Grey Worm vs Jon Snow

• 87 results
#1 Posted by nfactor1995 (13475 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Current versions. Standard gear/weaponry, to the death.

Who wins and why?

#2 Posted by Sy8000 (36026 posts) - - Show Bio

Grey Worm should be better in everything except weapons.

#3 Posted by SpicedRum (229 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure Longclaw is gonna slice Grey Worm's staff in half, going with Jon

#4 Posted by CuckedCurry (1047 posts) - - Show Bio

Jon.

#6 Posted by OptimusPalm (2387 posts) - - Show Bio

Grey Worm. Faster, and arguably more skilled and stronger.

#7 Posted by Jack_Hart (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

Spear and shield beats sword.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aad0467ddfcf
#8 Posted by deactivated-5aad0467ddfcf (965 posts) - - Show Bio

jon has far better and more showings

#9 Edited by BruceVeidt (3570 posts) - - Show Bio

Jon has far more impressive feats.

Grey Worm can sit holding a sword for 7 hours and stand still for 24 but doesn't have better combat feats than Jon.

And spear and shield does NOT beat sword.

#10 Posted by the_red_viper (12896 posts) - - Show Bio

Worm.

#11 Posted by Trixie (998 posts) - - Show Bio

jon snow

#12 Posted by Infinity_War (7 posts) - - Show Bio

It looked like Jon Snow and Grey Worm were about to fight in the recent episode, maybe in the finale.

#13 Posted by SocaJunkie (9659 posts) - - Show Bio

Jon has a pretty big weapons advantage, that wooden spear isn’t going to do well against Vayrian steel.

#14 Posted by WollfMyth209 (17536 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with GreyWorm.

Jon's only edge is weaponry; stats, reach and skill all belong to the leader of the Unsullied.

Avatar image for swordofdamocles
#15 Edited by SwordofDamocles (518 posts) - - Show Bio

Well both of them where destroying with no effort at all every Lannister soldiers who come accros them. While Grey Worm was very agressive and bloodlusted , Jon snow killed only the soldiers who attacked him. So we can't say Greyworm did better.

It's heavily implied they might fight next episode. If Jon beat him, we will have our answer.

The problem is, every time Jon fought a established opponent:

-He lost against Karl, although Karl was in advantage in that fight. He could have arguably beat him without the close quarters restriction.

-Jon did very well, but Styr was winning the fight in almost every way, Jon win in a fair way sure (for a fight to the death during a battle), but he was quite lucky to be honest. In another contest Styr would have killed him.

-Halfhand holded back

(and they where are all weaker than Greyworm)

Although I think anyone would agree, Jon is a better fighter now. Hardhome, BoB, Wight hunt, Great Battle of Winterfell, Battle of King's Landing.

The fact is Jon never was in a huge battle/confrontation when he fought those guys. Battle of Bastards was the first. And it's likely a fact, huge battle make the young fighter/hero stronger.

Im going with Grey Worm, because his fighting style is VERY impressive (The guy fight with a f*** spears and a shield, and still, he is able to stomp multiple fully armored opponents , coming from various direction effectively) but I could change my opinion if people show me good arguments.

#16 Edited by dark_globe (734 posts) - - Show Bio

last night it looked like they will fight each other .
jon gave him that "yeah lets see what you can do against an equal opponet" look .
they certainly don´t like each other after last episode .

also note grey worm was out of his mind and fully bloodlusted going berserk on lannister soldiers
while jon was holding back and did not even want to fight and he still was pretty much one shotting any lannister soldier attacking him

goin with jon , i think he might kill grey worm in the finale .

the episode was terrible and full of cringeworthy moments by the way .

i´m also pretty sure varys knew what was coming for him and was still one step ahed ,
he was planning to poison danny at the beggining of the episode but she did not want to eat anything so his plan failed

#17 Posted by Six-Deuce (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

The season has been terrible, same as last season. That said, Jon can and would beat Grey Worm...I think he will end the season alive and sailing back to meereen with Dany however.

#18 Edited by dark_globe (734 posts) - - Show Bio
@six-deuce said:

The season has been terrible, same as last season. That said, Jon can and would beat Grey Worm...I think he will end the season alive and sailing back to meereen with Dany however.

yeah this season is rushed AF , character development and story arcs have been butchered along with any logic left in the show .

at the very least i´m glad all the euron hype will be gone now .
i won´t have to read any stupid threads about him beating this or that character anymore .

#19 Edited by BreakOfDawn (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually enjoyed this season, even if it is rushed and not nearly as good as it could have been.

Jon definitely beats Grey Worm.

#20 Posted by Six-Deuce (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_globe: couldn't agree more, though they did Euron all wrong...he is more Jack Sparrow meets hannibal lecter. They really took the magic out of that character making him base idolizer of jaime Lannister.

#21 Posted by bouncyhippo (566 posts) - - Show Bio

Jon snow character plot will win. Realistically, Greyworm should win.

#22 Posted by Thedailybagel (12973 posts) - - Show Bio

We’re gonna see it next week and I’m pretty sure Jon will win, I think he’ll probably be trying to avoid killing Grey Worm, tbh.

#23 Posted by green_skaar (13059 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking same thing and would have love to see that throw down, most likely next episode.

OT, Jon Snow.

last night it looked like they will fight each other .

#24 Edited by the_red_viper (12896 posts) - - Show Bio

Story-wise, I can definitely see Jon killing Worm next episode, however I do think Grey Worm should win a fight. If they don't end up fighting eventually with Jon winning, I'm backing Turgo Nudho.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e
#25 Posted by deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e (1532 posts) - - Show Bio

Jon imo

#26 Posted by CuckedCurry (1047 posts) - - Show Bio

Jon probably

Avatar image for swordofdamocles
#27 Edited by SwordofDamocles (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: If Jon beat Grey Worm (let's say in a very good fight, and without almost collapse like Styr) how strong would you said he is ? Stronger than Bronn? You thinkBronn is in Worm level right ?

