Grizzly Bear Vs Gorilla

odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351  Edited By odinforce
SA Pre-Retcon Post Crisis GA Pre- Annihilation Gorilla stomps.
TheFlash4740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#352  Edited By TheFlash4740

I wish a Gorilla and Bear would just fight already so we can end all this babble bs...

idukid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353  Edited By idukid

Been done http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXzN3AyXR9w Sortof

coSmic_cUbeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354  Edited By coSmic_cUbeR
@Dreadnaught said:
" And a grizzly bear can kill a one ton moose without much trouble, and it has claws.  The gorilla looses. "
bear lose all the time
Skies327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355  Edited By Skies327

The Gorilla takes this. Why? We're talking a highly intelligent animal with more mobility than the Grizzly. Not to say a Grizzly is stupid, but Gorillas have shown very capable of problem solving and the like. If they were to face off in a biting contest, or some strength grapple, I can see the Grizzly winning, but the Gorilla has more tools to win with. Leaping, a wider range of arm movement, etc. Two animals with similar size and strength, the Gorilla is coming out on top due to a wider range of tactics.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356  Edited By Freefa11
@Mayday_ said:
1500lb Grizzly against a 500lb Silverback? No contest. Grizzly 10/10.  "

The OP specified that both animals were 500 lbs, which is why people are using a 500 lb grizzly. Everyone already knows bears get much larger than that, and the bigger they get, the more obviously one-sided the fight becomes, which is exactly why they were made the same size for this thread. 

Also, I was under the impression that the Grizzly was a specific subspecies of Brown Bear, not the other way around.
lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#357  Edited By lagoon_boy
Should be moved to off topic. Not one animal in this thread is from a comic. LOL!
Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

The Bear has claws / teeth, and can crush the Gorillas skull with a smack from it's paw

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@erik:
The Bear can crush the Gorillas skull with a smack from it's paw, and the Bear has teeth and claws
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360  Edited By ssejllenrad
@odinforce said:
" SA Pre-Retcon Post Crisis GA Pre- Annihilation Gorilla stomps. "
Did it say in the OP that we're using the strongest incarnations? I think not. Dude we're using canon here. So it's post-retcon post-crisis post-annihilation post-zero hour post-infinite crisis modern age 616 Gorilla. No SA Gorilla, no AoA Gorilla, No KC Gorilla, no nuthin! Peace!
deathlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361  Edited By deathlife

I'm not sure a Gorilla's intelligence will factor into this fight.

A fight between these two will basically be them grappling with each other. A Gorilla will not see a Bear and carry out some tactical analysis and start some "Gorilla MMA" or "Gorilla Judo" as some here have suggested. I don't think Gorillas know how to throw punches or if it knows how to crush the skull of the bear. If the Bear attacks, the Gorilla will attack back and try and fight it anyway it can. I really don't know much about Gorilla fighting because they are not natural predators but i do know that the Grizzly knows how to kill because it was built to do it.

I will give this to the Grizzly because of its claws and it's fangs.

Mayday_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362  Edited By Mayday_
@Freefa11 said:

" @Mayday_ said:

1500lb Grizzly against a 500lb Silverback? No contest. Grizzly 10/10.  "

The OP specified that both animals were 500 lbs, which is why people are using a 500 lb grizzly. Everyone already knows bears get much larger than that, and the bigger they get, the more obviously one-sided the fight becomes, which is exactly why they were made the same size for this thread.  Also, I was under the impression that the Grizzly was a specific subspecies of Brown Bear, not the other way around. "

I'm aware of this, but I'm addressing the fact that he thinks a 500lb Silverback can deal with a 1000-1500lb Grizzly. It's not happening unless the Silverback's intelligence allows it to build a .50 caliber gattling gun. A 500lb Grizzly against a 500lb Silverback still swings in favor of the bear, considering a gorilla can't do anything but try to club the bear to death, which isn't going to happen. Actually, the example I made about the Grizzly tossing around a 700 lb dumpster effortlessly, like it was a beachball, was the smaller 500 lb Grizzly.

And you are correct in that Grizzlies started as a subspecies of Brown Bear located in North America (ursus arctos horribilis), but the term "Grizzly" has lately been broadened to mean the entire "ursus arctos" family of bears. The Kodiak Bear (Alaskan Grizzly), Siberian Grizzly, and Kamchatka Grizzly are the largest species that can weigh anywhere from 1200 to 1600 lbs.

@Skies327

said:

" The Gorilla takes this. Why? We're talking a highly intelligent animal with more mobility than the Grizzly. Not to say a Grizzly is stupid, but Gorillas have shown very capable of problem solving and the like. If they were to face off in a biting contest, or some strength grapple, I can see the Grizzly winning, but the Gorilla has more tools to win with. Leaping, a wider range of arm movement, etc. Two animals with similar size and strength, the Gorilla is coming out on top due to a wider range of tactics. "

Gorillas are intelligent but this is against a creature that is not its natural enemy. It has no instinctive "tactics" to deal with such an vicious animal. A gorilla's intelligence does not allow it to sit and think of a tactical strategy to take out a creature it knows nothing about. They're not THAT intelligent. Besides, my video clearly shows that even the smallest species of bear can hang with a stronger, faster opponent that actually has matching claws, a jaw that's also made for killing, and is actually a predatory animal. Now just think of what a bear can do against a smaller opponent that doesn't have the same weapons. It's a complete stomp in favor of the bear.
leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#363  Edited By leonkarlen123

The Gorilla gets clawed in the stomach and its guts spils all over the place.

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GORILLA WINS!!!!

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

500 pounds is a Black Bear, not a Grizzly Bear.

The Grizzly still has huge claws that could cleave the Gorilla open and it has a speed advantage.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Bump

Aimless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toning down the weight of the Bear just makes it much more agile since its muscles are used to moving a body thrice the given weight.

Every other advantage lies with the Bear,though the bite of a Gorilla shouldn't be underestimated

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So a creature as strong as the Gorrila, and armed with knives for hands and fangs.... Bear wins. Really, it's common sense.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorilla

Intellect advantage

Arm strength advantage

Mobility advantage

I believe durability as well. As others have said, the gorilla should be able to tank a good swipe from the bear, while the bear wont survive its head being spun around

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bear.

Claws. Weight. Fur.

EtherProbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371  Edited By EtherProbe

@cooldes: A gorilla cannot spin a bear's beat around. That's ridiculous.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etherprobe: i think it could, but even so it was hyperbole

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
deactivated-5b84aca03eae8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grizzly

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderpigbart: Ok, Let me break this down for you. Since you are very misinformed.

Lets start by size. The gorilla is 400 lbs. The bear is 650 lbs. Instant advantage for the bear.

The bear stands 6.5 ft tall. The gorilla is 5'5 max. This is what the fight would look like

No Caption Provided

The gorillas hand isn't meant to swipe the necks off a ton moose. Plus they don't have claws

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Look at the difference between the two.

Gorillas are just big strong humans. They aren't durable at all. Leopards are known to efficiently hunt and kill gorillas on a daily basis. Bears kill tigers. Surely you don't think tigers are leopards are in the same class do you?

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 takenstew22  Moderator

Gorilla's only advantage is intelligence and (possibly) fighting skill. The Bear is just too physically strong and ferocious for the ape.

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karanrasquinha: Leopards don't attack full grown Silverbacks. They go for young gorilla's.

I think the Gorilla is physically stronger than a Grizzly.

Avatar image for theserbianempire
TheSerbianEmpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: Actually, the Bear probably has superior fighting "skill" as it more frequently hunts other animals and would have more experiance.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 takenstew22  Moderator
Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bear stomps.

tethadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How would this fight go if the grizzly claws were cut? Both 500 pounds.

Avatar image for theserbianempire
TheSerbianEmpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tethadam: Well, I would imagine both would be relatively equal in overall strength, I don't have studies on how robust bear bones are in comparison to gorilla bones, but I will say this.

The Bear would likely have superior horizontal spine flexebility, which is important in grappling, the Bear would have the tougher skin due to its fur and it possesing more loose and flexible skin. The Bear would also possess the advantage in biting, since its skull and dentation are superior to the Gorilla.

Overall, this match is terribly onesided, leopards have killed gorillas in the past.

tethadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382  Edited By tethadam
Reap_ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bear in a mismatch

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 takenstew22  Moderator

If this was a Black Bear would it be a more even fight?

Reap_ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this was a Black Bear would it be a more even fight?

I think the bear still wins because the gorilla's skin isn't built for fighting bears and he will lose to blood loss every time.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 takenstew22  Moderator
KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387  Edited By KanyeCosby

Bear stomps

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

And your winner is...................

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Bear

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bear Everytime I don't know why this isn't locked already please lol. Leapords kill gorrillas, Grizzlies can kill any big cats. Gorilla skin isn't nearly as durable or durable enough for those huge grizzly claws

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoothsanta: Heres a source. Established predators of the western lowland gorilla are leopards

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopard_attack

Lets look at this from another angle. Bears have been documented to kill tigers. Please don't tell me that you think a gorilla can beat a tiger..

Ninelven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this even a discussion.

A full grown grizzly stomps.

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karanrasquinha: There's a page called gorillas-worlds which covers their predators, and talks about Leopards being known to kill male lowland gorilla's, but will avoid a Silverback gorilla due to them being much stronger.

Yes I've heard off bears killing tigers, but I've also heard bears are part of a tigers diet.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bear eats that monkey.

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19437aca87d
deactivated-5f19437aca87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol the bear lolstomps the gorilla hasn't claws, the Bear is sooooo strong for the gorilla hahaha jaguar can beat gorilla

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

<p><span data-message-user="reply"><a href="/profile/hulk_like_fire/" rel="" data-target="" data-embed-type="mention" data-ref-id="" data-user-slug="hulk_like_fire" data-mce-search-selected-title="" data-message="reply">@hulk_like_fire</a></span>: because the bear would clearly win ;)</p>

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

<p><span data-message-user="reply"><a href="/profile/hulk_like_fire/" rel="" data-target="" data-embed-type="mention" data-ref-id="" data-user-slug="hulk_like_fire" data-mce-search-selected-title="" data-message="reply">@hulk_like_fire</a></span>: because the bear would clearly win ;)</p>

wtf am I looking at?

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers