who wins and why?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Green Goblin, in both fights. Unless Batman pulls out some short of exotic equipment to manage and use the environment to incapacitate Norman in the first fight. In the second, the Goblin kills him in one shot.
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Aronmorales

THANK YOU! I'm sick of prep time!

Fight 1. Goblin, better suited on a daily bases.
Fight 2. It'd be tough, but batman.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Aronmorales said:
" Fight 2. It'd be tough, but batman. "

It won't. The Goblin has refelexes comparable to Spider-man, durability to take hits from him on a regular basis, and 9 tons strength on top of it. He kills Batman.
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Aronmorales
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Aronmorales said:

It won't. The Goblin has refelexes comparable to Spider-man, durability to take hits from him on a regular basis, and 9 tons strength on top of it. He kills Batman. "
...what the heck why not.
12marvel12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By 12marvel12
@Aronmorales:
dont forget electro's gloves.... but i thoght maybe batman might have some counter for the reflexes and shocking gloves but i guess not
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aronmorales
@12marvel12 said:
" @Aronmorales: dont forget electro's gloves.... but i thoght maybe batman might have some counter for the reflexes and shocking gloves but i guess not "
Batman strikes me as the type of hero to have basic necessities, and a little bit extra.
12marvel12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 12marvel12
@Aronmorales:
i think the Green Goblin is just too much for batman.. i just wanted to see if anybody actually thought Batman could beat Gobbie
Ganseki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Ganseki

Batman

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Baldy

Batman wins both.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By dane

Batman with a can of Goblin repellent.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By vuviper
@Dane said:
" Batman with a can of Goblin repellent. "
you forgot the Bat-prefix. Bat-goblin repellent
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By dane
@vuviper said:
" @Dane said:
you forgot the Bat-prefix. Bat-goblin repellent "
oh of course. Like Bat-shark repellent.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vuviper
@Dane said:
" @vuviper said:
" @Dane said:
you forgot the Bat-prefix. Bat-goblin repellent "
oh of course. Like Bat-shark repellent. "
Exactly! :-)
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AtPhantom

Shouldn't it be Goblin Bat-repellent? 

Or Bat-Goblin Bat-repellent. The more Bat, the greater the Bat-power.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vuviper
@AtPhantom said:
" Shouldn't it be Goblin Bat-repellent?   Or Bat-Goblin Bat-repellent. The more Bat, the greater the Bat-power. "
now you're just trying to confuse me
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AtPhantom
@vuviper said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" Shouldn't it be Goblin Bat-repellent?   Or Bat-Goblin Bat-repellent. The more Bat, the greater the Bat-power. "
now you're just trying to confuse me "
Always :P
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Baldy

Seriously though he's beaten stronger foes. Not to mention theres no way in hell Goblin wins the first fight.

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By mavfan626

im gonna say goblin in first then batman in second

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vuviper
@Morpheus_ said:
" Green Goblin, in both fights. Unless Batman pulls out some short of exotic equipment to manage and use the environment to incapacitate Norman in the first fight. In the second, the Goblin kills him in one shot. "
1 shot morph? not sure if Bat's would go down that easy. his armor should protect him enough not to be oneshoted. Then again Bronze tiger one shoted him once.... lol
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@vuviper said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" Green Goblin, in both fights. Unless Batman pulls out some short of exotic equipment to manage and use the environment to incapacitate Norman in the first fight. In the second, the Goblin kills him in one shot. "
1 shot morph? not sure if Bat's would go down that easy. his armor should protect him enough not to be oneshoted. Then again Bronze tiger one shoted him once.... lol "
Straight fist fight, no equipment, means no armor, viper...
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vuviper
@Morpheus_ said:
" @vuviper said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
1 shot morph? not sure if Bat's would go down that easy. his armor should protect him enough not to be oneshoted. Then again Bronze tiger one shoted him once.... lol "
Straight fist fight, no equipment, means no armor, viper... "
whoops
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@vuviper said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @vuviper said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
Straight fist fight, no equipment, means no armor, viper... "
whoops "
All is forgive, viper, all is forgive. ; )
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vuviper
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Aronmorales said:

