Gym Leader Challenge: Blake Belladonna (Joewell) vs Guts (Terrortuga) OPEN FOR VOTES!!

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Joewell911

This is apart of the Comicvine Gym system invented by @spector_rand. More info can be found here if interesting. Anyone else can treat this like a normal CaV though.

If you want to challenge me, you can apply here.

Characters

Challenger

Guts from Berserk!

No Caption Provided

Represented by @terrortuga

Gym Leader

Blake Belladonna from RWBY!

No Caption Provided

Represented by @joewell

Rules

For The Battle

• Morals are on but both parties are determined to win.
  • No prep or knowledge.
  • Win by KO, kill, or incapacitation of the opponent.
  • Standard gear for both.
  • Current versions of both.
No Caption Provided
  • Fight takes place in the area pictured above. Starting distance-20 feet.

For The Voters

• Must have a post count of over 300, have been here for over 3 months, or have debated in at least one tourney/CaV before to vote.
  • Voters must have actually read the debate to vote, if I see what I regard as bias, I'll discount the vote.
  • Please give reasons because of the debate, not who you think would win.
  • Voting occurs in one of two ways, with the Challenger choosing either:
    1. The first to 10 votes.
    2. The most votes within five days.

Misc

• Both debaters have 60 hours (2 Days, 12 Hours) to respond to a post, before forfeiting.
  • The battle is limited to an opener, two rounds and a closer.

If the Challenger wins, they'll earn this!

No Caption Provided

The Swords Master Gym Badge!

Look good?

Terrortuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Terrortuga

Looks good I'll have an opener up later .

Terrortuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Opener:

Guts is a wandering warrior who combats the forces of the darkness that encroach on Midland .

Skills and Equipment:

Mechanical Arm which holds a cannon and crossbow .

The cannon has large DC and can hurt foes which normal swords broke on:

Guts can also propel himself forward with the cannon . This can be used for a surprise attack:

Mini Bombs are another part of Guts' arsenal, and they can punch holes in a foes' defense . These have the same amount of force as the cannon:

Finally, Guts wields the massive sword Dragonslayer, which weighs in at 400 pounds . Keep in mind Guts can swing Dragonslayer with one hand, which shows just how impressive his strength is .

Guts swings Dragonslayer with enough strength to crack steel:

No Caption Provided

Guts' trump card comes in the form of the Berserker Armor .

The Berserker Armor allows Guts to surpass his own mental blocks and fight with no limits . This boosts his stats and nullifies all pain:

No Caption Provided

Guts is a master sword fighter and adaptable combatant, and can never be put down for long . Blake has a long fight ahead of her . @joewell

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag for dem votes.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terrortuga: Ooh, nice. It'll be several more hours before my post comes though.

Terrortuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Terrortuga

@joewell: It's fine, my openers usually are just a basic outline so it didn't take long . Take your time .

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terrortuga: Let's begin!

Introduction

No Caption Provided

Blake is the loner-ish goth girl of the monster fighting team RWBY. While she seems introverted and unempthetic, she is really kind and cares for her friends. Her weapon is the Gambol Shroud a.... Hm... A multi-tool to say the least. The sheath itself is a cleaver-like sword while the actual weapon has three different forms. It can be a sword, handgun, or chain scythe. Each one has it's uses in combat and Blake can use it all efficiently. Her Semblance, a personalized power everyone in the RWBYverse has, is the ability to make solid after images. She can use these to jump on in the air, land an extra hit on her opponent, or as a shield to block an attack. While paired with Dust, they become even more useful. She can combine them with ice or earth dust to create solid statues or fire dust to make an explosive replacement. Lastly she can shoot energy waves. Why? I dunno. It's not explained yet! But she can. And they are powerful enough to rip through the metal flooring of a train, so watch out!

Stats

Let's go into a little more detail, shall we?

Aand that's it. Let's get onto the fun stuff.

The Fight

Counters

I'll start by providing countermeasures for some of the things you posted above.

The cannon has large DC and can hurt foes which normal swords broke on

Guts can also propel himself forward with the cannon . This can be used for a surprise attack

Mini Bombs are another part of Guts' arsenal, and they can punch holes in a foes' defense . These have the same amount of force as the cannon

This is all helpful for boosting Gut's versatility, but overall insignificant. The minigun blocking feat is more than enough to prove she can avoid all the bombs, crossbows, and cannons pretty easily. And even if he did happen to land a lucky shot, her Aura should cover a few hits.

As for the surprise attack, she uses the same thing with Gambol Shroud. Recoil propulsion won't phase her in the slightest.

Guts swings Dragonslayer with enough strength to crack steel:

Yea, but Blake can go clean through metal robots, not just crack them.

Guts' trump card comes in the form of the Berserker Armor .

The Berserker Armor allows Guts to surpass his own mental blocks and fight with no limits . This boosts his stats and nullifies all pain:

But isn't it out of character for him to use that? I'm not well versed on Guts, but I remember hearing some where it isn't often used because of morals. It won't be something he puts on off the bat.

Now, I doubt he'll equip it in time, but even if he does Blake can overcome this. Based on what's been shown so far, she has far superior base stats anyway. Combine that with the Dust Clone attacks and she'll wither him down eventually.

How It Goes Down

This fight is quite simple.

