• 55 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#1 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Composite feats for Hal (Post Crisis and onwards)
  • Everyone is 616
  • Standard Gear
  • In Character
  • Fight takes place on an indestructible planet

The combatants.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

#2 Edited by EmperorThanos- (14792 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 7 most likely. 4 can give him issues

#3 Posted by silverplatinum (443 posts) - - Show Bio

3 and 4 will give him a hard time. He stops at 6. With luck, 7.

#4 Posted by Lord_Spectrum (4244 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 4.

#5 Posted by comic_book_fan (9927 posts) - - Show Bio

stops at 3

#6 Posted by APEX_pretador (18634 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by KrleAvenger (25501 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrecks everyone from round 1-3 (why is Hyperion above Gladiator). He could beat them all at the same time. Beats Bill and Thor, wrecks the Sentry, overwhelms the Hulk eventually (unless it is World Breaker) and loses to Silver Surfer.

#8 Posted by cdiddyman911 (5394 posts) - - Show Bio

Could stop at 4, definently stops at 7 and 8.

#9 Posted by Lvenger (35480 posts) - - Show Bio

Rounds 1 and 3 should be switched around. Hal could stop at 7 and isn't making it past 8 for sure.

#10 Posted by KanyeCosby (5087 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 8

#11 Posted by SuperGoku17 (6567 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 2 or 4

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#12 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4152 posts) - - Show Bio

Could stop at 4, 5 or 6

Doesn’t get past 7-8

#13 Posted by DFTATM (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 4.

#14 Posted by TheBeardOfZues (2514 posts) - - Show Bio

3-4

#15 Posted by ODIN619360 (2594 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: I agree with your 1st 1 to 6. But I cannot see him overwhelming WW Hulk in Character. What made you come to this conclusion? For me he could stop at 5 or 6. Hard stop at 7.

#16 Posted by Worldofthunder (4597 posts) - - Show Bio

#17 Posted by KrleAvenger (25501 posts) - - Show Bio

@odin619360:He does have versatility and firepower to take the Hulk down. Although my statement was more of a subjective type of claim, because to be honest, it can go either way. I would just give Hal a majority.

#18 Edited by ODIN619360 (2594 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: would you say he is the most powerful of the Green Lantern corps?

If yes, then I can definitely see him taking WW Hulk down. And yeah he is more versatile, I just see Huks durability and striking power giving Half a problem. IMO.

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#19 Posted by _KingofLatveria (15949 posts) - - Show Bio

could stop at 4. Most likely stops at 5. Dead stop at Sentry who is above WWH fight me

#20 Edited by KrleAvenger (25501 posts) - - Show Bio

@odin619360: If it was World Breaker Hulk, Hal would definitely lose. However, since this is just regular Green Scar, I could definitely see Hal winning. Hulk is way harder to put down and has better striking power, but Hal has other advantages. Although it's not something I would argue over because it's by subjective opinion only (unless it is a CaV). As for your question, not at all. Kyle arguably has better feats, at least under Ron Marz's run, until he was nerfed Post-Green Lantern Rebirth. Alan Scott would ragdoll Hal with ease, and would beat him without much effort even without being at his full power, when Starheart is in control.

#21 Posted by ODIN619360 (2594 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: HMm, CAV you say. You intrigue me my you apprentice. Mwhahaha.

#22 Posted by Kevd4wg (7207 posts) - - Show Bio

could stop at 4. Most likely stops at 5. Dead stop at Sentry who is above WWH fight me

Sentry like lost to WWH

stops at WWH

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
#23 Edited by ProteusXManRxis (4445 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: Not really, they both fought each other until they reverted back to their human forms. It's more of a stalemate.

#25 Posted by _KingofLatveria (15949 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:
@_kingoflatveria said:

Sentry like lost to WWH

stops at WWH

Sentry was not stable in their encounter also it was a stalemate.

#26 Posted by Mutant1230 (5114 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by KrleAvenger (25501 posts) - - Show Bio

@odin619360: I don't really have a lot of interest using Hal in a CaV right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
#28 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:
@_kingoflatveria said:

Sentry like lost to WWH

stops at WWH

Pretty sure the whole "stable" bs has been thrown out the window. Hulk got back up, and Sentry didn't iirc, so that's not really a stalemate.

#29 Posted by BeastMonster (524 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't really stand much of a chance against anyone besides hulk, gladiator, jane thor, and possibly hyperion. With regards to jane thor it depends on how she fights. Obviously if they go head to head jane would lose badly. If jane sits back and lets mjolnir smack hal around, drain him, or vaporize him with lightning, which she can all do in character, than she obviously wins. Hal can beat jane but he can't beat mjolnir. He gets pretty much stomped by beta ray bill, silver surfer, thor, and sentry. Also the correct order imo would be jane thor, gladiator or wwh, then hyperion, then sentry, then surfer or bill then thor. Thor was built to be stronger than hulk and more powerful than surfer. And hickmans hyperion was built to be above hulk also.

#30 Posted by Strike3 (436 posts) - - Show Bio

@all-father:

Could stop at 1 because her living storm hammer is capable of weirdness, and protective, I'll say 4. The hammers can easily siphon/absorb projected energy.

#31 Posted by _KingofLatveria (15949 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria said:
@kevd4wg said:
@_kingoflatveria said:

Sentry like lost to WWH

stops at WWH

Pretty sure the whole "stable" bs has been thrown out the window. Hulk got back up, and Sentry didn't iirc, so that's not really a stalemate.

how exactly has it been thrown out the window. Sentry wanted to lose the fight and he was most def out of character for being stable. Hulk reverted back into Banner as well. Also like the Doomsday vs Superman fight Sentry entirely relied on brute strenght during their fight when he has so many other abilities

#32 Posted by Darksercate (813 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion should be below gladiator and Jane.

Gladiator could give Hal trouble, look at glads fights with Quasar. However, I would still give Hal a slight majority.

He most likely stops at 4. Bill is a beast, I don't see hal's constructs stopping him and his durability would stand up to hal's damage output.

#33 Edited by Grekko (130 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria said:
@jardinain2 said:
@_kingoflatveria said:
@kevd4wg said:
@_kingoflatveria said:

Sentry like lost to WWH

stops at WWH

how exactly has it been thrown out the window. Sentry wanted to lose the fight and he was most def out of character for being stable. Hulk reverted back into Banner as well. Also like the Doomsday vs Superman fight Sentry entirely relied on brute strenght during their fight when he has so many other abilities

Because Sentry found his composure in time for the fight, he wanted to lose but he literally couldn't stop himself. They both reverted back and Banner KO'd Bob and then seconds later Banner Hulked out into an even more powerful Hulk. Not just brute strength but energy projection and there was plenty of it. In fact after the fight was over the city was still burning for 3 days straight because of Sentry's fire.

I don't think Sentry is as powerful as ppl think, he is probably below Thor or at Thors level to be honest.

#34 Posted by jay_z94 (6663 posts) - - Show Bio

@beastmonster: Thor was originally built to be above Hulk, but he's had an upgrade since then and WWH is even more powerful.

How was Hickman's Hyperion built to be above Hulk when Hickman himself said that Hulk is stronger?

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#35 Posted by blackpantherisb (5507 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of order, but stops at either Beta Ray Bill, or WWH.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
#36 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 7-8.

#37 Posted by Charan_ (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 8.

#38 Posted by Jmarshmallow (12906 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of order, Sentry is the strongest contender here, if Stable.

And if Stable, stops at him.

If not, could stop at Surfer, but probably not because Surfer is a jobber.

He beats everyone else.

#39 Posted by BeastMonster (524 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94 said:

@beastmonster: Thor was originally built to be above Hulk, but he's had an upgrade since then and WWH is even more powerful.

How was Hickman's Hyperion built to be above Hulk when Hickman himself said that Hulk is stronger?

The amp hulk got was never enough obviously, since thor KOed an amped green scar. WWH is the same hulk who got amped, he is just angrier. WWH got koed by hercules so again, the amp is not enough as you are implying. Being amped does not matter if the amp wasn't enough of a boost. Thor already matched savage hulks strength for a few hours despite hulk continuously getting angrier and stronger for that entire time. So thor was clearly stronger than hulk. Chulk had trouble with a weakened odinson and could have been killed by one swipe of odinsons axe.

For starters, hickman never said hulk is stronger. Someone asked hickman who the strongest avenger was, and hickman responded "isn't it locked in that hulk is the strongest, full stop". Moreover, strength is totally different from over all power output, durability, speed, versatility, etc. So your argument doesn't make sense here.

Hickman literally had hyperion KO the hulk once hulk was less enraged and abyss' mind control wore off.