It won't. The Goblin has refelexes comparable to Spider-man, durability to take hits from him on a regular basis, and 9 tons strength on top of it. He kills Batman. "
While it's true Goblin is much stronger than Bat's. Bat's is still capable of delivering blows that would smash a normal human's skull, break tree's in half, break through concrete walls, break down steel doors, or crack bazooka proof glass. This in combination with his knowledge of all the most lethal nerve strikes and pressure points means that Goblin doesn't want to get hit by Batman just as much as Batman doesn't want to get hit by him. It is also true that Goblin has enhanced reflexes, Batman's reflexes are quite impressive though, and because Goblin doesn't have spider sense, the difference may not be as great. Batman has the agiliy and reflexes to dodge sniper bullet's after they've been fire, to catch multiple rapid fire tranq darts, to dodge 5000rounds/minute bullet fire from close range, to deflect automatic bullet fire, dodge bullets from point blank etc. He's also trained with David cain and is able to read body language similar to shiva and cassie but to a much lesser extent. Still, I wouldn't say that would make up for it. But the fact that Batman is a much more skilled MA fighter than Goblin should make up for the rest of the reflex/agility difference. Not saying Batman would win here, but I don't think it's as easy as you made it sound.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@vuviper said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Aronmorales said:

While it's true Goblin is much stronger than Bat's. Bat's is still capable of delivering blows that would smash a normal human's skull, break tree's in half, break through concrete walls, break down steel doors, or crack bazooka proof glass. This in combination with his knowledge of all the most lethal nerve strikes and pressure points means that Goblin doesn't want to get hit by Batman just as much as Batman doesn't want to get hit by him. It is also true that Goblin has enhanced reflexes, Batman's reflexes are quite impressive though, and because Goblin doesn't have spider sense, the difference may not be as great. Batman has the agiliy and reflexes to dodge sniper bullet's after they've been fire, to catch multiple rapid fire tranq darts, to dodge 5000rounds/minute bullet fire from close range, to deflect automatic bullet fire, dodge bullets from point blank etc. He's also trained with David cain and is able to read body language similar to shiva and cassie but to a much lesser extent. 

Still, I wouldn't say that would make up for it. But the fact that Batman is a much more skilled MA fighter than Goblin should make up for the rest of the reflex/agility difference. 

Not saying Batman would win here, but I don't think it's as easy as you made it sound. "

All these are quite impressive, but I never questioned Batman's efficiency when it comes to his skill, or pure strength (by the way, I've seen your analysis for the bazooka proof glass, so you may want to remove that from there, as implausible). My problem is his durability. On this occasion, he will have to face off against someone whose punches are sufficient to hurt Spider-man, and Spider-man is a being that consistently endures severe hits from opponents much stronger than himself and explosions of severe magnitude, with just his costume on, no enhancements, or equipment.

And while Batman's speed feats are impressive in their own right, we have seen fighters of his own, or lesser speed/agility level keeping up with him. That may be due to the plot, of course (much like why Spider-man gets hit by people who shouldn't even come anywhere near him - but, at least, he is a confirmed meta, but I digress), but that prompts me to believe that speed won't be such a considerable factor in this fight, for the single reason that if both of them retain their morals, Batman would take it easy on the Goblin, while Norman would mercilessly batter him with everything he has, right from the start. And while Bruce's pain endurance is considerable, once he starts getting hit it from someone who can bench press 9-10 tons, I don't think he could realistically retain consciousness for long, in order to apply his far superior skill and go for nerve strikes, or something of that nature.

I'm just having a hard time believing a human can withstand a force of that magnitude, that is all. I was being too absolute in my original statement because I was partially influenced by my thoughts on what would happen in real life, more so that use the comic rules, where people magically sustain that, and more.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vuviper
@Morpheus_ said:

" @vuviper said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Aronmorales said:

While it's true Goblin is much stronger than Bat's. Bat's is still capable of delivering blows that would smash a normal human's skull, break tree's in half, break through concrete walls, break down steel doors, or crack bazooka proof glass. This in combination with his knowledge of all the most lethal nerve strikes and pressure points means that Goblin doesn't want to get hit by Batman just as much as Batman doesn't want to get hit by him. It is also true that Goblin has enhanced reflexes, Batman's reflexes are quite impressive though, and because Goblin doesn't have spider sense, the difference may not be as great. Batman has the agiliy and reflexes to dodge sniper bullet's after they've been fire, to catch multiple rapid fire tranq darts, to dodge 5000rounds/minute bullet fire from close range, to deflect automatic bullet fire, dodge bullets from point blank etc. He's also trained with David cain and is able to read body language similar to shiva and cassie but to a much lesser extent. 