1. The match begins, Blake fires some warning shots. I assume it is since you know Blake has a gun, but is this something Guts can handle? I'd like to see feats saying he can keep himself from dying from a futuristic handgun that can pierce metal robots.
  2. Assuming Guts can get past the gunfire and close the distance, it gets to close quarters. Now here's where the things get interesting. Obviously you have more to show, but based solely off what has been present so far, Blake can take this with somewhat of an ease. All of Gut's gear can be nullified and his stats have yet to be shown to exceed Blake's. Since you haven't really gotten the chance to fully go into detail on Gut's stuff, I won't do too much here. But basically, Blake will be able to dodge all his attacks then bring him down with a variety of her own-such as her slashes, gunshots, Dust Clones, energy waves, and chain scythe swings. He won't be used to seeing all this and may not have the stats or skill to do anything about it. Eventually some will land and put him down.

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@joewell: Just a question, is that the character you'll be using for all the challengers?

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@full123: No. I'll be changing with every challenger.

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@joewell: So, to fit the challenger's character's level, or the same level as this character?

Avatar image for monarch_chronicle
Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@full123: It depends on the leader and the gym from what I remember.

The leader can pick the character they will use first (based on the tier the challenger asks for if the gym allows) and then the leader can dismiss characters proposed by the challenger until an agreeable match is made

Or

The challenger can choose which character they will use first, and then gym leader can suggests the closest match ups (leaders only have so many debatable characters lol)

Also t4v

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for monarch_chronicle
Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Terrortuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Terrortuga

@joewell: Time to get serious !

No Caption Provided

Counters

Let's go into a little more detail, shall we?

Weird the first gif isn't loading for me :( . Ok, she is above peak human but Guts can hang in this department.

He has fought in environments akin to the sea floor with giant monsters swarming on top of him, yet still overpowered them:

Can repel Apostle form Grunbeld's tail attack with just brute force:

No Caption Provided

Durability-She definitely isn't no glass cannon. She can take many powerful hits before tuckering out. This is mainly because of her Aura, the force-field manifestation of one's soul in RWBY. It completely stops her from taking damage until it is broken and that takes a lot more than you'd expect.

Nice durability, her Aura can maybe take a few hits of Dragonslayer . However Guts' durability is insane, he is able to fight on as his bones are shattered by a tree . This is was when Guts was just a teen, he has gotten much stronger since then:

His durability is immense even before he equips the Berserker Armor, but with it he is almost invulnerable . His broken bones are put back in place:

He will not die till the last drop of blood:

No Caption Provided

His armor is durable also, breaking through will not be an easy task:

No Caption Provided

Durability is clearly in Guts' favor . Moving on...

Speed-In this category, Blake really shines. .

Guts himself is a lighting timer:

No Caption Provided

Lighting was indeed real:

No Caption Provided

Fights faster than the eye can see as a teenager:

No Caption Provided

Can embarrass Holy Knights and fast enough to be a blur:

Both these feats were in early arcs and before the Berserker Armor which boosts his speed further .

With the Armor he can clear huge distances:

Skill-Blake is an extremely skilled fighter if you weren't getting that.

Guts is the best swordsman in his verse, and constantly shows it . He fought Nosferatu Zodd, (a demon that has fought for 100's of years on countless battlefields) and beat him in a sword fight:

Blake is not beating Guts here .

Counters to your counters

This is all helpful for boosting Gut's versatility, but overall insignificant. The minigun blocking feat is more than enough to prove she can avoid all the bombs, crossbows, and cannons pretty easily. And even if he did happen to land a lucky shot, her Aura should cover a few hits.

As for the surprise attack, she uses the same thing with Gambol Shroud. Recoil propulsion won't phase her in the slightest.

The point of the cannon is not for long range, but to be used in tandem with his other weapons .

For example, Guts can use both in unison in a CQC battle:

No Caption Provided

Will she be able to handle the cannon while Guts attacks her with Dragonslayer ? That's the real question here .

But isn't it out of character for him to use that? I'm not well versed on Guts, but I remember hearing some where it isn't often used because of morals. It won't be something he puts on off the bat.

Now, I doubt he'll equip it in time, but even if he does Blake can overcome this. Based on what's been shown so far, she has far superior base stats anyway. Combine that with the Dust Clone attacks and she'll wither him down eventually.

Guts will resort to the Berserker Armor if he feels he is losing the fight . He use it right away, but if he is losing to Blake, then he will use it . With the Berserker Armor he is an animalistic killer that doesn't feel pain, it's basically like a bloodlusted Guts . Not seeing how she will "wither him down" if he is constantly in her face, her attacks won't be felt and she will be run through .

This fight is quite simple.

1. The match begins, Blake fires some warning shots. I assume it is since you know Blake has a gun, but is this something Guts can handle? I'd like to see feats saying he can keep himself from dying from a futuristic handgun that can pierce metal robots.
  2. Assuming Guts can get past the gunfire and close the distance, it gets to close quarters. Now here's where the things get interesting. Obviously you have more to show, but based solely off what has been present so far, Blake can take this with somewhat of an ease. All of Gut's gear can be nullified and his stats have yet to be shown to exceed Blake's. Since you haven't really gotten the chance to fully go into detail on Gut's stuff, I won't do too much here. But basically, Blake will be able to dodge all his attacks then bring him down with a variety of her own-such as her slashes, gunshots, Dust Clones, energy waves, and chain scythe swings. He won't be used to seeing all this and may not have the stats or skill to do anything about it. Eventually some will land and put him down.

1: I have shown Guts to be a lightning timer, he can dodge some bullets .

2: Close quarters is Guts' favorite kind of fight . His arsenal is not useless here, he can use the cannon with Dragonslayer as a combo, not just long distance firing . Their stats are close to equal here, with Blake having a slight advantage . She will most likely force Guts into the Berserker Armor, and then it's downhill for her . Guts will outlast her and take the victory .

Terrortuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell Probably won't be on tomorrow, so there might a wait for my next post .

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terrortuga: That's fine. I'm going to wait until this whole banning glitch passes over. It prevents people from posting more than four images without being at risk for being banned and having their posts deleted. Not taking that risk since I know I'll have to post at least that many images.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terrortuga: Well, I think the glitch has been fixed. Regardless, keeping it minimalistic on this one. Anyways, Let's do this!

No Caption Provided

Counter Town-Round 1

Weird the first gif isn't loading for me :( . Ok, she is above peak human but Guts can hang in this department.

Really? Hm, I'll just put it in then.

No Caption Provided

Oh yea, Guts definitely isn't getting left behind here. I'll admit that. But it won't be a big factor in this battle to either side.

Nice durability, her Aura can maybe take a few hits of Dragonslayer . However Guts' durability is insane, he is able to fight on as his bones are shattered by a tree . This is was when Guts was just a teen, he has gotten much stronger since then:

You're confusing durability with endurance. Guts, from what you've shown so far, has no special durability as durability is your resistance to taking damage. And he takes damage like anyone else. Endurance, however, is how well you can keep going after you've taken damage, and that's what Guts has. He's good at continuing to fight after getting hurt, but isn't resistant to being hurt in the first place, like Blake is.

Now, endurance doesn't mean much when you physically can't fight anymore. I.E. missing limbs or having destroyed vital organs. Which is what Blake will be going for. Being able to survive broken bones won't help when you've been delimbed or shot in the head.

His durability is immense even before he equips the Berserker Armor, but with it he is almost invulnerable . His broken bones are put back in place:

Confusing those terms again. All the Berserker Armor does is give him a healing factor and increase his stats some. His durability is still at steel armor level, which Blake obviously has no problems with seeing the way she goes through those robots.

Once again, the healing factor won't matter much when he's been decapitated or shot through the heart. Steel can't replace that.

Durability is clearly in Guts' favor . Moving on...

Not at all. Guts has human level durability normally that upgrades to steel level with his armor. Blake can tank point blank explosions that shred thick metal walls. She's better at not taking damage.

But I will give him endurance. He has the advantage in that, yes, it just won't matter much in this battle.

Guts himself is a lighting timer:

Noooppeee. I refuse to accept this. If he was a legit lightning timer, he wouldn't get tagged by anything ever. It's either extremely inconsistent or he's aim dodging.

And by the looks of the scans, it seems like the latter is so. It looks like he's just jumping around to avoid the Cloud Guy's aim, not actually dodging it after it is activated.

Fights faster than the eye can see as a teenager:

Blake does the same often. Just watch the Black Trailer, she turns to but a blur while killing the robots all the time.

Can embarrass Holy Knights and fast enough to be a blur:

Both these feats were in early arcs and before the Berserker Armor which boosts his speed further .

With the Armor he can clear huge distances:

I for some reason can't see those scans.

Travel speed like that isn't very important unless he's running away or closing the distance.

Guts is the best swordsman in his verse, and constantly shows it . He fought Nosferatu Zodd, (a demon that has fought for 100's of years on countless battlefields) and beat him in a sword fight:

Blake is not beating Guts here .

That's impressive, but Blake has defeated some skilled people in her verse too.

I'm not saying Blake is better, but she can keep up in just a sword fight. Then we throw in the things like Clones, Energy Attacks, and Weapon Transformations and we see that she'll take the upper hand in close combat.

The point of the cannon is not for long range, but to be used in tandem with his other weapons .

For example, Guts can use both in unison in a CQC battle:

Will she be able to handle the cannon while Guts attacks her with Dragonslayer ? That's the real question here .

I believe so. She's a fine multitasker, as seen when she dispatches the hordes and hordes of robots, and can block minigun fire after it's left the barrel, so a cannon shouldn't be too bad.

The real question is can Guts handle the dust clones and energy attacks while Blake attacks him with Gambol Shroud? I mean Gambol on it's on is hard to deal with, wrapping around defenses and firing bullets at very close range. Combine that with the clones and I think it'd just be too much. I mean, it proved effective on Roman, who was a casual bullet timer and very skilled fighter.

Guts will resort to the Berserker Armor if he feels he is losing the fight . He use it right away, but if he is losing to Blake, then he will use it . With the Berserker Armor he is an animalistic killer that doesn't feel pain, it's basically like a bloodlusted Guts . Not seeing how she will "wither him down" if he is constantly in her face, her attacks won't be felt and she will be run through .

But he may not get that chance. It's very possible Blake one shots him with decapitation or bisection or something else of that nature. If so, Guts wouldn't ever think to put on the armor, he'd just be put out.