If you're arguing that hyperion didn't KO the hulk there, that is akin to arguing that the hulk can be killed as long as someone kills or Koes banner in his sleep. Either way that hyperion fight is a bad showing for hulk no matter how you put it. People talk about abyss mind control wearing off and how hulk was going to revert to banner, but the fact of the matter is if you hurt banner at all he hulks out, and if you hit hulk he stays hulked out. It's literally how his powerset works. The fact that hyperion punched hulk, yet hulk failed to stay hulked out and instead knocked out and reverted to banner, means that hyperion overwhelmed the hulk.

You're free to argue that hyperions punch supposedly didn't do anything and that hulk just reverted to banner because he "was going to anyway". But then that would mean you're arguing that the hulk can be defeated/killed as long as you attack banner. Which would technically mean any average human with a gun can kill banner, or someone with a blade could kill him etc. I don't think that is the case. Generally if you punch or hurt banner, he hulks out as a survival instinct. If he doesn't hulk out or stay hulked out it would be because the attack was powerful enough to overwhelm the hulk.

#40 Posted by titing2101 (1125 posts) - - Show Bio

stop at bill

#41 Posted by jay_z94 (6663 posts) - - Show Bio

@beastmonster: Hickman has outright admitted Hulk is stronger than his Hyperion. That's a fact.

I'm really not sure how you can interpret this any other way. The guy asking the question even asks whether it's Hyperion.

#42 Posted by Yuber (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 2.

No chance against 3.

#43 Posted by Mr_Bavadin (373 posts) - - Show Bio

stops at 3

No Caption Provided

Hyperion shouldn't even be above Gladiator to be honest. His striking feats are pathetic,and his lifting feats aren't helping him whatsoever.

OT: HJ should stop at either 4 or 5.

#44 Posted by Gallerymadness (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 4 or 5.

#45 Posted by Warlockmage (7299 posts) - - Show Bio

stops hard at 8

#46 Posted by Red_Leader (653 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk stomps HARD

passes 4 with high diff.

close fight could go either way at 5

don't know much about 6

no way is getting past 8

#47 Posted by BeastMonster (524 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94 said:

@beastmonster: Hickman has outright admitted Hulk is stronger than his Hyperion. That's a fact.

I'm really not sure how you can interpret this any other way. The guy asking the question even asks whether it's Hyperion.

Note hickmans answer. If he wanted to say hulk is the strongest he would have said so. Rather he just said "isn't it locked in that hulk is the strongest full stop". Which is simply him saying that he thought hulk was always meant to be or locked in as the strongest avenger. He wasn't giving his personal opinion on who he wants to be stronger. You do realize hickman said that thor is the most powerful, hulk is the strongest, but hyperion is the 'biggest ass kicker'? Moreover, the fact that he gave hyperion some of his better feats and had him beat the hulk says enough about who he thinks is superior of the two. You're kind of arguing semantics here because even if you take hickmans statement there as literal, it is literally only talking about strength. Strength is not striking power, is not durability, is not overall power output, or who would win in a fight. The fact of the matter is hyperion punched the hulk and hulk failed to stay hulked out as he should have in response to the punch, which means hyperion overwhelmed hulk. The abyss mind control only comes into play because abyss' mind control was making the hulk enraged and bloodlusted. If it's an enraged/mind controlled hulk as it was in the beginning of the fight, hyperion still had the upper hand but hulk was tougher to put down. But the fact that hyperion overwhelmed him with a punch once the mind control wore off shows hyperion is demonstratively superior to savage hulk in a calm or regular, non enraged state. Which isn't necessarily a bad showing considering hulk has been knocked out by colossus and ironman before when he wasn't enraged. The fact he had hyperion towering over banner ready to throw another punch shows hyperion as the victor there as well.

And if you're arguing hulk only reverted to banner due to abyss losing mind control, that would mean banner can be killed as long as you kill him when he isn't hulked out. Which doesn't really make sense. Hickman stating hulk is the strongest doesn't mean he's saying hulk is more powerful, more durable or would win in a fight. The fact that he considers hulk the strongest, thor the most powerful, with hyperion being the 'biggest asskicker', along with hyperion winning that fight confirms where he places hyperion. You can consider hulk stronger than superman or hyperion if you want to but that doesn't change the fact that those guys have every other advantage over hulk apart from healing factor and would still beat him in a fight. hyperion at least under hickman still has a higher level of durability than hulk does.

#48 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
#49 Edited by Simon_the_digger (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 8

Avatar image for savage_salience
#50 Posted by Savage_Salience (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 2.