• 51 results
WhiteLantern#1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WhiteLantern#1

Who's the best Lantern (not just green). I read that Guy was supposed to be the chosen Lantern but Hal was closer and it was urgent. I read that Guy refused to wear the ring. Hal Jordan defines green lanterns.... Kyle Rayner become the most powerful character (hero) in DC at one point. What is Guy? and ALL things Even with unlimited charges on each ring who wins this triple threat?

jacobyLIVE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jacobyLIVE

If they're all regular GL's, it's a tough one. Guys willpower overflows, so he'd be capable of some extrememly impressive feats. But that's not saying the two other GL's are any less skilled with the ring. Hal is the unofficial leader of the GL which basically implies he's the best of them all, in terms of willpower and determination... 

As a Red Lantern, however, Guy was able to slaughter many Black Lanterns by himself. I didn't read much of Blackest Night, so can someone fill me in on if any Red Lanterns were defeated by GLs? I don't think they were, but I may be wrong. 

If Kyle is ION, he wins. Easily.

WhiteLantern#1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WhiteLantern#1
@jacobyLIVE said:
"If they're all regular GL's, it's a tough one. Guys willpower overflows, so he'd be capable of some extrememly impressive feats. But that's not saying the two other GL's are any less skilled with the ring. Hal is the unofficial leader of the GL which basically implies he's the best of them all, in terms of willpower and determination...  As a Red Lantern, however, Guy was able to slaughter many Black Lanterns by himself. I didn't read much of Blackest Night, so can someone fill me in on if any Red Lanterns were defeated by GLs? I don't think they were, but I may be wrong.  If Kyle is ION, he wins. Easily. "

Ha  I agree with everything you said. I just wonder if Guy will become the White Lantern bearer... Hal is a Guardian of the Universe now, but Guy is still and was always mean to be the chosen one, when both Hal and Kyle got their rings (same ring actually haha) it was meant both times for Guy..
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

In my opinion, it's:

Hal
Kyle
Guy

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@jacobyLIVE said:

" If they're all regular GL's, it's a tough one. Guys willpower overflows, so he'd be capable of some extrememly impressive feats. But that's not saying the two other GL's are any less skilled with the ring. Hal is the unofficial leader of the GL which basically implies he's the best of them all, in terms of willpower and determination...  As a Red Lantern, however, Guy was able to slaughter many Black Lanterns by himself. I didn't read much of Blackest Night, so can someone fill me in on if any Red Lanterns were defeated by GLs? I don't think they were, but I may be wrong.  If Kyle is ION, he wins. Easily. "

Sinestro killed Laira with a cheap shot. 

@WhiteLantern#1 said: 

Ha  I agree with everything you said. I just wonder if Guy will become the White Lantern bearer... Hal is a Guardian of the Universe now, but Guy is still and was always mean to be the chosen one, when both Hal and Kyle got their rings (same ring actually haha) it was meant both times for Guy.. "

WOW, that could be amazing or just %$#&ed up. 
jacobyLIVE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jacobyLIVE
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @jacobyLIVE said:

" If they're all regular GL's, it's a tough one. Guys willpower overflows, so he'd be capable of some extrememly impressive feats. But that's not saying the two other GL's are any less skilled with the ring. Hal is the unofficial leader of the GL which basically implies he's the best of them all, in terms of willpower and determination...  As a Red Lantern, however, Guy was able to slaughter many Black Lanterns by himself. I didn't read much of Blackest Night, so can someone fill me in on if any Red Lanterns were defeated by GLs? I don't think they were, but I may be wrong.  If Kyle is ION, he wins. Easily. "

Sinestro killed Laira with a cheap shot. 

@WhiteLantern#1 said: 

Ha  I agree with everything you said. I just wonder if Guy will become the White Lantern bearer... Hal is a Guardian of the Universe now, but Guy is still and was always mean to be the chosen one, when both Hal and Kyle got their rings (same ring actually haha) it was meant both times for Guy.. "

WOW, that could be amazing or just %$#&ed up.  "
Wow...I have the Rage of the Red Lanterns hardcover right next to me and I forgot that...wow
rightprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rightprice
@WhiteLantern#1
Wait, Hal is a guardian of the universe now?  Is it just a title or has he obtained new power and/or immortality like a guardian? 
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By geraldthesloth

No Caption Provided
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ComicStooge
@JediXMan said:
"In my opinion, it's:   
Hal  
Kyle  
Guy "

@JediXMan:  

I agree with you completely.
tigrex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tigrex13

yep

hal

kyle

guy

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By blackadamFTW

@JediXMan said:

In my opinion, it's: Hal Kyle Guy
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By willpayton

@JediXMan said:

In my opinion, it's: Hal Kyle Guy

This

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread needs John and Alan :)

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By willpayton

@drgnx said:

This thread needs John and Alan :)

I'm sure this (including John and Alan) has already been done.