Well, she can go through the armor like butter seeing what she does to robots that are thousands of years more advanced, so durability isn't a trouble. Then, it's all about landing shots and defending herself. The first shouldn't be that much of a problem, she has greater stats, admitted by you, with the skill to keep up and the versatility to change the pace of the battle whenever she sees fit. She can do something like put a flame clone in front of him, back off and let him try to run it through, then watch as he is blown to bits in his bloodlust. Exploit his mindless rage with her clones and wits she's shown in the RWBY vs ABRN team fight.

The second is easy as well. She has the speed and skill to simply block his attacks, I think I've shown that. Maybe in the long run, Guts would get lucky and land a shot, but Blake can quickly get out of there whenever necessary by leaving a clone distraction and escaping to catch her breath. Even if she does slip up, she can rely on her Aura to save her a couple times.

1: I have shown Guts to be a lightning timer, he can dodge some bullets .

2: Close quarters is Guts' favorite kind of fight . His arsenal is not useless here, he can use the cannon with Dragonslayer as a combo, not just long distance firing . Their stats are close to equal here, with Blake having a slight advantage . She will most likely force Guts into the Berserker Armor, and then it's downhill for her . Guts will outlast her and take the victory .

Eh, it's very iffy. I'd like to see some more consistent feats that prove this.

But it's one he won't win. Blake could just kill him before he dons it. But even if she doesn't, she can still win even if Guts has the armor. Her clones can take hits for her, as well as land some and her weapon is far more unpredictable and harder to deal with. She has the durability to tank hits, while Guts would be pierced like everything else. Heck, I could even see Dragonslayer being cut in half like the robots' weapons were. Then he'd really be screwed.

It's a good fight, but Guts just isn't getting past Blake's advantage in versatility and stats.

Terrortuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Terrortuga

@joewell:Glitch is gone thank the lord lml .

No Caption Provided

Counters to your Counters

Oh yea, Guts definitely isn't getting left behind here. I'll admit that. But it won't be a big factor in this battle to either side.

Yeah i was just showing that their strengths are close to equal .

You're confusing durability with endurance. Guts, from what you've shown so far, has no special durability as durability is your resistance to taking damage. And he takes damage like anyone else. Endurance, however, is how well you can keep going after you've taken damage, and that's what Guts has. He's good at continuing to fight after getting hurt, but isn't resistant to being hurt in the first place, like Blake is.

Now, endurance doesn't mean much when you physically can't fight anymore. I.E. missing limbs or having destroyed vital organs. Which is what Blake will be going for. Being able to survive broken bones won't help when you've been delimbed or shot in the head.

Well it's a good thing Guts can already fight with one arm lol . Guts has had his internal organs damaged as well, it's not anything he can't stomach . But seriously, Guts has used his mouth to fight with Dragonslayer, being delimbed isn't a huge issue .

No Caption Provided

Confusing those terms again. All the Berserker Armor does is give him a healing factor and increase his stats some. His durability is still at steel armor level, which Blake obviously has no problems with seeing the way she goes through those robots.

Once again, the healing factor won't matter much when he's been decapitated or shot through the heart. Steel can't replace that.

I guess I'll show this image again:

No Caption Provided

Guts will not die until his last drop of blood . Decapation is an option, but will Blake figure that out before its too late ?

Not at all. Guts has human level durability normally that upgrades to steel level with his armor. Blake can tank point blank explosions that shred thick metal walls. She's better at not taking damage.

But I will give him endurance. He has the advantage in that, yes, it just won't matter much in this battle.

Guts is clearly not just some normal human, he is sort of inhuman . Her Aura will shield her for a time, but it lessens over time .

Loading Video...

Endurance is actually the key to victory here, as Guts continues to wear Blake down she will grow weaker . Eventually her Aura will not protect her anymore and she will get shredded .

Noooppeee. I refuse to accept this. If he was a legit lightning timer, he wouldn't get tagged by anything ever. It's either extremely inconsistent or he's aim dodging.

And by the looks of the scans, it seems like the latter is so. It looks like he's just jumping around to avoid the Cloud Guy's aim, not actually dodging it after it is activated.

Hehe this scan is always controversial . He is a lightning timer in his Berserker Armor, but not in base . In Berserker Armor Apostles get blitzed constantly and usually can't even protect themselves . In base he isn't close to this speed . The lighting was spread all over, wasn't really aim dodging . Guts is the guy jumping around avoiding it in this scan .

No Caption Provided

Blake does the same often. Just watch the Black Trailer, she turns to but a blur while killing the robots all the time.

Yeah but Guts did that as a teenager way before he got the Berserker Armor and before he was even an adult .

I for some reason can't see those scans.

Travel speed like that isn't very important unless he's running away or closing the distance.

Yeah that was because of a glitch, but they are there now .

Blake moves around while fighting right ? Travel speed wouldn't be useless if Guts has to chase her .

That's impressive, but Blake has defeated some skilled people in her verse too.

I'm not saying Blake is better, but she can keep up in just a sword fight. Then we throw in the things like Clones, Energy Attacks, and Weapon Transformations and we see that she'll take the upper hand in close combat.

I don't think you showed all of those things you mentioned, I'd like to see them .

I believe so. She's a fine multitasker, as seen when she dispatches the hordes and hordes of robots, and can block minigun fire after it's left the barrel, so a cannon shouldn't be too bad.

