• Win is by death or complete KO
  • Starting distance is 20ft
  • In character
  • No knowledge
  • Fight takes place in a gladiators arena
#2 Posted by Toratorn (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone except Daredevil solos.

#3 Posted by shirso (4462 posts) - - Show Bio

All of them gets slaughtered. Cage is far too slow to even touch Guts.

#4 Posted by DeathHero61 (18831 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso: isn't Danny a good match for Guts? How does he solo them all?

#5 Posted by shirso (4462 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: I am pretty sure Guts is faster , has far better reach with the DS and can one shot. And the version pictured is Berserker armor Guts.

#6 Posted by DeathHero61 (18831 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso: Well I need to read Beserk again then.

#7 Posted by Cergic (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

Guts sword is a bit too OP. Soul /spiritkilling and all that

#8 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (14706 posts) - - Show Bio

Guts gets overwhelmed.

#9 Posted by KingCrimson (5658 posts) - - Show Bio

@cergic: Nobody here is a spirit or otherworldly entity though, so I don’t think that will be really relevant.

#10 Posted by jashro44 (53144 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn said:

Everyone except Daredevil solos.

Jessica Jones solos?

#11 Posted by Cergic (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingcrimson:

.... I know. But everyone here has a spirit or soul (dictated by Berserk verse rules) and we know that if the spirit dies the body dies. Regen is only good for the flesh, not the spirit. Im pretty much saying: they dead if they get cut badly enough due to spiritkilling.

#12 Posted by Toratorn (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: pretty sure she drew blood from Atlas once and was beating the shit out of Moonstone. Is this consistent for her?

#13 Posted by jashro44 (53144 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn said:

@jashro44: pretty sure she drew blood from Atlas once and was beating the shit out of Moonstone. Is this consistent for her?

I'm not sure. Looking at her respect thread I don't think her piercing resistance is that high. She was cut by the owl with a knife. The cut didn't go deep but it left a scar.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/jessica-jones-earth-616-respect-thread-1862900/

I kind of got the impression her durability is super human but she isn't invulnerable. Her durability seems more like spider-man's than it does Luke Cage's.

#14 Posted by Toratorn (7274 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by KingCrimson (5658 posts) - - Show Bio

@cergic: There’s nothing that indicates the sword attacks the soul like you’re suggesting. Literally it’s only feat in that vein is effecting Slan’s astral body - nothing that indicates it causes soul damage by cutting regular humans.

#16 Posted by jashro44 (53144 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn said:

@jashro44: her respect thread also shows her dodging gunfire and clocking Spock right after he brags about spider-sense, so I kinda assumed her durability won't be an issue and she can just blitz. From what I've heard of Guts, he isn't particularly fast.

I heard guts was super sonic. Also looking at those scans I can't tell if she is dodging those bullets or if there missing. As for SpOck he was in the middle of monologuing and has shown at times he can get distracted with his thoughts:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

#17 Posted by Toratorn (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I mean, she looks like she's actively dodging them to me. If RT is to be believed, the shooter is Maria Hill's LMD, so it would be strange if she (it?) were a terrible shot.

As for Spock, I don't think that occasion you posted portrays a situation where he was in danger, and therefore, spider-sense wasn't going off . I don't think spider-sense can be caught off-guard unless you're explicitly faster than it.

#18 Edited by Cergic (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingcrimson:

There literally is since everything has a spirit in the berserk world, and Guts sword damages the spirit. And no, there is more than that single action since the narrative is explicit and tells us that the Dragonslayer now resides in two planes and causes harm on both planes. You may not like it and wish to dismiss it but we Literally have source material on that claim and we literally get to see it in action, but its part of the swords nature now. Literally.

#19 Posted by baph (2002 posts) - - Show Bio

Defenders stomp.

#20 Posted by KingCrimson (5658 posts) - - Show Bio

@cergic: Lol, it’s not that I don’t like it, I just don’t agree with your interpretation of that scene.

#21 Edited by Cergic (1205 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by KingCrimson (5658 posts) - - Show Bio

@cergic: That mentions nothing about his sword doing damage to people’s souls. She just states that he can harm spiritual beings with it.

Again, different interpretations.

Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
#23 Posted by Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate (1677 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no way he's beating them all at once, Guts is my favorite character but I don't even think he could take Luke Cage in a 1v1

#24 Posted by AValiantImge (368 posts) - - Show Bio

oooh man I like Guts I really do but Luke Cage and IronFist at the same imo is too much. Isn't Luke Cage extremely durable to the point of ridiculousness for a street tier. And Ironfist one shots helicarriers? All that is too much for Guts unless of course the vine has been feeding bullshit highballed versions of those two. Only LC and IF matter, JJ and DD are non-factors.

#25 Posted by SmoothSanta (2470 posts) - - Show Bio

Defenders

#26 Edited by Cergic (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingcrimson:

Yes, but you said "Literally it’s only feat in that vein is effecting Slan’s astral body - nothing that indicates it causes soul damage by cutting regular humans" which is untrue since we see Guts permanently killing spirits from people left and right at night, and the page i linkes to also solidifies that aspect of the sword. Furthermore both Griffith and the oracle tells us about how spirit reside within everyone during life and on earth afterwards (we even see Griffith collect them during it) and iirc the old witch also describes the spirit as active and within everything. You have to do a good 'ol 1 + 1.

Whether or not you share that is of course up to you. But thats the premise for me in this battle. Without that aspect Guts is stomped

#27 Posted by Gokluma (8799 posts) - - Show Bio

Guts is a good fighter but not that good at facing all of the Defenders by himself.

#28 Posted by shirso (4462 posts) - - Show Bio

Guts is faster than just supersonic

#29 Posted by Emperorb777 (11292 posts) - - Show Bio

The only threats are Danny an Luke and Luke doesn't have the speed or skill to keep up.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#30 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6580 posts) - - Show Bio