Guts (Berserk) Vs Tanjiro (Kimetsu no Yaiba)

• 121 results
KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rules

• EoS Versions
  • Win by death
  • No knowledge
  • Standard gear
  • In character
  • Starting distance is 20ft
  • Fight takes place on The Hill of Swords

Avatar image for deactivated-5f392956154f0
deactivated-5f392956154f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I want to say Guts wins, but I'm not sure.

PrinceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hacvent watched demon slayer.

but from what ive seen buts with the berserker armor takes it. i could be wrong.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EoS Versions

Does not compute.

For real though, Guts has no counter for See-Through World. He would get endlessly outplayed in melee. His only hope would be if letting the armor take over makes it hard to read him. There's no proof that would happen though, honestly Tanjiro should just outright beat him even in the armor. Superior speed, skill, agility, move reading (both See-Through World and smell), I think he has better cutting power too though I'm not certain.

The only game changer would be that there's serious risk of Tanjiro's sword getting broken by Dragon Slayer. We don't know what it takes to break his current sword though and as long he has STW a broken sword should be enough.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000:

Does not compute.

Lol, please read 'latest versions'.

For real though, Guts has no counter for See-Through World. He would get endlessly outplayed in melee. His only hope would be if letting the armor take over makes it hard to read him. There's no proof that would happen though, honestly Tanjiro should just outright beat him even in the armor.

Now that your CaV has finished, and just to stimulate a bit of debate here -- is there any proof Tanjiro can actually consciously activate See Through World? It hasn't been touched on since his battle with Akaza. Not to mention, it has been contended with by people who don't have the amp, and are inferior in speed (see Koku Vs Sanemi).

Superior speed, skill, agility, move reading (both See-Through World and smell), I think he has better cutting power too though I'm not certain.

Why'd you think superior in speed, skill and agility? Guts is an incredibly skilled swordsman, and the armour increases his agility quite drastically. Don't remember Guts every displaying any skill in move reading to be fair, so Tanjiro definitely beats him there. Cutting power probably goes to Tanjiro, but Gut's cutting power comes more from brute force/strength -- I can't see it being a massive factor in the battle to be fair.

The only game changer would be that there's serious risk of Tanjiro's sword getting broken by Dragon Slayer. We don't know what it takes to break his current sword though and as long he has STW a broken sword should be enough.

True, but it does put him at an even larger range disadvantage if his sword breaks.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guts is far too slow to win this.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09: Why’d you think so mate? Even in the Berserker Armour?

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mee09

@kingcrimson: Yeah even with Berserker armor he can't move fast enough to fight Tanjiro. Guts right now can casually fights at FTE speeds. But as we have seen he struggles greatly against opponents that move at the speed of sound. If Guts really pushes himself I think he can fight at Mach 2-3 with the Berserker armor. Maybe even Mach 4 (but this is unlikely right now). However Tanjiro is simply fighting at a much higher level of speed than that right now. He can see opponents that fight at Guts level of speed move in slow motion. As Guts gets stronger that will change. Because he needs to someone become strong enough to fight the likes of Griffith. But for now he isn't in the high hypersonic levels of speed yet.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I'll back Tanjirou as well.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson:

Now that your CaV has finished, and just to stimulate a bit of debate here -- is there any proof Tanjiro can actually consciously activate See Through World? It hasn't been touched on since his battle with Akaza. Not to mention, it has been contended with by people who don't have the amp, and are inferior in speed (see Koku Vs Sanemi).

Tanjiro was trying to access See Through World as soon as the fight with Muzan started. He just couldn't manage it in time since he was fatigued as hell from fighting Akaza and had to deal with FTE attacks.

With Kokushibou vs Sanemi, Sanemi honestly didn't last that long before his blood started messing with Koku. Moreover while Sanemi lasted defensively, he never made headway offensively. That's real problem: it's not impossible to defend against STW but thus far we've seen no one actually land hits against someone using it in one on one.

