• 86 results
RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RingSlinger

Lets see if i can salvage my previous battle idea and make it a little more balanced!

No Caption Provided

VS

RULES:

NO BFR

NO Calling For Outside Help

Surfer & Thor are CURRENT versions

Hal is Pre-DCnU

Manhunter is Pre-DCnU

SET-UP:

Hal will not need to recharge for this battle. (He will stay fully charged for duration of the fight)

Random encounter.

Fight takes place in space.

Who wins and why??

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By clemj

to me... GL will lose against surfer and MM will lose against thor... all those after epic fights

XMen1963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By XMen1963

If its SA Hal Jordan team 2 wins. If not team 1 wins.

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RingSlinger

You dont think Manhunters TP will have an effect on Thor? I think surfer has protection from this right? Is the intangibility a factor?

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By czarny_samael666

Team 2. 
Surfer will block Martian's TP, so they will have to fight against each other. Surfer wins.
Thor vs. Hal - Thor. 

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By vuviper

Unlimited charge... that could be interesting.

@czarny_samael666 said:

Team 2. Surfer will block Martian's TP, so they will have to fight against each other. Surfer wins. Thor vs. Hal - Thor.

Isn't current Surfer weaker or something. I heard that somewhere but I wasn't really sure.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bo88gdan

Marvel team wins

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RingSlinger

@czarny_samael666: does surfer have the ability to block tp attackse for himself as well as others? has he ever done this in any situation?

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By czarny_samael666
@vuviper said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Team 2. Surfer will block Martian's TP, so they will have to fight against each other. Surfer wins. Thor vs. Hal - Thor.

Isn't current Surfer weaker or something. I heard that somewhere but I wasn't really sure.

1.I forgot about that.
2.He still has the same powers, but in weaker state. In theory weaker. To this moment he has shown that he is much above 100 tons, that he completly control all molecules in his body, that he still can atomize his enemies and their weapons by molecular manipulation, that he has high level of reflex (in moment in which Iron Fist wassaying  "Um... Hello." Surfer was able to transform and move from Oklahoma to NY), he was able to follow Mjolnir (that was going in - IMO - top speed since Thor summoned it from other dimension), is able to change into different creature that sucked whole mist of John Aman from Immortal Weapons (IDK too much about them, but according to Iron Fist he sucked his soul) and go with him to volcano when he left him (I belive that he really sucked his soul too, since he said that living his life would be a torture). And since he still has Power Cosmic, he is connected to Astral Plane. Thanks to this and molecular control he should win this battle.
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By czarny_samael666
@RingSlinger said:

@czarny_samael666: does surfer have the ability to block tp attackse for himself as well as others? has he ever done this in any situation?

He has TP by himself, so it is obvious that they will have to deal with each other before they will try it on other enemies.
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By willpayton

I like Hal, GL is one of my favorite heroes, but I think the DC team loses here. Martian Manhunter as overpowered as he is probably loses to SS, and Hal loses to Thor.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

SS and thor

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vuviper

@czarny_samael666 said:

@vuviper said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

1.I forgot about that. 2.He still has the same powers, but in weaker state. In theory weaker. To this moment he has shown that he is much above 100 tons, that he completly control all molecules in his body, that he still can atomize his enemies and their weapons by molecular manipulation, that he has high level of reflex (in moment in which Iron Fist wassaying "Um... Hello." Surfer was able to transform and move from Oklahoma to NY), he was able to follow Mjolnir (that was going in - IMO - top speed since Thor summoned it from other dimension), is able to change into different creature that sucked whole mist of John Aman from Immortal Weapons (IDK too much about them, but according to Iron Fist he sucked his soul) and go with him to volcano when he left him (I belive that he really sucked his soul too, since he said that living his life would be a torture). And since he still has Power Cosmic, he is connected to Astral Plane. Thanks to this and molecular control he should win this battle.

Well even Silver Savage seemed stronger than Hulk, so I'm sure surfer is way beyond 100 tons. But if he's not throwing around enough energy to create black holes as a side effect of the blast anymore it could be a pretty good fight. I think Hal without limits and Thor could be a pretty good fight as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 202122

@clemj said:

to me... GL will lose against surfer and MM will lose against thor... all those after epic fights

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By czarny_samael666
@vuviper said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@vuviper said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

1.I forgot about that. 2.He still has the same powers, but in weaker state. In theory weaker. To this moment he has shown that he is much above 100 tons, that he completly control all molecules in his body, that he still can atomize his enemies and their weapons by molecular manipulation, that he has high level of reflex (in moment in which Iron Fist wassaying "Um... Hello." Surfer was able to transform and move from Oklahoma to NY), he was able to follow Mjolnir (that was going in - IMO - top speed since Thor summoned it from other dimension), is able to change into different creature that sucked whole mist of John Aman from Immortal Weapons (IDK too much about them, but according to Iron Fist he sucked his soul) and go with him to volcano when he left him (I belive that he really sucked his soul too, since he said that living his life would be a torture). And since he still has Power Cosmic, he is connected to Astral Plane. Thanks to this and molecular control he should win this battle.

Well even Silver Savage seemed stronger than Hulk, so I'm sure surfer is way beyond 100 tons. But if he's not throwing around enough energy to create black holes as a side effect of the blast anymore it could be a pretty good fight. I think Hal without limits and Thor could be a pretty good fight as well.

I agree it will be a hard one. 
Thor still can boost his powers and shoot it on Hal. As much as he can God Blast him (it doesn't take that much to charge it IMO). With Thor's help Surfer should win it for sure.
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By willpayton

@clemj said:

Superman would beat Thor, and MM is more powerful and versatile than Superman. I dont see how Thor would defeat MM.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vuviper

@WillPayton said:

@clemj said:

Superman would beat Thor, and MM is more powerful and versatile than Superman. I dont see how Thor would defeat MM.

Same, MM has the speed advantage, could use telepathy, invisibility, etc.

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RingSlinger

@vuviper said:

@WillPayton said:

@clemj said:

Same, MM has the speed advantage, could use telepathy, invisibility, etc.

This is what I was thinking..... I could see Hal holding off surfer until MM is done with Thor, then its Hal and MM vs the surfer

leeray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By leeray

ss & thor solo.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By sinestro_GL

@WillPayton: You say MM is overpowered, and then you say he loses.

I think the word overpowered is thrown around too much, and there's a general lack of understanding of the word.

leeray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By leeray

TEAM 1

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Hm. Tough fight. MM is too much for Thor IMO.

That said, Thor has resisted strong TPers before (Moondragon comes to mind).

Going with Silver Surfer and Thor tentatively for the time being.

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By emperorznb

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Hm. Tough fight. MM is too much for Thor IMO.

That said, Thor has resisted strong TPers before (Moondragon comes to mind).

Going with Silver Surfer and Thor tentatively for the time being.

Moondragon used TP to seduce Thor...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@emperorznb:

Ya ... there's a little inconsistency there. I'll have to pull up the issue as I can't remember off the top of my head, but Thor's resisted TP.

He's also been seduced by the Enchantress. Tells me Thor's weak in the loins more so than anything else! I don't see MM taking that approach but with all the gay love in comics lately... who knows! :P

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By emperorznb

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@emperorznb:

Ya ... there's a little inconsistency there. I'll have to pull up the issue as I can't remember off the top of my head, but Thor's resisted TP.

He's also been seduced by the Enchantress. Tells me Thor's weak in the loins more so than anything else! I don't see MM taking that approach but with all the gay love in comics lately... who knows! :P

Lol xD

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By emperorznb

Surfer and Thor wins.

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RingSlinger

Dont just give me the name of the team. State your reasons, debate!

Im still confident Manhunter can use some degree of TP on Thor, and would win without it

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lady_liberty

Thor isn't a problem for Team One, Surfer is the problem.

Hal or Manhunter could beat Thor alone, but I think they would struggle with Surfer. But maybe they put him in an arm lock.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jeanroygrant

Thor>Green Lantern Hal Jordan
Silver Surfer>Martian Man Hunter

Team Marvel FTW.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By willpayton

@sinestro_GL said:

I think the word overpowered is thrown around too much, and there's a general lack of understanding of the word.

He loses because SS is even more powerful than him. For SS it makes sense that he's that powerful because he's flying around space facing off against cosmic-level entities and stuff like that. MM is on earth dealing with Earth stuff, and he's a member of the JL, so he already has a lot of top-tier heroes to help out. He's... overpowered.

Why is MM overpowered? Because, he has too many overly powerful, over useful powers like insanely high TP, intangibility, invisibility, Superman level flight, speed, strength, invulnerability, etc, plus shape-shifting. He can single handedly take out the Justice League if he wanted without ever getting a scratch on him, it wouldnt even be a fight, he'd just mind-rape them all while intangible. His only real weakness was fire, and now that's not even a weakness anymore.

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kcaz

surfer is at cosmic level, he might be too powerful for team 2

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Team2.

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By eatmore_payless

With Unlimited charge Hal can do some damage. but sadly they will lose to team 2

Meat_Spinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Meat_Spinner

Current SS can solo with Thor providing a valuable distraction.

euskadi1488

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By euskadi1488

surfer alone can destroy all of them

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RingSlinger

@WillPayton: @eatmore_payless:

So it seems to me that the question here is can Hal with unlimited charge hold of the Surfer long enough for MM to defeat Thor, making it Hal and MM vs Surfer? I think this is team 1's ticket to victory, if its possible for Hal to hold off Surfer until Thor is out of the picture then I think both of them working together have more than a good chance of taking out the Surfer.

Barnes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Barnes

Well, Silver Surfer and Green Lantern have actually fought each other and SS came out on top. To me, it seems pretty obvoius, i mean SS is basically a GOD, he can mix particles and shit, and basically do all the crazy stuff Dr Manhattan does, and probably better. I think martian manhunter would own Thor, why? He has Superhuman strength, speed, senses, mentality, and endurance Shapeshifting Invulnerability Vortex Breath Hypnosis Telekinesis Invisibility Intangibility Longevity Healing factor Flight Telepathy Martian Vision Heat Generation I mean, it cant get more easier than that...

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RingSlinger

@Barnes:

That isnt cannon and it was kyle without an unlimited charge.... Im starting to think the scenario I laid out is becoming more and more likely.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By XiiX

Team 1.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jobbernos

@sinestro_GL said:

i agree and mm and hj wins.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dondave

Team 1 wins this in a fairly hard battle. Thor is non-factor here, Recently in AvX Charles was able to telepathically make the avengers (I think) sleep with Thor included, MMH can easily do this to Thor at the beginning of the fight. Then its Hal Jordan and MMH vs Silver Surfer which I think they can eventually win

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#43  Edited By frozen  Moderator
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, both Surfer and Thor are mind wiped by the combined telepathic prowess of Hal and J'onn

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know. Leaning towards the Marvel team.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If team 1 goes full telepathy,they win(J'onzz being the best here obviously).

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By eternityx

Current SS can solo with Thor providing a valuable distraction.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2.

The_Dark_Lot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The_Dark_Lot

Don't see Thor going down faster than whoever Surfer is fighting. Also don't think Thor is anywhere near as weak as people here are making him out to be. Team 2 wins this.

No Caption Provided

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel team. Surfer should defeat the Martian at the same time Thor defeats Hal.