Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Karkus

I'd go with Thor.

No Caption Provided

This is a costume of Thor animated by Faust one-shotting Hal. Normally this showing would be worthless, but the costumes were explicitly stated and shown to be comparable to the heroes they were based on.

There's also Thor tanking a blast from Pre-Crisis Amazo (you can tell from the design) using a Green Lantern ring in the canon JLA/Avengers crossover. We know Amazo is using Hal's power here because Hal was the only lantern member of the Justice League prior to the crisis, and Lanterns weren't affected by the Crisis.

No Caption Provided

What makes this worse for Hal is that Amazo's use of the ring is actually much more powerful than Hal's due to explicitly having the combined willpower of the league.

No Caption Provided

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thor would beat Hal 75% of the time. His energy absorb plus greater power and physical stats are too much. Having said that Hal can win a few as well hes THE lantern after all

stumerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus: What issue is the first scan from?

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@stumerica said:

@karkus: What issue is the first scan from?

Justice League of America #103, which in itself was apart of a longer unofficial crossover where Marvel also referenced DC characters by appearance. Karkus got that scan specifically from my RT on Faust.

Unrequited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

I don't think I've ever seen this battle been done. This is a first indeed.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Karkus

bump

dorukesin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal

FraggaFragga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus:

lmao, the lowballing...

Hal wins, of course.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraggafragga: Posting Thor and Hal's only direct canon comparisons is lowballing?

FraggaFragga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus: Posting non-canon feats to influence people you mean ? Hell yeah. I laughed thought.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Karkus

@fraggafragga: But they are canon, no matter how much you don't want them to be. First scan comes from Justice League #103 (self-explanatory why that's canon) and the 2nd is from JLA/Avengers, which is also canon

FraggaFragga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus said:

@fraggafragga: But they are canon, no matter how much you don't want them to be. First scan comes from Justice League #103 (self-explanatory why that's canon) and the 2nd is from JLA/Avengers, which is also canon

Your two first scans aren't canon to Marvel, don't try to play that game with me. They are not about Earth-616 Thor.

The scans in JLA/AVENGERS doesn't matter, they don't support your argument.

It was almost a comeback, thanks for trying.

I can lowball too, lol

No Caption Provided
SirDragonFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FraggaFragga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Karkus

@fraggafragga:

Your two first scans aren't canon to Marvel, don't try to play that game with me. They are not about Earth-616 Thor.

Didn't you read? It's a Halloween costume of Thor animated by Felix Faust. It's not Thor himself, but the costumes were explicitly stated and shown to be comparable to the heroes they were based on.

They do. Thor tanked a blast from Amazo despite Amazo's ring use being much more powerful than Hal's himself.

FraggaFragga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus said:

@fraggafragga:

Didn't you read? It's a Halloween costume of Thor animated by Felix Faust. It's not 616 Thor, but the costumes were explicitly stated and shown to be comparable to the heroes they were based on.

They do. Thor tanked a blast from Amazo despite Amazo's ring use being much more powerful than Hal's himself.

Yeah, I will blow your mind, Thor is actually part of the mythology, Justice League is a DC comics so... That's not acknowledged by Marvel Editors soooo... That not canon to Marvel.

Thanks for trying again with some kindergarten-logic at hand.

Yeah, and Amazo isn't Hal either so that's absolutely moot to say that Thor wins because he tanked "one blast".

Awful logic, lmao.

I guess that Marvel Street-levelers >>>> Amazo

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraggafragga:

Yeah, I will blow your mind, Thor is actually part of the mythology, Justice League is a DC comics so... That's not acknowledged by Marvel Editors soooo... That not canon to Marvel.

Except Mythology Thor looks completely different than the Thor in JL #103, while he looks identical to Marvel Thor. Again, no one is saying it's canon to Marvel, it's just a costume of Thor animated by Faust one-shotting Hal and that the costumes were explicitly stated and shown to be comparable to the heroes they were based on.

Ironic.

Yeah, and Amazo isn't Hal either

You're right, he's far superior due to explicitly having the combined willpower of the league.

No Caption Provided

Awful logic, lmao.

Are you going to keep projecting or actually attempt to make a counter?

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraggafragga: Its funny. Arguments by certain someone says Invincible vs Supreme/Dominex/Solar Man crossovers in Image as legit by creators is ignored, but then they want to say the JL/Avengers is legit.

Hypocrite.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On topic, Hal in a close fight.

No Caption Provided

Wow that poll is pretty solid on Hal as well. Nice.

SirDragonFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraggafragga: Its funny. Arguments by certain someone says Invincible vs Supreme/Dominex/Solar Man crossovers in Image as legit by creators is ignored, but then they want to say the JL/Avengers is legit.

Hypocrite.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal handily.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor. Better in every way except for speed.

FraggaFragga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus said:

@fraggafragga:

Except Mythology Thor looks completely different than the Thor in JL #103, while he looks identical to Marvel Thor. Again, no one is saying it's canon to Marvel, it's just a costume of Thor animated by Faust one-shotting Hal and that the costumes were explicitly stated and shown to be comparable to the heroes they were based on.

Ironic.

Yeah, and Amazo isn't Hal either

You're right, he's far superior due to explicitly having the combined willpower of the league.

No Caption Provided

Awful logic, lmao.

Are you going to keep projecting or actually attempt to make a counter?

The point fly over your head again, lol
It's not Marvel Earth-616 Thor, not canon to Marvel so can't be used to "compare" anything.

Second point, very complex for you too it seems, Amazo is not Hal, it doesn't matter if he can blast people.

The points you are trying to make just falls off by lacking legitimacy....

So I don't need to counter anything.

Do you know what is legit ? SLOWDINSON.

By the way, come back when you have learn how to debate properly, your spaghetti-posting is as horrible as your "debating-skills" suggest they are.

Hal one-shot Thor !

No Caption Provided
Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraggafragga:

It's not Marvel Earth-616 Thor, not canon to Marvel so can't be used to "compare" anything.

Seems like you can't understand. It's not 616 Thor, but the costumes were explicitly stated and shown to be comparable to the heroes they were based on, and that costume was blatantly based on 616 Thor.

Amazo is not Hal

He has Hal's ring+more willpower backing it. He's far stronger.

By the way, come back when you have learn how to debate properly, your spaghetti-posting is as horrible as your "debating-skills" suggest they are.

Please speak English.

Hal one-shot Thor !

Your bait is as bad as your arguments. You don't want to get into a low-showing battle with Lanterns of all people.

No Caption Provided

Angelverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus: What kind of logic is this? It's called a homage, not sure how that tells it would be any indication about Hal vs Thor. G'nort once defeated Scarlet Skier, a blatant ripoff of Surfer. Doesn't mean he would beat Surfer.

That was a specific, upgraded version of Amazo. The Amazo you're using was defeated by Hal himself.

Hal didn't have auto shields in the silver age so a surprise attack could ko him, the ring only saved him automatically from a lethal attack. Seems like you've no idea about Green Lantern at all.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Karkus

@angelverse:

What kind of logic is this? It's called a homage, not sure how that tells it would be any indication about Hal vs Thor. G'nort once defeated Scarlet Skier, a blatant ripoff of Surfer. Doesn't mean he would beat Surfer.

Except these homages were explicitly stated and shown to be equal to the heroes that they were based on.

That was a specific, upgraded version of Amazo. The Amazo you're using was defeated by Hal himself.

Yes, because Hal drained Amazo when he wasn't expecting it, it doesn't change how Amazo has Hal's ring+the entire team's willpower including Hal.

Hal didn't have auto shields in the silver age so a surprise attack could ko him, the ring only saved him automatically from a lethal attack. Seems like you've no idea about Green Lantern at all.

Untrue Motifan. The ring protected him from all attacks unless they were yellow.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In what world does Hal beat Thor? Y’all are tripping.

FragitFragit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try better than flagbanning me for challenging your opinions and pathetic debating skills next time.

@karkus said:

@fraggafragga:

Seems like you can't understand. It's not 616 Thor, but the costumes were explicitly stated and shown to be comparable to the heroes they were based on, and that costume was blatantly based on 616 Thor.

Amazo is not Hal

He has Hal's ring+more willpower backing it. He's far stronger.

Please speak English.

Hal one-shot Thor !

Your bait is as bad as your arguments. You don't want to get into a low-showing battle with Lanterns of all people.

Seems like you don't understand what canon means, hu ?

That's not Thor that you are using, is that book acknowledged by Marvel editors ? No.

Fine it's not canon.

Still Amazo isn't Hal, I guess I will start using Masterson as the base of my arguments then ? Hell no, I don't to lower myself to your "debating-level"...

You don't understand what "spaghetti-posting" is ? Lmao. Which planet do you come from ?

It's turning your opponent post in tiny little pieces to attack it more easily because you don't have the debating skills to attack your opponent's point of view as a whole, that's considered baby-tier among debaters. lmao.

So nice, you need to show so plot driven jobbing defeat when I'm showing Thor struggling and being defeated by street-levelers in battle, just cope, dude.

Hal crushes Goldilocks.

No Caption Provided

ALL HAIL SLOWDINSON !

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Karkus

@fragitfragit:

Try better than flagbanning me for challenging your opinions

I did no such thing. You likely got flagged due to excessive insults, which violate the rules of the site.

and pathetic debating skills next time.

Do you have anything else other than projection, salt, and bad counters? Seems not.

That's not Thor that you are using, is that book acknowledged by Marvel editors ? No.

It's a Halloween costume of Thor animated by Felix Faust. It's not Thor himself, but the costumes were explicitly stated and shown to be comparable to the heroes they were based on, and it's blatantly based on Marvel Thor.

Still Amazo isn't Hal, I guess I will start using Masterson as the base of my arguments then ?

False equivalency. Masterson is explicitly weaker than Thor while Amazo is explicitly stronger than Hal.

Hell no, I don't to lower myself to your "debating-level"...

That would be a vast improvement from whatever you're doing.

It's turning your opponent post in tiny little pieces to attack it more easily because you don't have the debating skills to attack your opponent's point of view as a whole

You're extremely deluded. Debunking something point by point is how a debunk works.

So nice, you need to show so plot driven jobbing defeat when I'm showing Thor struggling and being defeated by street-levelers in battle, just cope, dude.

When I do the same thing you're doing you start crying? Hilarious.

No Caption Provided
rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fragitfragit: @karkus: Not to mention, mythology Thor and Marvels Thor are peers. They have replicated the same feats but there's also this.

Neil Gaiman's Norse Mythology
Neil Gaiman's Norse Mythology

Avatar image for supermanwin1875
supermanwin1875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THOR SMASH

TheSingaporean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thor should take this, but it won't be a stomp by any means

Avatar image for deactivated-6492589c59640
deactivated-6492589c59640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal can most definitely win. Don't see Thor consistently beating a character as versatile as Hal. Thor gets 5-6/10 at most.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Thor stomps

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor should take this, but it won't be a stomp by any means

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By rajjarsalt

Thor is mightier than Hal by spades. He one-shots

Avatar image for marygcrisostomo
marygcrisostomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a good day Thor.

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor stomps

I'm failing to see how Thor wins, let alone stomps. Hal has all the physicals and construct strength he needs to tank Thor's hits and Hal has enough strength and versatility to outwork Thor.

Wabubub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peak base is Hal's win, probably. He's faster and if you lowball Hal he is still equal to Thor in damage output.

The pretending the crossover matters is cute, but dumb. It doesn't. We all know that crossovers either lowball or high ball. What one writer says doesn't matter. Many writers have said stupid things. Those are also far from peak base versions in 2022.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Karkus

@wabubub" Who is "we"? This is the first time I've ever heard that actual encounters of two characters don't matter but scaling does. It comes off as cope because these crossovers go against your preconcieved notions of these characters.

Thor and Hal's "bases" haven't changed unless you include the Odin-Force for Thor, which would make this a mismatch in his favor.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lilbroomstick
@boutatakeanl said:
@nassergrant19 said:

Thor stomps

I'm failing to see how Thor wins, let alone stomps. Hal has all the physicals and construct strength he needs to tank Thor's hits and Hal has enough strength and versatility to outwork Thor.

I mean to be fair it's kinda Hal's thing to not always fight as good as he could've and get embarrassed, he could def lose to Thor lol

Loading Video...

He should be able to take some wins with high-difficulty at his best.