User Lists: 0

ZettoVii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By ZettoVii

@wewlad80: I would argue that Clare is generally about as fast as Raiden. Except that instead of having a hyperviperating sword, she vibrates the blade herself.... Although it doesn't have anywhere as great cutting/striking power has Jack the ripper (has trouble cutting stuff harder than steel).

Guts on the other hand fights about as fast, except he cannot make his blade vibrate. But instead, he can apply so much force on his strikes that it can even cleave through stuff tough as diamonds in a swing.

Though, Clare can achieve speed and strength greater than this through Soul Link with Theresa. In which case, Raiden looks pretty slow. While having enough strength to dwarf Guts.

Wewlad80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Wewlad80

@zettovii said:

@wewlad80: I would argue that Clare is generally about as fast as Raiden. Except that instead of having a hyperviperating sword, she vibrates the blade herself.... Although it doesn't have anywhere as great cutting/striking power has Jack the ripper (has trouble cutting stuff harder than steel).

Guts on the other hand fights about as fast, except he cannot make his blade vibrate. But instead, he can apply so much force on his strikes that it can even cleave through stuff tough as diamonds in a swing.

So youre saying shes this fast ?

Massively Slown down to blade mode time (Still can barely even See his swings which are just a blur)
Massively Slown down to blade mode time (Still can barely even See his swings which are just a blur)

Here the same kill sped up (notice the guy is STILL falling in slow motion so Raiden is even Far faster than this to the Naked eye)
Here the same kill sped up (notice the guy is STILL falling in slow motion so Raiden is even Far faster than this to the Naked eye)
No Caption Provided

I can link the vid showing this if you dont believe me.

Also how Metal gear Cyborg Ninjas Look when Swinging their blades in Real time (Fox is cutting down bullets here while casually walking forward)

No Caption Provided

If Shes as Fast as them then this is a Massive Mismatch.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By thelocust619

@wewlad80: Probably faster.

One of Clare's first times using Quicksword, before she got good:

http://i.imgur.com/GoS6PwN.jpg

Windcutter, a slower version with no power cost (usable in base):

http://i.imgur.com/gttwYw3.jpg

Once sufficient with QS, she counters a 360° blitz from one of the fastest characters in the series (she's in the top 3, easy hs+/mhs):

http://m.imgur.com/G6tStel?r

Then she can power up via a percentage scale, increasing all stats by multitudes. Once she hits a certain point she becomes Teresa, who's Quicksword is so fast it vapes 100% people off panel despite them being in focus the entire time. Some context:

This is Priscilla, the fastest character in the series so much that she fodderizes the entire cast. She has just been cut entirely to dust and survived, reforming into 4 copies of herself. Teresa erases them all at once in seemingly one strike:

http://i.imgur.com/4A6YKHF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KZjdQ2n.jpg

http://m.imgur.com/ZehX6u1?r

Wewlad80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Wewlad80

@thelocust619 said:

@wewlad80: Probably faster.

One of Clare's first times using Quicksword, before she got good:

http://i.imgur.com/GoS6PwN.jpg

Windcutter, a slower version with no power cost:

http://i.imgur.com/gttwYw3.jpg

Counters a 360° blitz from one of the fastest characters in the series (she's in the top 3, easy hs+):

http://m.imgur.com/G6tStel?r

That First Feat looks impressive (She did the same kind of thing Fox did but not on the move and against automatic gunfire at the same time), Based on that shes easily Faster than Null and Right Below Gray Fox as far as metal gear speed is concerned (though she might have an even better feat that i dont know about). The Others Seem around Akame ga kill Level if not a little slower.

Yeah She Actually Wrecks Guts lol.

detacude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By detacude

@thatguywithheadphones said:

Equlize Speed and maybe we got a fight here, but until then

Guts get decimated. That's coming his self proclaimed biggest fan here.

Agreed, I've read both several times, while Guts is able to move and swing his sword fte and has some very impressive reaction feats the constant barrage Clare could dish out at speeds above anything in Berserk, equalize speed and this would be extremely interesting, I think I would give this to Guts 100% presuming he had Berserker armor, without armor its really close..

ZettoVii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By ZettoVii

Looking back, I guess its a mismatch even in base form... Clare has just gotten so much faster (and skilled) that her base is in a completely different league than what she was before facing Rigardo (she was barely super sonic before then, only QB being super/hyper). That said, I still think Guts is able to keep up with Clare when she first learned to use the Quickblade (with b-armor, though not necessarily berserking). While he is more than skilled and powerful enough to give Teresa trouble if their speed were equalized (Berserk Armor and Dragon Slayer + Schreike's magic is that powerful).

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Marishtar

@zettovii: I would maybe agree with the beginner version of Clare(except that she was already clearly supersonic), but you can absolutely forget Teresa even with equalized speed.

ZettoVii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By ZettoVii

@marishtar:Teresa would only really curbstomp Guts due to her speed being so much greater than Guts, that his skills, powers and gadgets simply does not matter. Otherwise, Guts is about as skilled, got some useful explosives, has a pretty tanky armor and has some heavy firepower if possessed by Schrieke.

Teresa would still win the majority even if their speed were equalized, but it would mostly due to her being able to use the supernatural skills indefinitely while Guts and Schrieke got a limited amount of gadgets and mana respectively. She would simply outlast their arsenal, while being able to overpower them without those limited buffs. So not exactly a stomp in that case, but victory no less.

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Marishtar

@zettovii: Guts lacks the durability, strength and regeneration to match Teresa, and Yoki makes that gap even bigger

So it would be still a stomp.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, how is Guts even comparable to Clare?

ZettoVii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By ZettoVii

@marishtar:

Its not really a stomp, because a stomp would imply that he wouldn't even be able to fight back. He still is pretty skilled, limitless stamina while wearing b-armor, and have experience on fighting enemies that got similar abilities to Teresa (just not on that speed, which wont be a prob if it is equalized). With Schrieke's magic buffs, Guts would be able to overpower her briefly. He also would be able to fly, and his gadgets would also be able to get some other elemental buffs. He wouldn't be able to win against Soul linked Teresa, but he sure would be able to slow her down for a while (until he runs out of ammo/magic).

@just_banter:

Guts can compare to Clare in that he fights similar type of monsters (except some with more magical elements), has a better arsenal and generally greater striking strength (until you count them at their best). They were about the same league until Clare got a massive speed increase after a certain arc. Although Guts also got a lot more skilled and now has some heavy magical backup, his speed and reaction time is only slightly better. So although they are still comparable in terms of skill and strength, the speed gap is currently so great that it wont matter.

So Guts can only really beat Clare before that north war arc, and/or if their speed is equalized (which will still be pretty close). While in the case of Teresa, although Schrieke's magic is comparable in terms of power and versatility, the problem is that it got a limited use. So all Guts can do is stall her and survive at best (unless its a fight to the death, in which case its just resisting the inevitable).

ZettoVii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But then again that is just under the assumption that Soul Teresa (which is what I'm going to call Clare's ver now) got a comparable health factor to Priscilla (someone who can instantly create new limbs/body parts). But if her health factor is instead only about as good as the original Teresa (low level, only good enough to heal some wounds and reattach freshly lost limbs), then Guts could win via cheapshots... But he would still lose the majority, and we don't really know how good Soul Teresa's hf is (she never got hit).

But yeah, my argument wasn't really that Guts would win, but that this match is not a stomp (which is only true to some extent).

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#115  Edited By ursaber

GUTS ANNIHILATES

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By katrurius17

@ursaber said:

GUTS ANNIHILATES

No Caption Provided

On topic: Clare god stomps(not even soul link is forbidden XD)

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

I agree guts is the better character and berserk is the superior manga, but he has no chance at winning against claire, not even counting teresa.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@ursaber said:

GUTS ANNIHILATES

No Caption Provided

On topic: Clare stomps without getting serious.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Guts wins, The End

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By katrurius17

@ursaber:

No Caption Provided

You have absolutely no idea who Clare is, right?

Guts wouldn't even see her, and is so extreme far inferior that this thread actually counts as incredible missmatch and should be locked.

Guts is a damn great character, but this is almost the Wonder Woman vs Wolverine superpower beatdown 2.0

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By thebuckaronatr

@ursaber said:

GUTS ANNIHILATES

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Massive missmatch.

Guts couldn't even try to fight back, cause Clare would just blitz him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished Claymore, Clare in no way stomps at all..