The real question is can Guts handle the dust clones and energy attacks while Blake attacks him with Gambol Shroud? I mean Gambol on it's on is hard to deal with, wrapping around defenses and firing bullets at very close range. Combine that with the clones and I think it'd just be too much. I mean, it proved effective on Roman, who was a casual bullet timer and very skilled fighter.

Guts is a combat genius, and has actually dealt with a similar weapon to the Gambol Shroud .

Loading Video...

It's not the same, but the general idea is close . Guts still has his mini bombs and cannon, and Guts is a bullet timer too .

But he may not get that chance. It's very possible Blake one shots him with decapitation or bisection or something else of that nature. If so, Guts wouldn't ever think to put on the armor, he'd just be put out.

Well, she can go through the armor like butter seeing what she does to robots that are thousands of years more advanced, so durability isn't a trouble. Then, it's all about landing shots and defending herself. The first shouldn't be that much of a problem, she has greater stats, admitted by you, with the skill to keep up and the versatility to change the pace of the battle whenever she sees fit. She can do something like put a flame clone in front of him, back off and let him try to run it through, then watch as he is blown to bits in his bloodlust. Exploit his mindless rage with her clones and wits she's shown in the RWBY vs ABRN team fight.

The second is easy as well. She has the speed and skill to simply block his attacks, I think I've shown that. Maybe in the long run, Guts would get lucky and land a shot, but Blake can quickly get out of there whenever necessary by leaving a clone distraction and escaping to catch her breath. Even if she does slip up, she can rely on her Aura to save her a couple times.

Don't see how she can just one shot him when the stat difference isn't huge .

The stats are close, Guts will hang with Blake and her Aura will eventually deplete . Guts willingly jumps into flame, it isn't a problem . Guts isn't completely mindless in the armor, just really crazy, he can still think a little . That being said, he won't be walking into traps or clones or whatever so easily .

Eh, it's very iffy. I'd like to see some more consistent feats that prove this.

But it's one he won't win. Blake could just kill him before he dons it. But even if she doesn't, she can still win even if Guts has the armor. Her clones can take hits for her, as well as land some and her weapon is far more unpredictable and harder to deal with. She has the durability to tank hits, while Guts would be pierced like everything else. Heck, I could even see Dragonslayer being cut in half like the robots' weapons were. Then he'd really be screwed.

It's a good fight, but Guts just isn't getting past Blake's advantage in versatility and stats.

Already showed that Guts can blur, he has at least bullet timer speed .

Blake has the chance to kill him, but if she is really dominating Guts won't hesitate to don the armor . Still need to see all of these clones and such . Durability that depletes over time will only tank a few hits, good thing Guts has greater endurance which will win this fight . Dragonslayer isn't being cut in half, it survived 2 years of daily combat against demons and is cursed .

Stats are close, versatility is Blakes game but it won't matter if she can't kill Guts .

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terrortuga: Wooo! I think this is my last counters, then yours. So try not to bring up anything new in your next post, unless you'd like an extension.

No Caption Provided

Counters-Round 2

Well it's a good thing Guts can already fight with one arm lol . Guts has had his internal organs damaged as well, it's not anything he can't stomach . But seriously, Guts has used his mouth to fight with Dragonslayer, being delimbed isn't a huge issue .

Well damn, ain't he fancy? You can't say that wouldn't significantly hinder him though. Once Guts starts losing limbs and getting impaled, the fight is only going downhill for him. He wouldn't be able to land hits or block them nearly as efficiently so he'd be getting tagged more and more while hitting her less and less. Eventually, she'd be able to land a headshot that would put him down permanently.

Also, he's fought with his brain/heart impaled? Can I see this please?

I guess I'll show this image again:

Guts will not die until his last drop of blood . Decapation is an option, but will Blake figure that out before its too late ?

No need. I understand it fully.

He will die if he is blown to bits, chopped in half, shot through the brain/heart, or had his head cut off. And yes, Blake can do all those things considering they are quite common for her to use and considering the fact that decapitation is the obvious way to kill an opponent with a healing factor.

Guts is clearly not just some normal human, he is sort of inhuman . Her Aura will shield her for a time, but it lessens over time .

Endurance is actually the key to victory here, as Guts continues to wear Blake down she will grow weaker . Eventually her Aura will not protect her anymore and she will get shredded .

Obviously overall he's super human, so is Blake, but specifically in durability he is not greater than anyone else, while Blake is.

I'm aware. The thing is, Blake won't be getting hit often. She can dodge his swipes all day, or just use her clones as shields like she often does. Guts on the other hand, will. For Blake is faster and far more unpredictable than him and can land the hits via either surprise or simply overwhelming him with superior stats and versatility.

Endurance really won't matter. Blake won't just be landing petty slashes and cuts-she'll be delimbing, exploding, and impaling him constantly. He'll only get weaker, unable to land the hits he needs to win or block the ones she is dealing out until eventually he is put down.

Hehe this scan is always controversial . He is a lightning timer in his Berserker Armor, but not in base . In Berserker Armor Apostles get blitzed constantly and usually can't even protect themselves . In base he isn't close to this speed . The lighting was spread all over, wasn't really aim dodging . Guts is the guy jumping around avoiding it in this scan .

That's because it's ridiculous. Street levelers can't dodge real, natural speed lightning. It's either gonna be inconsistent or some form of aim dodging.

