Green Lantern Corps vs Galactus

• 61 results
Avatar image for immoralimmortal
#1 Posted by immoralimmortal (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

random encounter, who wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by Contingency (8827 posts) - - Show Bio

According to death battles Hal Jordon can solo he casually beats universal threats all the time and if for some reason he couldn't Galactus would just tell him his weakness then Hal would go back in time before Galactus became Galactus and decapitate him.

Avatar image for ironspiderchan45
#3 Posted by Ironspiderchan45 (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure Galactus would take this in a random encounter with medium difficulty

#4 Posted by Contingency (8827 posts) - - Show Bio

@ironspiderchan45: Death Battles says Hal Jordon solo's cause he's casual universal +

Avatar image for professorrespect
#5 Posted by ProfessorRespect (8832 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's starving Galactus against the regular PC Corp, he might lose.

If big G is fed, he beats all of them with little trouble.

#6 Posted by Contingency (8827 posts) - - Show Bio

@diarrhearegatta: Hal Jordon disintegrates Galactus with his universal + power, he stomps people like Galactus on a daily basis.

#7 Posted by ProfessorRespect (8832 posts) - - Show Bio

@diarrhearegatta: Hal Jordon disintegrates Galactus with his universal + power, he stomps people like Galactus on a daily basis.

I really hope you are baiting, because I've seen skid marks that look better than whatever that take is

#8 Posted by Ironspiderchan45 (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

@contingency: Bruh, has Hal gotten a significant power boost or something? Him soloing Galan sounds insane, and what Galactus level threats does he take "on a daily basis?"

#9 Edited by Contingency (8827 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by ProfessorRespect (8832 posts) - - Show Bio

@contingency: Yeah, this seems like weak bait, lol

Get some better material

#11 Posted by Ironspiderchan45 (1129 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Juggerman40 (762 posts) - - Show Bio

@ironspiderchan45: @diarrhearegatta:

Deathbattles said Hal was casual universal in their Ben 10 vs Green Lantern video.

Deathbattle also believe Superman is limitless and is one of the most powerful beings in DC. A literal God only few can beat him. While in reality he's fodder to TONS of DC characters and can be beaten by fellow Justice League members.

On Topic a Starving dying Galactus loses a well fed Galactus slaughters the entire corps.

#13 Posted by Andromeda101 (1426 posts) - - Show Bio

Just saying, but the new mystical-hybrid Galactus can casually walk over entities that apparently fought up against the Living Tribunal and is able to destabilize an entire dimension/universe with his presence(Or the lack of) alone.

#14 Posted by ProfessorRespect (8832 posts) - - Show Bio

Just saying, but the new mystical-hybrid Galactus can casually walk over entities that apparently fought up against the Living Tribunal and is able to destabilize an entire dimension/universe with his presence(Or the lack of) alone.

Galactus got another buff? smh.

#15 Posted by TakenStew22 (5837 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't Galactus just drink the Lanterns energy?

#16 Posted by green_skaar (13042 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus handily

#17 Posted by Andromeda101 (1426 posts) - - Show Bio

@andromeda101 said:

Yes, and it's a big one:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

And even before this above, but still after absorbing a single mystical planet, Galactus straight up humiliated Misan-Ha-Gorath(The entity who apparently held his own against the Living Tribunal and other abstract entities):

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

#18 Posted by Juggerman40 (762 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Andromeda101 (1426 posts) - - Show Bio

@juggerman40: The first set is from Doctor Strange Vol.5#14 and the second is from the previous issue.

#20 Posted by Juggerman40 (762 posts) - - Show Bio

@juggerman40: The first set is from Doctor Strange Vol.5#14 and the second is from the previous issue.

Nice!

#21 Edited by immoralimmortal (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@andromeda101 said:
@diarrhearegatta said:
@andromeda101 said:

Yes, and it's a big one:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

And even before this above, but still after absorbing a single mystical planet, Galactus straight up humiliated Misan-Ha-Gorath(The entity who apparently held his own against the Living Tribunal and other abstract entities):

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

he made Dormammu his herald?! damn.

funny thing is there's threads on comcivine claiming Dormmy would lolstomp Galactus

#22 Posted by KrleAvenger (26351 posts) - - Show Bio

The Corp feeds him.

#23 Posted by ProfessorRespect (8832 posts) - - Show Bio

@andromeda101: This must be that Galactus/Dormammu thing I was hearing about, lol.

He seems pretty powerful from the get go, anyway. I'll have to keep my eyes on this and see what obscure entity he stomps next

#24 Edited by jrupert1 (1580 posts) - - Show Bio

@immoralimmortal: Actually no, Galactus did not turn Dormammu into his herald. Dormammu manipulated Galactus and is currently using him to empower himself. Dormammu fed him with the Flames of the Faltine (so in a way acted as a herald, but previously Strange was his herald which amounted to nothing more than Strange saying "imma find you some planets to eat") for his own ends (a trap), but it doesn't change the fact that Galactus has been massively amped thanks to Dormammu (not to mention everything he fed on prior to that).

#25 Edited by Andromeda101 (1426 posts) - - Show Bio

@immoralimmortal said:

he made Dormammu his herald?! damn.

funny thing is there's threads on comcivine claiming Dormmy would lolstomp Galactus

He didn't. Galactus believes that's the case, but it's part of Dormammu's plan to use him as a pawn for his goals, Strange pretty much confirmed even right after it:

No Caption Provided

Dormammu wouldn't stomp, but wouldn't lose either. Even in this comic, Dormammu's Faltine Flames still hurt in a way that Galan screamed so loud that could destroy a moon and cracked apart every molecule of his body, consuming him before actually turning Galactus in what you saw, but Dormammu still wasn't actively trying to hurt him or kill. And while Galactus had weakened himself beforehand, it was still after absolving both a planet and Misan's energies too.

#26 Posted by Andromeda101 (1426 posts) - - Show Bio

@diarrhearegatta said:

This must be that Galactus/Dormammu thing I was hearing about, lol.

He seems pretty powerful from the get go, anyway. I'll have to keep my eyes on this and see what obscure entity he stomps next

Yeah, I still personally wanted a full-fusion though.

He's apparently going to destroy most, if not all of the mystical realms, so I say we can pretty much expect some big fights coming.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ce6f72d3aec8
#27 Posted by deactivated-5ce6f72d3aec8 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus

#28 Posted by King-Ragnar (5166 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus kills them all by farting.

#29 Posted by Capital-G (507 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't recall any instances of the Green Lantern corps going up against an intergalactic/universal threat and winning without the help of non-Lanterns. Best I've seen is sealing away Parallax, but I don't think that equates to Galactus. As long as Galactus isn't starving, he should decimate the corps with mild difficulty.

#30 Posted by Thoromdil (1959 posts) - - Show Bio

the WHOLE Corps? That's just too much... there are like thousands of lanterns right? Every one of them is at least bordering herald level. Galactus can probably take 10-20 of them. If they are fodder, or he's fed, maybe more. If there are some MVP's like Hal, definitely less will do. But the WHOLE CORPS? Absurd.

#31 Posted by Supermanthor (22700 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus

#32 Posted by gunchar16 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's starving Galactus against the regular PC Corp, he might lose.

If big G is fed, he beats all of them with little trouble.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
#33 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (3113 posts) - - Show Bio

@thoromdil: not every lantern is herald level or close to that level

#34 Posted by icec0ld (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

@juggerman40:

That's not even close to being accurate.

1.) Superman has demolished several of the most powerful villians and heroes in DC. He's beaten several God's on top of that.

2.) No member of the league is consistently as powerful as him and for every alt version of the league members there is a more powerful version of Superman.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#35 Posted by EternalDarkFury (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus wins any scenario

#36 Edited by supremthor69 (729 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Thoromdil (1959 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainsweatpan: I said they are BORDERING herald level. Obviously not all of them are herald level. It's still more than enough to ensure Galactus defeat when facing a few dozen of them. Entire corps of several thousand lanterns, including the likes of Hal, is an overkill of ridiculous proportions.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d59ee082aecf
#38 Posted by deactivated-5d59ee082aecf (1384 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus has my vote

#39 Posted by Supermanthor (22700 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
#40 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (3113 posts) - - Show Bio

@thoromdil: we dont know how powerful other lanterns are though, some of them might only be country level, Hal and Kyle are literally the pinnacle of willpower and the other green lanterns can't scale to these two in any way unless they have their own feats like John, Kilowog, Scott etc.

#41 Posted by Darkthunder (3758 posts) - - Show Bio

Starving galan loses in a very hard fight

Medium fed galan wins

Full fed Galactus 5 shots

#42 Posted by johnsmjs36 (1372 posts) - - Show Bio

@ironspiderchan45: He is probably mentioning Hal disintegrating three Alien X clones by his aura or something.

#43 Posted by Strike3 (844 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus, considering Superboy Prime easily smashed a wall formed by a GL Corps army.

Avatar image for consciouskeeper
#44 Posted by Consciouskeeper (2596 posts) - - Show Bio

GL stomps to high heaven

#45 Posted by UltraShaggy (1410 posts) - - Show Bio

@immoralimmortal: Wich versions of the corp? Also its hungering or just hungry galactus ?

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#46 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (5794 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal, Kyle, John, Kilowag, and Guy were able to beat a Parallax-possessed Ganthet. Add Simon Baz, Jessica Cruz, (if we're talkin an up to date corps), Sodam yat, and Mogo I can perhaps see a case being made against a starved Galactus. But if Galactus is fully fed, life bringer, or Mystic then Galactus snaps his fingers and there never was a corps...

#47 Posted by TheTruthIII (3316 posts) - - Show Bio

Starving Galactus loses. Well fed wins. Current (Dormammu fusing with Galactus to use the latters unrivaled destructive power to conquer realms he had trouble with in the past) should stomp, although he's technically still featless

#48 Posted by immoralimmortal (1902 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by supremthor69 (729 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremthor69 said:

@immoralimmortal: Is it the ENTIRE Gl corp?

yes

The Entire Corp is essentially a murder stomp. No way Big G is taking the ENTIRE GL corp. Mogo (a planet that's also a greenlantern) alone could be challenge to G, Ion is essentially a fully powered G. not to mention the millions++ other GL , aside from their power rings some are already herald level.

#50 Edited by myround0 (112 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus is nowhere near Anti-Monitor level, which means 50 Green Lanterns would be more than enough to take him down. I’d go as far as to say John, Hal, Guy and Kyle would smoke him. You throw in Kilowog and Katma and that would be overkill. Big G is powerful and has enormous abilities, but his powers do not cause any confusions for the Green Lanterns. Galactus and the Power Cosmic is of this universe which means the ring will inform the wearer how best to defeat the threat. Anti-Monitor is not of this universe and his size, speed, strength, and abilities are only known through each encounter. All the ring truly knows about the Anti-Monitor is he brings death and destruction to the ENTIRE UNIVERSE. Green Lantern Corps with the easy walkover win over Galactus. I didn’t even add Mogo, who is a planet Green Lantern and to make Mogo even more powerful, he is home to the Blue Lanterns...So Mogo and the Blue Lanterns would take him down with zero problems.