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guts.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By thelocust619

@queen_marceline: I'm curious...how not? Is matching Miria's mirage blitz and vaping 360° holes in Cassandra/Priscilla mid-dash somehow not enough?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619 said:

@queen_marceline: I'm curious...how not? Is matching Miria's mirage blitz and vaping 360° holes in Cassandra/Priscilla mid-dash somehow not enough?

That first one never really seemed to impress me. We've seen things like that done to death so many times in various manga.

That second one was only made possible due to all the warriors working together, allowing openings, ect.. the fight against Cassandra/Priscilla is hardly something that can be accredited to Clare by herself. And even then, it's not something that hasn't been done similarly by people/demons in Berserk.

I just don't feel like anything I saw in Claymore couldn't be reproduced by Guts in his Berserker armor or the demons he's fought against.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By thelocust619

@queen_marceline: Im not following...

How common of a trope it is doesn't exactly take away from the fact that Miria's mirage is significantly faster than anything Guts has ever successfully dealt with.

How Clare got the shot off isn't important, the fact that she can slice her sword enough times to vaporize everything in her reach WHILE she's moving is. That's literally thousands of times faster than Guts has ever done anything...it's like the raindrop scene from Devil May Cry 3, but better: easy mhs. What people in Berserk can do that?

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Equlize Speed and maybe we got a fight here, but until then

Guts get decimated. That's coming his biggest fan here.

2 years, and I'm still right.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvc-15: Right about the first part... lol

I can't watch the hundred man slayer scene without literally tearing up at how goddamn manly it is. Specifically when Caska and crew get back and try to process the carnage around them and how one of their own could possibly do all that. That's something beautiful. The only way you could like the series more is if you openly weep to it lol

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@tvc-15: Right about the first part... lol

I can't watch the hundred man slayer scene without literally tearing up at how goddamn manly it is. Specifically when Caska and crew get back and try to process the carnage around them and how one of their own could possibly do all that. That's something beautiful. The only way you could like the series more is if you openly weep to it lol

I got the brand on my nape.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvc-15: F&#$£;/,!!!! That's sick. I yield.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Clare Stomps

JohnnyBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gattsu is one of my favourite charachters ever.. don't get me wrong clare is awesome too.. but i prefer gattsu.. the thing is let's say gattsu is stronger.. even thought clare in her "awakened" state should be equal or stronger than him.. but lets give him the strength.. lets even say he is the better swordsman.. but the speed would be just way too much of a difference.. gattsu wouldn't be able to react at all, she would just slash his throat and it would be over.. remember when clare fought that LionKing guy.. the claymores in single digits couldn't even see them moving.. they just saw sparks from swords.. and clare has gotten much stronger since then.. sorry to say but gattsu wouldnt have any chance of defeating her... now if you equalize speed.. gattsu might have a chance.. but for him to really have a chance you would need to equalize speed + give him his berserket armor.. then we have a match.. but they wouldn't even fight anyway.. gattsu would probably be strolling by when he would see this blonde girl fighting a giant demon, thinking she's in trouble he would probably try to protect her and kill the demon and then clare would slowly start falling for him and forget about that shota boy

Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clare blitzes and clowns him

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#133  Edited By WollfMyth209

Yeah, Clare bodies him.

Combatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awakened Claire would reap Guts

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

GUTS ANNIHILATES

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Massive missmatch.

Guts couldn't even try to fight back, cause Clare would just blitz him.

Combatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clare awakens and turns into teresa and just destroys Guts completely... massive stomp.

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Rac95

Everything past Irenes arm-upgrade would be to fast for his reflexes. I mean look at this:

No Caption Provided

She creates ~40 (most likely more) "cuts" without visible movement

And she can use her technique to easily cleave a building to pieces

I don't see how cuts would come out of that unscathed, especially if she uses that technique continuously

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. Berserk is coming back.

Combatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even with Berserk back, Claire still outclasses Guts. She doesnt even need to transform into her awakened form to turn Guts into mush.

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@combatt said:

Even with Berserk back, Claire still outclasses Guts. She doesnt even need to transform into her awakened form to turn Guts into mush.

Yeah, Clare as fully powered Teresa with all of her friend's skill would be a massacre

Lilgodperv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clare