Still, I wouldn't say that would make up for it. But the fact that Batman is a much more skilled MA fighter than Goblin should make up for the rest of the reflex/agility difference. 

Not saying Batman would win here, but I don't think it's as easy as you made it sound. "

All these are quite impressive, but I never questioned Batman's efficiency when it comes to his skill, or pure strength (by the way, I've seen your analysis for the bazooka proof glass, so you may want to remove that from there, as implausible). My problem is his durability. On this occasion, he will have to face off against someone whose punches are sufficient to hurt Spider-man, and Spider-man is a being that consistently endures severe hits from opponents much stronger than himself and explosions of severe magnitude, with just his costume on, no enhancements, or equipment.

And while Batman's speed feats are impressive in their own right, we have seen fighters of his own, or lesser speed/agility level keeping up with him. That may be due to the plot, of course (much like why Spider-man gets hit by people who shouldn't even come anywhere near him - but, at least, he is a confirmed meta, but I digress), but that prompts me to believe that speed won't be such a considerable factor in this fight, for the single reason that if both of them retain their morals, Batman would take it easy on the Goblin, while Norman would mercilessly batter him with everything he has, right from the start. And while Bruce's pain endurance is considerable, once he starts getting hit it from someone who can bench press 9-10 tons, I don't think he could realistically retain consciousness for long, in order to apply his far superior skill and go for nerve strikes, or something of that nature.

I'm just having a hard time believing a human can withstand a force of that magnitude, that is all. I was being too absolute in my original statement because I was partially influenced by my thoughts on what would happen in real life, more so that use the comic rules, where people magically sustain that, and more.

"
All very true. This fight depends on if character morals apply. And if the characters know who they're going up against. If character morals apply, Batman won't go for kill strikes unless he already knows that Gobby could survive them, those are the only times he does use the kill strike, and power hits, against people with invulnerability or great durability. Batman's durability is a problem and I don't see him taking more than a couple hits without dying since he doesn't have his armor, however, I was making the argument that if Batman was punching with the power he is able to, and he is going for kill strikes, (both of which are determined by the factors mentioned earlier) Goblin could similarly go down in just a couple hits.  So I see this as a very short battle (not necessarily timewise, but number of hits wise) I don't see more than 5 blows landing before one of them goes down. 

PS about the Bazooka thing, I take is as a MA feat more than a strength feat, same with most of the other ones I listed. I take Batgirl breaking through quarts as an MA feat as well and take Karate Kid breaking through however many kilotons of ice as an MA feat. The fact that in all three instances the difficulty of the tasks was stressed either by narrator, witness, or the person performing the feat, makes me reluctant to just throw it out. If it had been a feat where they just didn't think about it before righting it, it's be a different story, like Bane pushing over that statue. If you still think it implausible (by comic book standards) please let me know because I value your opinion.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@vuviper said:

" All very true. This fight depends on if character morals apply. And if the characters know who they're going up against. If character morals apply, Batman won't go for kill strikes unless he already knows that Gobby could survive them, those are the only times he does use the kill strike, and power hits, against people with invulnerability or great durability. Batman's durability is a problem and I don't see him taking more than a couple hits without dying since he doesn't have his armor, however, I was making the argument that if Batman was punching with the power he is able to, and he is going for kill strikes, (both of which are determined by the factors mentioned earlier) Goblin could similarly go down in just a couple hits.  So I see this as a very short battle (not necessarily timewise, but number of hits wise) I don't see more than 5 blows landing before one of them goes down.   

PS about the Bazooka thing, I take is as a MA feat more than a strength feat, same with most of the other ones I listed. I take Batgirl breaking through quarts as an MA feat as well and take Karate Kid breaking through however many kilotons of ice as an MA feat. The fact that in all three instances the difficulty of the tasks was stressed either by narrator, witness, or the person performing the feat, makes me reluctant to just throw it out. If it had been a feat where they just didn't think about it before righting it, it's be a different story, like Bane pushing over that statue. If you still think it implausible (by comic book standards) please let me know because I value your opinion. "

Based on battles forum rules, both characters retain their morals, but do fight at the best of their ability. Now, I realise, that this rule, on occasion, and this occasion is one of them, sounds, and is, antithetic. As for the characters having prior knowledge for each other, I can't remember if the rules state anything about it (by the way, the general rules apply strictly if the OP doesn't give explicit rules of his own, which is basically the case here). I am not sure if the Goblin would go down in a couple of hits, but since you consider some of Batman's most impressive strength feats more so as feats of skill, rather than actual strength. then allow me to retain a more neutral view, because I am not a MA master, to actually know if through extensive training any of those feats would be humanly possible. Because breaking a tree in half, or punching through a brick wall is one thing, but ripping steel doors, or crack bazzoka glass is another, or, at least, that is how I perceive it to be (or, your presentation of that feat was just too convincing for me  to think of it as a MA feat, so pride yourself about it).  To add to this, the Goblin's healing factor is superior to Spider-man and it was that factor of the goblin serum to which it was attributed why the Goblin survived after being impaled with his own glider to the chest.

I haven't done extensive reading on Karate Kid, but many of the things he has achieved sound plausible only because he is knowledgeable in virtually all forms of MA up until the 31st century. People tend to rationalize things based on their own experience and on what they think is humanly possible/impossible to achieve. As a parallel, let me say it is basically why the mind rejects more humanoid looking CGI figures (like the Hulk) as unreal, but tends to find others (Tranformers, p.e.) far more realistic: attention - I do not mean people believe either of them is possible to happen in real life, but they do find it easier to picture something that is not human altogether, rather than picturing the distorted image of a human being. For the same reason, I have a problem picturing people that are presented as human/peak human, at best, doing things so far off their supposed range. It's comic rules, and I accept them, hell, I have even applauded them, but in a battle situation, I have a hard time applying them. So, Karate Kid enjoys the benefit of doubt when he tangles with Kryptonians, because people think "who knows, if someone knows every form of MA from present, to 10 centuries in the future, MA knowledge may have progressed to a point were it will allow a normal human to be realistically capable of such feats" and go along with it. But, Batman, or Batgirl don't have that privilege. That benefit, if you will. Based on what we've seen, Goblin and Batman aren't much different, physically. With Batman's vastly superior edge in skill, Bruce should take it. And then you realise one is a normal human, and the other is Spider-man level in almost every aspect, and with an even superior healing factor, and you are like, "What is going on?"

Excuse the long post.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vuviper
@Morpheus_ said:
" @vuviper said:

" All very true. This fight depends on if character morals apply. And if the characters know who they're going up against. If character morals apply, Batman won't go for kill strikes unless he already knows that Gobby could survive them, those are the only times he does use the kill strike, and power hits, against people with invulnerability or great durability. Batman's durability is a problem and I don't see him taking more than a couple hits without dying since he doesn't have his armor, however, I was making the argument that if Batman was punching with the power he is able to, and he is going for kill strikes, (both of which are determined by the factors mentioned earlier) Goblin could similarly go down in just a couple hits.  So I see this as a very short battle (not necessarily timewise, but number of hits wise) I don't see more than 5 blows landing before one of them goes down.   

PS about the Bazooka thing, I take is as a MA feat more than a strength feat, same with most of the other ones I listed. I take Batgirl breaking through quarts as an MA feat as well and take Karate Kid breaking through however many kilotons of ice as an MA feat. The fact that in all three instances the difficulty of the tasks was stressed either by narrator, witness, or the person performing the feat, makes me reluctant to just throw it out. If it had been a feat where they just didn't think about it before righting it, it's be a different story, like Bane pushing over that statue. If you still think it implausible (by comic book standards) please let me know because I value your opinion. "

Based on battles forum rules, both characters retain their morals, but do fight at the best of their ability. Now, I realise, that this rule, on occasion, and this occasion is one of them, sounds, and is, antithetic. As for the characters having prior knowledge for each other, I can't remember if the rules state anything about it (by the way, the general rules apply strictly if the OP doesn't give explicit rules of his own, which is basically the case here). I am not sure if the Goblin would go down in a couple of hits, but since you consider some of Batman's most impressive strength feats more so as feats of skill, rather than actual strength. then allow me to retain a more neutral view, because I am not a MA master, to actually know if through extensive training any of those feats would be humanly possible. Because breaking a tree in half, or punching through a brick wall is one thing, but ripping steel doors, or crack bazzoka glass is another, or, at least, that is how I perceive it to be (or, your presentation of that feat was just too convincing for me  to think of it as a MA feat, so pride yourself about it).  To add to this, the Goblin's healing factor is superior to Spider-man and it was that factor of the goblin serum to which it was attributed why the Goblin survived after being impaled with his own glider to the chest.