Avatar image for deathstrokesrevenge
Deathstrokesrevenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal, guy, kyle

Mr_Lowrii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle

Hal

Guy

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@jedixman said:

In my opinion, it's:

Hal

Kyle

Guy

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By russellmania77

I choose kyle by a mile

Hal has been around for a while

guy is alright

Avatar image for inconvenient_truth
Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

add john and allen

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal

Kyle

Guy

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal has fought and beaten both of them at their best as green lanterns, even going as far as stalemating Ion Kyle .... I know this is them fighting as overall lanterns and all, so it should be noted that Hal has been in the sinestro corps, the white lantern corps, the red lantern corps and he knows techniques from the indigo tribe. Guy has been a red lantern and I think he's been in the indigo tribe, maybe blue lanterns. Kyle in new 52 has worn every ring at once besides black and white but lost control and went berserk. As far as control and mastery over the rings of all the other corps goes, Hal wins ..........

marvelman27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By marvelman27

Guy Gardner has the strongest willpower, which also kind of makes him the most bullheaded, Hal Jordan has had the ring for the longest, so he is the most skilled with it but Kyle Rayner has the best imagination which really helps with the Power Ring, he has also mastered the entire emotional spectrum making him the first White Lantern, So if it were a 3 way battle, Hal would be the first to fall, followed by Guy, Kyle would win

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman27 said:

Guy Gardner has the strongest willpower, which also kind of makes him the most bullheaded, Hal Jordan has had the ring for the longest, so he is the most skilled with it but Kyle Rayner has the best imagination which really helps with the Power Ring, he has also mastered the entire emotional spectrum making him the first White Lantern, So if it were a 3 way battle, Hal would be the first to fall, followed by Guy, Kyle would win

Uhmm.... no.

TheIrishDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle has the most imagination and has pulled off the most impressive feats IMO, and not just as Ion. Hal has the most experience and arguably the most willpower. Of you included John, he would have the most direct combat training, but his imagination tends to lack in terms of constructs. Guy is...supposed to be the chosen one but...never seems to strike me as all that impressive.

All in all, I'd give it to Kyle. Even without Ion, his sheer creativity would slip up the others and he'd win. I think.

Avatar image for captainamerica1986
CaptainAmerica1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

In my opinion, it's:

Hal

Kyle

Guy

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

kyle

hal

guy

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hal for then win

He is the one who one shoted krona

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dondave

Hal is more versatile, while Kyle is more powerful overall

Avatar image for worlds_only_dc_fan
Worlds_only_DC_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal

Kyle

Guy

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently: Kyle>>>>>>>>>>>Hal>guy

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle

Hal

Guy

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Hal.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO

Kyle (imagination)

Hal (experience)

Guy (I don't know a lot about him)

Kyle barely wins...I just think he would end up pulling off something surprising to catch them off guard

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal Jordan.

Kyle probably has him beat in raw power, but Hal's an on overall more aggressive combatant.

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAL at his best would be the host of spectre and ZH parallax

Kyle Rayner at his best would be HOG ion

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mess with Red/Green Gardner..... That guy was a frickin beast.

As a GL he's pretty good but not on par with Hal.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for nightlanternkim
NightLanternKim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle as Ion or white would win easily.

Hal would be second.

Guy is last.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think there is anyone out there that would think that Guy could beat Kyle, Hal, or John Stewart if we included him. In fact I don't think he would even beat Kilowog, but that's for another topic.

Kyle, and Hal has always been something that could be heavily debated.

barryhill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: At this rate, Kyle could easily come back to being, if not ascending from, HOG Ion levels of power since Godhead was a thing. He manipulated the life of an entire planet, created and eventually destroyed Oblivion (a representation of his innermost apocalypse), threw god-killers with telekinesis and teleporting Indigo powers, and somehow literally entering and leaving the source wall, drinking up the info of the Source.

However, if we're counting the olden days, ZH Parallax might give White-Lantern Source-Enhanced Kyle a run for his money. Keyword being might. Unlike Kyle who's attitude towards ascension is really reluctant, and thus more inexperienced with godhood, Hal doesn't mind godhood and had far more experience with it, considering he also had the Spectre within at one point, effectively making him pretty damn powerful.

So it's basically Will vs Power. IF Mother Box Hal can count, then it's no contest, because Jesus, he is even implied to be MORE powerful than ZH Parallax. Then again, that was nearly featless aside from bringing back the imaginary Corps (I say that because what even is Darkseid War? I know it's an event, but chronologically, it does't make sense).

Unique1608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a big fan of old comics, but in terms of accomplishment, I think it's Hal Jordan. And this is not my personal favorite. In REBIRTH, Hal beat the crap out of a thousand Yellow lanterns and even defeated a Parallax-Sinestro combination. And in Blackest Night, Jordan absorbed the ENTITY OF LIFE itself and gave life to twelve or something heroes, not to mention destroying a thousand Black lantern rings.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle

Unworthy_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal = willpower in rebirth, Guy Gardner = toughest nut to crack... hard one but will will win always (see what I did there?)

Jayankar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys Hal jordon has defeated parallax, non of them would able to do that and he even killed many multiversal threat Hal construction are so strong that even powerhouses like superman wonder woman are unable to destroy them. Guy and Kyle may be good , very good , better but they are not the best.Hal was the first green lantern of the Earth and the most experience than Two and he is having more will power than the both of them.It is always stated that Hal is the greatest Green Lantern Ever.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle wins eventually.