Why'd you think superior in speed, skill and agility? Guts is an incredibly skilled swordsman, and the armour increases his agility quite drastically.

Guts' feats are mainly FTE combat speed. He's clearly fast but nothing that stands out. The one time he fought a supersonic opponent he didn't do that well, even if he was hindered. He hasn't done anything like blitzing bullet timers or making afterimages that I can remember. Skill wise I don't see Guts as very advanced martially. He's competent, but his raw skill is less fleshed out compared to his stats. Tanjiro has more technical skill and better melee feats (Akaza).

Tanjiro is more acrobatic doing stuff like taking off Akaza's with a 360 degree spin in melee range. Guts' sword and armor don't lend to the same kind of manuverability. He should be able to get within the range of Dragon Slayer.

Don't remember Guts every displaying any skill in move reading to be fair, so Tanjiro definitely beats him there. Cutting power probably goes to Tanjiro, but Gut's cutting power comes more from brute force/strength -- I can't see it being a massive factor in the battle to be fair.

Guts' cutting power comes more from acceleration I'd say. He can build a huge amount of speed at the tip with minimal room as per Serpico fight.

The size of Dragon Slayer also makes it a lot easier to strike the flat perpendicular to the blade which could cut into it though I'm sure it has durability feats.

BlickGodStark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is some serious Guts lowballing going on here lol. though I'm not surprised given how he's treated on comic vine in general. I get that demon slayer is cool and what not right now but guts is more powerful than you guys are letting on. his durability and physical strength cant be matched by Tanjiro and the berserk armor basically makes him unkillable. and no one mentioned his other equipment like his crossbow or the arm cannon smh

JangoTheRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blickgodstark:

This is some serious Guts lowballing going on here lol. though I'm not surprised given how he's treated on comic vine in general. I get that demon slayer is cool and what not right now but guts is more powerful than you guys are letting on. his durability and physical strength cant be matched by Tanjiro and the berserk armor basically makes him unkillable. and no one mentioned his other equipment like his crossbow or the arm cannon smh

Alright so deadass, I made an account just to respond to this post. First Guts isn't really lowballed on this site. He's really not, I have seen threads of him vs Kratos and Thanos which should be really be locked but it's whatever. If anything he's occasionally wanked on this site to an ungodly degree. Second, I will concede that Guts have better durability and strength feats than Tanjiro, I doubt that any of that will be effective against Tanjiro's speed, skill, and agility. The dragon slayer would give him range but the mechanical flaw of that weaponry and other weapons of that caliber has been the inability to counterattack and defend flanks of the body (such as the knees, the shoulders, the neck, and the back) in quick succession because the size of the sword cripples maneuverability and the attack vectors are only limited to downward strikes and side to side swings. Tanjiro should have a fairly easy time penetrating Guts defenses and attacking. Thirdly that point about the berserk armor basically making him unkillable is a lie that has been passed away around by diehard Berserk fans, that man is not immortal lol. I could continue and talk about See Through World but honestly, that's unnecessary, as Guts have no answer for that anyways.

Avatar image for deactivated-5feaa59709606
deactivated-5feaa59709606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tanjiro has thunder breathing style when the user goes faster than lighting itself meaning that tanjiro is faster than lighting he blitzes guts really hard see through world itself is a mismatch see through world allows the user yo see every blood cell in the body there's no.way in hell that guts can get around that tanjiro has fire god breathing style which should be able to go through guts armor let me show you links why tanjiro would destroy guts(remember this is before eos tanjiro )

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ce6dhqGWdrA tanjiro scales to this tanjiro gen without his demon mark amp and see through word ability And tanjiro senses is better than inosuke who could sense people around the entire forest the forest was bigger than the village which is bigger than a city meaning tanjiros range of see through world is city wide even without his demon mark and see through world amp which amp his senses more than inosuke if you don't believe me tanjiros senses was said to be stronger than inosuke even without his see through world amp and inosuke did this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HN_aKsrDNi0 and tanjiro can cut through ruis strings this is belts

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7HFuCLUbuLU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ce6dhqGWdrA tanjiro scales to this tanjiro gen without his demon mark amp and see through word ability And tanjiro senses is better than inosuke who could sense people around the entire forest the forest was bigger than the village which is bigger than a city meaning tanjiros range of see through world is city wide even without his demon mark and see through world amp which amp his senses more than inosuke if you don't believe me tanjiros senses was said to be stronger than inosuke even without his see through world amp and inosuke did this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HN_aKsrDNi0 and tanjiro can cut through ruis strings this is belts

Tanjiro is cutting through that armor unless you prove otherwise guts debaters

Avatar image for firstmanofsteei
FirstManOfsteeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FirstManOfsteeI

@rmanao: Tanjiro doesn’t have the speed to deal with guts nor the skill or foresight, if guts goes berserk tanjiro dies immediately this was the same guy dodging hypersonic attacks before the armour and with it was dodging lightning attacks from geneshka probably spelt that wrong, guts is skilled enough to destroy swords while fighting, strong enough to destroy diamonds and cut through pillars, tanjiro’s sword won‘t even hold up tbh. Guts beats Tanjiro in almost everyway possible nevermind Guts fights people tanjiro could never hope to beat like Grunbeld, Zodd, other aposltes, hordes of demons everyday and entire armies, honestly Tanjiro would clock out in Berserk the moment he runs into Zodd.

Lord_Brookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lord_Brookie

@rmanao: It's clear that you haven't read a single chapter of Berserk. Tanjiro would get extremely messed up while fighting Guts. Guts has a lot experience and he has gone through a lot fucked up shit that tanjiro could never imagine. Void alone would solo the entire demon slayer universe.

Xernive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EoS/IC Tanjiro wins against EoS/IC Guts (Non BSA). BSA Guts would beat EoS Tanjiro.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone Who Thinks Guts Will Win Cav Me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actully Ill Explain Why Tanjiro Stomps

Lord_Brookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lord_Brookie

@rmanao: Why don't you educate yourself on both the characters. It's super clear that you haven't read berserk that's why what you're doing cannot be considered debating. You're only bringing Tanjiro's feats and being biased every way possible. I don't wanna debate with biased people at all. And by the way, Wtf does cav means!?!

RikuYamaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strength

Tanjiro Was So Strong He Could Hurt Muzan

No Caption Provided

Muzan Didnt Even Care When A Building Level Explosion Hit Him

No Caption Provided

Speed

Tanjiro Is Way Faster He Used The Thunder Breath Move

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Same One That Did This

Loading Video...

And Not To Mention His "See Through World" Which Amp His Abiltes Even More Than That

No Caption Provided

That Allows Him To See All Your Weak Points And Muscle Tension Meaning He Can Dodge Guts Attacks

No Caption Provided

And Not To Mention Tanjiros Fire God Breath Style

No Caption Provided

And Tanjiro With See Through World Blitzed The Upper Moon Akaza

No Caption Provided

And Akaza Was Faster Than Zenitsu And Zenitsu Blitzed Demon Lighting

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So Yeah Tanjiro Stomps And I Heard Guts Armor Slows Him Down Anyway Tanjiro Uses Waltz Flash And See Through World And Blitzes Guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_brookie: Im Biased Dude I Actully Gave Feats Unlike You Wanker

Lord_Brookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lord_Brookie

@rikuyamaha: Well, I cannot give you all of the feats of Guts because I am still reading Berserk but as far as I've read, here are some feats. Guts has survived the eclipse, he has fought a giant mothra moving high supersonic speed in his base, his sword dragonslayer has got soo much demon blood that it exists in another plane of existence, he has cut through diamonds with ease, he fought a giant sea god and completely destroyed it, he has fought the members of the god hand (although I am not sure about how powerful the members of the god hand are because I am still reading Berserk). I cannot explain it to you in detail because I am still reading Berserk and I don't want any spoilers. Well, there you go :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rikuyamaha: Well, I cannot give you all of the feats of Guts because I am still reading it but as far as I've read, here are some feats. Guts has survived the eclipse, he has fought a giant mothra moving high supersonic speed in his base, his sword dragonslayer has got soo much demon blood that it exists in another plane of existence, he has cut through diamonds with ease, he fought a giant sea god and completely destroyed it, he has fought the members of the god hand (although I am not sure about how powerful the members of the god hand are because I am still reading Berserk). I cannot explain it to you in detail because I am still reading Berserk and I don't want any spoilers. Well, there you go :)

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rikuyamaha: Well, I cannot give you all of the feats of Guts because I am still reading Berserk but as far as I've read, here are some feats. Guts has survived the eclipse, he has fought a giant mothra moving high supersonic speed in his base, his sword dragonslayer has got soo much demon blood that it exists in another plane of existence, he has cut through diamonds with ease, he fought a giant sea god and completely destroyed it, he has fought the members of the god hand (although I am not sure about how powerful the members of the god hand are because I am still reading Berserk). I cannot explain it to you in detail because I am still reading Berserk and I don't want any spoilers. Well, there you go :)

Hmmmm No Scans Huh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

RikuYamaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well from what you said, you didnt specify power of theses monsters so i am assuming all can at least take a building down. Also assuming this is Peak Tanjiro, he has Muzans regeneration and powers, meaning he could send out a Seizure wave to give him a Seizure or simply turn him into a demon with blood. Not to mention lightning fast moves.

Lord_Brookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rmanao: As I said, I have real world problems to deal with. And for your kind information, Guts has countered way worse than Tanjiro. So about show some feats of Guts huh? You calling me a wanker but you haven't even read berserk, Lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_brookie: Buddy I'm all caught up on Berserk. Have been for awhile as all of us Berserk fans are. And I'm still sticking with the same thing I said 10 months ago.

Guts isn't fast enough right now. He's just not. EOS Guts will probably be far stronger than Tanjiro and maybe everyone else in his verse if Guts himself gets an anime power up to defeat Griffith. But right now he's not there yet and won't be for awhile. There are MANY characters in his verse that would merk Tanjiro though. But Guts is not one of them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09: What Charaters Would Merk Tanjiro

RikuYamaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09: Curious To See If Everyone In His Verse Is Not Fodder Compared To Guts I Though Guts Defeated Griff After Griff You know did To His Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rikuyamaha: Goku Ki Blastes My Hero And Every Verse Expect That Time I Got Recarninated As A Slime And And Sinbad Blinks Every Verse Away

RikuYamaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RikuYamaha

@rmanao said:

@rikuyamaha: I Said Gon

Weird

-Edit my mad, mistaked Deku with Goku. Yeah Gon would win

@rmanao said:

@rikuyamaha: Goku Ki Blastes My Hero And Every Verse Expect That Time I Got Recarninated As A Slime And And Sinbad Blinks Every Verse Away

Weird but ok

-Edit my bad

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rmanao: Well I'm not that guy. But I'd like to chime in and say that I think current Deku probably does beat Gon. 100% Deku definitely would. But neither are beating Adult Gon... I think... Now that I think about it 100% Deku might beat Adult Gon at this point. He was definitely hitting Overhaul at All Might levels and we know that All Might was stronger than the giant guy who was putting holes in mountains.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rmanao: Skull Knight would absolutely demolish him.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Mee09

@rmanao: Guts has not defeated Griffith yet. He's no where near strong enough to take on the Godhand right now. The Godhand are actually OP enough to solo a lot of anime verses.

The author of Berserk is notably slow when it comes to releasing chapters.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Mee09

@lord_brookie: You are ignoring the entire context of the fight and he absolutely didn't solo it. I've read the manga buddy and that guy is one of my favorite characters in it.

I won't let you spread false information.

Lord_Brookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09: Oh! My bad! I mean he destroyed it from inside. Actually I am new to comic vine and I am still reading Berserk. So, sorry I guess.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Griff vs Naruto