Then show me him doing something even close to that at another point in the series. Prove it wasn't an extreme high showing. Because seeing how often he is tagged in all of your durability feats, it's looking like one.

Also, he'll be starting this fight in base. That means Blake will be able to tag him for sure and most likely even put him down before he even thinks to put on the armor. Speaking of putting on the armor, how quick is this process? If he going to be able to don it mid combat? What's stopping Blake from just killing him while he is equipping it?

Yeah but Guts did that as a teenager way before he got the Berserker Armor and before he was even an adult .

The Black Trailer also takes place before Blake's training at Beacon and she has improved greatly since then as well.

Yeah that was because of a glitch, but they are there now .

Blake moves around while fighting right ? Travel speed wouldn't be useless if Guts has to chase her .

Not in long distances. Mainly just around the opponent. Nothing requiring a chase.

I don't think you showed all of those things you mentioned, I'd like to see them .

I did. Check the intro. But I'll post them again for convenience.

Ice clone, Stone clone, Fire clone, Energy Wave
Whip mode
Whip mode

Guts is a combat genius, and has actually dealt with a similar weapon to the Gambol Shroud .

It's not the same, but the general idea is close . Guts still has his mini bombs and cannon, and Guts is a bullet timer too .

Yea, except the end is a pistol. She could throw it, let Guts block the initial attack, then BANG! He get's shot anyways. He may be a bullet timer, but can he dodge a bullet fired less than a foot away from his face?

Don't see how she can just one shot him when the stat difference isn't huge .

The stats are close, Guts will hang with Blake and her Aura will eventually deplete . Guts willingly jumps into flame, it isn't a problem . Guts isn't completely mindless in the armor, just really crazy, he can still think a little . That being said, he won't be walking into traps or clones or whatever so easily .

By cutting him in half or taking off his head.

She won't be getting tagged nearly as much as him (Due to superior speed, ways of evasion, and an overflow of ways to hurt him with her wide verity of attacks). And once he's lost an arm or major organ, his efficiency will go down a lot. He won't be able to move as fast or with as much skill, so he won't be tagging her. Nor will he be able to defend himself as well, so more shots will be landed on him.

Yes, and once he jumps into the clone he'll be exploded into giblets. Guts becomes careless in the Berserker Armor, which Blake can use to land more hits in vital areas to bring him down.

Already showed that Guts can blur, he has at least bullet timer speed .

Blake has the chance to kill him, but if she is really dominating Guts won't hesitate to don the armor . Still need to see all of these clones and such . Durability that depletes over time will only tank a few hits, good thing Guts has greater endurance which will win this fight . Dragonslayer isn't being cut in half, it survived 2 years of daily combat against demons and is cursed .

Stats are close, versatility is Blakes game but it won't matter if she can't kill Guts .

Maybe normally, but at such close range? I doubt it.

If she is really dominating, Guts won't have a chance to don the armor. He'll be dead.

I've shown the clones from post one, but they're all here again.

It doesn't matter that it depletes since she won't be getting hit often. He's endurance is negated by the fact she can land game changing hits like disarmament or decapitation.

She can kill Guts. She has the stats to tag, tank, and dodge, she has the skill to keep up, and she has the versatility to constantly bring something new to the fight and bring down Guts. Guts will be a formidable opponent, but he just won't be able to keep up with the huge array of attacks she can bring to the fight. His endurance is the only thing he has going for him, but his own recklessness will allow him to be hurt in major ways that'll eventually have him put out. In the end, Blake will take this fight due to her advantages in stats and overall options in battle.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terrortuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terrortuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: Alrighty sorry for the delay I've been really busy lately

No Caption Provided

Counters on counters 2

Well damn, ain't he fancy? You can't say that wouldn't significantly hinder him though. Once Guts starts losing limbs and getting impaled, the fight is only going downhill for him. He wouldn't be able to land hits or block them nearly as efficiently so he'd be getting tagged more and more while hitting her less and less. Eventually, she'd be able to land a headshot that would put him down permanently.

Also, he's fought with his brain/heart impaled? Can I see this please?

He consistently fights with one arm, so it really isn't a big issue .

No need. I understand it fully.

He will die if he is blown to bits, chopped in half, shot through the brain/heart, or had his head cut off. And yes, Blake can do all those things considering they are quite common for her to use and considering the fact that decapitation is the obvious way to kill an opponent with a healing factor.

Does Blake decapitate in character ? Don't see her resorting to that, she has morals . She didn't do that to Roman who she hates, why would she do it to Guts ? Guts on the other hand has no such morals and won't hesitate to kill her .

Obviously overall he's super human, so is Blake, but specifically in durability he is not greater than anyone else, while Blake is.

I'm aware. The thing is, Blake won't be getting hit often. She can dodge his swipes all day, or just use her clones as shields like she often does. Guts on the other hand, will. For Blake is faster and far more unpredictable than him and can land the hits via either surprise or simply overwhelming him with superior stats and versatility.

Endurance really won't matter. Blake won't just be landing petty slashes and cuts-she'll be delimbing, exploding, and impaling him constantly. He'll only get weaker, unable to land the hits he needs to win or block the ones she is dealing out until eventually he is put down.

Blake uses her clones to take damage, but this can be countered by one of Guts' techniques . He uses the recoil of the cannon to boost himself forward . When Blake backs from her clone she gets Guts flying full speed at her . There's also some flame damage that comes with this .

No Caption Provided

Wouldn't say she is that much faster, they are both in the bullet timer range . She has greater versatility, I concede that .

Endurance is important . Blake's Aura decreases with time, Guts' Armor provides more longevity . He won't get weaker, he doesn't feel pain and wounds are closed up, the only one getting weaker will be Blake . She hasn't been in a prolonged fight before, she will crumble . No she won't be doing all of that, the stats are in Guts' favor with the armor .

That's because it's ridiculous. Street levelers can't dodge real, natural speed lightning. It's either gonna be inconsistent or some form of aim dodging.

Then show me him doing something even close to that at another point in the series. Prove it wasn't an extreme high showing. Because seeing how often he is tagged in all of your durability feats, it's looking like one.

Also, he'll be starting this fight in base. That means Blake will be able to tag him for sure and most likely even put him down before he even thinks to put on the armor. Speaking of putting on the armor, how quick is this process? If he going to be able to don it mid combat? What's stopping Blake from just killing him while he is equipping it?

Guts is mid tier not street level bro . Every showing of the Berserker Armor shows the massive difference between Guts and Guts in the armor . It really isn't far fetched to think that he can dodge it, there have only been 3 showings of the armor, and all three are impressive .

As I said earlier, the armor has been used three times, and the other times he used it dealt with hand to hand, no dodging was needed . What's wrong with a high showing ?

Yes Blake can tag him before the armor . But once he puts it on all the damage she did is negated .

This is all it takes for the armor to equip:

There's no charge time or anything like that, Guts wears the armor but doesn't always use it .

The Black Trailer also takes place before Blake's training at Beacon and she has improved greatly since then as well.

Fair enough .

Not in long distances. Mainly just around the opponent. Nothing requiring a chase.

Alright but the feats are there just in case ;)

I did. Check the intro. But I'll post them again for convenience.

Must have missed those ....

Yea, except the end is a pistol. She could throw it, let Guts block the initial attack, then BANG! He get's shot anyways. He may be a bullet timer, but can he dodge a bullet fired less than a foot away from his face?

Yeah i'm confident he can, a half dead teenage Guts blocked 50 arrows at once with one arm:

No Caption Provided

By cutting him in half or taking off his head.

She won't be getting tagged nearly as much as him (Due to superior speed, ways of evasion, and an overflow of ways to hurt him with her wide verity of attacks). And once he's lost an arm or major organ, his efficiency will go down a lot. He won't be able to move as fast or with as much skill, so he won't be tagging her. Nor will he be able to defend himself as well, so more shots will be landed on him.

Yes, and once he jumps into the clone he'll be exploded into giblets. Guts becomes careless in the Berserker Armor, which Blake can use to land more hits in vital areas to bring him down.

His efficiency won't go down, he won't even feel the lost organ, and I showed he can fight with one arm . He won't be bothered by her attacks, and she will wear down . His efficiency doesn't decrease with damage .

The fire clone didn't blow up Roman, why would it suddenly explode Guts ? It seems like a pushback tool more than an explosive .

Maybe normally, but at such close range? I doubt it.

If she is really dominating, Guts won't have a chance to don the armor. He'll be dead.

I've shown the clones from post one, but they're all here again.

It doesn't matter that it depletes since she won't be getting hit often. He's endurance is negated by the fact she can land game changing hits like disarmament or decapitation.

She can kill Guts. She has the stats to tag, tank, and dodge, she has the skill to keep up, and she has the versatility to constantly bring something new to the fight and bring down Guts. Guts will be a formidable opponent, but he just won't be able to keep up with the huge array of attacks she can bring to the fight. His endurance is the only thing he has going for him, but his own recklessness will allow him to be hurt in major ways that'll eventually have him put out. In the end, Blake will take this fight due to her advantages in stats and overall options in battle.

I showed his speed, don't what else I can do really . He did those feats in base, and with the armor he is at the very least way above that .

Nah she isn't killing him before the armor . His endurance is ridiculous, and he has used it early on in fights before .

Yep I see them now .

Yeah its pretty important that it depletes, its the trump card for Guts here . She doesn't decapitate in character, and by the time she resorts to it it will be to late .

She can but she won't . She has the stat advantage in base but the armor is too much, her clones won't fool Guts twice, and he can dodge her bullets . What else can she bring ? At that point it's the end for her, her Aura won't last forever .

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terrortuga: As have I. No problem at all.

This has been a fun debate. Can't wait to see who the voters will choose!

No Caption Provided

Conclusion-Final Round

Why Blake Wins

Honestly, I think I best summarized it in my last post:

The one and only important advantage Guts has is his ridiculous endurance, a small factor that is nullified by Blake's ability to land deadly hits such as limb removal, that'll decrease his efficiency and ability to land or block attacks, and decapitation, that'll kill him. On the other hand, Blake holds more advantages that are more vital than Guts. She has greater speed, strength, and durability and far greater versatility with the better weapon that'll all in all let her win this fight.

His attacks can all be dodged (She has greater speed even according to you.) or blocked with clones (A tactic she uses often, unlike Guts and his arm propulsion.), at least until she lands a lot of hits on him. For every one attack Guts lands, Blake would have already landed 5 or more with her greater stats and large array of attacks. And once she realises he can tank her normal attacks, she'll start aiming for deadly killshots such as decapitation (Which she has no qualms about using, she just didn't kill Roman because she was in a rush.), fire clones (Roman only survived because of Aura, which also allowed him to tank metal cutting energy. Guts doesn't have that and would die.), close range whip-gunshots (Blocking arrows at a range doesn't equal blocking bullets from a foot away.), and so on and so forth. This will all allow her to bring Guts down, despite his endurance.

The Berserker Armor will help to even out the fight, but won't let Guts win. Based off of what's been shown, it doesn't increase his stats past Blake's (Besides one inconsistant, high end, lightning timing feat that shouldn't be considered since he is still tagged by things slower than Blake.) and besides that only gives him a healing factor-which won't help after he is blown to bits or decapitated. It also makes him incredibly careless, meaning he'll take more hits and fall for Blake's clone tricks easier.

So yea. Blake wins. Wooo!

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terrortuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: Never saw this tag sorry, I'll get to it tomorrow as it's late over here .

Terrortuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: The final post has arrived ! Keeping it short .

Final Round

Not much more for me to add here, both of our points are fleshed out .

Limb removal isn't as large of a factor as you think, but it won't come to that anyway . Still haven't seen proof that an in character Blake will decapitate .

She has greater stats until the Berserker Armor, then she will be fighting an evenly matched opponent who can't feel pain . See the difference ?

Again, Greater speed until the Armor . Guts has actually used arm propulsion quite a lot, it's not uncommon .

Roman was someone she hated, and he was willing provoking her, yet she didn't do much . Just cause she had an angry look doesn't mean she was ready to kill him . Weiss did interrupt, but Blake didn't attack Roman when he was down nonetheless .

Loading Video...

How will she decapitate Guts ? She can't stomach it . (Pun intended)

Nah he won't die to an explosion, especially that can only blow some several feet in the air .

The point is he blocked them as a teen and after he had went through a difficult battle and could barely stand . With Guts being full grown and with the Berserker Armor he should be able to easily bullet time .

The stats will be around equal w/ the armor .

The lightning feat isn't an outlier because what we are shown with the armor is Guts constantly outpacing opponents that clowned him earlier and not being tagged much at all . The only way it's an outlier is if you use Guts base form, but that isn't what is being debated here .

Well that fire clone isn't blowing Guts to bits it only launched Roman into the air . She won't decapitate in character either . So that leaves her with ....

I think I described the armor wrong , he can still use strategy in the armor .

He won't freely walk into her traps .

Well i think i said everything earlier in the post . Time for voting right ?

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terrortuga: I edited the title. Can you get the callouts? I'm at a friend's house.

Terrortuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP FOR VOTES

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By CitizenSentry

Very nice debate from both participants and this is a really hard choice for me to make, seeing as you both did amazing jobs representing tour chosen characters. But in the end my vote is going to @Terrortuga: Mainly because I wasn't whole heartedly convinced that Blake would be able to keep Guts down, now don't get me wrong it would be an incredibly close fight (in my opinion) but the berserker armour would be able to constantly heal whatever damage Blake puts out and as @Joewell: said her aura should be able to take a few hits off of Dragonslayer and I personally don't see Blake's aura being able to constantly tank hits off of the sword. But as I said before awesome debating from both participants. :)

Terrortuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump need some votes peoples !

bachh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vote for @joewell . He proved that Blake can land hit on Guts and slowly cut off Guts limb one by one while evading his attack and able to tank some attacks that will eventually connect. @terrortuga gave out some good points, arguments and feat but overall he relied on guts endurance too much while unable to show how guts gonna tags Blake enough to take her down.

chrometitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bachh2 said:

Vote for @joewell . He proved that Blake can land hit on Guts and slowly cut off Guts limb one by one while evading his attack and able to tank some attacks that will eventually connect. @terrortuga gave out some good points, arguments and feat but overall he relied on guts endurance too much while unable to show how guts gonna tags Blake enough to take her down.

This. Vote for Joewell

Avatar image for serpinethegreen
serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By serpinethegreen

I vote for Joewell.

TBH @terrotuga: I felt @joewell: won this in his first post (or more importantly, your second)

In post#14 you said this:

"Nice durability, her Aura can maybe take a few hits of Dragonslayer."

Which pretty much damned you (even more than claiming Guts is a lightning timer....like seriously?) Basically by admitting she could tank not one, not two, but a few hits. You pretty much made it seem unreasonable that she'd lose. There are other factors (of course) but this stood out for me the most.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Joewell911

Terror 1-3 Joewell

@terrortuga: Maybe we should go ahead and close it due to how little votes we're getting?

Avatar image for geomancertactics
Geomancertactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terrortuga

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pierpat

Very neat debate!

Loved it being both a berser and a rwby fan( joewell, you'll have to tell me one day why you chose for a cav the RWBY team member less impressive feats-wise to my eyes)

anyway i'll give my final vote to Joewell, given how after reading this i can't really imaine blake losing, while coming in here i saw guts dominating.

Fine job, as usual.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Joewell911

@pierpat: Because Ruby and Yang aren't swordsmen and Weiss vs Guts would probably go a lot like Weiss vs Chainsaw Guy. Though I have used all of RWBY in CaVs at some point.

Thanks for voting!

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: I mean, it's a month old. But hey. I'd be fine if someone still wanted to vote on this.