I think he was comparing him to his original fight with Doomsday when he died.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@hal-el: Yeah I guess we will see more of what he can do. And the writing for him now is really great as well. There just isn't much feat wise for him.

Hal-El

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: So who do you think wins the fight? I made it because imo they're probably the two most powerful heroes around at the moment so want to see how they stack up to each other.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@hal-el said:

@emperorthanos: So who do you think wins the fight? I made it because imo they're probably the two most powerful heroes around at the moment so want to see how they stack up to each other.

As of right now I would stick with Hal for both rounds. Round 1 is a lot closer.

MightyKalEl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not too sure. Hal's showing in Rebirth have been few. His best feat resulted in his own death and I doubt he can do that again. Stalemating Sinestro with Parrallax while impressive isn't really much of a feat as Sinestro hasn't done too much with Parrallax. While Rebirth Superman is also not as strong as he really should be considering he is pre 52 superman. But that 4000+ punch is very impressive and someone told me he got a good durability feat recently in justice league. Where he tanked several powerful blasts.

Rebirth Superman recently tanked a blast from a watcher named Molly [Justice League 19]. Said blast had the combined powers of Speed Force, magic of gods, color, light etc.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@emperorthanos said:

Rebirth Superman recently tanked a blast from a watcher named Molly [Justice League 19]. Said blast had the combined powers of Speed Force, magic of gods, color, light etc.

Yeah that's what Lvenger said. I haven't read it myself.

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: yes sir I remember the Kryptonians being empowered and it was actually sort of impressive because Hal was having a conversation with some of the other league members while he was doing it. Trying to find the scan

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@emperorthanos: yes sir I remember the Kryptonians being empowered and it was actually sort of impressive because Hal was having a conversation with some of the other league members while he was doing it. Trying to find the scan

Yeah I got you. Justice League of America Vol 4 Issue 10. Like I said it was temporarily but I suppose it is still impressive.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Either way it isn't applicable here. I'm pretty sure we are only taking into account Rebirth feats. And this was pre rebirth.

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: thank you very much. Anyways it is a New 52 feat BUT in continuity this is the same Hal, nothing has negatively changed with his abilities since rebirth started, and the fact he busted a planet (albeit dying in the process) I'm just trying to prove his power output and construct durability are very high.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@emperorthanos: thank you very much. Anyways it is a New 52 feat BUT in continuity this is the same Hal, nothing has negatively changed with his abilities since rebirth started, and the fact he busted a planet (albeit dying in the process) I'm just trying to prove his power output and construct durability are very high.

Actually Hal's continuity hasn't changed since they day his character was introduced. Continuity wise Pre Crisis, Post Crisis, Psot Flashpoint and rebirth Hal are all the same.

But he has gradually gotten weaker each timer just like everyone else. However Rebirth seems be bringing him back up to his Pre Flashpoint levels.

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: well even better then. IIRC in his battle with sinestro it was stated on panel that Sinestro had 2,000 times power due to having parallaxs power and Hal was matching him blow for blow. Not sure if his levels have calmed down since then (or after Kyle resurrected him) don't think Hal has really done much since then for us to know but he supposed to be like becoming a living construct now. And if Sinestro really was 2,000x stronger in that fight then Hal>>>>>>>>Supes.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Vertigo-
@firestarlord73194 said:

@emperorthanos: well even better then. IIRC in his battle with sinestro it was stated on panel that Sinestro had 2,000 times power due to having parallaxs power and Hal was matching him blow for blow. Not sure if his levels have calmed down since then (or after Kyle resurrected him) don't think Hal has really done much since then for us to know but he supposed to be like becoming a living construct now. And if Sinestro really was 2,000x stronger in that fight then Hal>>>>>>>>Supes.

It was 1000%.

Hal Jordan & The GLC issue 7
Hal Jordan & The GLC issue 7

And Hal was getting his but kicked for the most of it if you ask me

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vertigo-

@emperorthanos: Rebirth Superman is the same as Post-Crisis Superman, right?

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

@blackestnight93: yes. Well as of now he is both new 52 and pre 52 Superman in one.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Vertigo-

@blackestnight93: yes. Well as of now he is both new 52 and pre 52 Superman in one.

Huh, suppose I got something to look forward to. Finally decided to jump on the Superman bandwagon. Picked up the 1980's MOS series to start reading post-crisis Superman. Although how'd that whole deal come about? I don't mind the spoilers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@blackestnight93: Not sure exactly I haven't been keeping up to date with it. Just what I have read on vine.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Stefano

Going by feats from rebirth Hal should stomp. He matched a 1000% powered up Sinestro. Anyone who reads Green Lanterns comics knows just how powerful Sinestro is. So being able to match Sinestro with parallax and powered by the fear machine puts Hal above Superman.

Not to machine in rebirth Hal should also be faster than Clark since he can go so fast that he was causing a speed force singularity.

BabyDarkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

supes

Costy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal wins.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it came down to it, I'd put my money on Superman.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

Hal stomps.

Rebirth Supes ain't tankin planetbusting force from Hal, especially when it nearly killed Parallax Sinestro amped by Fear Engine, nor can Supes evade a blitz from Hal, the guy broke freaking Speed Force barrier and was gonna create SF singularity.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@costy21 said:

@stefano: sadly, this

whe sadly? Just asking.

I think its great Hal is finally getting some respect

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probably still Superman. However idk why rebirth supes holding back as hell. Kinda pisses me of at times.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hal, much better showings.

He should take this mid-low difficulty.

Costy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points