I haven't done extensive reading on Karate Kid, but many of the things he has achieved sound plausible only because he is knowledgeable in virtually all forms of MA up until the 31st century. People tend to rationalize things based on their own experience and on what they think is humanly possible/impossible to achieve. As a parallel, let me say it is basically why the mind rejects more humanoid looking CGI figures (like the Hulk) as unreal, but tends to find others (Tranformers, p.e.) far more realistic: attention - I do not mean people believe either of them is possible to happen in real life, but they do find it easier to picture something that is not human altogether, rather than picturing the distorted image of a human being. For the same reason, I have a problem picturing people that are presented as human/peak human, at best, doing things so far off their supposed range. It's comic rules, and I accept them, hell, I have even applauded them, but in a battle situation, I have a hard time applying them. So, Karate Kid enjoys the benefit of doubt when he tangles with Kryptonians, because people think "who knows, if someone knows every form of MA from present, to 10 centuries in the future, MA knowledge may have progressed to a point were it will allow a normal human to be realistically capable of such feats" and go along with it. But, Batman, or Batgirl don't have that privilege. That benefit, if you will. Based on what we've seen, Goblin and Batman aren't much different, physically. With Batman's vastly superior edge in skill, Bruce should take it. And then you realise one is a normal human, and the other is Spider-man level in almost every aspect, and with an even superior healing factor, and you are like, "What is going on?"

Excuse the long post.

"
I wasn't aware that Goblins healing factor would be fast enough to effect the outcome of the battle, that does change things, but only if the battle goes one long with each opponent dodging the other. 

I might be more inclined to accept superhuman feats as being attributed to MA skills than you not because I'm actually very familiar with MA, but I've seen much fiction that has MA as the explanation for seemingly superhuman abilities. Especially fiction centered around Ninjas and what not. If a Ninja can do all these crazy things, what would happen if you had a ninja that mastered ALL(terrestrial) MA (ie Batman). Which is just as impossible as KK's master of everything in that century, if not moreso because we don't know what type of technological, health science, and neurological  advances we would have by then. I think it comes from people seeing MA's in real life doing things they never could like breaking multiple concrete slabs with their head, and then taking it to the next level with ninja's and such, and then going beyond that with Batman and Batgirl who are much superior to ninjas, and then even further once you get to Karate Kid. Of course I don't really believe (even if it was possible to be a master of all martial arts) that you'd be able to the things Batman does, but I find them feasible by comic book standards.

I actually made a thread about that here, that no one replied to. What to do when one person has "superhuman status" while the other one has "superhuman feats" Deathstroke is said to have the strength of 10 men, do I assume he's stronger any human? Even if that human has more impressive feats?
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Baldy
@Morpheus_ said:

" @vuviper said:

Excuse the long post.

"
Daredevil put down Wolverine with a pressure point attack and his healing factor is one hell of a lot better than GG's. GG is stronger and faster than Wolverine, but Wolvie is the better fighter. Personally I think if DD can do somthing like this then so can Batman... who I consider a better fighter.

Besides I don't see Batman holding back at all, sure he won't kill, but he's pretty brutal on a regular basis.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vuviper
@Baldy said:
"Daredevil put down Wolverine with a pressure point attack and his healing factor is one hell of a lot better than Wolverine's. GG is stronger and faster than Wolverine, but Wolvie is the better fighter. Personally I think if DD can do somthing like this then so can Batman... who I consider a better fighter.  Besides I don't see Batman holding back at all, sure he won't kill, but he's pretty brutal on a regular basis. "
Thanks for the pressure point healing factor knowledge.

Yes batman is always brutal, but how brutal depends on whether morals apply or whether he knows that Goblin is more durable. Normally he'd be brutal but not enough for it to harm Goblin much, but if he knew or if morals didn't apply, he could go straight for the kill blows.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@vuviper said:

" I wasn't aware that Goblins healing factor would be fast enough to effect the outcome of the battle, that does change things, but only if the battle goes one long with each opponent dodging the other.   

