• No BFR

Is He Really This Good?

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

With full knowledge gringelwald might likely win this.

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont see how HP verse magic touches a literal diety such as Thor. Lesser creatures such as dragons and giants in HP verse are nigh-immune to their magic.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@cergic: He's not some higher deity. He's an Alien. The rules of the HP verse are what's keeping those creatures immune but Thor himself doesn't follow those same rules and unless better reasoning is used would be able to fall by them

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cergic: He's not some higher deity. He's an Alien. The rules of the HP verse are what's keeping those creatures immune but Thor himself doesn't follow those same rules and unless better reasoning is used would be able to fall by them

The thickness and durability of dragonhide is what made them nigh-immune to spells IIRC. Thor's skin with the added layer of Asgardian armor is at the very least as durable, so it should make him largely resistant. And he could easily block any aimed charms with his hammer the same way he deflected Loki's beams or Chitauri blasts. On the other hand, I'm not sure if Grindelwald is reacting to a Mjolnir throw, and he's certainly not reacting to lightning

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheTruthIII

@xlr87t3 said:

@thetruthiii: TL;DR

Thor rapestomps this guy

Probably. But I haven't seen Crimes of Grindelwald yet, so maybe I'm missing something. Still a little hesitant to arrive at this conclusion

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please tell me this is a joke. Fiendfyre isn't doing anything to Thor, and Grindelwald's not going to evade him forever. Likewise, I doubt AK will work on him, and even if it does he uses Stormbreaker to block it.

Thor one-shots.

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ArkhamAsylum3

@breakofdawn said:

Please tell me this is a joke. Fiendfyre isn't doing anything to Thor, and Grindelwald's not going to evade him forever. Likewise, I doubt AK will work on him, and even if it does he uses Stormbreaker to block it.

Thor one-shots.

I'd say AK could work on him if it hit him.

However that is not happening. At least not before Thor one shots him.

Grindelwald dies quickly and brutally.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Anybody else think that this was going to be current 616 Thor for a second?

Thor stomps.

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cergic

@stormshadow_x:

You can be a diety, and an alien. Not exclusive.

And Thor is having them beat in every single category except physical size, pal. You are the one who has to explain why Thor would succumb to spells muuuuuch weaker things than him resists.

Besides, a mothers power of love gave the middle finger to AK spell, and Thor is obviously stronger than Harrys mom by astronomical length, going by scaling.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HitTheAssasin

Grindelwald could actually win this after the last movie and the buff the verse seems to have gotten in general. Thor probably still takes a majority, but it's in no way a stomp.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imperius should work wonders here

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor splatters him on the sidewalk

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cergic said:

@stormshadow_x:

You can be a diety, and an alien. Not exclusive.

And Thor is having them beat in every single category except physical size, pal. You are the one who has to explain why Thor would succumb to spells muuuuuch weaker things than him resists.

Besides, a mothers power of love gave the middle finger to AK spell, and Thor is obviously stronger than Harrys mom by astronomical length, going by scaling.

That's nice but MCU Thor isn't a deity he's just an alien.

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cergic

@emperorb777:

Depends. Widow disagrees with you. So does a few others in the MCU.

Not that i give a shit in the end, it's just a label, not the main point i am making. Semantics is uninteresting here.

RanaProGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Thor, pretty sure he Gellert has nothing that can hurt Thor.

Daisy_Johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grindelwald could actually win this after the last movie and the buff the verse seems to have gotten in general. Thor probably still takes a majority, but it's in no way a stomp.

Pretty much this. He's pretty much a glass canon to Thor but there's a lot he can do to keep Thor busy or down. Also he could kill Thor through dissipating him, Grindelwald dusted a lot of Wizards like nothing. It's it's a close match depending how much Grindelwald can block Thor's lightening. In that case Thor needs to physically strike him and Grindelwald's reaction time is shown to be quite high by HPverse standards. Without BFR it might be more in Thor's favor, with BFR Grindelwald wins easily. This one goes either way, I'm almost hesitant of saying slight majority for Thor but it likely is, but LOL to anyone who thinks it's a stomp.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Full knowledge should be an advantage for Thor, because Grindelwald is by far more versatile while Thor is very one dimensional. I'm going with Thor, because while Grindelwald's magic/skill is batshit insane in terms of power (compared to other HP characters), he hasn't shown hax spells that Thor wouldn't be able to avoid/block, and his raw power means nothing against Thor.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor should be able to block The Killing Curse with Mjolnir and use his flight, lightning and winds to tag Grindelwald. He isn't going to be able to make this a physical fight considering Grindelwald can Apparate at will. Grindelwald can probably win a minority in an encounter if he opts for using subtlety and diversion against Thor. He'll probably end up winning against this Thor by the end of the new movies, can't wait for the Dumbledore fight, which I have a feeling he will actually win.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although if you scale Grindelwald from Voldemort, who busted a shield that enveloped all of Hogwarts and disintegrated people on contact, he can hurt Thor.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imperious curse solos

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol Thor spite STOMPS

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Buckwheat

Thor FTW

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Richubs

If Avada Kedavara works he wins. Crucify, Imperio and other spells like these will also be useful.

However Thor would one shot if it doesn't work.

Wizards have excellent teleportation so it's great.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c
deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HP Wizards are actually glass cannons whose spells have no answer to durability.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq said:

Although if you scale Grindelwald from Voldemort, who busted a shield that enveloped all of Hogwarts and disintegrated people on contact, he can hurt Thor.

Well, Grindelwald's own blue fire (Protego Diabolica) was insane as well.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wrathofthebrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor stomps.

Zuriel-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Zuriel-el

can't grindelwald teleport behind him and Avada Kedavra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs honestly, I'd ask for durability anti-feats when it comes to bypass arguments like these, and AFAIK more durable giants (and Hagrid as he's half) have no-sold single spell effects, and tanked repeated attempts.

@eredin12 said:

@rajjar: Avada kadvara ignores physical durability since it does not damage the body at all but kills and spells like Curcio and imperio should disable thor long enaugh that Avada kadavra tags him and kills him and Grindwald is very fast himself and that with his teleportation should prevent him from being tagged.

Seems like an NLF to me. Grindelwald can't overcome Mjolnir's enchantment, and Thor could use it to deflect the spells even if AK doesn't follow the same rules as Stupefy.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkhamasylum3: Why? It can’t pierce dragon hide. Why would it pierce an asgardian? That makes no sense.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look I like HP too but lol Thor is way more durable then anything in the HP U and can one shot failry easily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@rajjar: I can say for example Fox professor x cannot control DCEU superman mind because he never controlled anyone as durable as Superman, so it is NFL, but that is just stupid, again telepathy and magic are not same as physical durability. It has nothing to do with that

"AFAIK more durable giants (and Hagrid as he's half) have no-sold single spell effects, and tanked repeated attempts."

That is becase of them having magical resistance since they are magical creatures, we have seen arrow cut giant like paper, he is not more durable than human, at least not much on another hand we have see wizards destroy very thick concrete-like paper with spells, destroy entire street, mountain( much more durable thing than any Gaiant ) , concrete is much more durable than skin of giants, but again they have magical resistance since they are magical creatures, and still no giant or large creature tanked Avada kadavra ever, only some low-level stunning curse , so Avada Kadavra works against them but most wizards don't use Unforgivable Curses, Agin Thor cannot block Avada Kadavra with hammer , Avada Kadavra can be blocked by objects that are true but only if it hits something like a statue, table but if it hammer that you hold it will kill you, for example your cloths do not protect you from spell it spredy over your entire body and kills you, if it hit mjolnir it would spread over and touch Thor's arm and he would be dead, and Grindwald can just use crucio and imperio to disable thor so that he cannot deflect it with Hammer, and Thor would not be able to tagg him becase of his speed and teleprotation

That's the thing. How is Stupefy low-level? And how does that matter? Expelliarmus was able to match Avada Kedavra, even though that might have been due to Priori Incantatem.

The reason I said NLF is because there's no proof that there is a distinction, since by your logic there is no limit to who Avada Kedavra can one-shot in any verse, b/c of slippery slope. Can it kill Galactus and LT? Mxy? TOAA? The problem with that, is that from the movies TDW to IW, Thor's uru weapons, along with his power, have no-sold, resisted, and disrupted the warping effects of something that >>>>>>>> all cinematic magic, which is the MCU Reality Stone.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 cocacolaman  Moderator  Online

Thor throws Mjolnir at him and one shots him.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 cocacolaman  Moderator  Online

@eredin12: Grindelwald might react to it, but he couldn’t block it if he tried, Mjolnir has feats far above anything Grindelwald could pull up in the time he’d have to react to the hammer. His curse would get dodged too, as Thor would have full knowledge on him. And once Thor has Mjolnir back, he can hit Grindelwald with lightning, which GW can’t tank or dodge on his life. I’d also argue that Thor could tank anything short of the Killing Curse casually.

Nervedamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: I don't see why people like to lowball HP they have pretty crazy hax compared recent showings Grindwald literally sandboxes thor around until he gets bored. I don't see a contest since Thor says it himself that their magic is just insanely advance technology. If Doctor strange would have been added to the mix of all this there would be a different story but due to the sentence, Thor stated I mentioned. I'm giving it to Grindelwald. Grindelwald has the arsenal and magic to deal with Thor. He's a threat, the fact that he's given Dumbledore trouble should give people insight on how powerful and versatile he really is. He'll be able to dodge anything if he can react to it, he's good with quick casting.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 cocacolaman  Moderator  Online

@eredin12: Apparation was shown to be catchable bye throwing knife. Even if Grindelwald is faster than Dobby, Thor is faster than Bellatrix, so Grindelwald can’t apparate away. Please give me a single point of reference for anyone below Grindelwald even being a building buster.

Mjolnir would definitely break it. Mjolnir sent Malekith flying over a hundred feet through two stone pillars. Nothing shown by anyone less than The Big 3 compares to that.

Consider Thor’s feats. He tanked getting hit multiple times by Ultron, a robot made of vibranium. Afterwards, he survived an explosion that vaporized hundreds of thousands of tons of Sokovia and a massive fall, at least multiple miles.

Thor could block the spells with Mjolnir or just keep dodging them. They have no feats saying they are too fast for Thor.

The rest of that is just OOC, Grindelwald, nor any Wizard, would do things like this consistently.

Grindelwald cannot dodge Lightning. That is a simple fact. Lightning moves at 61 miles per second, which is enough to cross the distance between Thor and Grindelwald in a hundredth of a millisecond. Grindelwald’s less-than-bullet-timing reactions couldn’t even perceive the lightning before he was dead. Also, please tell me when Grindelwald used teleportation like Voldemort did.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@rajjar: "Stupefy is low level compared spell compared to Avada kadavra because Avada kadavra deals very different type of damage then Stupefy, no Giant or Dragon ever tanked Avada Kadavra and survived, only Love magic can protect you, like you said that was because of Priori Incantatem, we have seen magical shields from much weaker wizards than Voldemort and Greenwald no soled building busting attacks like nothing , those shields can easily stop Stupefy but cannot stop Avada Kadavra .

Now Avda kadavra is like telepathy if you have proof that you can tank magic like that, then you can tank it, it would not work on MXY but it would easily work on beings like MCU Thor and Hulk since they have no evidence to prove they can resist it , it is HAX, did Thanos ever snap out of existence someone as fast as DCEU superman? probably not, but can he? Yes.

"Thor's uru weapons, along with his power, have no-sold, resisted, and disrupted the warping effects of something that >>>>>>>> all cinematic magic, which is the MCU Reality Stone".

Thor's hammer never tanked any reality warping, if you mean thanos energy beam, that is just energy beam, and Like I said one Avada kadavra would easily one shoot him that is why Grindwald beats him, he does not need to destroy hammer, he only needs to kill Thor .

Reality stone is reality warping bro. If Thor can disrupt the Aether, which is near galaxy level in destructive output given that Yggdrasil is literally a galaxy sized cosmic nimbus he can disrupt any magic or magic source in the HP verse. None of that magic is more powerful than any of the Infinity Stones, and uru has been resistant to the Stone's warping since it failed to work against Stormbreaker.

HP magic doesn't earn the hax bypass on this vine, especially when even giants are durable enough to resist it. Sure, giants don't have good piercing durability, but their blunt force durability is much greater than a wizard. The crux of your argument is that giants have hax durability, which isn't the case since even Hagrid has that durability from physicals alone due to his giant genes. Unless you are trying to claim hax resistance can be genetically passed on, which is the only way your argument can fit in the canon of the HP verse if you include Hagrid's feats.