#28 Posted by the_red_viper (12896 posts) - - Show Bio

@swordofdamocles: I think Grey Worm would beat Bronn in a good fight. If Jon beat Grey Worm in a fairly even fight, without any outside factors affecting it (like one or both of them being injured beforehand, using non-standard weapons, etc), then I'd probably put Jon at Grey Worm's level which is a little bit above Bronn. I don't imagine any scenario where Jon stomps him or anything. All that is assuming that they fight in the first place.

#29 Posted by ThorofAsgard (808 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m backing Grey Worm to take it but story wise the plot armor for Jon would way too strong for Grey Worm to handle.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#30 Posted by blackspidey2099 (7128 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorofasgard: yeah, that sums up my thoughts on this battle as well.

#31 Edited by BullPR (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

We should know next week...

#32 Posted by cromulor (2827 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: I don’t think Jon or Grey Worm would beat Bronn in a fight unless there were other factors in play. Bronn is way too clever and unfair in 1 on 1 combat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e
#33 Posted by deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e (1532 posts) - - Show Bio

@cromulor: Bronn seems like the smartest character on the show tbh, he managed to avoid the great war and the slaughter.

#34 Posted by CuckedCurry (1047 posts) - - Show Bio

Bronn is sub Jon and Grey Worm for sure

#35 Posted by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio

Grey Worm, but if they do fight in the show Jon will win because he's Jon.

#37 Edited by IAmInEvitable (102 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't perceive that eye contact between the two on yesterdays episode as "challenge me" and I actually doubt that was the case (at least for that episode). Greyworm was just clearly blood-lusted and you can tell he was assessing Jon regarding his loyalty to Dany.

Jon wins.

#38 Posted by Amcu (17521 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: Sorry, accidentally deleted my response to you.

I think Grey Worm would beat Bronn in a good fight.

Really? Did Grey Worm do something really impressive in episode 5? I haven't watched it yet. I personally viewed Bronn as above Grey Worm but I have been very impressed by Grey Worm's speed.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#39 Posted by IndomitableRegal (17687 posts) - - Show Bio

... Is Grey Worm allowed to sing?

#40 Posted by ThorofAsgard (808 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: Grey Worm has now defeated like 20 people at once for the second time. He has no helmet, and just a spear and he usually effs people up with it. The sons of the harpy fight where he took multiple stabs was a pretty good indication of his skill too

#41 Posted by Amcu (17521 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: Grey Worm has now defeated like 20 people at once for the second time. He has no helmet, and just a spear and he usually effs people up with it. The sons of the harpy fight where he took multiple stabs was a pretty good indication of his skill too

I haven't seen the newest feat but based off of previous seasons Grey Worm is definitely good. I don't recall him actually fighting 20 people at once(I recall him having like maybe 8 or so at bay due to the length of his spear)but regardless they are good feats. I just thought most people rated Bronn above that level.

#42 Posted by SirPounce (263 posts) - - Show Bio

Jon stomps.

#43 Posted by The_Kidd (12590 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

Grey Worm, but if they do fight in the show Jon will win because he's Jon.

Bronn is sub Jon and Grey Worm for sure

#44 Edited by the_red_viper (12896 posts) - - Show Bio

@cromulor said:

@the_red_viper: I don’t think Jon or Grey Worm would beat Bronn in a fight unless there were other factors in play. Bronn is way too clever and unfair in 1 on 1 combat.

I don't think he's clever enough to beat Grey Worm who's stronger, more skilled, at least as fast and has better gear. Bronn might be able to beat Jon but I always ranked Grey Worm above him.

@amcu said:

@the_red_viper: Sorry, accidentally deleted my response to you.

I think Grey Worm would beat Bronn in a good fight.

Really? Did Grey Worm do something really impressive in episode 5? I haven't watched it yet. I personally viewed Bronn as above Grey Worm but I have been very impressed by Grey Worm's speed.

I always thought Grey Worm is better than Bronn to some extent. Regardless of episode 5, in which Grey Worm didn't really do anything special, just the usual killing of soldiers.

#45 Posted by Tony501 (714 posts) - - Show Bio

jon

#46 Posted by JollyRoger99 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Realistically? Grey Worm.

While preemptively stating that I'm aware that 300 was just a movie . . . the Unsullied are basically Spartans. Every waking moment of an Unsullied's life was dedicated to becoming a better killer and Grey was the best of them. While it's true he was predominately trained to fight as part of a unit his out-of-formation feats have been just as impressive.

Plus, no matter what some foam larpers have to say, spear and shield beats single sword. Just ask any trained fighter or historian.

Spears:

- Better reach than swords

- Stabbing is more likely to create deadly wounds than slashing

- Stabbing penetrates armor more easily

-You can put more force behind a thrust than a swing

On top of which you have a shield to block with as you stab a fool. If Jon used a shield he would stand a better chance but he does not.

That being said, Jon has much nicer plot armor.

#47 Posted by Oreoghoul (2643 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: Please no, Grey Worms one of my favorite characters ;_;

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#48 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (18830 posts) - - Show Bio

Jon

#49 Posted by LuminousHydra (1291 posts) - - Show Bio

Lore wise Grey Worm should be better.

They have comparable feats. They absolutely destroy fodder armored soldiers.

But I think Jon will win because it's his show.

#50 Posted by TheSuperor (7034 posts) - - Show Bio

Jon. Everyone knows he is the best swordsman in the seven kingdoms by now.