I might be more inclined to accept superhuman feats as being attributed to MA skills than you not because I'm actually very familiar with MA, but I've seen much fiction that has MA as the explanation for seemingly superhuman abilities. Especially fiction centered around Ninjas and what not. If a Ninja can do all these crazy things, what would happen if you had a ninja that mastered ALL(terrestrial) MA (ie Batman). Which is just as impossible as KK's master of everything in that century, if not moreso because we don't know what type of technological, health science, and neurological  advances we would have by then. I think it comes from people seeing MA's in real life doing things they never could like breaking multiple concrete slabs with their head, and then taking it to the next level with ninja's and such, and then going beyond that with Batman and Batgirl who are much superior to ninjas, and then even further once you get to Karate Kid. Of course I don't really believe (even if it was possible to be a master of all martial arts) that you'd be able to the things Batman does, but I find them feasible by comic book standards.  

I actually made a thread about that here, that no one replied to. What to do when one person has "superhuman status" while the other one has "superhuman feats" Deathstroke is said to have the strength of 10 men, do I assume he's stronger any human? Even if that human has more impressive feats? "

It is fast, and it allows him to sustain wounds that would otherwise be fatal, but the regenerative rate is nowhere near close Wolverine's, or Sabretooth's. 

Based on the part in bold: Since that is the reason that to you find those things to be plausible, then yes, by comic standards, I will have to agree.

I think everything a character does has a certain degree of feasibility, based on the context of his already established powers and abilities. On the other hand, when a character that is peak human consistently does things beyond what would be his normal stats, then we can't just bypass it. At any case, there is a very thin line on where the one ends, and the other starts.

I am not sure if Deathstroke has just the strength of ten men, despite having seen it stated here and there, but I realise you are merely using it as an example, and I think it is unfortunate that your thread passed unnoticed. But, we are both sadly mistaken if we think a definite answer would ever come out of it, but the debate would have been nice to see, and participate in, since all these are highly theoretical. In the end, depending on the side we're on and the case we are making, we can just as easily switch between the two, and that is not unacceptable, for the simple reason that both sides have a fairly reasonable amount of truth in them.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Baldy
@vuviper said:
" @Baldy said:
"Daredevil put down Wolverine with a pressure point attack and his healing factor is one hell of a lot better than Wolverine's. GG is stronger and faster than Wolverine, but Wolvie is the better fighter. Personally I think if DD can do somthing like this then so can Batman... who I consider a better fighter.  Besides I don't see Batman holding back at all, sure he won't kill, but he's pretty brutal on a regular basis. "
Thanks for the pressure point healing factor knowledge.  Yes batman is always brutal, but how brutal depends on whether morals apply or whether he knows that Goblin is more durable. Normally he'd be brutal but not enough for it to harm Goblin much, but if he knew or if morals didn't apply, he could go straight for the kill blows. "
It'd be pretty easy to tell that Goblin is atleast very fast when they start fighting, so I don't think he'd be pulling any punches. Remember Batman's reflexes are good enough to grab speedsters, along with his ability to read peoples movements and GG's lack of any real skill it's going to be hard for GG to land any telling blows.

This would be a cool fight to watch but I think Batman is just to skillful and knowledgeable in dealing with guys like GG to lose.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Baldy said:

" Daredevil put down Wolverine with a pressure point attack and his healing factor is one hell of a lot better than GG's. GG is stronger and faster than Wolverine, but Wolvie is the better fighter. Personally I think if DD can do somthing like this then so can Batman... who I consider a better fighter.  Besides I don't see Batman holding back at all, sure he won't kill, but he's pretty brutal on a regular basis. "

Others have tried pressure points on Wolverine, and it didn't work. It required consistent applicable force by Elektra even to restrain him, let alone actually knock him out. I'm certain castleking could enlighten us further on this anyway.

Besides, where in my posts did I ever say the Goblin would resist a nerve strike?
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Baldy
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Baldy said:

" Daredevil put down Wolverine with a pressure point attack and his healing factor is one hell of a lot better than GG's. GG is stronger and faster than Wolverine, but Wolvie is the better fighter. Personally I think if DD can do somthing like this then so can Batman... who I consider a better fighter.  Besides I don't see Batman holding back at all, sure he won't kill, but he's pretty brutal on a regular basis. "

Others have tried pressure points on Wolverine, and it didn't work. It required consistent applicable force by Elektra even to restrain him, let alone actually knock him out. I'm certain castleking could enlighten us further on this anyway.

Besides, where in my posts did I ever say the Goblin would resist a nerve strike?
"
Where in my post did I claim that you said he could? I'm just pointing out ways that he can do it. I'm actually not sure anymore on reflection whether Batman could consistantly win here. If he had his armor and gear I'd say yes but as it is I don't know. The most he could hope for really is 7/10 but I'm thinking it's not going to be more than 5/10.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Baldy said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Baldy said:

"
Where in my post did I claim that you said he could? I'm just pointing out ways that he can do it. I'm actually not sure anymore on reflection whether Batman could consistantly win here. If he had his armor and gear I'd say yes but as it is I don't know. The most he could hope for really is 7/10 but I'm thinking it's not going to be more than 5/10. "
Excuse me, I thought it was directed to me because you quoted me, it's all good.
dbzmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dbzmeister

Goblin wins both, he's faster, stronger, almost as intelligent, the glider and pumplkin bombs are just the icing on the cake. I can't believe people are saying Batman could take Goblin in a straight up fist fight Goblin is multiple times stronger and faster (not much difference between him and Spidey I think), Batman's superior technique wouldn't matter he'd be ko'd before he could blink.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Sufferthorn

@Morpheus_ said:

@vuviper said:

" All very true. This fight depends on if character morals apply. And if the characters know who they're going up against. If character morals apply, Batman won't go for kill strikes unless he already knows that Gobby could survive them, those are the only times he does use the kill strike, and power hits, against people with invulnerability or great durability. Batman's durability is a problem and I don't see him taking more than a couple hits without dying since he doesn't have his armor, however, I was making the argument that if Batman was punching with the power he is able to, and he is going for kill strikes, (both of which are determined by the factors mentioned earlier) Goblin could similarly go down in just a couple hits. So I see this as a very short battle (not necessarily timewise, but number of hits wise) I don't see more than 5 blows landing before one of them goes down.

Based on battles forum rules, both characters retain their morals, but do fight at the best of their ability. Now, I realise, that this rule, on occasion, and this occasion is one of them, sounds, and is, antithetic. As for the characters having prior knowledge for each other, I can't remember if the rules state anything about it (by the way, the general rules apply strictly if the OP doesn't give explicit rules of his own, which is basically the case here). I am not sure if the Goblin would go down in a couple of hits, but since you consider some of Batman's most impressive strength feats more so as feats of skill, rather than actual strength. then allow me to retain a more neutral view, because I am not a MA master, to actually know if through extensive training any of those feats would be humanly possible. Because breaking a tree in half, or punching through a brick wall is one thing, but ripping steel doors, or crack bazzoka glass is another, or, at least, that is how I perceive it to be (or, your presentation of that feat was just too convincing for me to think of it as a MA feat, so pride yourself about it). To add to this, the Goblin's healing factor is superior to Spider-man and it was that factor of the goblin serum to which it was attributed why the Goblin survived after being impaled with his own glider to the chest.

Excuse the long post.

This post makes me question the physics of as to why Spider Man isn't ALWAYS having his suit torn up

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By THORSON

can batman use his flying devices?

ZeroKillXo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FIGHT 1

NO PREP

Fight is in New York City building tops

They come equiped with their STANDARD weapons and tools

FIGHT 2

Straight up fist fight

"Seriously though he's beaten stronger foes. Not to mention theres no way in hell Goblin wins the first fight."

With Weapons And Tools Batman Wins, Fists On Fists Goblin.

CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol goblin stomps.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another thread where Batman gets stomped and isn't locked.

momo111191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman both wins both

1. it's in the city goblin wont find batman till the Bats make his own time to prep and finishes him. really all he has to do, is do the standard goblin destruction by knocking him of his glider.

2. Batman has the feats to show him beating people much much tougher than little green over here. umm like every assasin in the DCU where as goblin has the feat to suggest he can beat untrained mall cops. doesn't matter what you have batman has trained to handle it.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Stronger

Green Goblin takes this.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By Raw_Material

My edge goes to Batman.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By rolldestroyer

GG both rounds.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By oceanmaster21

goblin wins

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SSJLozza

GG stomps.

wanonalake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dane: @baldy: @ganseki: look at that, three batman wins without a single reasoning. But what do you expect from a batfan. Anyway, goblin owns. First fight, goblin shoves a pumpkin bomb up.bats ass and bats paints the walls red. round two gobs uppercuts bats head off

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Goblin stomps. Too strong. Too fast. Too durable.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By Wolverine008

Green Goblin stomps. Too strong. Too fast. Too durable.