nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Post-Crisis Green Lantern (Hal Jordan). Most current/recent version of Reverse Flash (Eobard Thawne).

Standard gear and abilities, both sides are fighting all out, and the fight is to the death. Starting distance of 100 yards and they start visible to each other.

Who wins and why?

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with Reverse Flash

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hal managed to tag Wally while he was possessed by Parallax, don't why he can't do the same to thawne.

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xeon1cs

Can Hal even see New 52 Thawne? Even if they start visible to each other, can he actually react to anything the instant the fight starts?

password65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eobard.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eobard.

@xeon1cs said:

Can Hal even see New 52 Thawne? Even if they start visible to each other, can he actually react to anything the instant the fight starts?

The OP said this was post crisis, not new 52.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheWatcherKing

Hal managed to tag Wally while he was possessed by Parallax, don't why he can't do the same to thawne.

Eobard has already blitzed Hal, so I don't see why he won't here.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher5000: If i'm not mistaken that is PC Thawne, we're using the most current version of Thawne which is New 52/Rebirth..

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@all-father: When I looked at the OP I just saw post crisis and assumed that was for RF and GL. Now that I see I was wrong I'd back Green Lantern.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By nefarious

Thawne. He can easily phase through Hal's constructs and blitz Hal.

Alsimmons77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thawne. He can easily phase through Hal's constructs and blitz Hal.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By APEX_pretador

On topic, Green Lantern wins

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#15  Edited By KrleAvenger

I'm afraid to say who wins. If I say Hal wins then I'm a Flash hater. If I say Thawne wins I'm a Flash fanboy, which is weird because I'm confident I know more about both of these characters than the majority of people on this site, especially Thawne.

@all-father said:

That was Barry Allen, not Wally West. Not to mention that Parallax was trolling Hal throughout the entire fight. He wasn't serious, like at all. Also, Eobard already blitzed Hal pretty much every single time they fought Post-Crisis, and neither Hal or Superman were able to tag him when he was at his best during Time Masters: Vanishing Point #6. Hell, even in his weakest Post-Crisis version, Thawne was dominating throughout the entire fight. I mean I guess some people can argue that Hal wasn't going all out during their first Post-Crisis fight in Green Lantern Vol. 3 #40 because Hal thought he was fighting Barry, but still, that was the weakest version of Thawne we have ever seen. He had to trick Jay Garrick in order to beat him and he got his ass kicked by Wally West before he got connection to the Speed Force. Truth to be told, I have yet to see a single scan where Green Lantern, Superman, Wonder Woman or most DC powerhouses tagged the Flash without some context getting in the way to make that "feat" look completely invalid.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm afraid to say who wins. If I say Hal wins then I'm a Flash hater. If I say Thawne wins I'm a Flash fanboy, which is weird because I'm confident I know more about both of these characters than the majority of people on this site, especially Thawne.

But who do you think wins? Cause like you said you know these characters better than most.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Couldn't remember which flash was it, thanks for the correction.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thawne already beat Hal. And that was before his resurrection and him getting OP time manipulation.

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thawne wins this in a walk.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KrleAvenger

@all-father said:

@krleavenger: Couldn't remember which flash was it, thanks for the correction.

No problem. The easiest way to distinguish two Flashes is to look at their belts, emblems and masks.

No Caption Provided

Sometimes Wally has that Batman-like mask which completely covers his face, making his eyes look white, while Barry's mask has two big holes so you can see the skin. However, a lot of times you will see Wally with Barry's mask. The lightning on the emblems is different as well, although sometimes Wally has the same emblem as Barry does. The belt on the other hand is almost always different on Wally's costume, something Barry mentioned himself.

No Caption Provided

Only Pre-Mark Waid Wally West has a costume that is completely identical to Barry's (during his early Post-Crisis run, when he wasn't faster than sound). Eobard Thawne and Hunter Zolomon also have different belts. Eobard's is identical to Barry's while Hunter's is identical to Wally's, which makes sense because Eobard is Barry's arch enemy while Hunter is Wally's.

No Caption Provided

Zolomon on the left, Eobard on the right.

@watcher5000 said:

But who do you think wins? Cause like you said you know these characters better than most.

I think Eobard stomps to be perfectly honest with you. He already beat the shit out of Hal in his weakest Post-Crisis incarnation. Sure, Hal had no intention of hurting him because he thought he was fighting his friend Barry but Eobard wasn't trying to kill Hal either. And Hal is not tagging Eobard if Eobard goes for the kill. Every time Hal tagged Eobard before (when he wasn't as powerful as he is now), he escaped with ease thanks to his ability to phase through solid matter.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KrleAvenger

@watcher5000: No wait, this is New 52/Rebirth Thawne. Ok I take that back, unless we assume that Post-Crisis feats apply, I can't say who wins because I have yet to read DC Rebirth Flash. If he is not more impressive than he was at the end of Barry's New 52 run, then he is not beating Hal.

Saikic_Radio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thawne stomps

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thawne probably still wins

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

RF

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thawne, imo. New 52 had him being able to slow time itself. Near and after Rebirth, he's become a paradox who can't really stay dead.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thawne slaughters, mismatch.

bdelloidgrain2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers